• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I've been gone from this thread for a while. Has anyone important retweeted the Kremling Campaign, or did anything big happen?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Oooh, Je n'aime pas Roi Dadidou... Every time he takes out that stupid Gordo on All-star, I cringe. I just know that thing's gonna hit me, and it hurts a lot. Most of the time, that's what does me in.

I do like how the Mighty Glacier characters in this game are not as pathetic as before. Particularly Bowser, who is actually usable now. True, the Dorf is still such that any slower, he'd be moving backwards (it's agonizing to start a Smash Run with him since his speed is minimized...), but the sheer power makes up for it. Plus the fact that they've got super armor against light taps and the new rage mechanic make them viable.

Sidenote: I am a total casual scrub, so I'm probably talking out of my *** here, but whatever...

I'd expect the Kroc to be just the same way. And it'll be great.
Comment ose tu ne pas aimer le Roi Dadidou! Well... at least you support another great king:p. Seriously thought, if you see the Gordo comming, just hit with any attack that do at least 2%, it's super easy.;)

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I've been gone from this thread for a while. Has anyone important retweeted the Kremling Campaign, or did anything big happen?
Nintendo decided to trademark K Rool's name in the Jungle Climber VC release; first time they've done it for him. Could be nothing but interesting speculation fuel nonetheless.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Comment ose tu ne pas aimer le Roi Dadidou! Well... at least you support another great king:p. Seriously thought, if you see the Gordo comming, just hit with any attack that do at least 2%, it's super easy.;)
Yeah, I try...I'm just terrible at predicting :ohwell:. I'd get rekt so hard in any real tournament - my Mains are Link and Zelda, so I don't think I have much hope even if I could do that. Or block, that'd be a nice skill to have that I don't...

At least I'm having fun...?

But I'm totally hooked on AC: Unity at this point, so my beginner French is showing lol.

On topic question: We've not gotten any costumes besides recolors for the DLC characters (or many of the vanilla characters), so I highly doubt we'll get any of the Rool's great outfits. I doubt we'll get anything but recolors, but do you think we'll get just cape recolors, or would there be a few with different skin as well?

...may have to fire up Photoshop and shamelessly steal the Smashified render and come up with ideas...

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Yeah, I try...I'm just terrible at predicting :ohwell:. I'd get rekt so hard in any real tournament - my Mains are Link and Zelda, so I don't think I have much hope even if I could do that. Or block, that'd be a nice skill to have that I don't...

At least I'm having fun...?

But I'm totally hooked on AC: Unity at this point, so my beginner French is showing lol.

On topic question: We've not gotten any costumes besides recolors for the DLC characters (or many of the vanilla characters), so I highly doubt we'll get any of the Rool's great outfits. I doubt we'll get anything but recolors, but do you think we'll get just cape recolors, or would there be a few with different skin as well?

...may have to fire up Photoshop and shamelessly steal the Smashified render and come up with ideas...
Believe in yourself and try to learn from your mistakes. This is not only a Smash advice, but a life one in general.

Also, Ryu got alts
gokgryu.jpeg

The ogre lord and Goku:troll:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm sure they'll mix it up. His green skin is his most notable trait so that along with his cape will probably get rotated in colors.

Seeing how it's such a core idea of the character that K. Rool wears costumes, I'm hoping they'll at least seriously consider them.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
All I need is Kaptain, they need him at the very LEAST. I'd LOVE to have Baron and Krusha alts, and (I know it'll never happen) his Pilot design. Speaking of his pilot costume, found these animated stills from Diddy Kong Pilot. I like his look here.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I can see Kaptain K. Rool happening. It's by far and away his most iconic and notorious kostume.

By comparison, Baron is from the under-appreciated sequel, Krusha isn't really too different to King and Pilot never really happened. If Sakurai wants to go all-out with the fanservice, then yeah, I can see Baron and maybe Krusha happening.

But really, I'd be okay with just Kaptain.

Hell, I'd be okay with just King, come to it.

Kaptain would be nice though.

plz based sakurai

kaptain k. rool for smash

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You know, even if no other DLC characters get anything in the way of alternate costumes, I can kind of imagine the ballot's top pick (or, indeed, picks) getting at least one, just to make them extra-special for being the fan-chosen ones. I really wouldn't be surprised if K. Rool were to get a couple, along with the usual palette-swaps, should he get in.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Here's a challenge for you.

Think of 8 music tracks to put on a minecart madness stage!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@ Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian Fantastic comic, can't wait to help spread it around the web like we did with the Gators Gonna Gate GIF.

I dunno how a character as fat and presumably huge as K. Rool would end up weighing less than DK, with whom he should at least tie in the weight department. Yeah, it can potentially be a balance concern, but with heavyweights, the concern over making them too overpowered often leads to their designated weaknesses making them underpowered instead. Make his knockback and damage output less than the other heavyweights to balance him and also set him apart among the class.

I've always made it a point to lump together Kaptain and Baron in the ballot submissions I've done. Hopefully the developers receive enough mentions of both (and Krusha too, though I feel the former two should take priority) to consider both rather than just Kaptain, which to be fair, would be a pretty great bonus just on his own.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't know about you guys, but do ya'll approve of this.
It's funny but meanspirited. So... pretty fitting for K. Rool.

So...

