• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey Kutthroats, I just had this thought... What if K. Rools recovery... Was to fake death, turn invisible, use his kopter and stay invisible until he gets hit, attacks, or dies?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey Kutthroats, I just had this thought... What if K. Rools recovery... Was to fake death, turn invisible, use his kopter and stay invisible until he gets hit, attacks, or dies?
That sounds like too much of a long recovery, it would be extremely punishable.

Why not just make it simple and give him the Kopter as a method of recovering?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
That sounds like too much of a long recovery, it would be extremely punishable.

Why not just make it simple and give him the Kopter as a method of recovering?
I guess, but god does the Kopter just feel too plane... I mean, all of the other specials are so easy to make unique ideas for, but then the recovery... K. Rool really has never been much of an air guy, has he?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I guess, but god does the Kopter just feel too plane... I mean, all of the other specials are so easy to make unique ideas for, but then the recovery... K. Rool really has never been much of an air guy, has he?
It gives him a good way to recover even though it may feel plane. His recovery does not have to winded out and run for too long, as you had suggested.

He could just use the blunderbust (DKC 2) and shoot the gun towards the ground to propel himself upward.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
I say his jump is sort of like dedede he shoots up really fast but fairly high but can't really move side to side just like in DKC games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How many characters have moves that screw with your opponents controls? I don't remember if anyone did that yet. Because he could use the purple(or was it red)gas cannon from DKC2. Though maybe that's something a playable should have.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I guess, but god does the Kopter just feel too plane...
Too plane? I'd say it feels too kopter :troll:

It could work similarly to R.O.B.'s recovery. You can use aerial attacks while flying, but can only use it for so long before it starts petering out. And where R.O.B.'s is good vertically, the Kopter could be better horizontally, slowly rising upward but making good ground sideways. Might also be a way to help K. Rool string combos while airborne.

StormC

Smash Hero
I always kind of imagined K. Rool held onto the Kopter like Snake's cypher, except the propellers do damage.

My biggest concern with K. Rool's inclusion is that Sakurai might not use all the great tools he had and just put him in the King outfit with a generic heavyweight moveset (see: Wario). Of course, it would still be great to have him, but it's frustrating that a character with a huge potential for creative moves (and a unique niche as a projectile-using heavyweight only really occupied otherwise by Snake) has been neglected this long by Smash, not to mention Bowser Jr. aping the cannonball standard special.

I also second the idea of him just being called K. Rool by the game instead of King K. Rool.

Too plane? I'd say it feels too kopter :troll:

It could work similarly to R.O.B.'s recovery. You can use aerial attacks while flying, but can only use it for so long before it starts petering out. And where R.O.B.'s is good vertically, the Kopter could be better horizontally, slowly rising upward but making good ground sideways. Might also be a way to help K. Rool string combos while airborne.
hmmm your onto something,quick someone put k rools model over snakes moveset and see what we get!! :troll:

change snakes missle into a controllable boxing glove
change his up special to a kopter.
change his grenade to a krown?
change his down special to burying a klaptrap that bites anybody that goes over it.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 You'll probably enjoy this...

In the K. Rool Support thread in the Alliance group, I'd posted Nintendo's reply in regards to the letter I sent them. At the same time, I'd also mailed out a letter to Namco Bandai (the address supplied on the Kremling Kampaign advocate page). Here's what they sent:

HNI_0030.JPG

Pardon the blurry image, but to list:
  • response letter
  • Soul Calibur IV poster (double-sided)
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 fan
  • Super Saiyan Goku hair headband
  • Tales of Xillia 2 watch
  • Tales of Xillia 2 Rollo plush
  • Tales of Xillia 2 77-page artbook
More stuff than I can shake a friikin stick at :eek:

Finally, here's their reply:

Dear [me],

Thank you for contacting Bandai Namco's Customer Support Department.

Thank you for your interest in our titles! We welcome the comments from our fans and they are always appreciated. Unfortunately, as the development for this title took place in Japan and as Nintendo published this title in the North American region, we don't have any information regarding the Super Smash Bros. title here at the North American branch. We would recommend that you either reach out to Nintendo or contact the Bandai Namco Team in Japan through their official website for more information regarding this.

Sincere apologies,

Bandai Namco Customer Support Department
Phone Number 408-235-2222
Bandai Namco Games America Inc.
1740 Technology Drive, Suite 600
San Jose, CA 95110

In other words, they weren't the ones I needed to contact, but they still mailed all these crazy goodies for free! How cool~ :love: Still, you may want to remove the address on the Kampaign site @ BKupa666 BKupa666 since it's apparently not the one we have to contact. No idea what Namco Bandai Japan's might be.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 You'll probably enjoy this...

In the K. Rool Support thread in the Alliance group, I'd posted Nintendo's reply in regards to the letter I sent them. At the same time, I'd also mailed out a letter to Namco Bandai (the address supplied on the Kremling Kampaign advocate page). Here's what they sent:

View attachment 28559

Pardon the blurry image, but to list:
  • response letter
  • Soul Calibur IV poster (double-sided)
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 fan
  • Super Saiyan Goku hair headband
  • Tales of Xillia 2 watch
  • Tales of Xillia 2 Rollo plush
  • Tales of Xillia 2 77-page artbook
More stuff than I can shake a friikin stick at :eek:

Finally, here's their reply:

Dear [me],

Thank you for contacting Bandai Namco's Customer Support Department.

Thank you for your interest in our titles! We welcome the comments from our fans and they are always appreciated. Unfortunately, as the development for this title took place in Japan and as Nintendo published this title in the North American region, we don't have any information regarding the Super Smash Bros. title here at the North American branch. We would recommend that you either reach out to Nintendo or contact the Bandai Namco Team in Japan through their official website for more information regarding this.

Sincere apologies,

Bandai Namco Customer Support Department
Phone Number 408-235-2222
Bandai Namco Games American Inc.
1740 Technology Drive, Suite 600
San Jose, CA 95110

In other words, they weren't the one I needed to contact, but they still mailed all these crazy goodies for free! How cool~ :love: Still, you may want to remove the address on the Kampaign site @ BKupa666 BKupa666 since it's apparently not the one we have to contact. No idea what Namco Bandai Japan's might be.
N-Namco-senpai!

Guys... The KremlingKampaign site got linked by cjs001 in his 50 fact discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqy6EjiV6-w

I still want him in. After all who wouldn't want a Boxing, Pirate, Scientist, Dancing, Singing, Obese, Krokodile King as a playable character?
speaking of youtube videos,is this guy supporting us yet,or is he a lurker ,at 2:05 in the video is my reaction when we didnt get k rool in the default roster.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@ Steelia Steelia I wasn't sure whether it was the right address when I added it onto the website at first. Glad we know now that it isn't, although that's a pretty great haul they sent back for your troubles. Namco worked wonders on Smash's development, and it seems their wonderful nature extends outside of the game as well.

cjs001, if you're lurking, thanks a ton for the shout-out! I tried reaching out to you way back in July, but through YouTube's glitchy message system, I never knew if my message sent or if you saw it. Glad you're onboard with us in this critical era.

I'll try reaching out to Mike Vs. next. As usual, if anyone knows any other YouTube personalities we can get on our side, don't feel shy about reaching out to them yourselves.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I would like to inform you Kutthroats that I am doing my K. Rool Pic of the Dayy again on miiverse, this time I feel my support really having an effect! More people on miiverse are talking about K. Rool as DLC! It's exciting!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Aaah, it's good to be back. I love the smell of stolen bananas in the morning.

Has anyone here listened to the Harmony of Heroes fan-remix album that recently got released? Its rendition of K. Rool's Gangplank Galleon theme is absolutely phenomenal. Every track on the album is pretty exceptional, on that note. I, of course, adore all of the DK-related music.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would like to inform you Kutthroats that I am doing my K. Rool Pic of the Dayy again on miiverse, this time I feel my support really having an effect! More people on miiverse are talking about K. Rool as DLC! It's exciting!
That's awesome! :D

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH

Has anyone here listened to the Harmony of Heroes fan-remix album that recently got released? Its rendition of K. Rool's Gangplank Galleon theme is absolutely phenomenal. Every track on the album is pretty exceptional, on that note. I, of course, adore all of the DK-related music.

