• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Yes, Sakurai, we understand, you hate Donkey Kong. Moreover, you specifically hate -us-, and want us to look delusional like the Ridley supporters who thought that showcasing a shadow and not directly disconfirming the most wanted character wasn't a troll. You want us to be shunned and "guilt tripped" into daring to want a character that isn't currently making you money. Unlike Ridley fans who could move on, you dragged us through the mud making us wait even longer for a complete disconfirmation.

And yet we can still hope for him, as painful as that is and how stupid it will make us look. It's STILL not over. K. Rool is being recognized as something that can make money, and miis of other playable characters exist. It's possible that the team who's releasing the Miis simply doesn't know who will and won't be playable and doesn't care, and is just releasing K. Rool due to his popularity.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely giving up hope yet, but god damn.
It would be so disappointing if all we got was a costume.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My opinion on this: The Smash team couldn't put a solid move set together in time to have a quality character. This is good news for his appearance in Smash 5 but it looks like he won't make the cut this time :(. Let's see if we can at least get Dixie Kong in. Her chances were probably better all along.

Don't be too hard on Sakurai. I imagine he tried to get K Rool in (or at least looked into it).

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe so many people are giving up already, we should all be accustomed to situations like these at this point. Don't throw in the towel until the very end guys.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Man, this thread changed. First it was an argument, then it was hope, now it's just people thinking it's all over.
That's what happens when you take 3 years of grass roots campaigning that turned huge and constantly bombarded with the sentiment that the object of your campaigning and countless hours and nights of speculation was all but guaranteed, only to have it ripped out from under you as you just wait for those who line up to rake you across the coals for it?

It's a bit of a shock and people are having trouble adjusting to it.

We're sort of scattered and running about hysterically because the sky is falling, which it may very well could be, because the object of this particular push was to get K. Rool playable, so having him locked to a Mii Fighter costume feels like laser guided, heat seeking spit wad to the face.

I realize that you have Link and Meta Knight and stuff, but you didn't have to sell Link as well as a Link Mii Costume both as separate DLC.

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
Please, please let this Miiverse costume foreshadow a playable K. Rool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want K.Rool to kill this fraud in his reveal trailer as soon as possible.

To be honest, with K.Rool's love of constantly changing his identity through customes and the likes, this could still be an act of forshadowing. In the most trollish or trollish ways, sure. But if this is what happens to the universally most voted for character on an official ballot, it was all a fraud from the beginning.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
My opinion on this: The Smash team couldn't put a solid move set together in time to have a quality character. This is good news for his appearance in Smash 5 but it looks like he won't make the cut this time :(. Let's see if we can at least get Dixie Kong in. Her chances were probably better all along.

Don't be too hard on Sakurai. I imagine he tried to get K Rool in (or at least looked into it).
If one new game is all that's needed to have a better chance despite nothing but spin offs, cameos, and remakes for 18 years over a character in main roles, then they should just start calling it a gathering of "Nintendo's greatest advetisements" instead of "greatest all stars".

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Let's be adults...
No character is deconfirmed because have a Mii Costume...

I really think this is a good signal, K.Rool is in production boys.
Believe in me, this is just the warm-up.
Anyone remember when Meta Knight was thought to be deconfirmed as a character when he got a mii costume first? this could very well be the same situation for K. Rool

I partly find this cool too because if they used the rare design for this then chances are we might see him in his rare design when he's confirmed as a playable character which I think is awesome because that's the K. Rool I would go with over the Paon one (since a hybrid seems out of the question right now).

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Yes, Sakurai, we understand, you hate Donkey Kong. Moreover, you specifically hate -us-, and want us to look delusional like the Ridley supporters who thought that showcasing a shadow and not directly disconfirming the most wanted character wasn't a troll. You want us to be shunned and "guilt tripped" into daring to want a character that isn't currently making you money. Unlike Ridley fans who could move on, you dragged us through the mud making us wait even longer for a complete disconfirmation.

And yet we can still hope for him, as painful as that is and how stupid it will make us look. It's STILL not over. K. Rool is being recognized as something that can make money, and miis of other playable characters exist. It's possible that the team who's releasing the Miis simply doesn't know who will and won't be playable and doesn't care, and is just releasing K. Rool due to his popularity.
Whoa, slow down there. You think the fact a character has not yet been added to a game means the games director explicitly hates their fans?

If you're getting this worked up about it then perhaps you need to step back from the speculation. It's a disappointing day but at the end of the day unless you're a top competitive player making their living from this, it's just a game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
K. Rool and Chrom as costumes? I'm surprised! At least Sakurai and Nintendo acknowledge K. Rool. If K. Rool is a Mii Brawler costume, maybe K. Rool himself will be more like a brawler if he gets in SSB5.

