• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The series couldn't be more loveable now. I can now confirm my childhood was amazing as ****.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Remember at E3 when they were talking about Tropical Freeze and they said that there was gonna be another character but they weren't gonna reveal it? What if that extra character was K.Rool? It'd be like Bowser in Mario RPG, with K. Rool wanting to be rid of the arctic baddies so that he's the sole threat to the Kongs. Or did they already say who the extra person was? Or am I imagining that they even said there was another person?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There will be another helper. But to assume it's K.Rool...? Am not sure. Would rather think it's Kiddy, or Lanky. Or even Retro's own creation. But if it ended up being K.Rool, that'd be awespme. But very... Unlikely to happen.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It'd be amazing to have a playable K. Rool. Would pave the way perfectly for Smash 4.
I would like him to be the Viking leader too though.
Funky Kong is most likely IMO. I'm okay with that too.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I know K. Rool being the playable secret guy is very unlikely, but the only other decent option is Funky. If Funky is playable, then who will rent the planes?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Alright, just updated the OP for the first time in over a month. Louie G., you (and your moveset) are on the list of Kutthroats at last, as are a few others who expressed their support over that stretch. We're currently closing in on 150, a rather impressive feat if I do say so myself. We've been going strong for a little over a year, and probably have a little over a year to go until the game releases at long last, so let's keep it up!

Also, a few of the K. Rool buttons from DKVine I missed while the site was down. Yeah, Diddy, I lurk there, in both the Smash thread and the main DK subforum. It's a chill place with great humor, and is the largest, most active DK fansite to boot. I'm looking forward to seeing it grow in the wake of Tropical Freeze.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice

It's cool to see that Rare was tweeting about K. Rool just a couple days ago. Also more proof that K. Rool is one person... and DK's uncle.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I didn't really think the whole playable K. Rool through. I'm not sure DK can lug him around on his back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm still thinking it's probably Retro's own creation, or possibly their own Kong. Whatever it is, focus has been on Dixie mostly, so it'll likely not be that much of an important character anyway. K.Rool... I never seriously considered that, and never will. But it sure would be funny.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Clearly his full name is Kong Rool, thus allowing him to be the fourth Kong.

edit: Wait a minute, King Kong? ._. IT'S A SIGN

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I'm still thinking it's probably Retro's own creation, or possibly their own Kong. Whatever it is, focus has been on Dixie mostly, so it'll likely not be that much of an important character anyway. K.Rool... I never seriously considered that, and never will. But it sure would be funny.
My money's on Funky.

It seems strange that the one thing everyone seemed to miss in Returns was K. Rool and the Kremlins, yet Retro apparently have decided to ignore that. Maybe they want to move as far away from the SNES games as possible, to try and make the DKC series their own? Meh, I still have the slight hope that K. Rool will be the surprise villain behind it all in Tropical Freeze.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here, I immediately wanted it as a stage. With the green sky background from DKC2's map as well. Brambles in the background to. Or hell, why not the whole of Crocodile Island? I think such a thing would surely point more interesst towards the Kremlings. Playable K.Rool or not.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here, since that wasn't the first time I referenced Starphoenix's idea, I'm going to copypaste it over from his user blog, where it was posted in August 2011. All credit goes to him for conceptualizing this fantastic idea, complete with music and everything.​
Alright guys, here is my next stage concept. This one is going to be one of the zanier ones I do but hopefully it is worth it? This is a stage I forgot about until just today, I cannot believe I've overlooked it considering this was one of my original concepts. Either way, here is my koncept.

It is the Flying Krock, King K. Rool's airship itself! Which obviously tells you whom this stage belongs to.This is another one of my "tour" stages, meaning the background is going to change quite a bit. Not the stage itself. Your fight will always stay atop the Flying Krock, to the very right is a large window that allows you to see inside, but no battling actually occurs inside the ship itself. I guess King K. Rool does not want to ruin his interior? The stage's design is modeled after the Flying Krock II from Donkey Kong Country 2. So it will have more of an airship/Osprey design. The stage will be large, a little under the size of the Gray Fox.

The background of the stage focuses primarily on the massive land known as "Crocodile Isle". The air ship will buzz around this island, entering into various atmospheres and archetypes taken from Donkey Kong Country 2, bringing with them their own unique twist. You will have 6 atmospheres to the stage;
Swamp, Dark Forest, Bramble, Mine, Volcano, Honeycomb, and Amusement Park.

You will begin the match with the ship in the clouds. They will begin to clear as you notice yourself coming closer to the sea, with a menacing island in the backdrop. In this ocean the Kremling Krew occupy the many vessels in the water, you will see many of those familiar reptilian faces as you zip past the ocean towards this dark land. Once you hit land you will begin in a swamp.

It isn't a large section, as it is not meant to be. It is just the opening to the ensuing cycle. Rats, beetles, and other species of Kremling can be seen walking the piers of the swamp. Soaking in the filthiness in which they live... Don't say that too loud as I hear Klubba is never too far away... Whom you will eventually pass as you make your way forward.

Your first stop takes you through a dark forest, where menacing ghosts fill the dark, foreboding scene, A gust picks up, blowing leaves as well as the characters back.
Next you will hit a large patch of trees that will cover the screen, transitioning you into the next atmosphere. This time it will be Bramble.

The Flying Krock will make it's way through a maze of bramble. Since walls of bramble can appear above or on opposite ends of the stage whenever that wall is up knocking your opponent into it will deal damage. It won't be penetrable. Barrel Cannons will abound in this stage, which will add to part of the problem to this stage. They will operate much like they did in Melee, except get caught in the wrong one and you could sen yourself into a wall of thorns. So as the barrels scroll along with the stage, be careful how high you jump... Squawks can be seen racing against Sprint the parrot, making his cameo.
After a short period of time the bramble will begin to thin, indicating the end of the maze. Once out the screen will begin to adjust.
Now we found ourselves inside of a mine.

