• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Character: King K. Rool
Game: Donkey Kong Country 2
Reason: Sm4sh didn’t include very many heavy characters, and a big reason why I want K. Rool. If you base him off of his appearance in DKC2, he could turn invisible and stuff. He has a wide variety of moves available to him, so I think he’s definitely cut out for Smash, Mr. Sakurai!
Eiji is the hero we need.
Remember the whole "Kaptain is K. Rool's brother in Japan!" thing? Eiji definitely doesn't think so.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Favorite K.Rool persona?

My vote goes for Kaptain, with King being a very close second.
Absolutely Kaptain K. Rool. I love the theme, and how well all the Kremlings and certain enemies could rock the pirate getups. But King K. Rool will always be the definitive version; if he appeared as a king in every appearance from now onwards, I'd be totally fine with that.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Rareware should have stuck with the pirate theme for K. Rool. It just worked.

Last edited:

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
*Nintendo Direct Begins*

*Smash Logo Ignites for a Trailer*
Instead of trying to get the Golden Banana, the screen shows Donkey Kong kicking butt in Smash for Wii U, K. Rool (face and name not being revealed at this part) comments that he should join in the fray after noticing a "lack of villainous tyranny" to take care of those pesky Kongs.

*Screen fades out, it fades to Smash for Wii U gameplay*
*Bowser throws Mario to his doom, now running towards Donkey Kong at full force*
*A spike cannonball blasts Bowser off the stage. In relief, but confused, Donkey Kong watches Bowser fly away*
*Donkey Kong turns around, to his shock... there he is*

!King K. Rool - Reigns In!
*Initiate awesome gameplay montage*

Trailer finishes with King K. Rool grabbing a smash ball, using his final smash to end the trailer like the King he is.

*Edit*: "In" on !King K. Rool - Reigns In! should be capitalized like in Little Mac's reveal title (Haha oops).

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Your reaction: King K.Rool gets in, but he's literally the worst character in any fighting game ever. All his moves are awesomely well taken from DKC and DK64, but are all extremely laggy thus hardly useful. He'd have negative match ups all over the roster, his best ones being 6-4's, and having a couple of 9-1's as well.
I used Melee Mewtwo and Brawl Ganon. I could probably handle it.

excel_k

Smash Rookie
What up, peeps! I signed up just to support our favorite reptilian king! And yes, I gave my vote to him.:) Hope our combined efforts work this time!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
What up, peeps! I signed up just to support our favorite reptilian king! And yes, I gave my vote to him.:) Hope our combined efforts work this time!
You joined the Galleon at the right time. Welkome new Kutthroat and enjoy your stay in Smashboards!

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'll be disappointed if K. Rool's splash screen doesn't use kool letters.

K. ROOL
KRUSHES THE KOMPETITION!

Also, I'd like him to be called just K. Rool, to help differentiate him from Dedede as well as not relying on his King persona.

Last edited:

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone! I posted my vote on the Ballot for K.Rool thinking there wouldn't be THAT much people supporting him, but then i see this thread, over 600 pages long, with lots of info and poll results saying that K.Rool is in the top of many! If he doesn't make it in then my mind will explode.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Favorite K.Rool persona?

My vote goes for Kaptain, with King being a very close second.
King will always be my main favorite but I did really dig the pirate gimmick in DKC2, heck it was even referenced in backgrounds of levels in DK64 like in parts of the sunken ship in Gloomy Galleon and the rooms of Creepy Castle. Heck, even Banjo-Kazooie had a little tribute to it in one of the rooms of Mad Monster Mansion.

By the way, I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet but we may finally know just how many characters Nintendo is planning to release for Smash DLC:
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/smash-...will-be-six-dlc-characters-in-to#.VSSlspOuTQI

Now look here:
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mewtwo.html

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
*Went and entered "King K. Rool" on Google images*

>End up seeing LOTS of distrubing fat/inflated/vore drawings.

Welp, that'll take awhile to get out of my head. The king is still my #1 Smash choice though.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'll be disappointed if K. Rool's splash screen doesn't use kool letters.

