• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How can anyone still get butthurt after "being bent over and ****ed over constantly and and again and again and again" like Dark Phazon delicately put it? One would think they would be loose by now.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

...Or is it?

Look, things look bad, but it isn't a disconfirmation, or a confirmation. It's still kind of vague as to where K. Rool stands. Currently, we can't do much besides hope for the best. We're not out of the running yet, the Inkling fanbase is still running strong, even with their costumes. There's still hope we can see K. Rool get in, if we just push forward and show we want him in.

Besides, surely Sakurai knows K. Rool can do more than an average Brawler? We don't know everything this update has in store quite yet, let's wait for it to drop and we'll hoist our sails and head towards the ballots then.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Iunno what to tell you guys, keep on Kampaigning and all can still be well probably.

Keep the votes going and be vocal, just like, don't take this costume the wrong way.
That said, @ Dark Phazon Dark Phazon I think you should probably take a break for the rest of the day. You keep on posting like this you could probably get yourself banned through another infraction and it's not really worth it over a Mii Fighter costume, imo.

Keep your head up high, it's not over till the fat Croc sings!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
It probably will, UNLESS we're being trolled, *which is a very well possibility*, NIntendo / the smash dev. team yet again (e3 2015) let a LOT of people down and crushed a lot of people's dreams. There's going to be HUGE backlash for King K. Rool's exclusion considering he is one of the most wanted characters. So Nintendo should EXPECT the dislikes if anything. If K. Rool ACTUALLY is NOT coming to smash 4 after saying they were basing DLC off of "FAN SERVICE." Then that is the biggest lie of the year by Nintendo.
I'm just thinking about the more superficial thought that Nintendo could have, .. like, underestimating their intelligence (lol); "Hey, look, that K. Rool costume was too disliked at the trailer, and seems that's not selling enough.. Maybe K. Rool it's not likeable at all". I dunno...
As I said I'm not much worried about his inclusion, but this kind of "bad marketing" can be interpreted at many ways.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
I'm just thinking about the more superficial thought that Nintendo could have, .. like, underestimating their intelligence (lol); "Hey, look, that K. Rool costume was too disliked at the trailer, and seems that's not selling enough.. Maybe K. Rool it's not likeable at all". I dunno...
As I said I'm not much worried about his inclusion, but this kind of "bad marketing" can be interpreted at many ways.
The best way would propably be to like the video and then write a comment like: "I like that we got K Rool, but i dislike he is a costume since i voted for him to be a fighter" If we get enough of this comments we could get the attention we need.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This kind of stuff makes me upset that Nintendo refuses to elaborate on who is qualified on the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot other than the piss-poor, overly vague "video game character" guideline.

New Flash: Not all "video game characters" are qualified for Smash 4. :glare:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
No dudd..its the ****ing principal of being bent over and ****ed over constantly and and again and again and again.
Thats why im so mad because its so much fake bias bull* and nothings gonna change or happen about it dude.

I have never had anyone i ever wanted added in smash bros.

Not only that E3 was ****ing dog****.

Nintendo just suck so major Donkey Dong its unreal.
You dont understand at all trust me.
Screwed over 24/7

And its not even just getting screwed over its major mocking and insult to injury aswell goes hand in hand and again..over and over and over again.
I dont give a flying Shy guy ****.

When i see Bull* i call it out RealTalk

Take a break, cool off, get some rest and recollect yourself and come back later with a calm mind. We don't need that type of negativity in this thread its not going to make anyone look good.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
*just got the news* ...I don't want to live on this planet anymore. *gets in a rocket*

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
I wonder what Sakurai is trying to achieve through releasing these Mii costumes.

If he did see the ballot votes for K. Rool, what is he trying to do with showing the K. Rool Mii?
And why is he doing this before the ballot characters are announced? Doesn't this spoil the surprise a little?
Is this a prank trying to get us upset about K. Rool being only a costume, and then surprise us with him being a real character as well later on?
Or does he think he's trying to please the K. Rool supporters with this? But still, why would he show it earlier then, to hint at him not making it in, but at least getting a Mii costume since he sees he's popular?

Or... does he want to see how many would buy him by trying that out with a Mii costume and then decide on if he should be made a playable fighter?

Well, maybe he did plan on doing Dixie from the start since apparently she was considered since a while (leftover data in Brawl).
Or perhaps he will surprise us with a Dixie & K. Rool trailer in a few days?

I really hope DK is gonna get another representative. It's unbelievably underrepresented in terms of character amount and even other content (except for stages).

At least the costume looks really nice. Hopefully K. Rool will stay with us in the future. Either in Smash or in the new DK games.
What I see it as is Sakurai trying to continue the conversation and mystery surrounding DLC to get it as close to the pre game lead up as possible. Before yesterday most people called King K Rool a shoo in considering all the supports he has. This costume thing is like taking a monkey wrench and throwing it into the gears of peoples collective expectations. We are now left to wonder if this is the end and if so who could be DLC. Sakurai loves this game and he wants his fans to get excited and when people are just waiting for K Rool to be announced he wants make the surprise alot more, well, surprising and that is through trickery and manipulation.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
My 3 most wanted characters were Ridley, K.Rool & Mewtwo.

The Ridley thread was my frigging home! I ltreally had the Ridley thread bookmarked on my phone not even SmashBoards was bookmarked just the Ridley thread was i stayed in their because it was my home for 2 years.

Then Mother brain got added as a AT then Dark Samus it was all playing out.

Not even Mewtwo who i didnt even visit his thread because i thought he was locked like Lil Mac and Palutena.

Then the ESRB leak hit and i didnt get ****ing nothing! ****ing nothing at all for **** sake!

Then Ridley gets deconfirmed in the direct..****..i was twice as mad about that then i am now!

Then Mew2 gets added and he still sucks **** light as crap..still sucks...and now this..
**** this man and **** Sakurai.
Its all bull*

Dont give a **** no more **** him peice of ****.
You have no ****ing idea how ****ed this **** has been for me and other since day 1.

Just been screwed over 24/7 for 3 years.

Pakky

Smash Hero
My 10$ says that this whole character vote thing is a publicity stunt and costumes are the best we will ever get. The DLC team has probably already decided who is coming back.
I hope this isn't the case because it feels like it

Then Mew2 gets added and he still sucks **** light as crap..still sucks...and now this..
Its all bull*
Hey now, Mewtwo is not bad at all.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord

The Ridley thread was my frigging home! I ltreally had the Ridley thread bookmarked on my phone not even SmashBoards was bookmarked just the Ridley thread was i stayed in their because it was my home for 2 years.

Not even Mewtwo who i didnt even visit his thread because i thought he was locked like Lil Mac and Palutena.

Then the ESRB leak hit and i didnt get ****ing nothing! ****ing nothing at all for **** sake!

Then Ridley gets deconfirmed in the direct..****..i was twice as mad about that then i am now!

Its all bull*

You have no ****ing idea how ****ed this **** has been for me and other since day 1.

okaaaaaay you're officially getting annoying. We get it, you've been screwed over, thank you for repeating your life story en masse to us, but I sadly do not give a **** any more. Please leave this thread, not only are you making us look petulant, whiny, and immature, but this video sums up my feelings towards you right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1a-hqvGNI

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Again DONT GET UPSET over this news. The poll still has TWO MONTHS, and we haven't gotten anyword on the status of the winners. K Rool can still easily win this poll. The most important part here is to continue to VOTE. Be aggressive, but smart. Message Nintendo on twitter, and continue to rally supporters. Tell everyone we want K Rool in!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

Its all bull*

You need to calm down, you are going to get banned, I would be fuming if Bandana Dee was a Mii Costume but this is no reason to act out...Personally I would go take a walk.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman

Its all bull*

Dark Phazon said:
I have never had anyone i ever wanted added in smash bros.
Dude....you're not even thinking straight calm down...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll try to optimistic here, and share this thought with you: what if the K.Rool costume is a testimony from Sakurai to acknowlegde the immensive support for King K.Rool online, and wants to adress this ingame to? Or in a potential trailer with several "Kutthroat Miis" running around, maybe even making a reference to the ballot itself? As in, "Kutthroat Miis" voting for King K.Rool on the ballot, and the real deal appearing later?

Pakky

Smash Hero
How can anyone still get butthurt after "being bent over and ****ed over constantly and and again and again and again" like Dark Phazon delicately put it? One would think they would be loose by now.
Yes insulting the person is going to make everything so much better. You're being immature.

MainJPW

M.T.A
On an other note, I think that the DK as a lot more chance to win. They say he punches so fast the air make explosion and that he he so strong he can shake the ground (plus they take the cartoon in account)
While we're still on this note, Knuckles has done literally the same things in a couple games, not that DK will loose though.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Its all bull*

Too bad your life revolves around Smash Bros.
Stop posting that kind of message, you'll get banned.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Please refrain from insulting others, regardless of how you think of certain posts.

I'm just worried this thread could get locked.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I don't get why people are freaking out.

What do we know and what are the possible scenarios?

tl;dr for paragraph below: K Rool is popular, even if he's less popular on the Ballot than he is here.

