• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Considering the lack of any real subtitle for this game, I propose that the game be "Super Smash Bros advertisements" based off the direction of character selection.

You want K. Rool and Mewtwo? Too bad, they're old news and we aren't marketing them right now. Buy Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus Uprising, Pokemon X, and Wii Fit. They are relevant to our current business plan.
Mewtwo got renewed spotlight in X&Y actually.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Considering the lack of any real subtitle for this game, I propose that the game be "Super Smash Bros advertisements" based off the direction of character selection.

You want K. Rool and Mewtwo? Too bad, they're old news and we aren't marketing them right now. Buy Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus Uprising, Pokemon X, and Wii Fit. They are relevant to our current business plan.
Well, yes. Instead of worrying over whether King K. Rool will be in Smash, how about worrying over whether he's in Donkey Kong games first?

Little Mac wouldn't have gotten in if he didn't get a new game unless he gets in as a retro (assuming Sakurai was interested in Little Mac without a new game before SSB4). Palutena and Dark Pit wouldn't get in if Sakurai didn't revive Kid Icarus. Rosalina and Bowser Jr. (mostly the Koopalings) wouldn't get in if Nintendo weren't pushing Rosalina and the Koopalings in recent Mario titles. Robin and Lucina wouldn't get in if Awakening didn't save the Fire Emblem series. Mewtwo probably would have gotten in over Greninja if Pokemon X & Y came out too late (Mewtwo still has a chance since it was heavily advertised). Shulk wouldn't get in if Operation Rainfall didn't happen or was a failure. Villager wouldn't get in if Sakurai didn't change his mind... and if Animal Crossing games weren't popular, Sakurai wouldn't consider Villager in the first place.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, yes. Instead of worrying over whether King K. Rool will be in Smash, how about worrying over whether he's in Donkey Kong games first?

Little Mac wouldn't have gotten in if he didn't get a new game unless he gets in as a retro (assuming Sakurai was interested in Little Mac without a new game before SSB4). Palutena and Dark Pit wouldn't get in if Sakurai didn't revive Kid Icarus. Rosalina and Bowser Jr. (mostly the Koopalings) wouldn't get in if Nintendo weren't pushing Rosalina and the Koopalings in recent Mario titles. Robin and Lucina wouldn't get in if Awakening didn't save the Fire Emblem series. Mewtwo probably would have gotten in over Greninja if Pokemon X & Y came out too late. Shulk wouldn't get in if Operation Rainfall didn't happen or was a failure. Villager wouldn't get in if Sakurai didn't change his mind... and if Animal Crossing games weren't popular, Sakurai wouldn't consider Villager in the first place.
I'm sorry, but I have to say something here. Sakurai puts whoever the **** he wants! Ice Climbers! The retro newcomer thing didn't happen enough times to be a trend and was from what I heard, a bad game. Shulk was one of Japan's most wanted, Operation Rainfall didn't do anything at all for Shulk. It doesn't matter what game you are from, Sakurai chooses if you are in or not

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm sorry, but I have to say something here. Sakurai puts whoever the **** he wants! Ice Climbers! The retro newcomer thing didn't happen enough times to be a trend and was from what I heard, a bad game. Shulk was one of Japan's most wanted, Operation Rainfall didn't do anything at all for Shulk. It doesn't matter what game you are from, Sakurai chooses if you are in or not
If Sakurai does whatever he wants, he would haphazardly add a bunch of characters with no reason or rhyme. Really? There's a reason he makes roster choices very carefully with much thought... it's stressful that he was driven to the brink of death.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If Sakurai does whatever he wants, he would haphazardly add a bunch of characters with no reason or rhyme. Really? There's a reason he makes roster choices very carefully with much thought... it's stressful that he was driven to the brink of death.
If you're talking about that p4rgaming article, that is a troll site!
And anyway, what I think he does is think: Who would the fans want, who could be used as a laugh, do I have extra time, etc.
Not in that order though, if Sakurai wanted to, he would have made a Goomba the new Top Tier character!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Little Mac wouldn't have gotten in if he didn't get a new game unless he gets in as a retro (assuming Sakurai was interested in Little Mac without a new game before SSB4). Palutena and Dark Pit wouldn't get in if Sakurai didn't revive Kid Icarus. Rosalina and Bowser Jr. (mostly the Koopalings) wouldn't get in if Nintendo weren't pushing Rosalina and the Koopalings in recent Mario titles. Robin and Lucina wouldn't get in if Awakening didn't save the Fire Emblem series. Mewtwo probably would have gotten in over Greninja if Pokemon X & Y came out too late (Mewtwo still has a chance since it was heavily advertised). Shulk wouldn't get in if Operation Rainfall didn't happen or was a failure. Villager wouldn't get in if Sakurai didn't change his mind... and if Animal Crossing games weren't popular, Sakurai wouldn't consider Villager in the first place.
[citation needed]

