• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee really is a weird one, seeing as he is basically just a regular enemy with a pointy stick and some headwear. Still, he's appeared surprisingly often now, and is a character of his own. The moveset potential is there, too.
Bandana dee seems like one of those troll votes tbh. There's already so much kirby representation at this point, I feel like he's the pick for people who don't know who to vote for considering how many favorites made it into Smash already.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Reposting from the Character Discussion thread.

Thoughts?
I will say there is no correlation between the spots left in the SSB4 Website and the DLC characters Nintendo is willing to let in. It seems to just be a GUI oversight.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if I can handle an animation with this much detail, but I'll love to do something to shut some mouths (principally on NeoGAF). =P .. soon I'll post a preview of what I'm planning.
Well, if you don't mind I'd like to give it a shot. I've got it opened on Photoshop (there's 20 frames in all it seems)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Aright guys.

I just purchased DKC1.

I only ever played this at other people's houses... it was never a game I owned or played more than a few minutes of at a time.

My life is about to change.

EDIT: ahhh yes, it has :idea::bluejump:

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Aright guys.

I just purchased DKC1.

I only ever played this at other people's houses... it was never a game I owned or played more than a few minutes of at a time.

My life is about to change.
It definately is man. Enjoy the atmosphere and OST as you play, my favorite aspects of the game. It was the FIRST game I played, at age 2, and I still own the cartridge and SNES I played it on, I'm 18 now.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well, if you don't mind I'd like to give it a shot. I've got it opened on Photoshop (there's 20 frames in all it seems)
Oh, no worries! Go ahead =); There's still a long work to me with all the moveset (I think I'll keep only Normals and Specials)

StormC

Smash Hero
Bandana dee seems like one of those troll votes tbh. There's already so much kirby representation at this point, I feel like he's the pick for people who don't know who to vote for considering how many favorites made it into Smash already.
He's pretty popular on Miiverse too. I dunno man. Like I said, when you look past K. Rool and Inkling, you are seriously dealing with some bottom-of-the-barrel stuff. Ridley is outruled, Dixie support is at an all-time low...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's only 3 songs, none of which remixed and about 3 trophies representing modern Kirby, BDee could fix that up, and considering how many people want other Mario characters I think we should get the Deesireable character

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I did have an idea for a K. Rool video, it would have to be live action though. Also, I really know nothing about shooting and editing film.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
He's pretty popular on Miiverse too. I dunno man. Like I said, when you look past K. Rool and Inkling, you are seriously dealing with some bottom-of-the-barrel stuff. Ridley is outruled, Dixie support is at an all-time low...
I think so many picks are "bottom of the barrel" sounding because people are bored and don't really know who to vote for anymore. All the "mainstream" smashers I'm referring to, like how VGBC Gimr said he'd like crash bandicoot in this game :p never going to happen. Like Inkling? Really? Games not even out yet. Other than K. Rool and maybe Isaac from Golden Sun, all other responses sound kind of silly for different reasons at this point, whether it be flat out stupid *shrek get's ogre* or just 3rd party wishing.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'd personally prefer not to have Bandana Dee.......Kirby has enough.

Just give DK more bring back wolf and add a newcomer to rep a different series and boom perfect.

StormC

Smash Hero
While it's true that Splatoon isn't out yet, it's also a new first party IP that could definitely be pushed to be part of the Nintendo family and gain prominence in a way most mid-tier and below franchises don't. That's why I see Inkling as a possible dark horse.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This is somewhat off-topic, but I figured I'd ask. I decided to pick up Donkey Kong Country 3 again, since I don't remember playing anything beyond the first boss, but the colours of the world map are all messed up (bright reds, greens, and blues - when I get into Wrinkly's Save Cave or a level, it's mostly fine, but the lighting is still off). Does anybody know a reliable way of cleaning Super NES cartridges?

I've seen tips online, but I figure a forum is a better place to ask since you can have a discussion and multiple ideas can be suggested.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, Mike from Mike Vs. here!
Last year we created a silly K Rool video that ended up being quite popular:
youtube.com/watch?v=KG8jBpNvRCE
(Can't post the actual link on this account)

With the newly announced Smash Bros Fighters Ballot, we're busy working a on a new video skit to create awareness of our Croc King! The hashtag we'll be using is:
#KrocTheVote

Filming starts in a few weeks, so should have it up towards the end of the month :)

Keep up the K Rool support guys!

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
While it's true that Splatoon isn't out yet, it's also a new first-party IP that could definitely be pushed to be part of the Nintendo family and gain prominence in a way most mid-tier and below franchises don't. That's why I see Inkling as a possible dark horse.
But I still can't sit here and believe, a character people have very little exposure too, like Inkling is going to make it. Maybe a MUCH LATER choice early 2016 possibly but can't see it happening this year.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think we're gonna see any of the poll characters this year. Just Wolf.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay that vid was WAY better than expected, props! And welcome to the Kuttroaths and SWF!

Btw, everyone absolutely loves Diddy here. :4diddy:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

With the newly announced Smash Bros Fighters Ballot, we're busy working a on a new video skit to create awareness of our Croc King! The hashtag we'll be using is #crocthevote

Filming starts in a few weeks, so should have it up towards the end of the month :)

That is AWESOME! I saw your video when it released a few months back. Can't wait to see #crocthevote done justice by you guys! :)

StormC

Smash Hero
Maybe wolf and 1 more character. I doubt ONLY wolf will be taking up the space between june and 2016 by himself : ) gladly.
Really depends on when they start looking at the poll. Seeing how long Mewtwo took to make from scratch, I doubt they could decide on a newcomer, design, market, and release them between October and December. If they start looking earlier, it's definitely possible, but I'm not assuming it.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman

With the newly announced Smash Bros Fighters Ballot, we're busy working a on a new video skit to create awareness of our Croc King! The hashtag we'll be using is #crocthevote

You sir are a God send! Keep up the great work and we hope to see the video when it's up!

PokémonSpears

Smash Rookie
If they pick several characters for DLC, I really hope King K. Rool is one of them. I don't know why they have waited too long to add more DK characters in the game. Dixie and KK Rool should have been there since Brawl

StormC

Smash Hero

With the newly announced Smash Bros Fighters Ballot, we're busy working a on a new video skit to create awareness of our Croc King! The hashtag we'll be using is:
#KrocTheVote

The ending was my favorite part. Too bad that sound effect has been lost to time.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee really is a weird one, seeing as he is basically just a regular enemy with a pointy stick and some headwear. Still, he's appeared surprisingly often now, and is a character of his own. The moveset potential is there, too.
Bandana Dee has garnered a fan following for... whatever reason. That said I don't consider him a threat because he's a newer Kirby phenomenon, and we all know how much Sakurai LOVES to pull from modern Kirby. (Seriously I don't think there's ever been a Kirby stage from the post-Sakurai era of Kirby). His fanbase really isn't all that big either from what I can tell, they are just very outspoken.

I've always said that the reason that Bandana Dee is seen as the potenial 4th Kirby rep is NOT because he deserves it and such, but because there is literally no one else to pick

StormC

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee has garnered a fan following for... whatever reason. That said I don't consider him a threat because he's a newer Kirby phenomenon, and we all know how much Sakurai LOVES to pull from modern Kirby. (Seriously I don't think there's ever been a Kirby stage from the post-Sakurai era of Kirby).
Correct. Even the Nintendo 64-centric Melee didn't have a single Kirby 64 stage.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I want to throw rotten bananas and dung at them. See if those are "fresh enough for today's audience".

Seriously, **** them.
You'll never hear me talk about posts giving me cancer, but that definitely came close. IGN is the most full of **** site I've ever had the displeasure of viewing. **** them.

