• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
I would like to mention that when I said villains, I meant big ones that reoccur/relevant to their series. Characters like K. Rool, Ridley and Wolf. Perhaps even Medusa(remove Dark Pit) and Porky given that they are reoccurring and relevant to their series. One off characters would not be ones to add in.

I forgot to mention how much I wound up liking this song. See, K. Rool has become paranoid about why he isn't in Smash Bros already.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Now that I think about it, "Ryu" could be a generic name and not specifically referring to the one from Street Fighter (the world means "Dragon", after all), which means that it could be any draconic character.

maybeit'sridley?:p

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I dunno. I'm not super big on the "we need lots and lots of villains" idea. Because when it comes to important, recurring villains, after K. Rool and Ridley, who are you really left with? Vaati? Andross? Dark Samus? That's not to knock on any of these character ideas, but I'd rather just see important characters get added, period, regardless of their evilness.
Well there's always Dr. Eggman and Gruntilda (assuming if Banjo-Kazooie ever got in first) to name a few. Maybe General Scales from Star Fox Adventures could work too.

StormC

Smash Hero
Eggman would be pretty awesome.

You guys playing as Mewtwo yet? Speaking as someone who was initially indifferent to his return due to his poor play in Melee, I am pleasantly surprised. His attacks have a lot more punch to them and he feels slightly faster.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Eggman would be pretty awesome.

You guys playing as Mewtwo yet? Speaking as someone who was initially indifferent to his return due to his poor play in Melee, I am pleasantly surprised. His attacks have a lot more punch to them and he feels slightly faster.
How'd you get him? I already downloaded the code for Wii U, even saw it fully load the data just before the game started and I did'nt find him on the roster. The 3-DS e-shop was giving me a hard time trying to download the code for him as well.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Getting him on the Wii U is pretty tricky. Once I downloaded the code, I exited the game completely, then opened it again and got the loading screen, and he was there once that finished. You'll get a screen saying "Mewtwo joins the battle!" when you fire up the game.

For 3DS I just put in the code in the Smash shop and he showed up.

StormC

Smash Hero
Why would they put in these files months before the actual data gets added? And what are the chances that it's just one dude who has found this so far?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why would they put in these files months before the actual data gets added? And what are the chances that it's just one dude who has found this so far?
Good point. It was not that I didn't know, though, for I just wanted to make sure.

And Ryu? You gotta be kidding me! I thought Sakuari said one third party character per company, or something like that, right?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm not actually believing the Ryu thing in Smash... Capcom already has their mascot in the game;.. and Sakurai already stated that he had no interest to bring characters from other fighting games,...

If Ryu gets a trophy or his theme, would be fine to me...

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Getting him on the Wii U is pretty tricky. Once I downloaded the code, I exited the game completely, then opened it again and got the loading screen, and he was there once that finished. You'll get a screen saying "Mewtwo joins the battle!" when you fire up the game.

For 3DS I just put in the code in the Smash shop and he showed up.
Thanks. :)

By the way, it's very likely that K. Rool could get a new design for Smash Bros. DLC being how I just looked at Mewtwo's trophy which was already in the game and his recent trophy that I just unlocked with him in Classic Mode, both are very different in posture and detail. The descriptions about them are also different.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Might be fake. But its not impossible that is true.
And less adversaries for our King to defeat (after all I'd rather have Roy as a side addition over as a ballot winner).

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
One thing I was really hoping to see on the DLC Shop was a "Stages" tab.

Le' sigh...

EDIT: I really liked the "Packs" tab though. Maybe after a while (when we eventually get four DLC veterans), there'll be a "Veterans Pack" or something, released for a cheaper price.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Honestly, the way I am choosing to see it is that if this is true and it means both characters are coming in rather than stages/extra themes, it simply means less DLC characters. The ballot has only been going a fortnight. It's likely too early to be seeing anything from that yet in development, let alone data from them being added in to an update that will likely have been in testing around the time the ballot was announced. Timing wise it just doesn't seem to match up.

So in the end I view these characters as surplus to any we get out of the ballot if they are indeed coming. I won't lie and say I care for having Roy back at all, but at least at present I'm not feeling as if he's stepping on the toes of any character I particularly want, so I will simply not buy the character and let his fans enjoy his return. Ryu is less of a case of this as he wouldn't be a clone and would involve more time for licensing but he's a character I wouldn't mind the addition of and would buy. Either way I think this is too early to complain either character is impacting upon our Kings chances.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
D
So in case you didn't know, Andre and Derrick from GameXplain both listed K. Rool as #3 on their top 5 most wanted characters for dlc list. Ash didn't have him on his list because he doubted how iconic K. Rool is but agreed that he could have an interesting moveset.
Doubts how iconic K. Rool is but wants shovel knight and the chorus boys...

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
the character select screen is obviously different now, there's only one room for one more character which is Lucas. I think they're going to add another page if they decide to add more characters. And I'm sure we'll get some new stages with the new characters.

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
One thing I was really hoping to see on the DLC Shop was a "Stages" tab.

Le' sigh...

EDIT: I really liked the "Packs" tab though. Maybe after a while (when we eventually get four DLC veterans), there'll be a "Veterans Pack" or something, released for a cheaper price.

Dk pack with Gangplank Galleon , K Rool and dixie incoming :warioc:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
the character select screen is obviously different now, there's only one room for one more character which is Lucas. I think they're going to add another page if they decide to add more characters. And I'm sure we'll get some new stages with the new characters.
I don't think they'll add another page, I think they'll just expand the roster.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I too believe they will add another page. Whether it ends up being for characters or stages due to the leaked pictures of the "Arrows" on the 3DS version.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
After downloading Mewtwo I can confirm, he is indeed in the All-Star group of 1998-1994. This is the only group you will fight with *8* characters in it until Lucas is released that is.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Mother 3 was released in 2006
Yes I know that and UNTIL Lucas is released for his respective group. 1998-1994 will be the only fight with *8* characters in All-Star.

Edit: I realize I word things confusing sometimes, but I don't mean to :p

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, I'd imagine a new page might be advisable if the roster becomes too big. Those arrows have gotta exist for a reason, y'know?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
But as far as we're aware, the arrows DON'T exist on the Wii U version.
I have always thought of it as the Wii U version not even needing arrows. Could be some drop down box or they could minimize the boxes on Wii U and we would still be able to see them. 3DS makes sense that it would be the only one to have DLC arrows due to that screen being WAY smaller than a huge TV.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
So... if we get K. Rool would they split the 1994-1998 part of all star mode?
That is a great question...:confused: and I'd love to know the answer to..ugh. I have been wondering that exact thing for awhile. The only thing I can see happening if they don't do what you said is just having him in there too, since it seems that the game just loads the next character into the fight no matter what. I am assuming there is no 8 character limit to the screen in All-Star, because now that Mewtwo is in the 1998-1994 group; Technically there are 9 characters (8npcs' & 1 player) that will be loaded during that match. So I am sure if the DLC makes it so one All-Star match has 9-10 characters you have to face, it will work the same.

Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Wait.... Am I getting this right? So Roy and Ryu from Street Fighter are the guys who won the smash ballot? If that's the case, than this would be pretty lame.... Ryu would be okay, but Roy? I mean we can vote for any character right? K. Rool, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Prof. Layton, Banjo, Bayonetta and so one. And than most people are giving their votes to a guy, who we all ready had the chance to play as and will be probably another Marth clone?

Guess people are right when they say, that costumers do not won't anything new, just the same thing over and over again.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Looking at the way this mode is set up. They very well could have 10 characters in 1 match.
hqdefault.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing King K. fight next to Mewtwo at all if he was added :).

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wait.... Am I getting this right? So Roy and Ryu from Street Fighter are the guys who won the smash ballot? If that's the case, than this would be pretty lame.... Ryu would be okay, but Roy? I mean we can vote for any character right? K. Rool, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Prof. Layton, Banjo, Bayonetta and so one. And than most people are giving their votes to a guy, who we all ready had the chance to play as and will be probably another Marth clone?

Guess people are right when they say, that costumers do not won't anything new, just the same thing over and over again.
If the leak is true, it would me they were decided and worked on before the ballot.

Roy being there despite being a clone means they really are taking popularity into account, as he had an absurd amount of requests in Japan.

:231:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

As FalKoopa said, this is far too early to be from the ballot. This "leak" is bits of data (soundfiles) mined from the latest patch for the 3DS game that came with Mewtwo. That patch would have had to have had a decent amount of internal testing. Given that the ballot has been running for 2 weeks, and the internal testing is likely not noticeably shorter than that, there is no realistic way they would have decided the winners from the ballot running up until October within the couple of days maximum they had to then add said data to the patch.

What this means is that if these two characters are coming, they're really surplus to whatever you expect from the ballot and not really worth complaining about even if you do dislike them. I certainly have very strong feelings about Roy, but there is a large group of people who like him (especially in Japan) and he isn't stepping on the toes of anyone in the ballot so I don't see the point worrying about it. As for Ryu, I honestly think he's a pretty cool addition that I would have no qualms buying if this turns out to be true.

Regardless, no effect on ballot DLC. Everybody should stop worrying and get back to voting for K Rool.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
As FalKoopa said, this is far too early to be from the ballot. This "leak" is bits of data (soundfiles) mined from the latest patch for the 3DS game that came with Mewtwo. That patch would have had to have had a decent amount of internal testing. Given that the ballot has been running for 2 weeks, and the internal testing is likely not noticeably shorter than that, there is no realistic way they would have decided the winners from the ballot running up until October within the couple of days maximum they had to then add said data to the patch.

What this means is that if these two characters are coming, they're really surplus to whatever you expect from the ballot and not really worth complaining about even if you do dislike them. I certainly have very strong feelings about Roy, but there is a large group of people who like him (especially in Japan) and he isn't stepping on the toes of anyone in the ballot so I don't see the point worrying about it. As for Ryu, I honestly think he's a pretty cool addition that I would have no qualms buying if this turns out to be true.

Regardless, no effect on ballot DLC. Everybody should stop worrying and get back to voting for K Rool.
It's still stupid.

5 Fire Emblem characters.

2 DK characters

1 Metroid character. (No, Sakurai, ZSS doesn't count.)

Seems legit.

Top Bottom