This one is pretty straight forward, there is no hazard to this one. The only gimmick is that this stage will have scrolling horizontal platforms that will allow each character to climb higher in the mine. Well above the ship. Outside of that it is our standard Kremling Krew fare. Although some of the orangutangs from the original DKC can be seen.
Now, the indoor sections (Mine, Volcano, Honeycomb) will always follow one another, so depending upon which follows determines the type of transition we will see. For this example we will use Volcano. Towards the end of the stage the background begins to swirl from heat.
You arrive inside the active core of Crocodile Isle itself. Steam will push hot air balloons above the ship, it is important to be on one as the ship will dip into the lava for a few seconds. Once out the balloons will float away. Even though simple science would say the metal would still be hot from the magma, but who cares? It's a video game! The famous platform croc heads will appear from the lava to look at the player, Klap Traps will be seen frittering on little isles above the pool of magma.
We reach the end of this phase as magma begins to fade and land begins to take over. Now honeycombs begin to take over the backdrop...

You have now enetered the home of King Zing himself! Believe me, you will see him. But don't fear, it is just a cameo... You will face a much stickier maze this time around. Instead of the walls damaging you you can get stuck on them, which is equally bad because if you are stuck on a wall as the stage is scrolling... Yeah. You will see both Zingers and those BuzzBee's from DKC3 in this stage, fighting in a hive war of sorts. Those small Kremlings with the giant cleavers can be seen getting stuck in the honey in the back as well.
You approach the end of the interior section. The cave becomes dark, a light begins to shine above and up you go! Once you arrive outside you are in the middle of an amusement park, Krazy Kremland!

Now your ship begins scrolling right once more, picking up a bit of speed. Along the bottom of the stage is a roller coaster with an empty cart. The cart will act as a temporary mini platform for players. It will speed up and brake along the track, hopping over holes and other things. Since it is a roller coaster the rail will be ascending and descending, sometimes allowing the cart to move closer to the top of the Flying Krock.
Eventually the ride will end and the cart will make one last quick ascension (allowing a character to hop onto the ship) before descending into the depths. With that your ship will depart for the skies. You will fly around Crocodile Isle, making way to the very pinacle so as to see K. Rool's Keep. Then the island will begin fade from view as you return to the sky and repeat the cycle once again.
Note: The background scrolls to the left as the stage scrolls to the right. The only time it changes is when entering the first atmosphere and when leaving the interior section.
There is a little bit of variety in the way the stages archetypes can appear:
Swamp > Dark Forest > Bramble > Volcano=Honeycomb=Mine > Amusement Park
The interior can proceed in either of six ways, though the last one will always have the skyward "out of interior" transition effect.
Stage Example:
-Tracks-
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Crocodile Cacophony
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Disco Train
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Toxic Tower
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Mining Melancholy
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Stickerbrush Symphony
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Forest Interlude
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Hot Head Bop
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Nuts N' Bolts
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Rockface Rumble
Donkey Kong 64 - Mad Jack (Factory Boss)
Donkey Kong Country - King K.Rool / Ship Deck 2 (Brawl)
Donkey Kong (GB) - Showdown at the Tower

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Amazing how the Flying Krock can give the creeps even to this day. It's so... ghastly from the outside. Of course, I'd settle for somethin from DKC2's lost world/island as a stage just as well, particularly Krocodile Kore. Nice stuff.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe all of DKC 2 should just be a fighting game in itself

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That reminds me, still love that uber uppercut Donkey Kong did on the Kaptain once he was freed. Was that style uppercut even ever part of his Smash moveset? If not, for shame, not that that's on topic here I guess.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That reminds me, still love that uber uppercut Donkey Kong did on the Kaptain once he was freed. Was that style uppercut even ever part of his Smash moveset? If not, for shame, not that that's on topic here I guess.
He sort of does an uppercut in his two-hit Neutral combo, but I don't think such a move is used by him otherwise in Smash.

And I agree that the uppercut he delievered to the Kaptain was truly epic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Nope, it never was part of his moveset ever. I'd love for it to become a new Up Smash or something though.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Nope. You see people claiming his Neutral Special was inspired by that uppercut, even though it was actually inspired by the visually identical Banana Slamma from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ah. Never did get how people got that and the uppercut mixed up like that. Still, cool nonetheless.

@ Diddy: Was thinking it could be a new up Smash or something like that for him too. Probably better as an up-tilt though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I call the alikeness between the Gaint Punch and Banana Slamma co-incidence. DK never really swung his arm around like that. I think that that particular scene, DK did it in a far more commical manner than the Gaint Punch was. Ah well... It looks really similar nonetheless.

Double post for something awesome: casuals can't handle Bramble Blast :cool:

This is very old, but thought I'd share.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But have you rapped to it?

Or a better question, did you ever attempt to grow such a wicked beard?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We still should do that Rap Battle against Ridley once if they want to harass us again, so you still have a chance!

Welshy91

Smash Ace
We still should do that Rap Battle against Ridley once if they want to harass us again, so you still have a chance!
But... I don't want to rap battle against Ridley. Between the two, I don't know who I would pick to be honest. I think K. Rool would have a more interesting moveset, but I'm not one to underestimate the cunning god of death.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ehh... when and how did we harass the K. Rool fans? K. Rool and Ridley supporters are basically like best friends, the majority of us Ridley supporters are K. Rool supporters too, and vice versa, if we harassed K. Rool we'd be harassing ourselves. Your little anti-Ridley crusade doesn't really roll in this thread.

Top Bottom