• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So in case you didn't know, Andre and Derrick from GameXplain both listed K. Rool as #3 on their top 5 most wanted characters for dlc list. Ash didn't have him on his list because he doubted how iconic K. Rool is but agreed that he could have an interesting moveset.

Dan

Smash Lord
I think this is the character who will win the fan vote, and ultimately be included as the next DLC character.

Ridley seems to be losing a considerable amount of steam in polls and whatnot, and even he won the fan-vote, who knows if he would even be included since Sakurai basically banished him for life in that interview.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ridley's inclusion as a boss (again) should honestly be enough to keep anyone from reasonably believing he has a chance at being DLC, but I guess like Ridley, his supporters won't go down without a fight.

Dan

Smash Lord
Ridley's inclusion as a boss (again) should honestly be enough to keep anyone from reasonably believing he has a chance at being DLC, but I guess like Ridley, his supporters won't go down without a fight.
I know. Did they ever state if assist trophies/boss characters are even a possibility? They should've been more clear on that.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The guys at my College told me that it isn't right for Donkey Kong to only have two characters whereas Fire Emblem has 4. I agree that Donkey Kong should have at least 2 characters, but that has no merit on Fire Emblem to me.

StormC

Smash Hero
If you want to play Franchise Wars Fire Emblem having four characters is pretty silly but one of them was a last minute clone so eh. Just a matter of Sakurai not having his priorities together (no new stages on 3DS for certain series, etc.).

Linkjge

Smash Rookie
I'm no expert, but how do you remove bot voting from the stats?
"I made a bot of my own to root out duplicate votes. If the bots were voting in a way that was indistinguishable to normal votes, then yeah, there are bot votes in there. But then I wouldn't have even known, would I? Besides, if they're not exhibiting a distinct trend towards skewing the votes in one way or another, then there isn't really much harm in leaving them in."

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If you want to play Franchise Wars Fire Emblem having four characters is pretty silly but one of them was a last minute clone so eh. Just a matter of Sakurai not having his priorities together (no new stages on 3DS for certain series, etc.).
That is not my view point. That is what my colleagues told me, but they mainly want Bayonetta. Their view on Fire Emblem does not reflect my own.

Troykv

Smash Master
I made a video of king k rool for the smash bros ballot! Please I ask everyone to go check it out! Share with other k rool supporters and communities! We won't stop till our crocodile king is here! Long Live The King!

I think people make much fuss about a filler

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Imagine if all of the people who still want Ridley would help King K. RoOls cause. It would give us a *BIG* stimpack boost for sure!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Pretty random but would anyone else like to see new alt. skins for some characters? I think Dry Bowser and Kaptain K. Rool would look pretty cool together as a team.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh dear, poor Daisy. :laugh:

I'm quite surprised that Isaac managed to edge out K. Rool. That's not a small feat.

:231:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
GameFAQs' Daeyrat put out a superb series of K. Rool moveset illustrations. They cover a lot of his unique options through custom specials, and do a fantastic job at conveying personality through the standard attacks to boot.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
GameFAQs' Daeyrat put out a superb series of K. Rool moveset illustrations. They cover a lot of his unique options through custom specials, and do a fantastic job at conveying personality through the standard attacks to boot.

I'd still prefer either the kannonball drop or Blast'O Matic as his finishing move, other then that everything else looks solid.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Looks solid and fits the attitude of the Sneaky King.

Troykv

Smash Master

Looks cool.

I wish he had some of these movemenst that could appear in Smash.

Last edited:

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
I was about to post here.

Personally, what inspired me to share my ideas was the Zoning aspect of the character.
Tilt Blunderbluss would shot a slow cannonball. Smash Side B would shot a fast one. This way, the player could impersonate K.Rool and create his own obstacle course, similar to what K.Rool did to us in DKC2.

Mixing different specials would generate a situations that no other zoner could so far AND make the player feel like K. Rool himself. Imagine a Klaptrap Release + 2 Slow Cannonballs + Fast Cannonball + Barrel Blast.

StormC

Smash Hero
Pretty random but would anyone else like to see new alt. skins for some characters? I think Dry Bowser and Kaptain K. Rool would look pretty cool together as a team.
Stuff like Dry Bowser and Masked Dedede seems like such a no brainer I honestly can't believe they were passed up.

But yes, I'd definitely love more character alts. Much rather them than Mii outfits.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I was about to post here.

Personally, what inspired me to share my ideas was the Zoning aspect of the character.
Tilt Blunderbluss would shot a slow cannonball. Smash Side B would shot a fast one. This way, the player could impersonate K.Rool and create his own obstacle course, similar to what K.Rool did to us in DKC2.

Mixing different specials would generate a situations that no other zoner could so far AND make the player feel like K. Rool himself. Imagine a Klaptrap Release + 2 Slow Cannonballs + Fast Cannonball + Barrel Blast.
Sounds promising, but what would you do to make sure it is balanced?

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
A good number of Ridley fans are also King K. Rool fans and vice versa. They tend to overlap with one another.
This is my case. I'm all about adding more villains into Smash. Smash 4 really seemed to focus on adding more females. Smash 5 should focus on adding villains, because who doesn't want to play as the bad guys for once? Also if a game focused on adding villains, it would be easy to make a story mode for it. As it could have all of the villains teaming up to take down the whole Smash cast.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Sounds promising, but what would you do to make sure it is balanced?
I don't think he would be that much stronger than Custom Samus, DHD or Bowser Jr. Also, he still needs good aerial game to survive in this game. If he can't gimp and shares Ganondorf's recovery power, he wouldn't be a problem.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't think he would be that much stronger than Custom Samus, DHD or Bowser Jr. Also, he still needs good aerial game to survive in this game. If he can't gimp and shares Ganondorf's recovery power, he wouldn't be a problem.
Sounds good and makes me want the King even more.

StormC

Smash Hero
This is my case. I'm all about adding more villains into Smash. Smash 4 really seemed to focus on adding more females. Smash 5 should focus on adding villains, because who doesn't want to play as the bad guys for once? Also if a game focused on adding villains, it would be easy to make a story mode for it. As it could have all of the villains teaming up to take down the whole Smash cast.
I dunno. I'm not super big on the "we need lots and lots of villains" idea. Because when it comes to important, recurring villains, after K. Rool and Ridley, who are you really left with? Vaati? Andross? Dark Samus? That's not to knock on any of these character ideas, but I'd rather just see important characters get added, period, regardless of their evilness.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I dunno. I'm not super big on the "we need lots and lots of villains" idea. Because when it comes to important, recurring villains, after K. Rool and Ridley, who are you really left with? Vaati? Andross? Dark Samus? That's not to knock on any of these character ideas, but I'd rather just see important characters get added, period, regardless of their evilness.
Pretty much this. Its my same opinion on females, too.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Porky and Captain Syrup have a lot of potential. And maybe Medusa? But other than those three... yeah. I don't want them to start adding undesirable characters just because they fill an imaginary villain/female quota. The character should speak for itself. Remember, K. Rool is more than just a villain. Make sure you emphasize that whenever you submit your ballots.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, Porky makes a lot of sense. But with the MOTHER series finished, unless they get remade or something, I'd be surprised if they got any more characters in Smash. Syrup would be really cool too, but both Wario Land and Syrup seem to vanish as soon as they appear, unfortunately.

K. Rool's status as a villain is definitely just one piece of the puzzle. It does give him a unique category in terms of Smash characters, but it's FAR from the only thing he has to offer.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
The hard part is over.

Very WIP,obviously but it's more or less close to the finished product. Look out for his magic tail and incredible growing and shrinking gut.

I took some liberties with the original GIF so let me know what you think before I proceed. I'll need to smooth out the animation but I think it flows mostly well.
(I had to personalise it because it just didn't feel like it would be fitting for such a big lad like King K. Rool)

(Saved it at 0.1 speed on Photoshop for demo purposes)

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Speaking of that GameFAQs moveset. Im always glad that someone uses ideas from Sluggers and the Jungle Climber saga. Maybe they are not as iconic as the Rare era games. But, in the end, they were actual games that existed and the most recent with K. Rool on them.

On a different topic, same moveset. I'd rather avoid using the boxing gloves too much on K. Rool. Leave Little Mac to be the game's boxer. And K. Rool has two good hands he can make in form of fist. No helping it though if you want him to throw the glove like a boomerang or something.

But like always, great work in promoting K. Rool with movesets, fanart, and everything. Been a while since I made my "We Kan Do It" banner. I should do something new.

cybersai

Smash Ace
One thing I'm wondering is why the DK franchise got no new Assist Trophies at all. I would have been devastating to see K. Rool or Dixie as Assist Trophies so I'm glad we lucked out.

I think Cranky Kong would have been a good Assist Trophy though

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
One thing I'm wondering is why the DK franchise got no new Assist Trophies at all. I would have been devastating to see K. Rool or Dixie as Assist Trophies so I'm glad we lucked out.

I think Cranky Kong would have been a good Assist Trophy though
I'm kind of bummed there isn't an item that's like, an animal buddy crate, where one of the buddies comes out and does something. That'd be awesome.

So the Japanese ballot straight up said future games (or is it just future DLC in general, implying they'd use the ballot to make multiple characters) would be affected by the ballot, huh? Well, we better make ourselves look good, no matter what.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Now that the Japanese site brings that to mind. That makes me think they will save someone like King K. Rool for a 5th game, but at the same time, I don't see why they would wait. He is in extremely high demand right now..so just put him in already... I feel like THIS IS HIS CHANCE!!!.. There are going to be so many different Nintendo IPs between now and when the next Smash comes out in like 2020. If King K doesn't get in this time, I feel he never will UNLESS, of course, he gets re-added to the DK franchise spotlight in general, which I also feel IS indeed going to happen sooner than later.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think they would realize that BECAUSE K. Rool is such a huge fan favorite, he would be making them immediate money without there being some sort of obligation to wait for 5mash. As a character who hasn't been in the spotlight for a while, but DOES still maintain a loyal following, he is a perfect DLC choice.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Well its been a long time since ive been here but obviously this new push for K. Rool has brought me back and my hope again, Great work guys I dont think any other character that people are campaigning for to get into smash has the kind of support that everyone is giving here and elsewhere.

I dont understand why everyone says hes just another slow heavy character. I always thought and felt he was actually pretty quick. I especially in Donkey Kong Country the running move and the jump are not the most sluggish of moves. To me it was always what made his boss fight so hard and almost 'unpredictable'. He changed how most boss fights were like at the time and thats why you'll always see them in hardest or best boss fight lists.

It carries over to the other games as well like being propelled by the blunderbuss, the gyro copter and his running move again in 64. Maybe its just me though?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's true he's actually pretty quick. Takes me back to the Chunky part of the fight in DK64 where he'd rush you at full speed and make you **** yourself.

But either way, anyone who says he's "just another heavyweight" is just talking out of their ass anyway, especially since we don't have ENOUGH heavyweights as it is. Seriously, with the King, we'd have what, 5? 6? Out of 54 characters? HAH! Too many indeed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32nymz/smash_update_106_decrypted_first_observations/
Ok, so I just got the latest update decrypted, and I think I have some news which might be rather interesting.

First things first, new sounds. In /romfs/sound/bgm we have a slew of new sounds (and some old ones from prior updates since each update overwrites the other). The list is:

• snd_bgm_F27_AIR_MoriStage_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_H12_BW_Sentou_Zekrom_Reshiram_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_T09_SDX_PupupuLand_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_V01_PAC_PacMan_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z80_F_Mewtwo_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS.nus3bank
Now obviously the biggest sticklers are Ryu, Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas. Not sure who Ryu is (although if anyone does know, please tell). However, Roy most intrigued me. Did they update the koopa kid's sound for some reason? Or is there more?

So I converted the 4 sounds which most stuck out to me:

Most of these are victory screens, all but the first Ryu sound file which seems to be a new stage. Now here's the kicker: Roy's victory theme is the Fire Emblem victory theme.

Yes, we're getting Roy back guys!

I'll continue exploring around if I can, it's a bit late here unfortunately and I might not be back for a while though.

EDIT: I just looked into it, apparently Ryu is from Street Fighter

Holy... @PushDustIn Anyway to verify this?
Ryu though?

Top Bottom