-DKC1 minecart
-DKC2 roller coaster
-DKC3 Hot Pursuit
-DK64 Jungle Japes minecart
-DKCR minecart
-DKCTF Sawmill Thrill
-Mining Melancholy
-Fear Factory

Too lazy to check the names on some of these.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Hey everybody ! My bro just put up this great King K. Rool drawing on Miiverse ! Check it out ! :D

!
VOTE KING K.png

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
All I need is Kaptain, they need him at the very LEAST. I'd LOVE to have Baron and Krusha alts, and (I know it'll never happen) his Pilot design. Speaking of his pilot costume, found these animated stills from Diddy Kong Pilot. I like his look here.

Looks like the pilot I drew isn't that far away for the actual.
I just wish I'd have known about these pictures when I drew him...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...And one quick and dirty photoshop later...
RoolColors.png

Based on...
  1. Default
  2. Kaptain
  3. Baron
  4. Krusha
  5. the more yellowish elaborate necklace from Super Sluggers
  6. Snowmads
  7. Blue Kritters
  8. DK64 Klump
I actually really like the Kaptain and Krusha ones. Don't know how I feel about the last one though...

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I mean, it's not a bad picture and I like the idea of K. Rool holding up an 'enemy' skull, but a lot of K. Rool fans do support Isaac, so let's not antagonize when they've been good to us for the most part.

Mine Cart Madness Tracklist:
--Mine Cart Madness (DKC)
--Life in the Mines (DKC)
--Mining Melancholy (DKC2)
--Disco Train (DKC2)
--Rockface Rumble (DKC3)
--Mine Cart Mini-Game (DK64)
--Sawmill Thrill (TF)
--High Tide Ride (TF)

Honorable Mentions: Cave Dweller Concert (DKC), Forest Interlude (DKC2), In a Snowbound Land (DKC2), Hot Pursuit (DKC3), Caves Boss (DK64), Trunk Twister (TF)

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
The other DKC games could definitely use some additional musical representation. Off the top of my head I don't even know if DKC2 has any music besides the (sub-par in my opinion) Stickerbush Symphony remix, and I'm fairly certain DKC3 and 64 have none. A real shame.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

I remember seeing a video of this! K. Rool looks very different without a significantly bloodshot eye. Maybe he's looking for gold to pay off his hospital bills after having his eye cured. The animals he meets look like the Mayan relatives of the Beagle Boys.

So...

--Minecart Madness (DKC1)
- Mining Melancholy (DKC2)
- Rockface Rumble (DKC3)
- Stilt Village (DKC3 GBA) Just cut out the wave SFX at the beginning....
- Hot Top Volcano (Diddy Kong Racing)
- Life in the Mines Returns (DKCR)
- Sawmill Thrill (DKCTF)
- High Tide Ride (DKCTF)

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Mean-spirited and potentially offensive.

Yeah, I'm okay with it. :4pacman:
I don't really mind it either. Fair sport as far as I'm concerned. I also want Isaac. Call me a hypocrite.. King K. gets called fat and ugly non-stop sometimes with drawings so its all good.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
View attachment 63384
Based on...
  1. Default
  2. Kaptain
  3. Baron
  4. Krusha
  6. Snowmads
  7. Blue Kritters
  8. DK64 Klump
I actually really like the Kaptain and Krusha ones. Don't know how I feel about the last one though...
The last one is my favorite, actually.

I really hope that there's more to K. Rool's alt. colors than cape redesigns, though. At least give him different colored skin, like DK's fur.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think the picture only really works as an in-character sentiment of K. Rool. I know people in the Isaac thread have bashed K. Rool but that doesn't make it okay for us to do it.

Not that anyone here is doing that. More of a cautionary measure.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't know about you guys, but do ya'll approve of this.
I thought it was pit or dark pit at first, either way I approve of this ****.
The other DKC games could definitely use some additional musical representation. Off the top of my head I don't even know if DKC2 has any music besides the (sub-par in my opinion) Stickerbush Symphony remix, and I'm fairly certain DKC3 and 64 have none. A real shame.
I know Gloomy Galleon and Hideout Helm would make for some good alts. for a Gangplank Galleon and Fear Factory stage. Nuts'n Bolts and Big Boss Blues would be good too.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
View attachment 63384
Based on...
  1. Default
  2. Kaptain
  3. Baron
  4. Krusha
  6. Snowmads
  7. Blue Kritters
  8. DK64 Klump
If I were designing colors for K. Rool in Smash, I'd have 5 variants of King K. Rool (with skin colors directly connected to Kremlings in past games. Probably a bright blue, bright red, lighter green (if the default was dark green), gray/brown, and yellow(?)), with the remaining three colors being his Kaptain, Baron, and Krusha Kostumes respectively.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'd personally love an Amiss Abyss stage that incorporates both underwater and silhouette stuff.

My idea is that you have a main platform in the middle and a ship off to the left. As the tides rise, the ship goes off screen and you fight on the main platform as silhouettes. Then the tides can lower and the ship will be back on screen and you stop being silhouettes.
You don't swim in the water in this case, instead you fight in it normally.

Another cool idea is that the ship could alternate between being a kremling pirate ship and a snowmad ship when it returns with the lowering tides.

StormC

Smash Hero
Speaking of stages makes me think of bar none the hardest thing to picture about K. Rool in Smash: him on various stages. It's easy to think of him on something like Battlefield. But seeing him in stages like Wuhu Island or classics like Hyrule Temple is gonna be pretty crazy to me, let alone in the 3DS version (these will probably be the only times K. Rool appears on the Wii U and 3DS lol).

I'll probably make an effort to play as him on every single stage at least once.

EDIT: That said, when I try to envision his moves, my mind defaults to Hyrule Temple, so... there's that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom