• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Watch the final launch trailer be of DHD, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario. Hell we'll be lucky if even one of the big 3 is in it. Oh look a villains trailer, "Ganondorf returns to conquer" Bowser Jr. Koops his way into battle!, Wario's back to Crush!, the end credits roll but then go away, what's this? a huge scary dark figure flying in the sky shadowing over the other characters? why it's it's...Dark Pit! SSB Wii U/ 3-DS logo appears. Moments after on Mii-verse, people are saying how it was the best launch trailer ever and are trolling ridley and k. rool fans even more.
Dude, I see you liking my optimistics posts about K.Rool, the Hype 3 and stuff and now you're gonna go all depressive again? No offense but you are being an hypocrite. You either feel optimistic or pessimistic about the situation.
Sorry but it bugs me a lot that you like my optimistic posts and then you post this.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Dude, I see you liking my optimistics posts about K.Rool, the Hype 3 and stuff and now you're gonna go all depressive again? No offense but you are being an hypocrite. You either feel optimistic or pessimistic about the situation.
Sorry but it bugs me a lot that you like my optimistic posts and then you post this.
Mood swings. We're all going through them my friend.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I'm feeling a Chrom vibe when I think of Dixie, everyone expects Dixie due to a leak before the ninka. Even though there someone with more moveset potential and more popularity which is King K Rool. Sakurai knows what the people want, its obvious at this point. So after the Robin debacle, I believe Sakurai would add King K Rool.

Whatever the outcome I ain't abandoning the gangplank galleon. I'am going down with my fellow kutthroats :bee:

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well as they say it's good to expect the best but also the worst. The problem is I can actually see Sakurai doing something like that.
Mood swings. We're all going through them my friend.
Yup, that too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Its called sarcasm. The fact is, no one knows what's going to happen at this point. I personally do agree with @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon , I believe the Big 3 are happening, but all of our speculation could be wrong and could be all for naught. We need to keep that into consideration.

I personally believe that if they weren't playable, they'd have been deconfirmed a long time ago. They're the most wanted and requested characters left to announce, it makes logical sense for them to be saved for the last major reveals. But for all we know Sakurai is a hype killer and doesn't care about adding characters the fans want (which is completely and totally 100% fallacious, but whatever).

I'm feeling a Chrom vibe when I think of Dixie, everyone expects Dixie due to a leak before the ninka. Even though there someone with more moveset potential and more popularity which is King K Rool. Sakurai knows what the people want, its obvious at this point. So after the Robin debacle, I believe Sakurai would add King K Rool.

Whatever the outcome I ain't abandon the gangplank galleon. I'am going down with my fellow kutthroats :bee:
I agree with this as well. Personally, I think both Dixie and K. Rool is more likely than just getting Dixie Kong. But we'll see how things play out.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Well as they say it's good to expect the best but also the worst. The problem is I can actually see Sakurai doing something like that.

Yup, that too.
I agree, but there are strong hints and facts that points towards them being playable. I personally have my doubts too, but I remain mostly optimistic about the situation. Stay strong fellow kutthroats! The day is near.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Whatever the outcome I ain't abandon the gangplank galleon. I'am going down with my fellow kutthroats :bee:
I expected Dixie over K. Rool long before that leak...

Plus, as much as I love K. Rool and want him, Dixie has just as much moveset potential, if not more than K. Rool.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Plus, as much as I love K. Rool and want him, Dixie has just as much moveset potential, if not more than K. Rool.
I don't know about that, other than the hair twirl and what not, I just see her being more of a clone of Diddy but I'd be fine with her inclusion too. K. Rool on the other hand, he's got all kinds of moves that could easily be mixed in.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace

Well yeah Dixie was requested as well, but now I believe most of the neutral party is now banking on Dixie due to the leak.

As for moveset potential I think I will just agree to disagree :chuckle:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Similarly, most people believed Chrom was a shoo-in long before the Gematsu leak happened. Hardly anyone questioned his inclusion, and the leak just cemented that belief.

Then it turned out that another Fire Emblem character, one that almost no one considered as a possibility due to arbitrary reasons, made it in instead, and that the arbitrary reasons people used to argue why said character wouldn't be included were nothing more than arbitrary reasons.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I expected Dixie over K. Rool long before the leak as well, mainly because of Tropical Freeze. I never expected Sakurai to pay attention to the Kremlings at all, and their appearance is what cemented by belief in K. Rool. Sakurai has only further teased the Kremlings, but without specifically mentioning them at all. I mean, why is that? Why didn't he show the Kritters in the Smash Bros. Direct under the enemies? This is such a significant thing, but its completely and totally being blown over for some reason. Kremlings haven't appeared since 2008.

