• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
"Blocks Required: 2096"
Smash 3DS doesn't even HAVE the Youtube Uploader
Something is definitely up.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm downloading the update now... Man I shouldn't get so nervous about this ****. All I want is this dumb stupid fat cartoon crocodile to be playable in this fighting game.

He's literally the only character left I care about in terms of Smash. Once he's in, I don't need anyone else. Just give me the stupid crocodile so I can rest.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Apparently the last two Mii costumes are Samus and Black Knight from Fire Emblem, which mean K. Rool is the only major ballot contender to be turned into a costume... so far. This either means that they hate him so much they singled him out intentionally to sway the results of the ballot, or he's going to be a playable character. Let's collectively pray for the latter outcome.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Would they really release a character without even making a reveal for said character? That doesn't sound like something that would happen in this game.

What i'm thinking is that the update will have data of a new character which will either a) be secretly labelled as something different to hide the identity of the character to prevent another Royu leak from happening or b) Nintendo doesn't care about the character getting leaked and just names the file with the character that gets released and dataminers subsequently pick up on this and reveals the info to us.

Regardless of either scenario happening, my gut feeling is that theirs going to be a direct this Wednesday (or another day close to that date) that will reveal the new character as well as the Dr. Mario stage. Maybe Nintendo releasing all this new content today is to focus on those 2 big things happening soon.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
The entire set on Wii U is now 640 KB... it was just 16 MB...
This includes:
- Stages: Peach's Castle (64), Hyrule Castle (64)
- New Stage Music
- Bear Hat, Bear suit (Gunner)
- King K. Rool Hat, King K, Rool Suit (Brawler)
- Flying Man Hat, Flying Man Outfit (Brawler)
- Chrom Wig, Chrom Outfit (Swordfighter)
- Black Knight Helm, Black Knight Armor (Swordfighter)
- Lloyd Wig, Lloyd Outfit (Swordfighter)
- Samus Helm, Samus Armor (Gunner)
- Hoodie (All)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'll hop onto the eShop to buy that costume shortly. I don't find the Miis fun, but anyone who knows how businesses work knows that there's only one message that it will send.

Before I do so, though, has anyone else been wondering if "King K. Ostume" is intended as a promotional thing for another game, like the Inkling costumes are? I mean, there is that whole thing about the as-yet unseen project of Retro's, and the subsequent bananas tease during E3 that amounted to nothing at the time... :laugh:

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Apparently the last two Mii costumes are Samus and Black Knight from Fire Emblem, which mean K. Rool is the only major ballot contender to be turned into a costume... so far. This either means that they hate him so much they singled him out intentionally to sway the results of the ballot, or he's going to be a playable character. Let's collectively pray for the latter outcome.
Wellp, Samus being a costume definitely doesn't hurt K.Rool's chances.
Isn't there already a Samus helmet in the game?

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
This includes:
- New Stage Music
- Hoodie (All)
There must be a lot of balance changes or maybe WE CAN'T BUY THE DLC CHARACTER YET, QUICK DATAMINE THE GAME!

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
This includes:
- New Stage Music
- Hoodie (All)
Also, this was just uploaded on the Smash site:
We also get the K.K. Slider outfit for Free.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Been looking around the internet. While some people have definitely had their faith in K. Rool shaken, there is a suprising amount of pushback to the idea that a costume of a character means they are down and out. Good!

Inklings, too.
Alternatively, the Mii costumes have nothing much to do with the ballot in the first place.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Been looking around the internet. While some people have definitely had their faith in K. Rool shaken, there is a suprising amount of pushback to the idea that a costume of a character means they are down and out. Good!

Inklings, too.
Alternatively, the Mii costumes have nothing much to do with the ballot in the first place.
Just wondering, what exactly do you mean by pushback?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If anything, I wanna say that a Shantae outfit for the Mii Brawler would be a giant kick to the face
Not to the fans, but to Wayforward
They've been giving the same effort we Kutthroats have, but with only one man behind the wheel compared to an entire Kremling Krew.
It'd be pretty harsh to see their efforts suffer the same fate as what we've been trying to accomplish
Can't help but feel bad for 'em :4darkpit:

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
We must also consider the possibility that RandomTalkingBush is lying or mistaken.

This is a possibility which I don't feel keen to entertain, considering RandomTalkingBush has hitherto been nothing but reliable.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Sooo how soon will the patch be datamined? I'm not expecting them to find anything, but you never know.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Also, this was just uploaded on the Smash site:
We also get the K.K. Slider outfit for Free.
K Rool at the front of the line and at the very centre of the splash at the end...

...the salt is back.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
We must also consider the possibility that RandomTalkingBush is lying or mistaken.

This is a possibility which I don't feel keen to entertain, considering RandomTalkingBush has hitherto been nothing but reliable.
I feel like I've missed something, here. :confused:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Sooo how soon will the patch be datamined? I'm not expecting them to find anything, but you never know.
Not anytime soon, it seems.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Seeing K.Rool's face in Super Smash Bros. makes me sad because it isn't really him. :^(
Man, it'd be so heartbreaking if this is all we got of him.

But we gotta stay positive.

Last edited:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
From the official site:

"Has your Mii Fighter always dreamed of being king of the Kremlings? Now your Mii Fighters can realize their true destiny with this King K. Rool costume!"

That's not exactly what I dreamed of when it came to K. Rool's destiny.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'll buy the K. Rool costume but only so I can post a picture of it on miiverse and say, we appreciate the costume (even though most of us really don't) but it would be waaay better if you could add K. Rool himself. Or something like, I bought this costume to support the real King for DLC!

Top Bottom