• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I know all that. But regardless, it's just not Mega Man. :/

I do support Playtonic though. I'm not sure how that works, but I'm really excited for their stuff nonetheless.
Yeah. I do know what you mean. It definitely wouldn't be the same :/..

but hey. You still have to hand it to the creators for trying to take matters into their own hands and give fans what they want

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I do know what you mean. It definitely wouldn't be the same :/..

but hey. You still have to hand it to the creators for trying to take matters into their own hands and give fans what they want
Of course. But at the end of the day, what do you see? Mega Man. But yet... not... Mega Man... I don't know. Bleh, words.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
If Ryu and another freaking FE character are dlc before the guys who really matter I swear to freaking god..

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I understand your good intentions but I simply cannot trust Sakurai. The man is known the play favorites and is very bias. He picks characters HE wants to see in Smash and then sometimes throws the fans a bone (like Little Mac) but that's it. He also picks characters more popular in Japan than in the West consistently.

I simply don't trust Sakurai. He probably never played the Donkey Kong Country series in his life.
Once again, that's alot of things we don't know. Remember when we thought the DKC trilogy being removed from the Wii e-shop was some covert operation to quash memory of the Kremlings because Nintendo clearly hated them? Well look where we are now. I'm currently playing a game on the Wii U where K. Rool was the most in-your-face villain since Gruntilda.

If we're playing the "reading into stuff" game, Sakurai gave Diddy one of the most faithful movesets ever, using assets from a game that at the time hadn't been seen in almost a decade, and opened the door for them to be used again in Returns. It's safer to say he's played DK64 than he hasn't. Not only that, but K. Rool is always referenced as being the most important villainous force in the DK universe.

I wouldn't say it's clear Sakurai dislikes the series, because the evidence is against that. It's more that he probably thought other things had more priority in initial development. But the ballot is all about the fans, and since K. Rool's popularity has been noted at least in Sakurai's pre-Brawl journal for number of mentions, he's not off his radar.

Don't get all paranoid guys, we just have to keep up the good work and make sure the King is front and center. We're in a better position to do that now than ever!

Edit: And I have DK64 now. I'm so happy! (Although technically I have it on the 64 as well. But my Miiverse playthrough has begun!)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
spread the word for a high volume of high quality votes for King K. Rool!
Oh trust me, any Miiverse post I make for DK64 with K. Rool in it will have #KroctheVote all UP in that! It's nice to see all the Miiverse posts about people missing K. Rool after all this time!

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
If Ryu and another freaking FE character are dlc before the guys who really matter I swear to freaking god..
"Another freaking FE character"... bro, there's only five. Roy was in Melee. If they bring him back, that'll be awesome! More characters to have dream battles with.

K.Rool will come. Ryu and Roy won't affect anything. We just need to keep voting and stay on top of every forum out there.

EDIT: People should be much happier about Ryu. Having this many third-party characters in Sm4sh opens up a whole new field of characters that could be in 5mash. Think about it! F***ing BOMBERMAN, Rayman, Shantae... all characters that have had some great games on Nintendo systems. We could even have Tails and Proto Man by then.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
"Another freaking FE character"... bro, there's only five. Roy was in Melee. If they bring him back, that'll be awesome! More characters to have dream battles with.

K.Rool will come. Ryu and Roy won't affect anything. We just need to keep voting and stay on top of every forum out there.
I find this funny to be honest. If this is true, here we had Sakurai saying there wouldn't be that many DLC fighters... but then, here we are.

Then again... we never exactly knew what Sakurai's "not that many" is.... lol

cybersai

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem now has the same amount of reps as Zelda. That's just....wrong. So DK only gets two reps despite being one of the best selling franchises from Nintendo, and Fire Emblem gets the same amount of reps as Zelda? Roy being a second Marth clone when we still have Lucina doesn't help.

Mario and Pokemon having more reps than all the other franchises is understandable...they're Mario and Pokemon. But there's no reason Fire Emblem should outrank Donkey Kong and tie with Zelda for reps.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I find this funny to be honest. If this is true, here we had Sakurai saying there wouldn't be that many DLC fighters... but then, here we are.

Then again... we never exactly knew what Sakurai's "not that many" is.... lol
Sakurai contradicts himself a lot. Either that, or a lot of people at Nintendo just constantly chuck money in his direction every time he says something they don't want to hear (poor guy will be working until he dies at his own desk). Or, he just wants to keep things a surprise, but jerks like us constantly ruin everything for him. xD

Seeing as Ryu and Roy ARE mentioned in the game files, they should have at least started working on them. Wolf will probably take no time at all (I'm very certain he'll be around by E3 for the Star Fox game), so we should expect Roy shortly after him.

Of course, that's just a theory. A SMASH theory.

Last edited:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
YES FOR MY MICROSOFT PAINT SKILLS!

Spread the word on Twitter and everywhere else with this wonderful image!

Paraka

Smash Rookie
That's an idea I've been bringing up quite a bit but no one seems to think its a valid option. Or at least, no one has commented on the possibility.

Capcom can't afford ****. Nintendo would NOT include Ryu unless they got something BIG in return. I'm thinking either Nintendo vs. Capcom game for Wii U, or Nintendo bought a Capcom IP--probably Mega Man--and Ryu is replacing the "Capcom" rep.
Okay, want to clear this up pretty quickly before theories get too thick in here, it's starting to make the Kremlings uncomfortable.

Nintendo is not buying out any IP, it is not their style. They currently now own the publishing rights to Bayonetta (but not the IP itself), but that is as far as Nintendo is going as of right now. Pretty sure it is due to the stance of their open door policy and them not actively seeking out existing IP, this goes without saying MM and Sonic both have a pretty rugged history Nintendo may not want to "redeem" in the near future.

However, knowing what I know, coupled with what has been openly discussed from Nintendo in the past years of Directs, Nintendo is collaborating with several third parties. Capcom is not excluded.

We know SEGA has an exclusive release roster for Nintendo and Sonic related games, Namco working on SSB4 and a new, unannounced RPG (and the Tekken U on launch), Koei with Hyrule Warriors and Atlus recently with FExSMT. Nintendo has also reached out to get exclusive content on their system with collaborations within these companies, such as Ubisoft and Mario costumes in Rayman Legends.

However, the one we have yet to see was Capcom (one of the original list not mentioned since). I do believe their collaboration may be big for us as gamers, and may be a reason Ryu may been considered in Smash. I suspect it is, indeed, Mega Man related however.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Fire Emblem now has the same amount of reps as Zelda. That's just....wrong. So DK only gets two reps despite being one of the best selling franchises from Nintendo, and Fire Emblem gets the same amount of reps as Zelda? Roy being a second Marth clone when we still have Lucina doesn't help.

Mario and Pokemon having more reps than all the other franchises is understandable...they're Mario and Pokemon. But there's no reason Fire Emblem should outrank Donkey Kong and tie with Zelda for reps.
Fire Emblem is a popular strategy game that is swiftly climbing Nintendo's ranks.

Although I do agree, DK does deserve a newcomer by now (with that being K.Rool, who fills the void of everything we've been missing). Just keep pumping out votes for K.Rool. Don't rely on others for that. That's when we lose.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You're a month too late. The Kremling Kutthroats #KroctheVote all the time ever since the direct first aired lol.

4 characters before the ballot--Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. All four have been in development.

I think anyone who thinks that we'll only get 1-2 characters from the ballot isn't thinking logically. They're planning a TON of DLC right now. They're not going to do a massive poll and put in only one or two characters. I'm expecting at LEAST 3.

4 characters before the ballot proves they're REALLY pushing for a lot of DLC. That should get people to think we'll have even -more- ballot characters, not less.
Tbh they could put 100 chars as DLC but if none of them are K.Rool i dont really give a damn....plus Ridley is out so yh

Pretty screwed mentality but yh...i assume majority of smash fans dont care how many chars we get if a bunch get added but no one who they wanted....its underwhelming...Smash mentality...but its how i honestly feel

I want another Powerful heavyweight badly someone as heavy and powerful as DDD & Ganondorf and the only char i see who fits the bill and is deserving imo is K.Rool.

Sorry...thats just my beef...i dont understand... seriously
..i dont know if its me or Sakurai...am i too picky?....the characters i
want never get added its incredible and the roster is gonna have more than 50 characters soon but in my eyes the character select screen/ in terms of chars i want to play is smaller than the roster Smash64 had.....

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem is a popular strategy game that is swiftly climbing Nintendo's ranks.

Although I do agree, DK does deserve a newcomer by now (with that being K.Rool, who fills the void of everything we've been missing). Just keep pumping out votes for K.Rool. Don't rely on others for that. That's when we lose.
And Metroid... I mean TWO characters... (both of them technically being the same person at that XD)

Doesn't even need to be Ridley. Just anyone at this point... heck MAKE A METROID A FIGHTER SAKURAI! GIVE US SOMETHING >_<

To be honest I would prefer Rundas tho

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
And Metroid... I mean TWO characters... (both of them technically being the same person at that XD)

Doesn't even need to be Ridley. Just anyone at this point... heck MAKE A METROID A FIGHTER SAKURAI! GIVE US SOMETHING >_<

With Ridley permanently screwed, there aren't many choices for Metroid. All I can think of is a cloney Dark Samus, with phazon replacing Samus' fire.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

The problem Metroid has is that all viable characters not in the game in some form are One time characters with little importance to the series.
Sylux - Only in Hunters.
Trace - Only in Hunters.
Rundas - Only in Corruption.

Meanwhile the two most viable characters are a (dreadful) stage hazard (Ridley - Killed Samus' Mother, leads Space Pirates, Main Antagonist of series) and an assist trophy (Dark Samus - Phazon version of Samus, Main Antagonist of Prime Trilogy).

Dark Samus will have the problem of possibly being a clone despite the assist trophy having very unique moves. The Phazon Spikes? Great D-Smash material.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
With Ridley permanently screwed, there aren't many choices for Metroid. All I can think of is a cloney Dark Samus, with phazon replacing Samus' fire.
Well Dark Samus is out.. as she is an assist trophy, and as far as we know at the moment, we don't know if they Sakurai would be willing to jump that fence to get a character in.. (I mean I'm sure there could be work arounds but..)

As of right now, the main two metroid characters in this are Rundas, of Metroid Prime 3, and Sylux of Metroid Prime Hunters (that I know of at least)

The problem Metroid has is that all viable characters not in the game in some form are One time characters with little importance to the series.
Sylux - Only in Hunters.
Trace - Only in Hunters.

Meanwhile the two most viable characters are a (dreadful) stage hazard (Ridley - Killed Samus' Mother, leads Space Pirates, Main Antagonist of series) and an assist trophy (Dark Samus - Phazon version of Samus, Main Antagonist of Prime Trilogy).

Dark Samus will have the problem of possibly being a clone despite the assist trophy having very unique moves. The Phazon Spikes? Great D-Smash material.
Say... you know what would make for an interesting character? A Chozo..

I mean they are prominent throughout the series.. and they seem like they would be powerful. They do seem like they wouldn't have that much material to work with... but then again, Sakurai has pulled full movesets out of thin air before (*cough* Captain Falcon *cough*)

I just wish there was something... Metroid needs some love :/

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Sakurai contradicts himself a lot. Either that, or a lot of people at Nintendo just constantly chuck money in his direction every time he says something they don't want to hear (poor guy will be working until he dies at his own desk). Or, he just wants to keep things a surprise, but jerks like us constantly ruin everything for him. xD

Seeing as Ryu and Roy ARE mentioned in the game files, they should have at least started working on them. Wolf will probably take no time at all (I'm very certain he'll be around by E3 for the Star Fox game), so we should expect Roy shortly after him.

Of course, that's just a theory. A SMASH theory.
He also said there wouldn't be characters from fighting games. What a freaking joker.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the reason we haven't seen Metroid for a while is because they're trying to expand it. Y'know, flesh it out with more interesting characters and everything. Or maybe even a full REBOOT. After all, Samus can only be young for so long...
He also said there wouldn't be characters from fighting games. What a freaking joker.
Nobody really knows for sure at this point. Everything is mostly hypothetical. But seeing as that they ARE mentioned in the game's code... * shrugs *

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Sylux - Only in Hunters.
Trace - Only in Hunters.

Frankly I think the playable characters from Metroid should be: Samus, Ridley, and Dark Samus. Kraid would make a much better stage hazard (He would sit in the background and occasionally shoot spikes from his belly at players), a much less intrusive one at that. The other Hunters such as Rundas would be better as assist trophies as they have lesser roles in their games.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Ridley or no one imo for Metroid Reps.

No one comes close to Ridley for Metroid other than...

Samus...
Welp. Since it doesn't feel like that will happen soon... Lets look forward to uh... Fusion Suit samus joins the fight? Cause yep. We all know fans want a Me myself and I metroid line up.... hoo-rah...

Frankly I think the playable characters from Metroid should be: Samus, Ridley, and Dark Samus. Kraid would make a much better stage hazard (He would sit in the background and occasionally shoot spikes from his belly at players), a much less intrusive one at that. The other Hunters such as Rundas would be better as assist trophies as they have lesser roles in their games.
I think he has been in the series before right? Wasn't he technically a hazard in the Brinstar depths stage?

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I'll agree with you about roy but ryu and king k rool will be great announcments at e3
I don't think K.Rool will be ready by then (that is, if we put in the effort to convince the developers). I predict Wolf and Roy.

MAYBE Ryu, depending on how many people are working right now. And if he even is coming.
Welp. Since it doesn't feel like that will happen soon... Lets look forward to uh... Fusion Suit samus joins the fight? Cause yep. We all know fans want a Me myself and I metroid line up.... hoo-rah...

I think he has been in the series before right? Wasn't he technically a hazard in the Brinstar depths stage?
Brinstar Depths was a fun stage. I would have loved to see it in Smash 3DS.

Paraka

Smash Rookie
Sylux - Only in Hunters.
Trace - Only in Hunters.
Actually, there is an ending in MP3 where Sylux is present in some form. So he has that going for him.

... Which, sadly, ain't much more.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I don't think K.Rool will be ready by then (that is, if we put in the effort to convince the developers). I predict Wolf and Roy.

MAYBE Ryu, depending on how many people are working right now. And if he even is coming.

Brinstar Depths was a fun stage. I would have loved to see it in Smash 3DS.
yeah but they could put a trailer for king k rool similar to :4mewtwo: first trailer.Roy and wolf seem like direct charcters to me

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Actually, there is an ending in MP3 where Sylux is present in some form. So he has that going for him.

... Which, sadly, ain't much more.
It's only speculated to be Sylux as far as I'm aware. I don't think there's been official confirmation from Retro saying "Yep. That's Sylux in the ending there."
Granted I think it's Sylux but there hasn't been official word so I don't count it.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Yeah, but he was just kinda there. The stage could have rotated on it own for all I care. An actual Kraid hazard would be better. Now if only Kraid got into a new Metroid game, and for a new game to make a Ridley that is easier to resize.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
It's only speculated to be Sylux as far as I'm aware. I don't think there's been official confirmation from Retro saying "Yep. That's Sylux in the ending there."
Granted I think it's Sylux but there hasn't been official word so I don't count it.
Yep. For all we know Dark Samus could have some how in gods name survived the destruction of the main planet and the source of phazon... frankly I dunno how she would do it... but she has recovered from crazy circumstances before... (Like the collapse of Darth Aether for example)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sylux - Only in Hunters.
Trace - Only in Hunters.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Even though it probably won't happen, I'd rather see our king get a cg trailer.
Not at E3 though. We gotta keep voting for K.Rool and keep him floating on top of all the other forums out there. Then, when the ballot is over, we may finally receive him.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I was saying the samething, then I remembered Nintendo has 4 marios in MK8, and 8 peaches (Including peach, baby peach, cat peach, pink gold peach, brown peach, baby brown peach, space peach, baby space peach

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So I'm happily playing DK64 today on VC and I just thought id share some words with my fellow Kutthroats today!

I know all this Ryu and Roy stuff is getting us all in a tizzy but seriously think about it like this...

Roy is ONLY coming back because he's popular with Japanese players and he has some supporters in the states too but notice that he's coming back much like Mewtwo

Ryu is apparently coming and while I'm not HUGE fan of Ryu (Blanka all day!!!) it's cool to see the SF series possibly making a cameo in Smash. SF is huge and what better way to honor Smash as a serious fighter than putting a humongous fighting game icon in as a guest fighter. Sure he's Capcom like Megaman but I don't think Sakurai and Co. are thinking of it as 2 Capcom reps they are thinking about 2 deserving guest stars. Plus I'm a big fan of SF2 and hearing some music from it in Smash would be awesome.

Then we have The Big guy King K. Rool the one we all love and want to see. These two characters have ZERO effect on his chances this is what the ballot is for. To prove to Nintendo who WE want what the fans are looking for. Get all that "this and that character getting in before this or that character" stuff out of your heads and keep voting K.Rool. I honestly don't think Sakurai hates DK I mean look at what he did give to us so far! It may be little things but it's still something! Kremlings in Smash Run is HUGE! They haven't been around in a while but Sakurai brought them back! He put them in right alongside the tiki enemies so he clearly sees them in the same light! He made Donkey Kongs cheer in the game part of the DK rap! He put the King in the game as a trophy! Plus the DK trophies are rather impressive! Sure we didn't get any assist trophies but think about it maybe he didn't want to oust any possible Kongs as playable characters, always look at things from multiple views. Keep the faith and keep up the votes #KrocTheVote and long live the King! Sorry for the book :p

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I've been playing some heavy Characters recently and I'm getting hyped for K.Rool now though I do prefer Glass Canon characters I'm starting to love the power behind each attack of the heaves so ya I'm a supporter

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
See I actually liked Anthony. He was pretty much the only character worth anything in Other M.
That isn't saying much given Samus got her character assassinated and everyone else was bland as hell. Anthony was a sub-par character surrounded by even worse characters that made him seem better than he was.

Top Bottom