• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

volbound1700

Smash Master
Diddy wasn't even in it.
Instead we have: Metal Mario, Baby Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach, All 7 Koopalings, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach.
Out of that lot I only like the Koopalings.
Mario and Peach having three variations outside of their default form at the expense of Diddy, Bowser Jr and two others was a silly move imo.
I agree 100%. I thought about writing Nintendo about this problem. Give me Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr. Funky Kong, King Boo, Petey Piranha, etc. over the Baby and Metal/Costume Clones. I personally want to see all the Baby Characters cut. Who likes them anyways?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So where is the video, if there is one?
You are being ridiculous.

Videos are just as easy to "fake". I could copy the files and just rename them. I don't have the full set of files myself (only the new music tracks).

5 different people, all highly respected in the homebrew community, say the files are there. Also the new files are on tcrf, 3ds page. I have the music files too. Tcrf alone should be enough proof, as the people on that Wiki are very good about protecting their pages.

crediar, who originally found Tingle in Hyrule Warriors and has help ripped nearly every single Wii U soundtrack (plus so many others) has confirmed it.

If all that doesn't convince you, then please wait until E3 because there is nothing else that can be done.

Ps if you have a gateway 3ds card I can dig up the direct download link from Nintendo servers. That would be the ultimate proof, not some video just showing files.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You are being ridiculous.

Videos are just as easy to "fake". I could copy the files and just rename them. I don't have the full set of files myself (only the new music tracks).

5 different people, all highly respected in the homebrew community, say the files are there. Also the new files are on tcrf, 3ds page. I have the music files too. Tcrf alone should be enough proof, as the people on that Wiki are very good about protecting their pages.

crediar, who originally found Tingle in Hyrule Warriors and has help ripped nearly every single Wii U soundtrack (plus so many others) has confirmed it.

If all that doesn't convince you, then please wait until E3 because there is nothing else that can be done.
Videos take longer to fake and have some more trustworthiness to them over still images. I am thinking of the Shulk and Bowser Jr. ESRB leaks when thinking of Videos.

I will check the TCRF 3DS page to see if anything new was added.

It would seem more believable if any of the sources had some videos to go along with them.

Ps if you have a gateway 3ds card I can dig up the direct download link from Nintendo servers. That would be the ultimate proof, not some video just showing files.
Isn't a Gateway 3DS card just a way to play the games emulated? Is it necessarily a hacking tool? If so, then how would you do it? Would there be a chance that you could remember the download link and message it to me?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
At least we got Cjszero's support, that is if anybody knows about him :awesome:

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I agree 100%. I thought about writing Nintendo about this problem. Give me Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr. Funky Kong, King Boo, Petey Piranha, etc. over the Baby and Metal/Costume Clones. I personally want to see all the Baby Characters cut. Who likes them anyways?
The Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are Okay and "actual canon"... The other babys are derp.

And I think is because balance the character weight (They don't have a lot of Small Characters)

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Videos take longer to fake and have some more trustworthiness to them over still images. I am thinking of the Shulk and Bowser Jr. ESRB leaks when thinking of Videos.

I will check the TCRF 3DS page to see if anything new was added.

It would seem more believable if any of the sources had some videos to go along with them.

Isn't a Gateway 3DS card just a way to play the games emulated? Is it necessarily a hacking tool? If so, then how would you do it? Would there be a chance that you could remember the download link and message it to me?
That's different. ERSB Leaks was gameplay. This would literally just be a folder with some files it in. How would that further verify the claim?? Like I said, I could literally make blank files and re-name them and you would be so happy with the "proof". The fact that the files exist, and have been uploaded by multiple people, is proof.

I believe you need a Gateway 3DS in order to decrypt the files. Not sure about update files, but I know for full roms you do. I was trying to pull the text from Majora's Mask 3D because I wanted to compare it to the original N64. Anyhow, I'll send you the link.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Ya I saw that! Wow! All of them seem to talk very highly of our King! This is fantastic news!
Yep, though You, know I find it kinda amusing when people think Sakurai's going to read through all these, as there is no way that's how this is going by the tribute of being in able to do this in over 40+ languages, not to mention the sheer amount of entries happening. Most likely possibility is that each Nintendo regional PR/local office(like the clubhouse) have a sorting algorithm that groups together separate character entries(with some allowance for misspelling, and grouping by alias/alternate names), then from a certain group of candidate characters, and from there read through it, no character will be out right blocked, but obvious troll/impossible characters will be ignored. Then using both numbers of characters, along with some of the best arguments will they send them to the team at Namco/Bandai who are working on this, which happens to include Sakurai

