• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

excel_k

Smash Rookie
It's what I put more or less! Just hope Sakurai sees and agrees, otherwise I'll be sad lol. I'm just visualizing how K. Rool could look like and play. And yes mynameisblade, we don't need Roy, but if he gets in I'll just shrug.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
It's what I put more or less! Just hope Sakurai sees and agrees, otherwise I'll be sad lol. I'm just visualizing how K. Rool could look like and play. And yes mynameisblade, we don't need Roy, but if he gets in I'll just shrug.
Ditto..lol It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

@Mikegamer0608 Just thought about that leak not too long ago. Gematsu HAD TO know...lots of stuff to get 9/11 characters right...

This > ( Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn’t like this as he thinks it’s greedy ) leads me to believe that "certain" characters Nintendo knew fans wanted before Smash 4 came out, were already *POSSIBLY* planned out for DLC. They would have to hold off certain characters that would make a big splash even after launch. Like Mewtwo (even though Mewtwo was free for some, they could have just saved him for the sheer HYPE factor). I also believe King K.'s popularity before launch was extremely high. I can see him being someone they would hold back due to him not appealing to "this generation" of players as much as the dedicated fans who always come back for more. I can see that happening to Ridley too. Well the NOT CLONE Ridley, anyway..

Edit : This is truly remarkable.... So they did plan DLC before launch.....-_0 i knew it..

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I have it flying around on FB, Twitter, and Reddit. Lets see how many people realize how good of a fit our KING would be. Great Job again @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia ! People are really liking this on Twitter! Kremling Kampaigner retweeted it as well ! Made sure to tell all to hit you up for the grats! ;)
Thanks a lot for the Konsideration! .. All of you, it's great!.. But not just for me, it's great for K. Rool! More exposure to him! .. I don't have many social media to spread, so it's kool! (I'd post on my DeviantArt, but eh... I just don't want to make it all Smash Related... I already flooded there back in 2013, =P).

We'll reach the best results, Komrades!.. I even believe that someone at Nintendo is trying to convice the return of the Kremlings =P (The Kritters in Smash Run, all the DK games at Wii U and 3DS's VC... I bet we'll get Jungle Climber soon!).

---Changing a bit the subject (but not entirely),.. as I said, I'll fool around with Alt. Colors next... which you guys suggests? I'm sure that the color variation for the Kritters are a common sense, but I'd like to put some references on it... maybe using color schemes from other characters? (Lord Fredrik would be nice to stinging a revenge =P).

PS: It's late in my timezone, .. I was having some technical problems (as I mentioned XD), but now that's solved I'm all sleepy.. =P.. maybe will let to check the suggestions "tomorrow". See ya!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Just wanted to mention that I dropped a vote on the big guy fairly recently. It is definitely a move out of wanting to see you all get yours, though I'm also hoping he gets in with a cool game play concept. :)

May I be added to the supporters list?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I made one more thing, friend Kremlings, and I'd like to share! =)... Revisiting my days of faithful supporter of Pac-Man before his official announcement, I made a simple size comparison using material from other games to try to imagine how he would look in Smash4; .... Then, I couldn't not to do for our King too!.. And here it is!

Hope you guys like. =)
This is really awesome! It goes a long way in helping many of us visualize what a character would look like in gameplay, which is honestly a huge hurdle for a lot of characters. I also like how you added a tail. I really hope K Rool gets a tail in Smash, but even if he doesn't, I'd be alright as long as K Rool's actually in Smash.