I mean, they pretty much hate anything good, though, so that's no surprise.

do you think that if the winner of the ballot is a newcomer that they would get an animation in their trailer like the rest of the newcomers? mewtwo and lucas didnt because they are veterans.

if so then it would be so hype to see dk and diddy fighting k rool on the galleon in an animation then for it to cue to gameplay.....i wonder what music they would use for the k rool trailer ,it would be nice if they made a new song but they most likely would use ship deck 2(ganplank galleon from brawl)....would a newcomer get their own stage?

and what do you think k rools entrance to a battle should be.

my ideas are
1. he is already on the stage but is playing dead,then you hear the "womp" "womp" " womp" then he springs back up onto his feet ready for battle.

2. you hear the familiar first few notes of the ganplank galleon theme and then he comes crashing down onto the stage from the top of the screen.

thats all my ideas for now.

seeing all the support for k rool, fanart and all the good news just makes me smile.....it has me all giddy....i feel like we will finnaly be victorious after so many years of waiting(since melee).......soon k rool will have his finest hour and so shall we.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Hard to say if new characters will get a cutscene. Mewtwo however was pretty close to being a new character and didn't get one, so eh. They don't have the resources they did for making the game proper.

As for his entrance, I would like what he did for DKC1, simply landing from the sky on both feet.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
do you think that if the winner of the ballot is a newcomer that they would get an animation in their trailer like the rest of the newcomers? mewtwo and lucas didnt because they are veterans.

if so then it would be so hype to see dk and diddy fighting k rool on the galleon in an animation then for it to cue to gameplay.....i wonder what music they would use for the k rool trailer ,it would be nice if they made a new song but they most likely would use ship deck 2(ganplank galleon from brawl)

and what do you think k rools entrance to a battle should be.

my ideas are
1. he is already on the stage but is playing dead,then you hear the "womp" "womp" " womp" then he springs back up onto his feet ready for battle.

2. you hear the familiar first few notes of the ganplank galleon theme and then he comes crashing down onto the stage from the top of the screen.

thats all my ideas for now.

seeing all the support for k rool, fanart and all the good news just makes me smile.....it has me all giddy....i feel like we will finnaly be victorious after so many years of waiting(since melee).......soon k rool will have his finest our and so shall we.
Kinda doubt we'll get an animated trailer tbh. I'd love it, but I don't think they'd go through the effort, those things must have been hard to make. That said my idea for a trailer would be that Mario and DK are fighting Bowser, and Bowser is getting his butt kicked, until you see a krown fly across the screen and hit the two of them. It zooms in on K. Rool, shows his entry card, and proceeds to gameplay. Idk, I'm not super creative, but it could totally work

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
An animated cutscene would be phenomenal, but I seriously doubt that's the case. So far, it does definitely seem like Inkling is the toughest opponent here (upcoming game, great fan backing, etc.) However, I'm not sure if Nintendo would be willing to have a character based on a game that would be barely out. They may want to test the waters to determine how many people actually bought Splatoon first. If they determine a character before the end of May to start working on, then may go straight to K. Rool (or Isaac, depending on how well he's doing)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just voted for the Kroc King of Kremlings.

I hope this voting streak kontinues until our Kaptain appears!

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool doesn't have a TON of huge competiton. But the thing is that the ballot likely wouldn't result in just one character. We'll probably get like 3 characers out of the thing, so we should be fine. The major threats are probably Inkling, Isaac, and Dixie. Maybe someone else since the ballot is pretty young, but a lot of the highly voted for characters like Ice Climbers, Snake, Shovel Knight, Banjo, Ridley, etc simply don't have a chance regardless of how many votes they get

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't see Dixie as a threat. The exit polls are all REALLY low for her. The only thing I can think of is she was already in the works and Sakurai signed off on any further DK characters.

The two Is are the heavyweights here. And Wolf, if he's somehow not already being made.

Last edited:
Top Bottom