• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We want to believe.

But why sell K. Rool and Mii Costume K. Rool, unless the Costume is free?

We won't know until Friday.
But characters are 3.99

And suits are .75

The cost is not a option for a excuse of reason why the king is 100% deconfirmed

Besides are you blind as a bat 2 megamans and link have a costume

And since you have to buy the game thats 60$ for the game (for all non dlc characters.)

Hes not deconfirmed until sakurai saids so

(Ridleys was when he did that interview about why hes not playable.)

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Why have the most iconic version of King K. Rool not be his dafault costume. He can just pull out the blunderbuss as the King.
Because Sakurai didn't wanted another character that is a king like Dedede and is OPINION ERASED. But wanted to put K. Rool because the ballot demanded so.
Its a theory. And at this point. I would rather have any version of K. Rool over no K. Rool at all. I would even accept a Bowser clone ffs.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Does "we have received an extremely large number of votes" mean "we have tallied everything already and decided on characters despite the ballot not being over"?

Like, c'mon.
No. But that doesn't mean they haven't already started looking at votes.

Now you're just backpedaling.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Wellp, after reading posts about it and thinking about it all day, I really do think that this helps K.Rool's chances.

It could go either way, but I'm choosing to be optimistic. Something about the amount of detail in this costume is making me hopeful.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
No. But that doesn't mean they haven't already started looking at votes.

Now you're just backpedaling.
Ok.

Let me put it to you plain and simple.

Why not, oh, idk, WAIT UNTIL THE BALLOT IS OVER before crying about it.

smh the overreaction is real

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet
Anyone got an answer to my question? Sorry to ask again but is it a common theme that we are a getting a big announcement/direct/new content approaching Friday?

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Ok.

Let me put it to you plain and simple.

Why not, oh, idk, WAIT UNTIL THE BALLOT IS OVER before crying about it.

smh the overreaction is real
I don't think marching into the thread with this holier-than-thou attitude is doing anyone any favors.

Anyone got an answer to my question? Sorry to ask again but is it a common theme that we are a getting a big announcement/direct/new content approaching Friday?
The DLC, costumes and stages, are coming this Friday on the 31st. We can only assume some sort of New Content Coming video or mini-Direct will be released then as well.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
You'd think so because that's what they did last time.
That being said, I have a feeling that we won't be getting a character with this update so maybe they don't consider it major enough for a dedicated video.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I have every reason to hate K. Rool. He made a part of my childhood a nightmare... His Kremlings swarming the screen...

So why do I support him? Because he's so... Bad.

Seriously, how many Nintendo villains are evil and revel in it?

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I have every reason to hate K. Rool. He made a part of my childhood a nightmare... His Kremlings swarming the screen...

The roster in general seriously lacks villains.
Part of the reason I want K.Rool to be in so badly is because he fills in so many areas of the game that feel neglected.
There is a lack of heavyweights, villains, and Donkey Kong representation. K.Rool is all three of these things.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The roster in general seriously lacks villains.
Part of the reason I want K.Rool to be in so badly is because he fills in so many areas of the game that feel neglected.
There is a lack of heavyweights, villains, and Donkey Kong representation. K.Rool is all three of these things.
Sidekicks are filth...

Yes I am the Joker.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
is there going to been new stuff announced tomorrow? and is there a direct friday?
Tournament mode, new stages (Hyrule Castle, Peach's Castle 64, and there is a Dr. Mario stage leak floating around with its legitimacy called into question) and new Mii Costumes (Chrom, K. Rool, with more to be revealed within the next day) will be released for purchase on Friday July 31st. We can only expect some sort of video to accompany it but we're getting awfully close to Friday and still no word on it.

Edit: And yes, I have the Smash JPN twitter on another tab that I refresh periodically to see which new Miis come out. I swear I will get some sleep tonight.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I don't think marching into the thread with this holier-than-thou attitude is doing anyone any favors.
I dunno.

I just don't see what's so difficult to grasp regarding the ballot.

"Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! The deadline for entry is 10/3/2015."

Literally this thread:

"K. Rool is a Mii Fighter costume, there's no way he can be a fighter now despite the fact that the ballot isn't even over!! THIS BALLOT IS A SHAM QUICK ARM THE CANNONS WE MUST GO AND REVOTE ALONG WITH AN EXPLANATION FOR HIM THIS WILL HELP OUR CASE SURELY"

Maybe I'm being too logical.

tl;dr:

Mii Fighter costume doesn't deconfirm him as a fighter.

Heck, even before people seem to believe that K. Rool is going to be like, the most voted character in the ballot when he hasn't had a relevant appearance for like, 9 or 10 years. I'd imagine a large percentage of the voters of the ballot are 14-18 year olds, who, sorry to say, probably don't even know what a King K. Rool is.

gj, yes, your smashboards support thread is big. Yes, Reddit does say that K. Rool is popular. But these places are primarily used by older gamers and still isn't indicative of literally everyone else.

Realistically it would be nice if everyone just calmed down and waited for the ballot to, y'know, finish, but all the while not getting too hyped about it, because seeing as Sakurai seems to hate the DK franchise alongside K. Rool not being as popular as you probably believe him to be.

Just my thoughts on the whole thing imo.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

A bunch of them, actually. Bowser enjoys being an asshole (even though he has a soft side), Ganondorf names himself the King of Evil, Ridley is a psychotic, murderous *******, Porky is a jerk that always gets what he wants, etc.

But yeah, they all are charming villains that we like because they're, plain and simple, evil.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I dunno.

"Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! The deadline for entry is 10/3/2015."