I'd be totally fine if that exact model was used, obviously a bit cleaned up to be comparable to the others, however.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... I am unable to believe that a character being ugly is a legitimate argument in the eyes of the haters. Are you implying that Bowser, on the other hand, is the most yiffable creature on the planet?... Don't answer that.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

Steelia

Smash Champion
I found a interesting read on this blog were it showed all the evidence pointing to DLC in smash, but what really caught my eye was the extra all star stages for 7-9 on Wii U, so there's the possibility of a total of 16 DLC characters including Mewtwo & Lucas so there could be 14 slots left. What do you guys think?
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/10/was-dlc-planned-for-smash-4/
I'd be absolutely stoked if they take advantage of that many characters. Even a dozen would be a dream come true; so many veterans and newcomers could be added! My only worry is Sakurai's whole "DLC chars are hard, so there won't be many". If 16~ is his idea of not many, then by all means! That's more than enough for me.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'd be absolutely stoked if they take advantage of that many characters. Even a dozen would be a dream come true; so many veterans and newcomers could be added! My only worry is Sakurai's whole "DLC chars are hard, so there won't be many". If 16~ is his idea of not many, then by all means! That's more than enough for me.
AMEN !!! :colorful::chuckle::estatic: That would be too good to be true. 16 characters...damn. Guess we'll see if the DLC arrows come to fruition first, and if those do, then I'd say many more surprises await us.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So fellow Kutthroats weeks ago I had posted my home made K.Rool figure based on the O.G. version of our King. Finally today my 3-D printed figure came in! I'm so happy! The guy who made the comission used his Brawl trophy for the model which I'm totally fine with now I have classic K.Rool and new Rool in figure form! I hope to have an Amiibo someday if our King gets into Smash!

image.jpg

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So fellow Kutthroats weeks ago I had posted my home made K.Rool figure based on the O.G. version of our King. Finally today my 3-D printed figure came in! I'm so happy! The guy who made the comission used his Brawl trophy for the model which I'm totally fine with now I have classic K.Rool and new Rool in figure form! I hope to have an Amiibo someday if our King gets into Smash!

View attachment 46920
...I want one. Badly. Wish there was some released K. Rool merch. Another reason to hope for his return in DKC.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I found a interesting read on this blog were it showed all the evidence pointing to DLC in smash, but what really caught my eye was the extra all star stages for 7-9 on Wii U, so there's the possibility of a total of 16 DLC characters including Mewtwo & Lucas so there could be 14 slots left. What do you guys think?
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/10/was-dlc-planned-for-smash-4/
Oh god, 16 characters. If they really wanted to use the current Wii U and 3DS games as a platform, instead of going straight into another Smash, I could see it. If we DID get 14 more characters after Mewtwo and Lucas, I think it wouldn't be much of a stretch for K Rool to be among them...hell you could have 4 more Veterans (say...Wolf, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake) and TEN newcomers which could be pulled right from the ballot.

My Smash-induced pessimism tells me that "What a load of malarki! 16 DLC characters are you high, danger?", but god that would be nice.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
16 characters is a hell of alot. I can only see 5 more after lucas at the most though
That would be my prediction. My generous one at that. Originally I didn't see many more beyond Mewtwo and Lucas, maybe Wolf and one Ballot character and that's it. 5 more after Mewtwo and Lucas is definitely generous. 16 characters in total is Cloud 9 levels of happiness, but also lunacy.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Man, the unfettered hype that would be a 16 character add on campaign over the next few years...

Realistically though (mostly because of amount of time before Nintendo would want to move on from Wii U/Smash 4 to whatever comes next and the budget for the characters), I'd say 4-6 beyond Mewtwo & Lucas would be the upper most bound. And by upper bound, I mean straight up "the world is made of candy" levels of optimism.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
It takes 6 months at the least to make a unique character so I doubt we'd ever get 16

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Oh god, 16 characters. If they really wanted to use the current Wii U and 3DS games as a platform, instead of going straight into another Smash, I could see it. If we DID get 14 more characters after Mewtwo and Lucas, I think it wouldn't be much of a stretch for K Rool to be among them...hell you could have 4 more Veterans (say...Wolf, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake) and TEN newcomers which could be pulled right from the ballot.

My Smash-induced pessimism tells me that "What a load of malarki! 16 DLC characters are you high, danger?", but god that would be nice.

Wouldn't it?! I doubt 16 as well...but even if it was 5, ( including Mewtwo and Lucas ) that would be all everyone could ask for. With King K. being one of course...:smirk:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I am also hoping for 5 or 6 characters, Including Mewtwo, Lucas, King K., Wolf, Single Ice Climber and, because he is high in demand too, Isaac.

I believe these Characters will make many people happy :)

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly after K. Rool (and inevitably Wolf) get added I don't care after that. I will be very happy with the roster by that point.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Honestly after K. Rool (and inevitably Wolf) get added I don't care after that. I will be very happy with the roster by that point.
Dixie and Rayman would be icing on the cake, but as long as I get K. Rool, I'll be ecstatic.

StormC

Smash Hero
Dixie and Snake would be the only thing after K. Rool to top it off for me. And, uh... Ridley, maybe.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Off-topic! Over a couple days we have went through 20 pages on this thread. If this keeps up we will be at a thousand before you know it ! I reckon we'll be at 1000 by October, but that may be an over-sight. Here is to hoping! Keep up the good work on all fronts everybody! Gators gonna Gate lol

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It's safe to say that, if Sakurai stated that they were doing DLC characters anywhere near the number 16, everyone would have the expression of your avatar.

Heck I think everyone had that expression when the revealed Lucas as well as Mewtwo, confirming this whole DLC thing.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It's safe to say that, if Sakurai stated that they were doing DLC characters anywhere near the number 16, everyone would have the expression of your avatar.

Heck I think everyone had that expression when the revealed Lucas as well as Mewtwo, confirming this whole DLC thing.
And yet, my avatar remains the same until our king is konfirmed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
After the King, I'd want Isaac, Dixie and Impa. Also hoping for Banjo-Kazooie, but I need to keep reminding myself that they are actually possible now.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I made one more thing, friend Kremlings, and I'd like to share! =)... Revisiting my days of faithful supporter of Pac-Man before his official announcement, I made a simple size comparison using material from other games to try to imagine how he would look in Smash4; .... Then, I couldn't not to do for our King too!.. And here it is!

You may notice his stance based in his appearance in the first DKC (thought that would be the best fight stance for him); I used the Smash4 trophy to make this montage... and the size comparable of his Super Sluggers appearance (... long story... I used a picture of Mario close to a Kritter, then a Kritter close to K. Rool, and then turning everything with screenshots from Smash3DS, and including the Kritters from Smash Run, etc etc =P)..

His size here, actually is slight smaller than his Super Sluggers contra-part, to be honest.. 'cause turned that DK is way bigger in Smash than in Mario SpinOFFs.. and for doing an usually K. Rool bigger than DK, would result as the biggest fighter in Smash. =P... but, I think that close to Bowser's size it's OK for him.. since he's still bigger than his nemesis anyway.

With this little thing I made, I plan to put some effort to explore Alt. Colors (even though I'd prefer myself him having Alt. Costumes in Smash4, but would be asking too much, I guess.=P) and some items that change the look (The Super Leaf, The Metal Box, Bunny Hood,etc XD).

Hope you guys like. =)
Ahhh!! The inspiration got me!! :D

Here's a quick teaser:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 46920

That would look great as an Amiibo!

Get a better picture of him and post it on Reddit :D

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
16 characters?! Don't toy with my emotions...

I wasn't really expecting much, but if they keep adding characters over time, talk about the replay value. Especially considering Smash games come out every 7-8 years, if we just keep getting characters...awesome!

I'm hoping we get our first ballot character announced at E3, and I hope it's K.Rool - he's definitely popular enough (I'm expecting they'll just pull a Lucas and Wolf is being worked on). That just leaves one long shot for me, and I'll be infinitely happy with this game.

And I'm so getting a K.Rool amiibo.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yeahhhhhh, I don't think 16 characters will happen. Truth be told, I don't even think there are 16 characters available to add for this game as DLC. A lot of the good candidates are DLC already.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
We shouldn't run out of All-Stars too quick.
Last thing we want is Pink Gold Pit as the only newcomer in Smash 5
I know; that'd just be a lazy clone of Pink Gold Classic Dark Pit, who will be the first newcomer DLC announced.

(If we got K Rool I wouldn't even care if that character was after)

Top Bottom