• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
So here's an interesting thought question for you guys: Why do you support the King (or really any of your major supported characters)?
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
-He's the only major Nintendo villain left out of Smash (except one)
-He's from one of my favorite series
-he's a goofy, cosplaying, unhinged crocodile that tries to defeat his enemies by any way necessary, even if it means endangering his krew, starving his enemies, or blowing up an entire island with a gigantic death lazer
-More DK content

Ridley (Metroid)
-The only villain outside of K. Rool that I think warrants being playable in Smash due to him being the second most important character in the Metroid series
-Metroid needs a playable character that's not Samus that is very important to the franchise (Dark Samus comes closest but even then Ridley's just on a completely different level)
-He's sadistic, intelligent, and animalistic
-He's and extra-terrestrial dragon pirate
-More Metroid content

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
-My favorite playable kong out of the Donkey Kong Country series
-Her ponytail is basically an extra limb which would be fun to utilize in smash
-Dixie Kong is outright the most important female Nintendo character that is not playable yet
-More DK content

Inkling (Splatoon)
-I loved Splatoon and I think it's on it's way to becoming a mainstay Nintendo franchise
-I love their designs
-Their ink could be used for an interesting gameplay gimmick

Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
-Really the only important recurring Zelda character that isn't another form of Link/Zelda/Ganondorf
-Could be a cool mix between Zelda's magic and Sheik's up close and personal fighting style
-She's just awesome
-the fact that she's female is a cool bonus

Red (Pokémon)
-The most iconic, recurring, and important avatar character in all of Pokémon (practically the Villager of Pokémon)
-Could be a fun summoning character that references the Pokédex, bicycle, fishing pole, and the role of Pokémon outside the field of battle (Surf, Fly, Strength, etc.)
-Is (for me at least) the cut from Brawl that hurt the most

I also support Isabelle (Animal Crossing), Tiki (Fire Emblem), Sami (Advance Wars), and Isaac (Golden Sun) but they aren't as much as a priority for me as these 6.

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
So other than Wolf and Isaac, who do you guys think could "compete" with K. Rool in terms of votes and realistic additions? Just curious.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
with the ludicrous ammount of effort put into these brand new textures for just a cheap mii outfit(when most have either reused assets or are rather flat in terms of texture and colour) i really have high hopes that k.rool just has to be in developement. I mean it just makes no sense to me to waste all that on just a stupid outfit.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So other than Wolf and Isaac, who do you guys think could "compete" with K. Rool in terms of votes and realistic additions? Just curious.
Bandana Dee at a stretch.

Inkling could definitely be up there too.

I'd be shocked if Snake isn't up there, maybe even higher what with being a popular veteran and all.

Rayman could be a contender, too, if you consider his popularity, while Shantae seems to be the favourite sustainable, non-Konami / Ubisoft third-party candidate out there.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know, theoretically speaking, if Goku was the No. 1 voted character in the Smash Ballot, would Sakurai even acknowledge this? I can picture him joking about Goku not being a video game character hence him not winning the ballot. It would only make sense if Sakurai wanted to both let everyone know that Goku had the most votes but also that he won't be in the game due to not being a video game character. He could just ignore him of course but I think that would be rather dishonest (granted Goku is #1 in the ballot) and that he should let those people know why he can't be in the game instead of letting those people in the dark.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You know, theoretically speaking, if Goku was the No. 1 voted character in the Smash Ballot, would Sakurai even acknowledge this? I can picture him joking about Goku not being a video game character hence him not winning the ballot. It would only make sense if Sakurai wanted to both let everyone know that Goku had the most votes but also that he won't be in the game due to not being a video game character. He could just ignore him of course but I think that would be rather dishonest (granted Goku is #1 in the ballot) and that he should let those people know why he can't be in the game instead of letting those people in the dark.
I think he'd casually mention it in an interview as a joke.

"You know, we actually got a lot of votes for Goku from Dragon Ball Z in the fighter ballot! Of course, he isn't a video game character, so we had to exclude him as a consideration. I am very sorry to any Dragon Ball Z fans! [Laughs]"

StormC

Smash Hero
Sakurai acknowledged both SpongeBob and Goku as joke suggestions during an interview in March. It was the video where he said Mewtwo was "pretty much done."

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I finally caught up with this thread again, whew.
Unpopular opinion: I think this helps the King rather than hurt him.
Late response, but I wholeheartedly agree with this statement 120%. I believe this gives him more exposure to the general Smash audience and therefore he can be no longer be deemed "irrelevant". There are still lots of questions to be answered about this. When did Sakurai and the development team decide to make this Mii costume and others? Why now of all times to reveal something K. Rool related when the ballot isn't done yet? Did the model for the costume come from K. Rool's potential fully playable model? My feeling is that the team decided on this costume and others before the ballot and the model has never been seen before. And you fellow Kutthroats have discussed a lot of the points already about this Kostume Kosplay. This is one big mystery that Sakurai and company have brought before us.

I am still confident and optimistic about K. Rool's chances. Some of you shouldn't jump ship so quickly. I am with this until this galleon sinks.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Off the top of my head, our competitors are Wolf, Snake, ICs, any third party with droves of people voting for them because THEIR GAME WAS SOOOO GOOD (Banjo and indies off the top of my head, though they'd have to kill it in the U.S. to compete with Japan factored in), Isaac, Inklings and maaaaybe Bandana Dee. Others could get in if Sakurai plays favorites, but there would have to be a massive underground flood of votes for anyone to keep up with the above in the actual votes IMO.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

I wonder if he would add him as a mii costume though...or still not...
Plz..no more Goku talk..

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Isaac and Bandana Dee are the only characters that come to mind who are close to the level of popularity of K. Rool.

I don't see Wolf getting in via the Ballot because it seems to be limited to newcomers. Wolf's chances of getting in the game are either him being pre-ballot or my personal theory; him being saved for around the same time Star Fox Zero releases.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

"You know, we actually got a lot of votes for Goku from Dragon Ball Z in the fighter ballot! Of course, he isn't a video game character, so we had to exclude him as a consideration. I am very sorry to any Dragon Ball Z fans! [Laughs]"
Or they could just add Goku from Yuyuki...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Off the top of my head, our competitors are Wolf, Snake, ICs, any third party with droves of people voting for them because THEIR GAME WAS SOOOO GOOD (Banjo and indies off the top of my head, though they'd have to kill it in the U.S. to compete with Japan factored in), Isaac, Inklings and maaaaybe Bandana Dee. Others could get in if Sakurai plays favorites, but there would have to be a massive underground flood of votes for anyone to keep up with the above in the actual votes IMO.
Bayonetta is kinda high voted too aswell

ICs aren't really K. Rool's competitors, they won't happen.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

That would actually be the best way to ha

EDIT: My post got cut off. What's up with that?

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
No one's mean as K. Rool!
No one's schemes like K. Rool!
No one's skin is as scaly and green as K Rool's!
"I'll destroy all those Kongs in my boxing ring!"
What a shock of a Kroc that K. Rool!
Gaston K. Rool.jpeg

So here's an interesting thought question for you guys: Why do you support the King (or really any of your major supported characters)?
K.Rool :
- Villain (I love villains)
- Heavyweight (see my mains)
- Represent the DK, which is obviously lacking content.
- He is goofy, cruel, insane and ingenious. He also like to disguise himself and I have no doubt that he would be willing to sing like any Disney villain.
- Possess an enormous amount of moveset potential.
- Get an awesome community.
- I want him to be in before he become as bashed than Ridley by sad and empty haters.

Ridley :
- Villain (I love villains)
- Would probably be an heavyweight (see my mains).
- Represent Metroid, which is obviously lacking content.
- Second most important Metroid character.
- Lot of potential.
- He is a cruel, sociopathic, cunning and animalistic space dragon.
- Get an awesome community.
- People who support him would finally be let alone by those sad and empty haters.

Bowser Jr :
- Favorite Mario character.
- Was the most important Mario character that wasn't playable. (in my opinion)
- Lot of potential (as you can see)
- I wanted his theme from Galaxy...

Waluigi :
- I love Waluigi
- Awesome personnality.
- Could have a crazy, original moveset.

Other character I would like to see are Bandana Dee and Porky.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm still holding on to my prediction that we're getting a direct on Wednesday.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Sakurai acknowledged both SpongeBob and Goku as joke suggestions during an interview in March. It was the video where he said Mewtwo was "pretty much done."
Really? That's hilarious, what video specifically was that?

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
...Plus, as a reptile owner, I totally want to see K. Rool have to bust out the heat lamps and stuff so he wouldn't freeze. Just picture King K. Rool in a floofy parka and mittens rubbing his claws together and glaring at a grinning Fredrik. You're welcome.
This idea was too good, I had to make something with it. Wish I could make it look better, but I don't feel too bad considering I have nothing but Paint to work with. :p

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
BTW check out the top tweets Sakurai has been tagged in.
https://twitter.com/search?vertical=default&q=sora_sakurai&src=typd

There are many K. Rool ones! And they all seem to convey the same thing: we want more than a K. Rool Mii! Good job everyone.

Also, just to be clear, I hope we are all respectful when sending him tweets. Even if Sakurai doesn't give us K. Rool (which we don't know if he will or won't yet), we should remember that he is a real person and it can be stressful as a content creator to get vitriolic comments. Especially so after something very trying has happened in our lives, like the passing of a close friend or colleague. We can and should air our unsatisfaction with the K. Rool Mii costume and Kampaign for K. Rool firmly but politely. We don't have to agree with him or pretend we're happy with his choices or his team's work. We just have to have some good sense and tact.

Practically speaking, remember he can block accounts, too.

Keep going everyone!!

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I did call more than once guys. I spoke with a few people with all the same answers i got. "nope, doesn't affect a characters chance on being a character". Again I don't troll with you guys i'm not sakruai. I asked them if they have confirmed it with nintendo themselves and they responded "yes". Some people may say that they know nothing from the actual ballot itself or what their planning, but most of the people i have spoken with said the same thing everytime. Even if they did or didn't know anything about the ballot, this news would push K Rool supporters back on track were we need them. I bought the K rool costume, and i do think this is a good start for king k. rool to be in the game. Good? but still kinda of a bad idea because people think he won't be playable. People automatically think a character is de confirmed because of a costume. I'm really starting to believe from what i've heard, costumes don't de confirm someone. Maybe inklings and king k rool can have another shot. Also I highly doubt chrom would be a DLC character. We just got roy so it makes sense to add chrom as a costume. If any of you haven't bought the k rool costume yet, I would highly recommend you do. Even if its just a costume, it still shows our support. The more sales the better. The more we keep fighting, the closer we get to having our loving crocodile in smash once and for all.

P.S Does anyone know any big nintendo employees?

Top Bottom