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Yep, though You, know I find it kinda amusing when people think Sakurai's going to read through all these, as there is no way that's how this is going by the tribute of being in able to do this in over 40+ languages, not to mention the sheer amount of entries happening. Most likely possibility is that each Nintendo regional PR/local office(like the clubhouse) have a sorting algorithm that groups together separate character entries(with some allowance for misspelling, and grouping by alias/alternate names), then from a certain group of candidate characters, and from there read through it, no character will be out right blocked, but obvious troll/impossible characters will be ignored. Then using both numbers of characters, along with some of the best arguments will they send them to the team at Namco/Bandai who are working on this, which happens to include Sakurai
It is just nice to hear people OTHER THAN us on Smash Boards, talk so highly about King K. It warms my heart. Everyone keep it up! Vote for the King and get your friends to like the King as well! Keep up the pressure on King K being the talk of the town. We do NOT want to let up. If we do our very best, I believe we will receive a worthy reward at the end of the day.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I've been sending out to lots of friends to vote. Idk what other support I can do at this point other than be here : ) Plus I've been on the twitter retweet game so.... small tasks but maybe will add up to very small percentile say in K. Rool's chances in the end.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I think this goes without saying, i doubt anyone actually thinks sakurai personally reads the requests LOL, most people just use "Sakurai" as a way to refer the acknowledgement of Nintendo in general.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
So here it is, my version of a standard K. Rool moveset!

EDIT: Silly me, I forgot D- Throw, oh well I'll get it in the picture ASAP

Attachments

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Oh man. This moveset is so incredibly hype. I'd be so ****in' pleased if they just took this and put it in game.

Anything that makes use of the clouds and electric diodes is like, amazing. Seriously, these are just a couple of the tools K. Rool has that can make him amazingly unique, especially for a heavyweight.

We've really hammered away at how unique he can be since the Ballot got announced. I've never seen some of these amazing ideas passed around until now. He really brings that diabolical flavor that none of the other villains have, especially considering how sparse our villain roster is. (Seriously. 3+Koopaling alts.)

What's your preferred Final Smash?

Blast-O-Matic all the ****in' way.

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice

I was actually always hoping for King K Rool to join Smash and this Moveset is fabulous my dear!
Why I like him so much? What a stupid question, you should feel ashamed you royal boob.
But in all honesty he was the first final boss in my lfe Ive fought against....so its a lot of nostalgia but I also really like his design and personality^^
I really hope he gets in, King K Rool always was playing dirty that never changes.
#CrocTheVote

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Did you know that when you upload an image in your post, you can click on ``Full Image`` to place it in your post.
Gekko Dedede.jpg

( I actually made this:p)
This moveset is gorgeous and delicious. Great work:b:
I was actually always hoping for King K Rool to join Smash and this Moveset is fabulous my dear!
Why I like him so much? What a stupid question, you should feel ashamed you royal boob.
But in all honesty he was the first final boss in my lfe Ive fought against....so its a lot of nostalgia but I also really like his design and personality^^
I really hope he gets in, King K Rool always was playing dirty that never changes.
#CrocTheVote
Welcome. You sure made a great first impression on me.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
It's true the files are there. What it all means is a whole other question. For now it appears we have two extra unknown characters and Roy and Ryu in the game, along with some stage stuff and other things. But that's only what got left behind since the patch. There could actually be tons more content headed our way than what's been hinted through this leak. Next patch we might see two more unknown character slots and even more stage stuff. Or we could see nothing because they'll clean up their mistake. So yes, we can make fairly safe assumptions, but only up to a point.

Also, seems a bit early to have character slots staged already when the ballot is still new. There's a theory that all these empty slots may be characters that were planned all along and we could still get our voted characters in additional slots added at a different time. Who knows really.
2 other characters aswell as Roy and Ryu?
Are you counting Lucas and Mewtwo?

Wasent Inkling on that list?
The file thing?
Lol in lost...help meh

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That's different. ERSB Leaks was gameplay. This would literally just be a folder with some files it in. How would that further verify the claim?? Like I said, I could literally make blank files and re-name them and you would be so happy with the "proof". The fact that the files exist, and have been uploaded by multiple people, is proof.
It is one of those things where you and the others would prove any naysayers, had you released a video along side it. You do seem reluctant to make the video though, even if you could fake it. The files could have been sent from one of you and given to the others, that is another possibility, or they just copy the words from the articles.
Until it is dug deeper, it is hard to 100% identify this as proof without a shred of doubt.

I believe you need a Gateway 3DS in order to decrypt the files. Not sure about update files, but I know for full roms you do. I was trying to pull the text from Majora's Mask 3D because I wanted to compare it to the original N64. Anyhow, I'll send you the link.
Thanks for sending the location of your sources, though it did autolink to the file. In due time I will check the file that it autolinked to (still trying to see if there are links that will lead up to the file link itself, file is supposed to be 00000009, correct?).

Edit: The file only has the music and no text files of the updates, just to give a full idea of what was in the link. My latest comment still stands.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It is one of those things where you and the others would prove any naysayers, had you released a video along side it. You do seem reluctant to make the video though, even if you could fake it. The files could have been sent from one of you and given to the others, that is another possibility, or they just copy the words from the articles.
Until it is dug deeper, it is hard to 100% identify this as proof without a shred of doubt.

Thanks for sending the location of your sources, though it did autolink to the file. In due time I will check the file that it autolinked to (still trying to see if there are links that will lead up to the file link itself, file is supposed to be 00000009, correct?).
You do realize that the files are on TCRF, right? And that Jetfire77 uploaded the files to the Wiki, not shinyquagsire23, not myself, but yet ANOTHER person confirming that these files are real.

You make it sound like it's some sort of conspiracy to troll the community. I assure you, there is none. Furthermore, I've never been interested in trolling the community. In fact, I've been working hard on clearing up misconceptions and misinformation. Like Wolf was actually considered for Melee (he wasn't), or that the Ice Climbers have an unused chant (they don't and their fighter files were completely deleted).

I might be able to understand if you thought that Ryu and Roy were cut content. But everything you have said, indicates that you believe the files are faked-- which is impossible.

As for the video, I really just don't see the point. As a person who is extremely actively debating video game leaks, I truly don't see how this could give any reasonable person closure that the files exist for the reasons that I have already outlined. Furthermore, the sole purpose of creating a video like that would be to entertain you. I sent you the location of the update file on Nintendo's server. I'm done arguing with you, as you are clearly not listening to any reasoning. Please enjoy Roy and Ryu when they are released.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You do realize that the files are on TCRF, right? And that Jetfire77 uploaded the files to the Wiki, not shinyquagsire23, not myself, but yet ANOTHER person confirming that these files are real.

You make it sound like it's some sort of conspiracy to troll the community. I assure you, there is none. Furthermore, I've never been interested in trolling the community. In fact, I've been working hard on clearing up misconceptions and misinformation. Like Wolf was actually considered for Melee (he wasn't), or that the Ice Climbers have an unused chant (they don't and their fighter files were completely deleted).

I might be able to understand if you thought that Ryu and Roy were cut content. But everything you have said, indicates that you believe the files are faked-- which is impossible.

As for the video, I really just don't see the point. As a person who is extremely actively debating video game leaks, I truly don't see how this could give any reasonable person closure that the files exist for the reasons that I have already outlined. Furthermore, the sole purpose of creating a video like that would be to entertain you. I sent you the location of the update file on Nintendo's server. I'm done arguing with you, as you are clearly not listening to any reasoning. Please enjoy Roy and Ryu when they are released.
Since this discussion won't be going anywhere, thanks for your time anyways and have a nice day.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Forgive me, but when I hear vote for King K Rool I am reminded of the Ridley fanboys. King K Rool is larger than Donkey Kong and Sakurai already stated that size does matter, at least for big people.

If I had to choose a DK rep I would choose Dixie Kong instead because she doesn't look like a dirty reptilian on drugs.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Forgive me, but when I hear vote for King K Rool I am reminded of the Ridley fanboys. King K Rool is larger than Donkey Kong and Sakurai already stated that size does matter, at least for big people.

If I had to choose a DK rep I would choose Dixie Kong instead because she doesn't look like a dirty reptilian on drugs.
Eeeeexcept that Sakurai said Ridley with small wings, something that's happened half of the time, is more inaccurate then Ridley joining sides by getting slapped which is completely against his character. I've seen fanfiction with a more accurate portrayal of Ridley than Sakurai did, no joke

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Sakurai cited wings which is BS anyway.
Also:

K Rool's been in spin-offs. He's about as tall as 2-3 Toads going from the above.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sakurai is K. Rool's biggest obstacle. I have no doubt he's going to get the most amount of votes in the ballot, but he still has direct competition from Dixie (who is Sakurai approved, she was nearly in Brawl). Our best hope is really for Sakurai's heart to grow three sizes and give us both characters.

StormC

Smash Hero

K. Rool's size is far from consistent. It fluctates as much as Bowser's.

This is some halfbaked trolling, get out of here with that nonsense.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
King K Rool isn't held back by giant wings(one of Sakurai's claims), and has only ever been significantly larger than Donkey Kong once(tmk anyway), in 64.

Ridley, regardless of incarnation, has been larger than Samus in every Metroid game except for the NES version, making it a complete inversion. You can't expect the size argument to work with every potential fighter who is large, because it doesn't.

Last edited:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398

Forgive me, but your opinion sucks.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ridley's biggest (hehe) obstacle has never really been his size but instead his anatomy and bulky build.

Top Bottom