Literally this thread:

"K. Rool is a Mii Fighter costume, there's no way he can be a fighter now despite the fact that the ballot isn't even over!! THIS BALLOT IS A SHAM QUICK ARM THE CANNONS WE MUST GO AND REVOTE ALONG WITH AN EXPLANATION FOR HIM THIS WILL HELP OUR CASE SURELY"

tl;dr:

Heck, even before people seem to believe that K. Rool is going to be like, the most voted character in the ballot when he hasn't had a relevant appearance for like, 9 or 10 years. I'd imagine a large percentage of the voters of the ballot are 14-18 year olds, who, sorry to say, probably don't even know what a King K. Rool is.

gj, yes, your smashboards support thread is big. Yes, Reddit does say that K. Rool is popular. But these places are primarily used by older gamers and still isn't indicative of literally everyone else.

Realistically it would be nice if everyone just calmed down and waited for the ballot to, y'know, finish, but all the while not getting too hyped about it, because seeing as Sakurai seems to hate the DK franchise alongside K. Rool not being as popular as you probably believe him to be.

That's fine. Your viewpoint is completely logical and fully valid. It simply felt that you were belittling the Kutthroats. I will admit some of us haven't managed to stay civil but we look after our own and try to get people to stay on the right path.

Myself I'm holding out for Friday. The ballot won't be over until October, this is true, but it's hard to ignore the writing on the wall. And after 3 years of a fully grass roots campaign taking off as it has, coming down from a high of having global publicity only to be blindsided by a Mii outfit puts people in a very unusual mindset. Myself included.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice

I found the Mii
I'm not gonna lie but you may have stumbled upon something big here and i know this is just wishful thinking, but look at the mii that was chosen, he has the HIGHER global smash power. Now what if, they chose that mii to show that King K Rool has the highest amount of votes in the smash ballot. I know its a long shot but i know Sakurai likes to troll and i would actually laugh if there was a direct and he starts showing off the mii costumes and King K Rool shows up and he says, "Now you may not remember this mii, but he was used before showing he had a high global smash power, we used him because the costume he is in also has a very high score in something........The Smash Ballot" then it goes to a trailer for the King

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That's fine. Your viewpoint is completely logical and fully valid. It simply felt that you were belittling the Kutthroats. I will admit some of us haven't managed to stay civil but we look after our own and try to get people to stay on the right path.

Myself I'm holding out for Friday. The ballot won't be over until October, this is true, but it's hard to ignore the writing on the wall. And after 3 years of a fully grass roots campaign taking off as it has, coming down from a high of having global publicity only to be blindsided by a Mii outfit puts people in a very unusual mindset. Myself included.
Not belittling anyone here. I think K. Rool would be an interesting addition to the roster. :)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm not gonna lie but you may have stumbled upon something big here and i know this is just wishful thinking, but look at the mii that was chosen, he has the HIGHER global smash power. Now what if, they chose that mii to show that King K Rool has the highest amount of votes in the smash ballot. I know its a long shot but i know Sakurai likes to troll and i would actually laugh if there was a direct and he starts showing off the mii costumes and King K Rool shows up and he says, "Now you may not remember this mii, but he was used before showing he had a high global smash power, we used him because the costume he is in also has a very high score in something........The Smash Ballot" then it goes to a trailer for the King
I would consider that a funny coincidence at most. I noticed that Global Smash Power thing too but didn't think much of it. It's an interesting theory but it would be easy for others to call the Kutthroats Ridley Delusional(TM) at this point.

Not belittling anyone here. I think K. Rool would be an interesting addition to the roster. :)
Alright, I apologize if I sounded antagonistic.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace

I found the Mii
The other one was also reused to show the new Smash hoodie
Hmm, the King K.Rool Kostume being worn by the guy o....
Ninjaed, that's what I'm thinking

Uzume

Orange Heart
A bunch of them, actually. Bowser enjoys being an ******* (even though he has a soft side), Ganondorf names himself the King of Evil, Ridley is a psychotic, murderous *******, Porky is a jerk that always gets what he wants, etc.

But yeah, they all are charming villains that we like because they're, plain and simple, evil.
Evil just feels SOOO good.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
The Straw Grasp is strong. This is such a far-fetched theory, yet I'm willing to put on the tinfoil helmet for it. I'm regaining hope.

Last edited:

Parades

Smash Rookie
I was trying to think of a way to sum up this sentiment into a quick quip, but this works too. I don't think that there's actually anything to it, because that's one hell of a subtle hint if so, but it's nice to think about.

Last edited:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
You know what if when Mashed Potato Samurai said that the highest voted character on the Smash Ballot will become a fighter...

He meant a Mii fighter.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
You know what if when Mashed Potato Samurai said that the highest voted character on the Smash Ballot will become a fighter...

He meant a Mii fighter.
Then why not specify that? Whats the point of voting if we get dollar store move-sets for each of the voted characters in the form of a Mii fighter?

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
To inject some humor back into the thread, not K. Rool related, I wouldn't think that my reaction to seeing a parent murdering, plundering psychopath that looks like a Xenomorph being playable would make me go like this:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
A bunch of them, actually. Bowser enjoys being an ******* (even though he has a soft side), Ganondorf names himself the King of Evil, Ridley is a psychotic, murderous *******, Porky is a jerk that always gets what he wants, etc.

@ Wintropy Wintropy

Do you still have that 'villain type' post you made?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno.

Literally this thread:

tl;dr:

Completely unrelated to anything that you said but I found it amusing that your tl;dr is actually longer than the content of your post before it and is probably similar in length to the combined contents of your other posts.

Which made me lol.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

He meant a Mii fighter.
The rage from the fanbases involved in all of this would probably be felt around the world to be honest XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom