• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm not trying to be a downer, but Sakurai isn't as big a troll as everyone thinks. It's more like they read things into his words, and then are disappointed when he doesn't come through.

That said, he does troll. Just...short term. Like in the Smash Direct..."Zero Suit Samus won't be in this game....JUST KIDDING." He always makes it clear that he's kidding really soon after.

If Rool is in, I expect him by Friday, next week at worst. Otherwise...well, let's look at things more long term.
What happens next week?

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Where the hell do you get this notion that there are, for a fact, two spaces remaining? We know jack ****. They haven't said ANYTHING about how many characters are left. Its pure BS to say that there are exactly two characters left.
I think he's reffering to the two "Mario" slots left. There used to be 5, but Lucas and Co. took up 3.

Of course, they could add more, so I don't see his logic. They weren't there from the beginning or anything.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
What happens next week?
As of now? Nothing. But if Rool is in, we'll hear about him soon. I just said a week because that seems like a good timeframe. If it's more than that, he's left the joke hanging much longer than he usually does.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think he's reffering to the two "Mario" slots left. There used to be 5, but Lucas and Co. took up 3.

Of course, they could add more, so I don't see his logic. They weren't there from the beginning or anything.
Yeah, and the slots mean jack ****. We know nothing about them.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
On one hand, this isn't a real deconfermation,on the others and this is pretty much our Pyrosphere reveal.
Yh and we all know what happened to Ridley...im not fooling for that 1 again.
**** Sakurai i honestly cant believe this happened AGAIN !!
1st Ridley and now K.Rool...
**** Sakurai peice of ****ing dog**** ************.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
There's a good chance we'll know if they are working on another character from data farmers in the same vein that Roy and Ryu were discovered in a few days. If not then they are waiting until after the ballot for more Dlc characters, possibly releasing them in bulk like in June?

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I'm as a big a K. Rool fan as anyone but seriously guys, calm down. Walking into this thread you'd think someone got murdered. At the end of the day, it's a fictional crocodile in a fighting game. Life goes on. Also, Sakurai did not do this out of spite like some were saying. Just because you're upset doesn't mean that he's actively trying to piss you off.

And saying Link and Meta Knight have costumes doesn't mean anything. They were in the base game and were coming back anyway. It's like the whole Inkling situation. If Sakurai was gonna make them playable, why add the costumes after release?

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm just being realistic. I was on the Ridley hype train so I know exactly how this feels. I've learned to not be so optimistic. I'll hold out hope until this weekend. If nothing of note happens, I'm considering him deconfirmed.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There's a good chance we'll know if they are working on another character from data farmers in the same vein that Roy and Ryu were discovered in a few days. If not then they are waiting until after the ballot for more Dlc characters, possibly releasing them in bulk like in June?
You have a point. So, the dataminers will datamine the update when it comes out?

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I doubt they'd make the same mistake twice.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I already see some posts saying "Sakurai hates DK because KKR Mii" and I'm sick of it.

If you're going by "Sakurai didn't include this massively popular character" to say that Sakurai hates a series, that isn't fair. Going by that logic, he also hates your precious Golden Sun, Zelda, Metroid, Rhythm Heaven and god knows what else was popular at some point.

Please use some common sense. Sakurai more likely than not doesn't hate any series.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
guys there are already playable fighters with Mii outfits having a Mii outfit doesn't mean K Rool still can't be playable

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I don't know why people are comparing this to the Pyrosphere situation. Ridley was a boss. K. Rool is a... costume. Nothing is preventing K. Rool from joining the roster. Ridley? According to Sakurai, he was too big and the team likely couldn't get him working. Whether or not you agree with that reasoning is irrelevant. If K. Rool doesn't get in, I'm curious to see what excuse Sakurai will use. Other than relevancy, which shouldn't even be a factor considering that this is a fan ballot, there is literally nothing holding K. Rool back. A Mii costume is not an acceptable substitute, and Sakurai would be extraordinarily out of touch to believe otherwise.

Meanwhile, on NeoGAF:

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Yh and we all know what happened to Ridley...im not fooling for that 1 again.
**** Sakurai i honestly cant believe this happened AGAIN !!
1st Ridley and now K.Rool...
**** Sakurai peice of ****ing dog**** ************.
Deep breaths.
It's just a fictional cartoon crocodile.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So, you're saying YOU lost, because we didn't; You're a Kritter of low faith.
And you know what? Maybe I am. And if that day comes, where King K. is revealed, you can laugh at me as long as you want. I'll post on the K. Rool "I Was Wrong" thread as giddy as ****.

But I'm not going to keep my faith high, just so Sakurai and the dev team can crush it some more.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I doubt they'd make the same mistake twice.
Unless the characters for those two remaining slots were not finished by the time Roy and Ryu were leaked. If they are near finished, they could have a chance to show up in the update's data, unless Nintendo really has learned from their mistakes.

I DONT GIVE A ****ING **** **** SAKURAI ****ING PRICK for **** sake ****ing **** i swear to ****ing god if he adds Rayman/Shantae/Shovel Knight over this?
What a ****ing ****** he should have ****ing died instead of Iwata the ****ing prick.

1st Ridley and now ****ing this i can not tell you how ****ing mad i am for **** sake.
****ing ban me dont give a **** **** him ****ing ****.
Real****ingTalk .
****ing prick.
Woah! Calm down! It's not really the end of the world here.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I DONT GIVE A ****ING **** **** SAKURAI ****ING PRICK for **** sake ****ing **** i swear to ****ing god if he adds Rayman/Shantae/Shovel Knight over this?
What a ****ing ****** he should have ****ing died instead of Iwata the ****ing prick.

1st Ridley and now ****ing this i can not tell you how ****ing mad i am for **** sake.
Real****ingTalk .
****ing prick.
Dude.

Sir.

Please. Seriously. Cartoon crocodile you're mad about here.

Deep breaths.

Let's keep the death threats to oursleves.

Last edited:

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet

Real****ingTalk .
****ing prick.
WHOAH WHOAH. I think the whole Sakurai dying thing is a bit too harsh

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Real****ingTalk .
****ing prick.
Woah woah woah, dude, chill. Nobody deserves to die over a stupid character choice. At worst I want to tell Sakurai he's an idiot, if this is even the end.
Not to mention that you're giving the rest of us a bad wrap.

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Let's look at this from a business standpoint. He certainly has popularity...from older fans (ie: Most people on forums)
But how many younger fans does he have? How many of them will beg their parents to buy him for them? Honestly...not a lot. A character who is popular with kids today, like, I dunno, let's say Elsa to stay neutral. If Elsa were added, kids would cry and scream until their parents got her. Rool? They might ask, be told no, and then drop it.

Of course, this costume could prove that the Rool niche is bigger than they thought....

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH

Real****ingTalk .
****ing prick.
Whoa, dude, tone it back. Thinking he should die because he didn't put a character in a video game is a little excessive.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
W

Real****ingTalk .
****ing prick.
When u take things to far

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

Real****ingTalk .
****ing prick.
Although this Mii is most certainly not what we wanted, This is the best portrayal we have had of the King in a very long time.
Really is awful we can't play miis online... Although we can see the faces of the miis the person makes and they can communicate in rude terms anyway?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Real****ingTalk .
****ing prick.
image.jpg

It's a video game character. And you want to kill a man over a video game character. Rather than just being disappointed or atleast just sort of salty, you rather be angry so much that you want to kill a man.

**** off. Just **** off and get off the computer and reevaluate your damn life.
This is why people look down on us as a fanbase. It ain't that crucial

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

Real****ingTalk .
****ing prick.
whoah dude. breeeathhee.....MAYBE sakurai has another trick up his sleave... also. wishing death on a guy for not including your character in a game is a bit extreme.... CHILL OUT.
mewtwo is probably proof that just because you are a trophy.... or even a costume does not throw out your chances.....

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman

Real****ingTalk .
****ing prick.
Chillax, brah.
Smash is just a game.
No one is hurt.
No one is dead.
And like everyone is saying, he still has a chance.
Just because Nintendo isn't giving you the characters you want, doesn't mean Sakurai is a prick and should die. D:
He didn't even want DLC characters other then Mewtwo to begin with...
>A>()

Last edited:

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
If he's not in the game, it actually shouldn't come as a surprise. You can never take it for granted that a character is going to be included in the game, just because he's really popular amongst the hardcore Smash/Nintendo fans (Ridley) that actively participate in discussions on forums etc. You also need to take into consideration that there's hundreds of thousands of votes sent in by "casuals" that just aren't as interested in Smash/Nintendo as we are. I have 16 friends who voted in the ballot, and none of them even know who K. Rool is. They simply don't have the same relationship towards certain characters that we do, and because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if we get something totally bland, such as Goku, Yasuo, Shy Guy etc. Really sad when you think about it.

However, I don't think this is finished. We'll just have to wait and see, and keep our hopes up :072:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've been hearing King K. Rool is being compared to Ridley & Chrom. I strongly disagree.

The actual Ridley can be seen on his stage, the actual Chrom can be seen with :4robinm:, but a Mii dressed up like King K. Rool is still just a Mii.

A.K.A., No actual King K. Rool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If he's not in the game, it actually shouldn't come as a surprise. You can never take it for granted that a character is going to be included in the game, just because he's really popular amongst the hardcore Smash/Nintendo fans (Ridley) that actively participate in discussions on forums etc. You also need to take into consideration that there's hundreds of thousands of votes sent in by "casuals" that just aren't as interested in Smash/Nintendo as we are. I have 16 friends who voted in the ballot, and none of them even know who K. Rool is. They simply don't have the same relationship towards certain characters that we do, and because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if we get something totally bland, such as Goku, Yasuo, Shy Guy etc. Really sad when you think about it.

However, I don't think this is finished. We'll just have to wait and see, and keep our hopes up :072:
I'd say the odds are that casuals wouldn't actively vote nearly as much, honestly, because they just don't care as much.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I've been hearing King K. Rool is being compared to Ridley & Chrom. I strongly disagree.

The actual Ridley can be seen on his stage, the actual Chrom can be seen with :4robinm:, but a Mii dressed up like King K. Rool is still just a Mii.

Agreed. Also we still have two slots from the previous datamining, which we are unaware of. I don't know whether those two slots will go to pre-ballot characters or post ballot, but it's entirely possible we'll know within the next few days who these two characters are.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

exactly! besides... remember how meta knights costume was revealed before meta knight? we still have a chance.
Nah, K. Rool is more dignified, and mature in general :/
this scene wishes to speak with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoLtscWMnpM

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I'd say the odds are that casuals wouldn't actively vote nearly as much, honestly, because they just don't care as much.
True.

And they'd be much more random instead of unified. We'd get people voting for the first thing to jump into their head, which will likely be a lot of "Daisy, Master Chief, Minecraft Steve, Shy Guy" and a lot of other random characters.
Forum fans, on the other hand, tend to agree on a few and provide a unified front.

Top Bottom