I'll definitely get these costumes along with the N64 stages.

volbound1700

Smash Master
If one new game is all that's needed to have a better chance despite nothing but spin offs, cameos, and remakes for 18 years over a character in main roles, then they should just start calling it a gathering of "Nintendo's greatest advetisements" instead of "greatest all stars".
King K Rool has been in a game more recently then Captain Falcon, Duck Hunt, Ness, etc. Also K Rool was the prime antagonist in all three Donkey Kong Country Titles, DK 64, and DK Jungle Swing.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Are you kidding me?
This is the worst Nintendo announcement EVER.
DUDE. Sakurai promised a new character would be revealed one day. They show us Rayman's trophy that day. You support Rayman, right?? That was the day I lost all respect to Sakurai.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they're releasing the runners-up in the Smash ballot as costumes or something? I know K.Rool and Chrom were probably both very high up there in terms of votes.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Whoa, slow down there. You think the fact a character has not yet been added to a game means the games director explicitly hates their fans?

If you're getting this worked up about it then perhaps you need to step back from the speculation. It's a disappointing day but at the end of the day unless you're a top competitive player making their living from this, it's just a game.
I've been spending some 7 years of my life advocating for him on message boards wasting hours upon hours. Yes, it's kind of a big deal. Yes, I made whiny, defeatist posts upon his many, many "disconfirmations". I'm tired of him getting "disconfirmed".

I'm also that guy people joke about who literally doesn't buy the game because K. Rool isn't in it. Scratch that, I'm the guy who doesn't buy a -Wii U- because K. Rool's not in the game.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
cant...believe it.
i dont want to... guys we need to GO VOTING for the KING RIGHT NOW!...

and i can't believe that k.rool has a character now...because Sakurai want us to buy the ***lame mii costume,

i will still buy the costume..............

Last edited:

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
I've been spending some 7 years of my life advocating for him on message boards wasting hours upon hours. Yes, it's kind of a big deal. Yes, I made whiny, defeatist posts upon his many, many "disconfirmations". I'm tired of him getting "disconfirmed".

I'm also that guy people joke about who literally doesn't buy the game because K. Rool isn't in it. Scratch that, I'm the guy who doesn't buy a -Wii U- because K. Rool's not in the game.
Watch out, the soulless part of Smash community despises people with emotions, like you.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Maybe they're releasing the runners-up in the Smash ballot as costumes or something? I know K.Rool and Chrom were probably both very high up there in terms of votes.
That's what makes this the final nail in the coffin imo. Chrom hasn't got a prayer because he's too boring according to Sakurai. And now, we're put on the same level as him.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Sorry guys, I do think the message was pretty clear here.
"We hear you, but we aren't implementing it for whatever reason. Here's a consolation prize."
Isabelle,Inkling Chrom, Rool...all popular characters,three of which were top votes and one who was popular but not really considered for Smash. Since Inklings got a costume around launch, they may be reconsidered, maybe the idea was "wait and see and give this in the meantime" but...I think the message is pretty clear in this case.

If it means anything, I'm sure this means he'll be strongly considered for the next Smash. It's clear they put a lot of detail into his costume.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
It would be hypocritical to say k rool has a change even with a mii costume even i said inklings were deconfirmed because of mii outfits.So i'm on the deconfirmed list.I'm gonna have some hope for the guy so i can be surprised when he gets his real "finest hour"

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Please don't tell me this was the reason K. Rool's name was trademarked. This is very depressing and anti-hype end to the buzz it generated.

The ballot still has two months to go. I really, really don't want to think that the ballot was a farce. That would shatter my faith in Sakurai.

Regardless, I'll ask that you people don't start pulling out your napkins already. No crying until it's confirmed that this is his ultimate fate.

:231:
no crying until the end

volbound1700

Smash Master

Read my post. You should see this as a win in the long run. I think he has a great chance for Smash 5. Trust me, Nintendo will have a Smash 5. Probably for this new NX system.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
A costume eh? Well, time to make a quick note on why this is not the end (Meta Knight's reveal says so?)

I don't wanna cry.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Whelp it's official, I got no sleep last night. And to think I was just about to go to bed before checking Smashboards and seeing that infernal Mii. It's going to be a long slog at work today.

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
Maybe it's all an elaborate ploy from Sakurai, he reveals a Mii costume to make us think he died in terms of being playable, and K. Rool is known for playing dead, so K. Rool could still be confirmed later on.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

You can and should be disappointed. But you're overreacting. A Mii costume doesn't mean Sakurai hates anyone, it's just a costume. Feels like a kick in the nuts but you move on.

I understand the feeling - I never bought a Wii U because of the atrocity that was the Mario Kart 8 roster, and I sank hundreds of hours into that series. You move on.

Unlikely, as the ballot will still run for three months (also, I don't think that Chrom was very high on the ballot, his deconfirmation and having already 5 FE reps probably made his popularity decrease, he hasn't been high on the polls either).

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Maybe it's all an elaborate ploy from Sakurai, he reveals a Mii costume to make us think he died in terms of being playable, and K. Rool is known for playing dead, so K. Rool could still be confirmed later on.
free k.rool costume = maybe
paid k.rool costume = not sure.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'll still get the costume regardless, at least DK is getting some smash bros. love in some form. Think of it as a preview to playing as him when he actually does get confirmed to be added on the roster.

Top Bottom