• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Don't mean to be nitpicky, but K. Rool actually fires at DK with the cannonballs. Point blank. I am sorry, but I don't ever recall Bowser ever torching Peach before you fight him. Goes to show how badass K. Rool truly is.
edit: and I am an idiot. Nevermind, he does both, hits and shoots. Damn son, you got some pent up anger.
Was about to post this, then saw the edit. But I'm gonna post it anyway because why not. He indeed does both.

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Part of the Smash for Wii U game description on Amazon includes the following:

Battle with a huge roster of Nintendo’s greatest heroes, villains, and more

I ought to file a complaint that the underlined portion is false advertising, heh.
To be fair, we do have Bowser, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr, Larry, Roy, Morton, Wendy, Lemmy, and Ludwig. But I agree, we need more villains.

D

Deleted member

Do we all agree on a general height for him? I know his size varies depending on the game, but I recall it being suggested that he'd be at least Bowser's size. Size is definitely an important factor for him. It's kind of hard not to be intimidated when you see him.
I'd say as tall as Donkey Kong with his back straight but still bending his knees (best comparison: pick DK against Bowser in Training, then Up Taunt next to him).
Keeps him reasonably bigger than DK when he's hunched over and Bowser while still being close enough to the rest of the cast to be feasible.

I would suggest making him completely upright DK height like some in-universe comparisons, but that's too tall.

Zynux

Smash Lord
This is an overall solid game.

The jumping physics is my only major complaint: took a while to get used to since I feel that are a bit too floaty. I feel that some of the hitboxes on the enemies are a bit weird too at times.

But otherwise, so far an awesome job, especially for one-man team.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
'Crown' section of the OP is updated. It basically details what could be done with K. Rool's trademark boomerang to set it apart from every other projectile in the game.

D

Deleted member

I've added MasterWarlord and kroconut to the Skype group. That brings us up to ten people. Glad to see that this group is expanding as time goes on. :)

Anyway I tried downloading the Donkey Kong Country fan game but it didn't work. It might have something to do with my dedication RAM being crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
oh my god...K.Rool's voice in 64 is awesome!
"Yeah! Yeah! Thank you, thank you!"

I love the grunts and noises he makes in the GBA remakes, too. As I said, the "Huh? Huh?!" sound he makes when you cause his blunderbuss to backfire and the scream he makes when he's electrocuted are just so adorably hilarious~

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
"Yeah! Yeah! Thank you, thank you!"

I love the grunts and noises he makes in the GBA remakes, too. As I said, the "Huh? Huh?!" sound he makes when you cause his blunderbuss to backfire and the scream he makes when he's electrocuted are just so adorably hilarious~
I think the DKC games had western cartoon humor because the developers were British.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Western is US, British isn't US
British is considered western. Basically all of North and South (I think) America and Europe is considered "West" with Asia making up the "East" more or less.

And then there's Australia.

EDIT: Ten-minute ninja'd.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well australias culture is pretty much western
I know, I was just pointing out that it's humorously off on its own, and geographically as "east" as Asia anyway, haha. Australia's always messing things up. :p Don't kill me, Luco or Aerodrome.

Jokes aside, which potential future director do you think would be most partial to adding K. Rool?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Jokes aside, which potential future director do you think would be most partial to adding K. Rool?
Believe it or not, Retro. Moreso if they decide to include him in DKCR3, but Smash is a different beast from DKC in a number of ways that would work in Rool's favor when combined with Retro's mindset.

--Smash isn't "Miyamoto's baby, so don't mess it up!", so there should be less creative restriction with regard to "what point in DKC's legacy to draw from"
--In contrast to a platforming game where it's tempting to make "fresh, new creative" characters, Smash is an all-star fighter, therefore those creative impulses would be spent on existing characters, not original ones
--Retro is a Western company, and thus would be more receptive toward Western franchises, or at least wouldn't flat-out ignore or Flanderize them
--Retro is very aware and receptive to most, if not all fan requests in a way that few companies are

The fly in the ointment is that Retro might prefer to draw exclusively content from their own games, not ones with K. Rool, but considering how big of fans they are of the originals, I don't think that'd happen (and it wouldn't matter if K. Rool starred in DKCR3 to boot).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Believe it or not, Retro. Moreso if they decide to include him in DKCR3, but Smash is a different beast from DKC in a number of ways that would work in Rool's favor when combined with Retro's mindset.

--Smash isn't "Miyamoto's baby, so don't mess it up!", so there should be less creative restriction with regard to "what point in DKC's legacy to draw from"
--In contrast to a platforming game where it's tempting to make "fresh, new creative" characters, Smash is an all-star fighter, therefore those creative impulses would be spent on existing characters, not original ones
--Retro is a Western company, and thus would be more receptive toward Western franchises, or at least wouldn't flat-out ignore or Flanderize them
--Retro is very aware and receptive to most, if not all fan requests in a way that few companies are

The fly in the ointment is that Retro might prefer to draw exclusively content from their own games, not ones with K. Rool, but considering how big of fans they are of the originals, I don't think that'd happen (and it wouldn't matter if K. Rool starred in DKCR3 to boot).
Retro is actually the best idea I've heard in a long time!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Only question is if Retro is a big enough studio for Smash.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Mr. Sakurai has been developing these games for 15 years without break. I can understand why he would want to finish, but it'll be a strange feeling. But what I'd hope for in a new Super Smash Bros is for it to be like the ones we've enjoyed for so long, with many more Nintendo faces to join - and hopefully the last members of the Big Three will finally be welcome. (King K. and Ridley)

But thank you for uniting so many people across the world.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Nah bros. If anyone is going to handle smash after sakurai leaves....

...Its going to be Hal labs, they have experience with the series, after all, any other suggestions would be false hoping.

I'm pretty sure Ninty would ask Hal labs if sakurai indeed leaves.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
To be fair, we do have Bowser, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr, Larry, Roy, Morton, Wendy, Lemmy, and Ludwig. But I agree, we need more villains.
Bowser Jr. And the Koopalings are more like henchmen and Dark Pit is NOT a villain. Bowser and Ganondorf are the only true ones right now.
So sakurai has stated he doesn't want to make another smash bros game, thoughts anyone?
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/sakurai-says-he-does-think-hell-make-another-smash-bros-game
I'm taking this with a grain of salt, he's said this many times before since the n64 version. Being how contradicting he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back. But I hope not.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace

I actually didn't know what nationality Retro was till right now.

Top Bottom