• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Gangplank Galleon would be a great stage. Smash bros could really use a proper pirate ship.
Agreed, I actually would'nt mind some stage hazards on that too, like have some Kritters come on every now and then to drop some canonballs or klaptraps on the players lol.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Well we know Sak hasn't planned any DLC, so no that wouldn't be the reason. He also didn't mind having two Mario Kart stages.
There's a difference between having two stages based on the Mario Kart franchise and having two stages that share the exact same archetype. It also wouldn't be the first time Sakurai hasn't told the truth. What's he supposed to say? That they started working on DLC before the game came out? Even though it was most likely the case, nobody wants to feel cheated out of content. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo deliberately held characters back so they could make more money. How would you feel about this?

Donkey Kong Expansion Pack

Release date: December 1st, 2015
Suggested retail price: $9.99

1. King K. Rool as a playable character
2. Dixie Kong as a playable character
3. Rambi as an Assist Trophy
4. Gangplank Galleon as a new stage (both versions)
5. Big Ape City as a new stage (3DS exclusive)
6. Frozen Isles as a new stage (Wii U exclusive)
7. New arrangements of the following music tracks: Gangplank Galleon, Fear Factory, Jib Jig, Lockjaw's Saga, Snakey Chantey
8. More Tropical Freeze audio rips, including: Busted Bayou, Windmill Hills, Grassland Groove, Amiss Abyss, Seashore War
9. Lanky and Chunky verses added back to the DK Rap
10. Donkey Kong Country as a playable demo in the Masterpiece section

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There's a difference between having two stages based on the Mario Kart franchise and having two stages that share the exact same archetype. It also wouldn't be the first time Sakurai hasn't told the truth. What's he supposed to say? That they started working on DLC before the game came out? Even though it was most likely the case, nobody wants to feel cheated out of content. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo deliberately held characters back so they could make more money. How would you feel about this?

7. New arrangements of the following music tracks: Gangplank Galleon, Fear Factory, Jib Jig, Lockjaw's Saga, Snakey Chantey
8. More Tropical Freeze audio rips, including: Busted Bayou, Windmill Hills, Grassland Groove, Amiss Abyss, Seashore War
Me, to Nintendo/Sakurai upon this happening:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Oh, I would love all of this, especially with King K. Rool being playable and Big Ape City from Donkey Kong Land! I'd also be thrilled if Rambi would be an assist trophy as well. I always thought the cool rhino would be a good assist.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

It'd be a fast buy for me immediately. For tracks though, I'd replace the fear factory theme with crocodile cacaphony since I don't think it'd seem right on the ship but I love the rest.

Speaking of Gangplank Galleon, thought you guys might like to see me play it in action from my custom stage version. Sorry for the low quality but I think you can see it well enough.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

No way in a million years are we getting a package like that. Sakurai has said he's unsure about doing DLC because he thinks people will feel like they're paying extra for content that should have been in the original game. The game was really rushed as it was, I doubt that's because they also planned tons of DLC content.

The kart stages are very similar. We also have two jungle stages. We have two Pokemon arenas. Lots of stages share archetypes.

There are no 'big' characters left to deliberately hold back. Mewtwo is being used as a ploy to get people to buy both versions. Ridley is a boss. Megaman and Pacman would've been the DLC if they were deliberately holding back content for more money.

People seem to think DLC is guaranteed because of Mewtwo. Mewtwo isn't a precedent for DLC because he's being used for a different purpose than conventional DLC.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No way in a million years are we getting a package like that. Sakurai has said he's unsure about doing DLC because he thinks people will feel like they're paying extra for content that should have been in the original game. The game was really rushed as it was, I doubt that's because they also planned tons of DLC content.

The kart stages are very similar. We also have two jungle stages. We have two Pokemon arenas. Lots of stages share archetypes.

There are no 'big' characters left to deliberately hold back. Mewtwo is being used as a ploy to get people to buy both versions. Ridley is a boss. Megaman and Pacman would've been the DLC if they were deliberately holding back content for more money.

People seem to think DLC is guaranteed because of Mewtwo. Mewtwo isn't a precedent for DLC because he's being used for a different purpose than conventional DLC.
I know what you mean. I have thought that as well. THAT is why I am nervous about whether more DLC will created or not, and I am hoping that Sakurai does decide to make more. Though I do remember Sakurai saying that the Mewtwo DLC was going to be a "foothold in content distribution", which means, if I have it down correctly, that the Mewtwo DLC is a testing kind of phase in the whole DLC thing.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I know what you mean. I have thought that as well. THAT is why I am nervous about whether more DLC will created or not, and I am hoping that Sakurai does decide to make more. Though I do remember Sakurai saying that the Mewtwo DLC was going to be a "foothold in content distribution", which means, if I have it down correctly, that the Mewtwo DLC is a testing kind of phase in the whole DLC thing.
If it does well (which I can guarantee it will, heck I know I'm downloading him) then I'm almost certain we can expect more DLC.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If it does well (which I can guarantee it will, heck I know I'm downloading him) then I'm almost certain we can expect more DLC.
Hopefully so. That said, like I said in the other Wolf thread, I'd say we should get as many people as we can to buy the Mewtwo DLC near the time it comes out. That could help convince Sakurai to add more DLC.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
It'd be a fast buy for me immediately. For tracks though, I'd replace the fear factory theme with crocodile cacaphony since I don't think it'd seem right on the ship but I love the rest.

Speaking of Gangplank Galleon, thought you guys might like to see me play it in action from my custom stage version. Sorry for the low quality but I think you can see it well enough.
Gangplank Galleon:

• Gangplank Galleon
• King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2
• Jib Jig
• Lockjaw's Saga
• Snakey Chantey

Big Ape City:

• Fear Factory
• Opening (Donkey Kong)

Frozen Isles:

• Seashore War
• Fear Factory
• Busted Bayou
• Windmill Hills
• Amiss Abyss

Grassland Groove moves to Kongo Jungle 64, and King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2 moves to Gangplank Galleon. Big Ape City inherits a track from 75m, which isn't yet in the 3DS version. Asking for remixed Donkey Kong Land music is too optimistic. Then again...

Sakurai is not the CEO of Nintendo. If Iwata wants DLC, we're getting DLC. Nintendo is not going to pass up a perfectly good opportunity to make a lot of money. They're struggling financially. Obviously an entire DKC themed pack isn't likely, but it's fun to speculate. As far as I'm concerned, Sakurai is an out of touch hack who doesn't know what the fans actually want. However, he's not stupid. Games that rely on fanservice (Smash) benefit heavily from DLC. Judging by Nintendo's recent attempts at milking their hardcore fans with frivolous additions like DLC, amiibos, and hardware revisions, I think DLC characters are not only likely, but are going to be a big part of Nintendo's fiscal strategy for Q4 2015 and beyond. Remember that eerie Smash 6 job posting from last year?

What do you mean, no "big" characters left? Both K. Rool and Dixie were highly requested, and nearly everybody was visibly upset over the removal of Wolf and Lucas. Those two were obviously cut due to time constraints, so I'm 99% sure that they're coming back. Whether they were intentionally held back is debatable, but Sakurai knows that fans will pay money for them regardless. Mega Man wasn't held back because he was THE most requested newcomer, and they needed something to generate hype. My theory is that certain characters were held back on purpose so they could get the game out before Christmas. K. Rool could be one of them.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
If Nintendo does not do more Smash Bros. DLC, then they're a pack of fools. The Wii U is still struggling, even with things like Smash Bros and Mario Kart. DLC would be a good way to wring a bit more money out of people, and they've shown they're willing to put out DLC with things like Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart. So really, not doing it for their big system seller would be like having a clown at a pie and seltzer convention that ends with him simply enjoying himself and going home.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If Nintendo does not do more Smash Bros. DLC, then they're a pack of fools. The Wii U is still struggling, even with things like Smash Bros and Mario Kart. DLC would be a good way to wring a bit more money out of people, and they've shown they're willing to put out DLC with things like Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart. So really, not doing it for their big system seller would be like having a clown at a pie and seltzer convention that ends with him simply enjoying himself and going home.
Legit the best analogy I have heard all day.

Considering how much DLC there is for Mario Kart and especially Hyrule Warriors, yeah, I think DLC is a pretty decent bet right now.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Finally managed to beat King K. Rool in Donkey Kong Country! It was a really fun experience which made me feel so much nostalgia, and the final battle was rather tough - cannonballs falling from above and K. Rool's leaps after the kredits aren't easy to dodge. It also made me want playable K. Rool in Smash even more! It's also really cool how Gangplank Galleon's theme is composed - the first part of the song doesn't take K. Rool seriously but it starts to show him as an actually challenging opponent as soon as he uses the cannonball rain. Obviously I'm going to download Diddy's Kong Quest very soon - for what I remember it was a rather hard game, then again it was probably because I was younger and I had much less platforming experience than today. I believe it had a much darker atmosphere than DKC1 too.

Kinda disappointed that we didn't get a Nintendo Direct this week, but I think there's a solid chance for one for the next week - my bet is for the 18th, given that we usually get Directs for Wednesday. Hopefully we will finally see gameplay footage of Mewtwo and Magikarp as a bonus joke character

Oh, and by the way, I wrote a Palutena's Guidance for King K. Rool, assuming of course that DLC characters will get their own guidance and not the currently unused one which I hope is only a placeholder for if the game is hacked/glitched and the fighter's index number can't be found in the game's data. Of course feedback is welcome!

Pit: Ugh! What's this monstrosity?!
Palutena: It's King K. Rool, the leader of the Kremlings. You shouldn't take him lightly, his strength combined with his insane personality make him a very dangerous opponent.
Viridi: All he aspires to is to eliminate the Kong family because he considers them as a nuisance for apparently no reason... and I'm sure he won't hesitate to crush you either. It's almost like he comes from the Underworld army.
Pit: Okay, you're not reassuring me... but that doesn't mean I don't have to do my best. He looks like he mostly uses his huge physical strength to fight, so I guess I just have to attack him from a distance with my arrows!
Palutena: Unfortunately for you it will not be that easy. He can throw his crown at you like a boomerang and use his blunderbuss to shoot many dangerous projectiles.
Viridi: He uses a blunderbuss even though he's obviously a physical juggernaut? Well, looks like he's not confident about his own strength. Pathetic.
Pit It's not really a problem anyway, if he throws away projectiles at me, I can just reflect them with my Guardian Orbitars!
Palutena: Yes, that's the best strategy against him. Once he's hit, approach him by taking care to not be crushed, and attack him as much as possible.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Finally managed to beat King K. Rool in Donkey Kong Country! It was a really fun experience which made me feel so much nostalgia, and the final battle was rather tough - cannonballs falling from above and K. Rool's leaps after the kredits aren't easy to dodge. It also made me want playable K. Rool in Smash even more! It's also really cool how Gangplank Galleon's theme is composed - the first part of the song doesn't take K. Rool seriously but it starts to show him as an actually challenging opponent as soon as he uses the cannonball rain. Obviously I'm going to download Diddy's Kong Quest very soon - for what I remember it was a rather hard game, then again it was probably because I was younger and I had much less platforming experience than today. I believe it had a much darker atmosphere than DKC1 too.

Kinda disappointed that we didn't get a Nintendo Direct this week, but I think there's a solid chance for one for the next week - my bet is for the 18th, given that we usually get Directs for Wednesday. Hopefully we will finally see gameplay footage of Mewtwo and Magikarp as a bonus joke character

Oh, and by the way, I wrote a Palutena's Guidance for King K. Rool, assuming of course that DLC characters will get their own guidance and not the currently unused one which I hope is only a placeholder for if the game is hacked/glitched and the fighter's index number can't be found in the game's data. Of course feedback is welcome!

Pit: Ugh! What's this monstrosity?!
Palutena: It's King K. Rool, the leader of the Kremlings. You shouldn't take him lightly, his strength combined with his insane personality make him a very dangerous opponent.
Viridi: All he aspires to is to eliminate the Kong family because he considers them as a nuisance for apparently no reason... and I'm sure he won't hesitate to crush you either. It's almost like he comes from the Underworld army.
Pit: Okay, you're not reassuring me... but that doesn't mean I don't have to do my best. He looks like he mostly uses his huge physical strength to fight, so I guess I just have to attack him from a distance with my arrows!
Palutena: Unfortunately for you it will not be that easy. He can throw his crown at you like a boomerang and use his blunderbuss to shoot many dangerous projectiles.
Viridi: He uses a blunderbuss even though he's obviously a physical juggernaut? Well, looks like he's not confident about his own strength. Pathetic.
Pit It's not really a problem anyway, if he throws away projectiles at me, I can just reflect them with my Guardian Orbitars!
Palutena: Yes, that's the best strategy against him. Once he's hit, approach him by taking care to not be crushed, and attack him as much as possible.
Hades: Don't you mean K-rushed?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hopefully, we will get a Direct this month. I'd say we are due for another Direct soon this month. Nice guidance, by the way.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hopefully, we will get a Direct this month. I'd say we are due for another Direct soon this month. Nice guidance, by the way.
Well, when you think about it, almost all of the games talked about in the last direct either have been released, or are being released VERY soon. Splatoon is the latest one, as its not until May. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and X are both in April, while the rest will be released by the end of this month. Splatoon is the only one I can see still being talked about in a new Direct.

They could plausibly do one in either March or April. My bets would be on April due to better timing, though. If they do it mid-April, they only have Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon left to release. Then they can talk about upcoming Summer releases. I feel like we'll be getting at least one DKC game this year; and when I say DKC, I mean specially Donkey Kong; not a Mario crossover game like Mario vs. Donkey Kong but a DKC spinoff featuring DK characters. Either DK64 3D, Diddy Kong Racing (not developed by Monster), or perhaps a Warriors spinoff based on DK (rather unlikely, but there's limited good options to pick from; Fire Emblem may still be just a bit too niche). DK64 3D is by far the most likely.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well, when you think about it, almost all of the games talked about in the last direct either have been released, or are being released VERY soon. Splatoon is the latest one, as its not until May. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and X are both in April, while the rest will be released by the end of this month. Splatoon is the only one I can see still being talked about in a new Direct.

They could plausibly do one in either March or April. My bets would be on April due to better timing, though. If they do it mid-April, they only have Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon left to release. Then they can talk about upcoming Summer releases. I feel like we'll be getting at least one DKC game this year; and when I say DKC, I mean specially Donkey Kong; not a Mario crossover game like Mario vs. Donkey Kong but a DKC spinoff featuring DK characters. Either DK64 3D, Diddy Kong Racing (not developed by Monster), or perhaps a Warriors spinoff based on DK (rather unlikely, but there's limited good options to pick from; Fire Emblem may still be just a bit too niche). DK64 3D is by far the most likely.
I would love a DK64 3-D game. I still hope the Diddy Kong Racing 2 rumor is confirmed to be true as well.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

That makes sense. Never did consider that before for some reason. Still, since that Mewtwo DLC Club Nintendo deadline thing is at the end of this month, there has to be some chance of at least Mewtwo DLC being talked about.

Oh, and DK64 3D would be sweet. I have always wanted to try out that game.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
This is a many months old at this point, but last July I drew a King K. Rool moveset, and I thought you folks might enjoy it.

I won't say it's the most original concept for K. Rool, seeing as how many others have had similar ideas, but I think it's in the right place. If there's any current Smash 4 character I'd say he's closest to in my mind, it'd probably be Bowser Jr., less for the use of boxing gloves and cannonballs, and more for the range and awkwardness mixed with weight and power.

I've also included the image here in case you don't feel like clicking the link above.

Attachments

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In other words, "I'm a spoiled kid that wants more so I'm going to use thinly veiled justifications so I'm in the right".

No, DLC is not going to magically improve sales, because actually making the content requires a budget to begin with, development no matter how small will still require money regardless. It's also harder to develop DLC simultaneously for two different games on very different hardware that also needs to be compatible with each other, ignoring the part that actually developing content in general takes time with designing, programming, bug testing, and in the context of characters and weapons balance.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord

I think we will get one and only one ND before E3, and I think it would make more sense to put one more month of wait for the period between the next ND and E3 than before the next ND. What I could see for a March or April Direct:

- a last bunch of infos about XCX with a release date outside of Japan;
- a last bunch of infos about Splatoon with a definitive release date for both Japan and overseas with the confirmation of the rumored Splatoon amiibo series;
- speaking of amiibos, wave 5 of Smash series amiibos (rumored to have Jigglypuff and Greninja in it);
- a short teaser for Starfox revealing very little to build hype;
- a new trailer for FE If;
- some new indie game showcased;
- Animal Crossing x Mario Kart trailer;
- SSB4 Mewtwo DLC trailer.

Also I really, really love the idea of a Warriors game based on Donkey Kong. Three words: Great. Ape. War. According to the DK Wiki it is mentioned in some DK games, though I found little else mentioned about it on the internet. If anyone could remind us in which quotes in which games are those facts are mentioned that would really be great. But due to how little I found about the Great Ape War outside of the DK Wiki I have a feeling that it's maybe just a fake made up by fans xD
And btw, I randomly found this Straw Poll while searching "Great Ape War" on Google: Retro Studios' Next Game (I'm not the creator, as already mentioned I randomly found it on Google)

And for DK64 3D, do you mean a port of DK64 for the 3DS, or a brand new 3D Donkey Kong game inspired by DK64? I guess you mean the former; while I love this game I have to admit it had some pacing issues (mostly because of those minigames required to complete in order to get golden bananas), and I think that making a new game inspired from it while putting the focus more on the platforming gameplay rather than collectible (there was a little too much of them) while keeping its non-linearity would be the best thing to do.

This is a many months old at this point, but last July I drew a King K. Rool moveset, and I thought you folks might enjoy it.

I won't say it's the most original concept for K. Rool, seeing as how many others have had similar ideas, but I think it's in the right place. If there's any current Smash 4 character I'd say he's closest to in my mind, it'd probably be Bowser Jr., less for the use of boxing gloves and cannonballs, and more for the range and awkwardness mixed with weight and power.

I've also included the image here in case you don't feel like clicking the link above.
Well, that's not exactly not how I imagine K. Rool in Smash, but his potential allows for so much creativity that it's very unlikely two persons will see him as a Smash fighter in the exact same way. The only thing I strongly disagree with is about the Blunderbuss: "The longer you charge the Blunderbuss, the more (randomized) projectiles it shoots out." No please no. I say this because I hate randomness in characters movesets. (Looking at you, Mr. Game & Watch! Or even worse, Brawl Olimar) IMO it detracts from the core gameplay of Smash Bros, if I want randomness I'll just play on a crazy stage like Gamer or put items on, and the Blunderbuss' multiple uses could easily be made as separate moves instead. For example:

- status cloud as neutral B with each variant as custom variation;
- generic cannonball as side smash;
- vacuum as grab;
- rocket movement as either a dash attack or a back aerial (like R.O.B.)

I think I'm going to post my concept for a King K. Rool moveset sooner or later like you did, however I suck at drawing (I promised myself to improve my drawing skills since about two months but I still have not tried xD) but at worst I could do my concept directly on my computer instead. It would be great to create a contest for a King K. Rool fan moveset, and ending it whenever K. Rool is confirmed for Smash, either as Smash 4 DLC or in a next gen Smash game, with the closest fan moveset from the official one being the winner. This obviously implies that K. Rool is going to become a playable newcomer sooner or later... but hopefully it's only a matter of when and not of if. Because ignoring K. Rool again and again would be a huge wasted opportunity.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
In other words, "I'm a spoiled kid that wants more so I'm going to use thinly veiled justifications so I'm in the right".

No, DLC is not going to magically improve sales, because actually making the content requires a budget to begin with, development no matter how small will still require money regardless. It's also harder to develop DLC simultaneously for two different games on very different hardware that also needs to be compatible with each other, ignoring the part that actually developing content in general takes time with designing, programming, bug testing, and in the context of characters and weapons balance.
Ad hominem attacks are not welcome here. I don't think anybody is "spoiled" for wanting to see downloadable content, especially since there probably won't be another Super Smash Bros. game for another 5+ years. The Smash series has one of the most dedicated fanbases in all of gaming. So yes, Nintendo would be tremendously foolish to not capitalize on this. You're preemptively defending them just in case DLC doesn't happen, which I find rather odd, since I'm almost 100% certain that it's going to happen.

Nobody ever said that creating new content doesn't require a budget. However, the amount of money they can potentially make far outweighs what it may cost to develop a handful of new characters. I mean, I don't have the logistics, but surely it must be profitable if other companies are doing it. Surely it must be profitable if Nintendo themselves are doing it for other games. :rolleyes:

Your list of specifications doesn't stop every other fighting game from getting copious amounts of DLC. What makes Smash any different? I could see them running into licensing issues for certain characters, but it should be smooth sailing from here on out. Unless they plan on including Rayman or something. Many potential newcomers already have HD ready character models thanks to the trophy gallery. New characters aren't the only thing I expect to see as DLC; they could introduce additional Assist Trophies and stages, which require far less work but would still help keep the game fresh for years to come. Fountain of Dreams in HD, anyone?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Both sides are wrong in various ways, let's just leave it at that and focus on the fat crocodile.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ad hominem attacks are not welcome here. I don't think anybody is "spoiled" for wanting to see downloadable content, especially since there probably won't be another Super Smash Bros. game for another 5+ years. The Smash series has one of the most dedicated fanbases in all of gaming. So yes, Nintendo would be tremendously foolish to not capitalize on this. You're preemptively defending them just in case DLC doesn't happen, which I find rather odd, since I'm almost 100% certain that it's going to happen.