K. ROOL
KRUSHES THE KOMPETITION!

Also, I'd like him to be called just K. Rool, to help differentiate him from Dedede as well as not relying on his King persona.
go play smash, you will se no KING for dedede in smash 4! :p
king is for KING .K .ROOL

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
King will always be my main favorite but I did really dig the pirate gimmick in DKC2, heck it was even referenced in backgrounds of levels in DK64 like in parts of the sunken ship in Gloomy Galleon and the rooms of Creepy Castle. Heck, even Banjo-Kazooie had a little tribute to it in one of the rooms of Mad Monster Mansion.

By the way, I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet but we may finally know just how many characters Nintendo is planning to release for Smash DLC:
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/smash-...will-be-six-dlc-characters-in-to#.VSSlspOuTQI

Now look here:
Well, unfortunately that's purely speculation at this point; it'd be great, cuz then the King wouldn't have as much kompetition, and I could rest easier. But yeah.

I'd totally support 3 poll characters (Since one of those boxes is probably Wolf)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So K. Rool is clearly big so how big do you think he should be in Smash?

I say about Bowsers hight and DDDs width
Obviously a bit higher than DK at least. And I dont think there should be anyone bigger than Bowser. Or the Ridley fans would be angry.
At least K. Rool must be big enough to chew Diddy's head.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Obviously a bit higher than DK at least. And I dont think there should be anyone bigger than Bowser. Or the Ridley fans would be angry.
At least K. Rool must be big enough to chew Diddy's head.
I'd like to see K. Rool's crown rise above Bowser's max height at least. Just would look right.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
K. Rool was taller than Bowser in Mario Super Sluggers, might as well do the same for him in SSB4

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

Now look here:
Hm... I think this has nothing to say, because it would only make sense to place Mewtwo right after the unlockables.
And it could go into another row or even this row could stay uncompleted.
I really wouldn't bet on it.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
What I liked about the front page is that unlike other fighter pages that are recently up for votes, this one encompasses various elements that allow a full range of possibilities rather than a user-based list of template-based move-set lists with one or two sentences with a picture. I wished other character pages would do the same to allow greater potential for unique gameplay.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
King I will always see as his most iconic look. That said i like both king and kaptain equally.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Hey Kremlings, what's up?
So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
would be a 10/10 if not for krystal =p also needs moar ivy and snake. Wolf i would've voted for if not for k.rool, definitely think he should come back.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!
You have K. Rool and Krystal. I am pleased. Isaac is cool too and I can sacrifice my other wanted newcomers for him.
So, assuming no 3rd parties will be brought, this looks solid. Though Inkling might be squeezed in to please the "new game" voters (I love him/her too so no problems here).
Also, everyone who doesn't see his newcomer of choice will dislike it.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Ugh, I just had to explain to a guy on Youtube, why MY BOI K. ROOL is way better than Dixie and I made a moveset and everything with his Final Smash and his entrance lol. I really want MY BOI K. ROOL in. Can someone help me think of his taunts.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What I liked about the front page is that unlike other fighter pages that are recently up for votes, this one encompasses various elements that allow a full range of possibilities rather than a user-based list of template-based move-set lists with one or two sentences with a picture. I wished other character pages would do the same to allow greater potential for unique gameplay.
I wrote it so it would be a bit more difficult to casually read, but better in terms of providing an overall picture of the character's potential. Glad you enjoyed!

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
large image
Wasn't Mother (89) released before Fire Emblem (90)? If so Ness and Lucas would go before the FE characters. And Isaac should be between Villager and Olimar. Not that that really matters.
On the more important part of the image, I'd prefer Dixie to Krystal, but since I would already have my 4 most wanted DLCs (Mewtwo, Isaac, K. Rool, Wolf) I would be way more hyped than bothered. Would buy all of them day 1.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I love how it fits perfectly. I sure hope the 6 DLC character rumor turns out right!!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Let me spell it out for you Nintendo!!!

You give us > ___ KroolCountry.png ___<

And we give you > __ money_PNG3537.png __<

Last edited:
Top Bottom