My word, that really IS something! Really gives off a feel of family and unity...though, that might just be me, coming from a family of musicians and specifically guitar players. :p
But for me, I'm gonna think of that every time I think of the fanbase of our great King.

If and when the Kaptain makes his return, I'm gonna be playing this at max volume all day, every day.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice

This is what I'd imagine the K. Rool fanbase would be like if we actually got together physically. I love it :D

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
May you Kremlings invite me upon your Galleon as well? Admittedly, the only DK game I have played is DKC Returns, but that was great fun, and having decent knowledge of the original DKC games thanks to my former involvement in SSB4 speculation, K. Rool is an exciting potential character addition for me. Lot of awesome moveset potential. He looks like he'd be great fun.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
May you Kremlings invite me upon your Galleon as well? Admittedly, the only DK game I have played is DKC Returns, but that was great fun, and having decent knowledge of the original DKC games thanks to my former involvement in SSB4 speculation, K. Rool is an exciting potential character addition for me. Lot of awesome moveset potential. He looks like he'd be great fun.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey Kutthroats, today's K. Rool Pic of the Day is here!

Enjoy it! Sorry that my handwriting sucks.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Can I just say how happy I am to be part of this group? I never thought I'd see the day where a support group stays as strong as ours has after the game's release, and look where we are now.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
dont worry about your handwriting,mine is very bad aswell.

man that is nice,puts my drawings to shame. im very bad at drawing 3d/facing torwards us type of drawing. i can only draw sideways facing stuff
I was the same too, don't worry, just look at a lot of references, and practice hella lot.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Can I just say how happy I am to be part of this group? I never thought I'd see the day where a support group stays as strong as ours has after the game's release, and look where we are now.
It brings a non salty tear to my eye... I never thought there would be so many who share my love for king k rool!

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
This guy gets it. I've only been around for about a month and it's, just, so great. The Kutthroats have constructed a community of devoted fans of the Donkey Kong series as well as Smash Bros, all working towards a common goal. It's really quite heartwarming, people rallying around something as trivial as a video game character, and becoming great friends because of it.

StormC

Smash Hero
Having spent much time on the internet during the 00s, where Donkey Kong Country was the punching bag of many anti-Rare Generation X video game aficionados and journalists, seeing K. Rool standing as the most popular newcomer left blows my mind, especially considering he hasn't been in a game in over six years, and most of the world hasn't seen him in fifteen. For a while I wrote off K. Rool as a pipe dream, but I had also long written Mewtwo off.

If K. Rool is announced as DLC, I feel like I could run down the streets screaming about it.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I have never really used reddit before, so this may sound dumb but I'm confused: I made a comment on my link explaining the Kampaign and linking to all our various websites...but I can only see it when I'm logged in. When I'm logged out, zip. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is everything actually showing up correctly?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
On a side note...
Am I the only one who thinks that Baron K. Roolenstein's theme is underrated? Sure, it's not as memorable as the other two, and it is a bit repetitive, but I think that it is still a pretty solid theme, and I think it is the darkest of them all.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think all of the SNES theme songs for K. Rool are killer.

A medley of them would be pretty sweet as a DLC song to accompany K. Rool (or at least the first two since Wise did those).

I have never really used reddit before, so this may sound dumb but I'm confused: I made a comment on my link explaining the Kampaign and linking to all our various websites...but I can only see it when I'm logged in. When I'm logged out, zip. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is everything actually showing up correctly?
hmm im not sure,maybe the mods of the subreddit had something to do with it? it says that there is 2 comments,but i only see mine. i cant find it in /new either,i think the mods hid the thread.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
On a side note...
Am I the only one who thinks that Baron K. Roolenstein's theme is underrated? Sure, it's not as memorable as the other two, and it is a bit repetitive, but I think that it is still a pretty solid theme, and I think it is the darkest of them all.
You're aren't the only one. This may not be my favorite of the K. Rool themes, but it sure is awesome and rockin' even if David Wise didn't compose that track. All of the themes for K. Rool are pure win.

Last edited:
Top Bottom