Nobody ever said that creating new content doesn't require a budget. However, the amount of money they can potentially make far outweighs what it may cost to develop a handful of new characters. I mean, I don't have the logistics, but surely it must be profitable if other companies are doing it. Surely it must be profitable if Nintendo themselves are doing it for other games. :rolleyes:

Your list of specifications doesn't stop every other fighting game from getting copious amounts of DLC. What makes Smash any different? I could see them running into licensing issues for certain characters, but it should be smooth sailing from here on out. Unless they plan on including Rayman or something. Many potential newcomers already have HD ready character models thanks to the trophy gallery. New characters aren't the only thing I expect to see as DLC; they could introduce additional Assist Trophies and stages, which require far less work but would still help keep the game fresh for years to come. Fountain of Dreams in HD, anyone?
Having an HD model doesn't actually do anything, they'd still have to create a new model. But honestly, models are hardly a major part of development.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Having an HD model doesn't actually do anything, they'd still have to create a new model. But honestly, models are hardly a major part of development.
Having something to work with is better than having nothing at all.

Nothing at all.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay, so fat crocodile. Have we touched on what moves he might have for his customs?

• The Blunderbuss shot out a lot of different projectiles, so imagining customs for that isn't hard.
  • Helicopter Pack is an obvious Up B, but what else? Using a small replica of the Flying Krock might not be so far-fetched (imagine :snake:'s recovery except K. Rool is holding on to a ladder). And for a lack of ideas, this:
  • Krown Toss could be varied in speed or size or the distance it covers. Throwing a pirate hat would be awkward and the baron's wig is pushing it. :laugh:
  • Down-B ideas tend to be varied, so fire away!

:231:

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I don't know if this has been posted yet:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17deELX3QVDofXksu8roKCl_kyREFSThygPSoEVT2eNs/viewform
If you guys want your voice heard for DLC, this poll is your best source of action.
I highly recommend everyone in this thread to fill this out. I voted for my two most wanted DLC newcomers:
Rayman and King K. Rool.
Oh, and when you guys are done filling it out, spread it around to as many people as possible. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, other character threads on this site, and even those close by to you.
We need to have as many results on this poll as we can.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't know if this has been posted yet:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17deELX3QVDofXksu8roKCl_kyREFSThygPSoEVT2eNs/viewform
If you guys want your voice heard for DLC, this poll is your best source of action.
I highly recommend everyone in this thread to fill this out. I voted for my two most wanted DLC newcomers:
Rayman and King K. Rool.
Oh, and when you guys are done filling it out, spread it around to as many people as possible. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, other character threads on this site, and even those close by to you.
We need to have as many results on this poll as we can.
The poll actually started on on this site, so rest assured that most of us have voted in it already. Here's the link: http://smashboards.com/threads/41-have-not-played-project-m-world-smash-poll.393641/

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
The poll actually started on on this site, so rest assured that most of us have voted in it already. Here's the link: http://smashboards.com/threads/41-have-not-played-project-m-world-smash-poll.393641/

Regardless, I really want people to spread the word about this poll. We could use as many results as we can.

We need to show Nintendo that we shouldn't have to wait 5-6 years for new characters to be added when they could add them via DLC.

We need to spread the word about this poll.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Okay, so fat crocodile. Have we touched on what moves he might have for his customs?

• The Blunderbuss shot out a lot of different projectiles, so imagining customs for that isn't hard.
  • Helicopter Pack is an obvious Up B, but what else? Using a small replica of the Flying Krock might not be so far-fetched (imagine :snake:'s recovery except K. Rool is holding on to a ladder). And for a lack of ideas, this:
  • Krown Toss could be varied in speed or size or the distance it covers. Throwing a pirate hat would be awkward and the baron's wig is pushing it. :laugh:
  • Down-B ideas tend to be varied, so fire away!

Not sure if you've read the op because there are many many possibiliteis in that for down b, my favourites being a pikachu-esque down b but with a cannonball coming down and electricity placing from dkc3

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I've always imagined his final Smash being a cannonball rain like during the DKC boss fight.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Browsing Brawl hacks on YouTube, I found an...amusing one, to say the least.

Seeing the already fat Rool puff up made me split myself laughing.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman

He's not spoiled, it's true that in this day and age not doing dlc for your most popular games is basically throwing out money.

If anyone is foolish enough and behind the times enough when it comes to player expectations these days its Nintendo, so I could see them not doing dlc, but that's just another reason to shake your head and say no wonder they're struggling these days

Top Bottom