Explain the following then:

Duck Hunt Dog: No new games since the NES.
Little Mac: Last game came out 2009.
Mr. Game and Watch : Should be cut right? I mean, he's not had a game in over 30 years!
Mega Man: Not a Nintendo character.
Pac-Man: Not a Nintendo character.
Dr Mario: Has not had a new game since the 90s.
Shiek: Has not appeared in a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time (1998)
Link, Zelda and Ganondorf using their Twilight Princess looks.
Olimar: He wasn't the main character for Pikmin 3....so now he's old news right?
Kremlings in Smash Run.

Relevance is not an issue my friend, there's also nothing wrong with showing some new games some love too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Because Smash is coming first. We'll worry about K. Rool getting into the main DK games again after Smash Bros. Hell, just the fact that Sakurai brought the Kremlings back is enough to show that Sakurai still believes the Kremlings are the main antagonists of the DK franchise and will come back anyway. We want to play as K. Rool in Smash Bros. What's wrong with that?

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Because Smash is coming first. We'll worry about K. Rool getting into the main DK games again after Smash Bros. Hell, just the fact that Sakurai brought the Kremlings back is enough to show that Sakurai still believes the Kremlings are the main antagonists of the DK franchise and will come back anyway. We want to play as K. Rool in Smash Bros. What's wrong with that?
Absolutely nothing is wrong, but he already got his dog and he's already happy so he's messing with our heads for fun I guess.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I still don't see why you consider the Kremlings a nod towards K. Rool being playable when Tikis are also in the game. Every franchise is getting enemy rep in Smash Run, and at the time there was literally nothing else to chose from apart from Kremlings and Tikis (TF would've been too late). I guess Jungle Beat had enemies too but it'd be silly to use enemies from that game.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I hope K. Rool IS in now so I can make Croc chow out of that dog.
I'm personally happy about DHD inclussion, but that doesn't justify DHD's fans to come to "yet to be confirmed great characters" threads and mock us with relevancy shenannigans.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I still don't see why you consider the Kremlings a nod towards K. Rool being playable when Tikis are also in the game. Every franchise is getting enemy rep in Smash Run, and at the time there was literally nothing else to chose from apart from Kremlings and Tikis (TF would've been too late). I guess Jungle Beat had enemies too but it'd be silly to use enemies from that game.

Why not? the Tiki's were already silly enough. Also, they could've just used Gnawtys and Zingers instead if they wanted to.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Multiple people have explained this to you time and time again, but instead of repeating myself, I'll throw out a new idea: Kritters clearly aren't there because of some desire to "rep DK," what with Kritters, Tikis, and the Rocket Barrel Theme being the only new DK content currently in the game, period.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Explain the following then:

Duck Hunt Dog: No new games since the NES.
Little Mac: Last game came out 2009.
Mr. Game and Watch : Should be cut right? I mean, he's not had a game in over 30 years!
Mega Man: Not a Nintendo character.
Pac-Man: Not a Nintendo character.
Dr Mario: Has not had a new game since the 90s.
Shiek: Has not appeared in a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time (1998)
Link, Zelda and Ganondorf using their Twilight Princess looks.
Olimar: He wasn't the main character for Pikmin 3....so now he's old news right?
Kremlings in Smash Run.

Relevance is not an issue my friend, there's also nothing wrong with showing some new games some love too.
I see you're using shotgun argumentation.

Duck Hunt Dog... he is the NES-era character of SSB4... just like how Ice Climbers were for Melee and R.O.B. was for Brawl... no relevancy/recency needed, just needs to be unique

Little Mac... yeah, he had a new game in 2009... which was in the middle of the Wii era (the previous generation)

Mr. Game & Watch... when he was added in Melee, he had recent games for the Game Boy... Game & Watch Gallery 1-3... and he's a veteran now (he didn't get cut because he had no issues like the Ice Climbers do)

Mega Man and Pac-Man... they still had history with Nintendo regardless

Dr. Mario... no new games since the 90s? You're really ignorant of Dr. Mario 64 (2001), Dr. Mario Online Rx (2008), and Dr. Luigi (2013)... they are still part of the Dr. Mario series.

Sheik... she's a veteran... and she was in Ocarina of Time 3D (2011) unless you are one of those people who say remakes don't count... oh, and she's also in Hyrule Warriors (2014) which Nintendo is heavily promoting

Olimar... he was in Pikmin 3... he's a playable character via DLC... and he's a veteran with no issues like the Ice Climbers.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I never really saw the Kritters as a hint at K. Rool, but what they do show is that there's not some anti-Kremling conspiracy, like some have said. At the very least, it shows they're on Sakurai's mind.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Multiple people have explained this to you time and time again, but instead of repeating myself, I'll throw out a new idea: Kritters clearly aren't there because of some desire to "rep DK," what with Kritters, Tikis, and the Rocket Barrel Theme being the only new DK content currently in the game, period.
Firstly we don't know if that's the extent of DK content. I for one think we're definitely getting at least one new stage. Secondly, if it is all the content we're getting then the Kritters make even more sense to give some semblance of representation.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
"But Kritters haven't been DK's main enemies since 2008, they're not relevant, they won't be in the game."

"But K. Rool hasn't been DK's main antagonist since 2008, he's not relevant, he won't be playable in the game."

Its literally the exact same argument.

I never really saw the Kritters as a hint at K. Rool, but what they do show is that there's not some anti-Kremling conspiracy, like some have said. At the very least, it shows they're on Sakurai's mind.
Its not necessarily a K. Rool hint, but it destroys the notion that K. Rool can't be playable because he's "not relevant."

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Also as of yet we don't have a SNES rep, K.Rool is the main newcomer other than Dixie that fills that void(Ridley is a NES rep, despite his 'modern' appearance stemming from super Metroid

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
When was the last time we had a detractor on board?
I am beginning to see why we don't remember when was the last time this thread had a detractor. It's like fighting Hydra...I present an opinion that is not favorable to K. Rool and three more posters quote me with counter arguments.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Exactly.

I am beginning to see why we don't remember when was the last time this thread had a detractor. It's like fighting Hydra...I present an opinion that is not favorable to K. Rool and three more posters quote me with counter arguments.
Yeah, we'll just let detractors come to K.Rool support thread and be like: Yeah, you're right, K.Rool sucks and is irrelevant, I don't even know what am I doing here. Somebody delete me from the support list pls, this guy is right, we're done. K.Rool disconfirmed.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What did you expect in a SUPPORT thread?

I mean, seriously.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It's a K. Rool thread what do you expect? you and many others would do the same thing if we were detracting the Duck Hunt Dog Thread.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
I see you're using shotgun argumentation.

Duck Hunt Dog... he is the NES-era character of SSB4... just like how Ice Climbers were for Melee and R.O.B. was for Brawl... no relevancy/recency needed, just needs to be unique

Little Mac... yeah, he had a new game in 2009... which was in the middle of the Wii era (the previous generation)

Mr. Game & Watch... when he was added in Melee, he had recent games for the Game Boy... Game & Watch Gallery 1-3... and he's a veteran now (he didn't get cut because he had no issues like the Ice Climbers do)

Dr. Mario... no new games since the 90s? You're really ignorant of Dr. Mario 64 (2001), Dr. Mario Online Rx (2008), and Dr. Luigi (2013)... they are still part of the Dr. Mario series.

Sheik... she's a veteran... and she was in Ocarina of Time 3D (2011) unless you are one of those people who say remakes don't count... oh, and she's also in Hyrule Warriors (2014) which Nintendo is heavily promoting

Olimar... he was in Pikmin 3... he's a playable character via DLC... and he's a veteran with no issues like the Ice Climbers.
... if the game still have the stage builder feature I'm going to make a closed stage where no one can be launched and I will beat the crap out of your precious dog

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
As said in every other major character support thread:

You're coming into a place where every regular poster is in agreement about the character they're discussing, and you blatantly go out of your way to poke the bear.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN?!

Top Bottom