We know that K Rool is likely to be one of the more popular characters on the Smash Ballot due to some independent polling. He is fairly popular in Japan and very popular in the US. It's very likely that all the polls we've seen (being mostly hosted at places like here and Reddit and other gaming sites) are somewhat biased because of where they were conducted - but it's also true that people who vote on the Smash Ballot are self-selected passionate fans as well, so the bias is not as strong as it would be, say, if everyone who bought Smash Bros got a vote (i.e. many casual fans will vote in neither the Ballot NOR polls about the Ballot). But even so, his popularity is such that he's probably high-ranking on the Ballot, even if he may be a bit lower due to casual fans. My feeling is that a lot of the casuals would be voting for many different characters, not coalescing around several other high-ranking character which would push K Rool down. Not to mention, K Rool probably has a bit of support from the casual crowd too. It's characters like Shantae that may be getting very little support from casuals that I'd say polling bias is more likely to affect.

This scenario is unprecedented. Yes, Meta Knight's mask was revealed before Meta Knight, but MK was a veteran. We didn't see any costumes that have confirmed character cuts or omissions. We also saw that some kinds of character content do not disqualify a character for DLC - Lucas and Mewtwo both had trophies. So there is no "rule" here that K Rool can't get in now. There is no precedent, not even close to being one. The only other characters with Mii costumes/hats that aren't already playable are ones that have no chance of being playable because they're already stage elements (KK Slider), ATs (Isabelle, Waluigi, Skull Kid), part of move sets (Dunban, Toad) or no-chancer 3rd parties (Proto Man, Zero, Heihachi, etc.). Well, and general no-chancers like Shy Guy and Barbara the Bat. And the Inklings, which... well...

Unlike the Inklings, K Rool is much larger and differently shaped from any Mii Brawler. The Inklings could be doable even with the Inkling costumes, but you have to admit the Mii costumes look very similar to how the Inklings would actually look as playable characters. Thus I see their Mii costume as much more problematic for them. This isn't really an issue for K Rool; K Rool and K Rool Mii Brawler would be much more different than even Link and Link Mii Swordfighter. But you can hardly base a "rule" that K Rool is deconfirmed on the Inkling costume given that 1. we don't even know for sure that the Inklings are deconfirmed and 2. there are relevant differences between them.

Ok, so what does this tell us then? They know K Rool is popular. That's definitely good news for K Rool.

It could mean that they know he's popular and they're just throwing his fans (what they think is) a bone and this is instead of making him playable. Or this could mean they're gauging the desire for K Rool somewhat using this. Or this could simply be a prelude to his inclusion.

But they can't reveal his costume before they reveal him, because that would be "SPOILERS!!!" you say. But the reaction here shows just how untrue that is. They know that people won't assume he's in, and, in fact, will be more likely to assume he's not. And revealing him as a character later (or even this weekend) is a totally plausible Sakurai troll move.

On the whole, I'd say this costume is mostly a wash. Even if you think it makes him less likely, it hardly "deconfirms" him. At the same time, it shows that they know he's popular, which could help him.

Basically, I still think he's one of the most likely characters, even if this hurts a little bit. I do recognize that Sakurai has very different views on what is pleasing to character fan bases - he thinks that Ridley being a stage hazard is cool (nope, it just ruins the stage and the teasing just made everything worse). He thinks that Mii costumes are cooler than they are*. So it could be a consolation prize, but on the whole I think it doesn't change the situation that much since we don't really have any precedent to go by.

*I will say that for no-chancers like Zero and Heihachi, the Mii costumes are fine as a service to those fans. Personally, I'd still prefer Proto Man as a Mega Man alt, but the Mii costume is more than I expected anyway. And I didn't really want him as a full character anyway when there are more deserving candidates out there.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Please refrain from insulting others, regardless of how you think of certain posts.

I'm just worried this thread could get locked.
The problem is that so many people wanna be the "cool guy" and dictate how a person should feel.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
Calm down guys. Quit insulting each other. In times like this we need to stay together. ITS NOT OVER YET! WE CAN DO THIS! PROVE TO SAKURAI WE WONT STAND FOR THIS! But... Be calm about it.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that so many people wanna be the "cool guy" and dictate how a person should feel.
People shouldn't take a fictitious character not making it into a video game this seriously by uttering death threats and mindless insults.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Maybe it makes sense to make the most popular character a DL character and a DL costume. More money.

Pakky

Smash Hero
People shouldn't take a fictitious character not making it into a video game this seriously by uttering death threats and mindless insults.
Well let him burn himself out, insulting him or pointing out how wrong he is isn't going to improve his attitude on the situation.

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master

Its all bull*

I know that feel.
When Smash4 was announced I thought Megaman was really interesting and kinda cool, even though I never had anything to do with him. In my mind I went into the "new characters" stuff with a very positive thought.

