• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yes, about Classic Mode... I liked the "choose your path" aspect of 3DS Classic Mode so I would keep that in Classic Mode so you always get to choose your opponents... but I also would have made Classic Mode more like how it was in Smash 64 and Melee. This is how I would have done it.

Stage 1 - 1 vs 1 regular battle
Stage 2 - 2 vs 2 team battle
Bonus 1 - Break the Targets (you choose your target course)
Stage 3 - 1 vs 1 regular battle
Stage 4 - 3 vs 1 giant battle
Bonus 2 - Home-Run Contest or Target Blast or Trophy Rush (you choose your mini-game)
Stage 5 - 1 vs 1 regular battle
Boss 1 - you choose your Nintendo boss (Petey Piranha, Porky, Rayquaza, Metal Face, etc.)
Stage 6 - 3 vs 3 team battle
Bonus 3 - Board the Platforms (you choose your platform course)
Stage 7 - 1 vs 1 metal battle
Stage 8 - 4 vs 4 team battle
Bonus 4 - Race to the Finish or Climb to the Finish (you choose your obstacle course)
Stage 9 - 2 vs 2 metal team battle
Stage 10 - 1 vs 10 multi-character battle
Boss 2 - you choose your Smash boss (Master Hand, Galleom, Tabuu, Master Core, etc.)
I honestly don't know what to say about this...

Other than BRILLIANT! I like this idea a lot!

Troykv

Smash Master
Yes, about Classic Mode... I liked the "choose your path" aspect of 3DS Classic Mode so I would keep that in Classic Mode so you always get to choose your opponents... but I also would have made Classic Mode more like how it was in Smash 64 and Melee. This is how I would have done it.

Stage 1 - 1 vs 1 regular battle
Stage 2 - 2 vs 2 team battle
Bonus 1 - Break the Targets (you choose your target course)
Stage 3 - 1 vs 1 regular battle
Stage 4 - 3 vs 1 giant battle
Bonus 2 - Home-Run Contest or Target Blast or Trophy Rush (you choose your mini-game)
Stage 5 - 1 vs 1 regular battle
Boss 1 - you choose your Nintendo boss (Petey Piranha, Porky, Rayquaza, Metal Face, etc.)
Stage 6 - 3 vs 3 team battle
Bonus 3 - Board the Platforms (you choose your platform course)
Stage 7 - 1 vs 1 metal battle
Stage 8 - 4 vs 4 team battle
Bonus 4 - Race to the Finish or Climb to the Finish (you choose your obstacle course)
Stage 9 - 2 vs 2 metal team battle
Stage 10 - 1 vs 10 multi-character battle
Boss 2 - you choose your Smash boss (Master Hand, Galleom, Tabuu, Master Core, etc.)
That idea is awesome! :D

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Much as I expected, a huge argument ensues.

Still went over to show my support for the King.

Edit: Oh hey, only 11 more pages until we break 1000!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It will be odd and sad to see a direct without Iwata welcoming us. :(

Anyway, I think we'll get more game-changing news again, whenever the direct happens.

it's Super Hot
Call the Snowmads! They can solve your problem. :4dedede:

:231:

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmm... Eleven more pages?

That's quite an accomplishment. How many pages did the Ridley thread have?

TallT

Smash Apprentice

1,930 or somewhere close to that I think, but most of the post there came from people debating Ridley's size.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

It almost hit 2000. The K. Rool thread is doing pretty well, but yeah, there's no way we'll ever reach the level of the Ridley thread. Of course, we're less prone to go off-topic, though it has happened here and there, and we've had less detractors coming in to debate us and increase the thread's length.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It almost hit 2000. The K. Rool thread is doing pretty well, but yeah, there's no way we'll ever reach the level of the Ridley thread. Of course, we're less prone to go off-topic, though it has happened here and there, and we've had less detractors coming in to debate us and increase the thread's length.
Well, I'd rather we have one thousand pages of discussion the two thousand pages of... Whatever the Ridley thread was.

:/

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Those are awesome. On your thread, is it possible to make those bomberman emoticons actually part of the list of pre-existing ones, or do you have to copy and paste them?
You would have to copy paste them. Maybe one day they'll become actual Smashboard emotes. We can spam the creators of the site to make them emotes!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You would have to copy paste them. Maybe one day they'll become actual Smashboard emotes. We can spam the creators of the site to make them emotes!

Fair warning: spamming the mods to add new emotes doesn't end well...
Hopefully before long there will no need to ask for a :4kingkrool: emote though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, I'd rather we have one thousand pages of discussion the two thousand pages of... Whatever the Ridley thread was.

:/

All those flamewars, all those moments of hope.... for nothing.

Let's hope that doesn't happen to K.Rool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
When I first saw the K. Rool mii costume, I figured it was first class trolling and didn't really know what it meant.

Thinking about it now, I feel like it's probably not entirely fair to Sakurai and co. to call that sort of thing "trolling" most of the time, because it does seem like Sakurai puts a ton of effort into Smash and legitimately cares what fans think. I think another possible explanation for a lot of "trolling" moments is that Sakurai and some fans, especially the more hardcore ones, aren't necessarily on the same page (e.g., Sakurai may have seen the inclusion of Ridley on Pyrosphere as a way to include a fan favorite character in Smash 4 that he didn't see as being feasible as a playable fighter).

That all said, I think it's tough to know exactly what the K. Rool mii costume means at this point. Since the fighter ballot is unprecedented, analogies to other situations where characters were confirmed or disconfirmed are necessarily going to be imperfect.

As for the "rate their chances" thread, CormyCat made a good point in the Daisy thread a while back that I think bears repeating: you can't vote against someone on the ballot, only for them. Some people don't like K. Rool a lot or think he's out of the running now. I don't think their points are completely unfounded and really, I feel like a good bit of that comes down to personal opinion anyway. But while those discussions and debates can be interesting, as far as I know, they're not what Sakurai and co. are looking at when deciding ballot fighters. We have the ballot for that and on the ballot there's only an option to talk about a character you want in, not one you want out.

So yeah, if you would like K. Rool to be in Smash, I think it makes sense to keep supporting him. If his fate has already been decided, so be it. If not, then votes for him could help tip things in his favor.

Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Supposedly it was a Battletoads revival, but I can't dare remember where I heard that, now, so take it with a pinch of salt. I'm sure it's not difficult to find some, these days. :laugh:
It might have been from the K.Rool smashified video. Also, unrelated question but, would you guys happen to know if Scorpions and Salamanders are natural enemies?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I gave the King about a 50% on RTC. But since Sakurai is a troll and King K Rool is a troll, let's still have faith.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't mind in a way if King K just ends up being kind of the Little Mac or Palutena of Smash 5, because then he would get a trailer he deserves rather than a DLC trailer, cause those suck.

While I'd love him as DLC (95% want), I'm just putting that out there.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
When I first saw the K. Rool mii costume, I figured it was first class trolling and didn't really know what it meant.

Thinking about it now, I feel like it's probably not entirely fair to Sakurai and co. to call that sort of thing "trolling" most of the time, because it does seem like Sakurai puts a ton of effort into Smash and legitimately cares what fans think. I think another possible explanation for a lot of "trolling" moments is that Sakurai and some fans, especially the more hardcore ones, aren't necessarily on the same page (e.g., Sakurai may have seen the inclusion of Ridley on Pyrosphere as a way to include a fan favorite character in Smash 4 that he didn't see as being feasible as a playable fighter).

That all said, I think it's tough to know exactly what the K. Rool mii costume means at this point. Since the fighter ballot is unprecedented, analogies to other situations where characters were confirmed or disconfirmed are necessarily going to be imperfect.

As for the "rate their chances" thread, CormyCat made a good point in the Daisy thread a while back that I think bears repeating: you can't vote against someone on the ballot, only for them. Some people don't like K. Rool a lot or think he's out of the running now. I don't think their points are completely unfounded and really, I feel like a good bit of that comes down to personal opinion anyway. But while those discussions and debates can be interesting, as far as I know, they're not what Sakurai and co. are looking at when deciding ballot fighters. We have the ballot for that and on the ballot there's only an option to talk about a character you want in, not one you want out.

So yeah, if you would like K. Rool to be in Smash, I think it makes sense to keep supporting him. If his fate has already been decided, so be it. If not, then votes for him could help tip things in his favor.
I know Sakurai cares about the fans and puts alot of effort into smash. The problem is his trolling. When you troll fans wanting their favorite characters like K. Rool, Chrom, Ridley, etc., there is a serious problem. I get having fun once in a while, but he sometimes will just to be a jerk.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Morbi

Scavenger
I know Sakurai cares about the fans and puts alot of effort into smash. The problem is his trolling. When you troll fans wanting their favorite characters like K. Rool, Chrom, Ridley, etc., there is a serious problem. I get having fun once in a while, but he sometimes will just to be a jerk.
Honestly, I do not believe he was trolling Chrom fans. Chrom has quite the prolific role in Smash. Furthermore, I doubt he was trolling Ridley fans either. Perhaps he did not want to confirm that Ridley would not be playable until he was absolutely certain which was much closer to the games launch than his initial unveiling. I obviously do not have the answer, but I genuinely believe that Sakurai takes character selection seriously and I highly doubt he has malicious intent towards any fan-base.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Yeah, the whole "Sakurai is a troll" thing is really exaggerated and seems to be the go-to explanation/excuse for just about anything.

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I do not believe he was trolling Chrom fans. Chrom has quite the prolific role in Smash. Furthermore, I doubt he was trolling Ridley fans either. Perhaps he did not want to confirm that Ridley would not be playable until he was absolutely certain which was much closer to the games launch than his initial unveiling. I obviously do not have the answer, but I genuinely believe that Sakurai takes character selection seriously and I highly doubt he has malicious intent towards any fan-base.
I not trying to go off topic but what reason would he have to not be certain Ridley would not be playable? I thought characters were usually completed at the start of development and then they start to work on balancing and other stuff until release.

Morbi

Scavenger
I not trying to go off topic but what reason would he have to not be certain Ridley would not be playable? I thought characters were usually completed at the start of development and then they start to work on balancing and other stuff until release.
I suppose I was operating under the assumption that that was not the case. I could be wrong, it was just a theory of mine. The main point I was trying to convey is that Sakurai is most likely not attempting to taunt fan-bases or anything like that. If the King K. Rool costume means that King K. Rool is not going to be playable, he did not mean it as a big "**** you" to King K. Rool fans.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, the whole "Sakurai is a troll" thing is really exaggerated and seems to be the go-to explanation/excuse for just about anything.
I have to agree. It is apparently being used as an excuse if anything, and it is way to overblown for its own good. I am sure Sakurai does not troll about everything there is. Just because he can troll with us, doesn't mean we should bring it up in every situation, as much as I'd hate to admit it.

Top Bottom