"I only want these 2-3 characters in the game and I'm set."
"At least one of them will definitely make it in easily."
.. or so I thought. I even had Knuckles as an extra that I knew wouldn't have a realistic chance anyway.
I just wanted Mewtwo back, and a new DK character. K. Rool > Dixie, but either would be nice. Both was also a possibility, since DK was getting bigger again with DKC:R and then even TF.

I also got nothing I wanted. It felt like I wanted SO little, would be pleased with ANYTHING new that I'd at least like. I had little to almost no connection to all the newcomer characters or at least didn't care that much about them so everyone was just a "bonus" for me. But getting nothing was really frustrating.
Thank the lord for having Mewtwo als DLC.
The ballot opened new doors, and Lucas, Ryu and Roy showed us they can add many new characters. At least give DK another one. One that is universally wanted all over earth. K. Rool is really popular... but like I said in my previous post, I'm not sold on him having no chance anymore. We'll see.

Though cursing about it sadly isn't gonna make it better. I guess I lost some emotional attachment to all of this since I'm mostly going in with a "it probably won't happen anyway" attitute since most of the stuff doesn't please me / was disappointing.
But we should stay positive and hope for the best.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
In my time here, I haven't seen this thread this riled up. Not even when K. Rool was shown as a trophy.

My point is that we've always been one of the calmer support topics. Let's not lose that image and keep calm. It's not over yet.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042

Its all bull*

I'm right there with you, man. Those were my top three as well. K. Rool getting in was Sakurai's last chance to redeem himself in my eyes. And I'm still holding on and hoping this is the Meta Knight fake out again. Given that DLC reveals have been done in some ways like last year's reveals. Just stay calm, my friend. I am just as upset as you, I promise. We may still have a chance at this.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I just hope that the ballot really does yield at least one character because if not, I'll be a bit confused as to why it was made in the first place.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Its all bull*

That's your own fault for taking characters added into a videogame so seriously, everyone has characters they wanted and got shafted, so stop playing victim here for god's sake.
It's still no excuse for you swearing to everyone, throwing a tantrum and acting like it's the end of the world for such a minuscule reason, characters in Smash Bros don't dictate your life, jeez.
CALM DOWN.

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
Part of me feels like the costume is a great thing. Even if it deconfirms him in Smash his legacy is still shown with this inclusion.

Also, even if Sakurai originally planned on skipping K. Rool, it doesn't mean that he won't change his mind before October hits. The best thing to do (as of now) is to vote and show how passionate this fanbase really is. I have never seen such a dedicated fanbase in Smash Bros. before and after 3 games of waiting, I feel like it's finally time we show how much King K. Rool really means to us.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Well let him burn himself out, insulting him or pointing out how wrong he is isn't going to improve his attitude on the situation.
I'm not just pointing out that he's wrong, I'm also stating a way he can let off some steam without verbal insults and unnecessary death threats that aren't warranted what-so-ever. But fine, you have a point, telling him what to do most likely won't change anything in the long run, if anything the mods will handle it.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I heard something about the ballot ending...I assumed it would be up until a sequel​
There's always been an ending date of October. After that, the ballot is over and characters will start being released.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
This thread is hard to keep up with... It is odd that so many of the people are glued to this thread. I've spent a fair bit of time reading through other threads to see their reaction.

I think it's fair to say that overall the reaction is a bit more muted than this one. People don't want their character Miiified, but they similarly don't think this is the end for K Rool rather than a potential roadblock. I think a summary of the positives is in order:

+ King K Rool has been actively recognised by Nintendo for the first time since 2008
+ Nintendo have been heavily inspired by the fan favourite design
+ All the noise gives K Rool a strong platform for future appearances
+ This is not an outright disconfirmation; even if this is the only planned content we still have 2 months to try change their mind

We all know the negative; K Rool has a very real chance of not making it in. This has always been the case. Is this costume worse than nothing? I am not honestly sure. Even if it does represent his ultimate failure to make it into Smash 4, it could herald his triumphant return. I have mixed feelings. Either way it is clear Nintendo wanted to do something for his fans; it is not yet what we want and it's important we make that clear but I also think it's important we don't get into the mindset of this being a deliberately inflammatory event by Nintendo - which, unless K Rool is announced soon (in which case, who cares?) I really don't think it is.

Finally, a message to those who want to jump ship: why? The way I see it, there are 2 possibilities:

1) Your votes still influence ballot characters - in which case they still can for K Rool!

2) Your votes don't - in which case, you may as well spend them communicating your distaste for the current state of affairs.

Please, just stay aboard a while longer. At least until the official disconfirmation you expect happens, in which case it will be soon.

Top Bottom