People make up arbitrary reasons as to why this means nothing, but the fact is that Kremlings are the only known Smash Run enemies from older games that have never been in Smash Bros. before. And then they claim "well, Kremlings are DK's main enemies." But "K. Rool is no longer the main antagonist of the series."

Um, lolwut? Can SOMEONE please explain this logic to me? King K. Rool IS a Kremling, and he IS the main antagonist of the series. If the Kremlings aren't DK's main enemies, neither is K. Rool. If the Kremlings are DK's main enemies, so is K. Rool. You can't have both the Kremlings being DK's main and most iconic enemies without K. Rool being DK's main and iconic antagonist. It doesn't work that way.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
People make up arbitrary reasons as to why this means nothing, but the fact is that Kremlings are the only known Smash Run enemies from older games that have never been in Smash Bros. before. And then they claim "well, Kremlings are DK's main enemies." But "K. Rool is no longer the main antagonist of the series."

Um, lolwut? Can SOMEONE please explain this logic to me? King K. Rool IS a Kremling, and he IS the main antagonist of the series. If the Kremlings aren't DK's main enemies, neither is K. Rool. If the Kremlings are DK's main enemies, so is K. Rool. You can't have both the Kremlings being DK's main and most iconic enemies without K. Rool being DK's main and iconic antagonist. It doesn't work that way.
I think people argue that the Kremlings are iconic enemies in the Donkey Kong series, so of course they'd be included.

...But that really does beg the question of why K. Rool isn't considered an iconic part of the series as well. It's just more excuses and exceptions being made to accommodate arbitrary criteria, really.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I'm not seeing it. From what I recall, Dixie can fly with her ponytail (which she'd also presumably be able to use to attack), and she shoots bubble gum as projectiles in Tropical Freeze. By comparison, K. Rool has four unique boss fights in completely different identities, all of which bring a lot to the table in terms of moves. (Well, not so much with Baron K. Roolstein, but they'd at least be able to get his recovery move and a basic attack or two based on it)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think people argue that the Kremlings are iconic enemies in the Donkey Kong series, so of course they'd be included.

...But that really does beg the question of why K. Rool isn't considered an iconic part of the series as well. It's just more excuses and exceptions being made to accommodate arbitrary criteria, really.
Exactly. The point is so arbitrarily stupid. I've seen that several times before. "The Kremlings were just including for being DK's iconic enemies. That doesn't hint at K. Rool at all." Then they proceed to say "K. Rool is irrelevant, he was cut from the series."

Apparently Kremlings are the exception here. Its also ironic, because people make the same arbitrary excuses about Ridley. Ridley is the only exception to the norm. Ridley wasn't deconfirmed directly like every other deconfirmation. "Nope, Ridley's the exception, doesn't matter." Bowser and Ganondorf are always bosses, and are often quite big in their original appearances. They can be resized just fine. "Nope, can't happen with Ridley, he's the only exception."

As far as I'm concerned, they have this set mindset and it doesn't matter what evidence you throw at them, its always the same thing. They just don't believe the character will be playable, so they come up with excuses (most of which are arbitrary, do not make sense, and do not add up) and use them as excuses to justify their thinking.

I'm not seeing it. From what I recall, Dixie can fly with her ponytail (which she'd also presumably be able to use to attack), and she shoots bubble gum as projectiles in Tropical Freeze. By comparison, K. Rool has four unique boss fights in completely different identities, all of which bring a lot to the table in terms of moves. (Well, not so much with Baron K. Roolstein, but they'd at least be able to get his recovery move and a basic attack or two based on it)
Dixie as a whole has plenty of potential for a fully original moveset, but the thing is, she doesn't have a whole lot of attacks and moves she actually uses. Sakurai would have to create a moveset revolved around her attacking with her hair in different ways, and all the while she'll still have some similarities to Diddy probably. It'd even be quite easy to give her an original moveset 100% canon to her original appearances but she'd still be a cross clone of DK and Diddy.

K. Rool, on the other hand, has far more material to work with because he's had four completely and totally different boss battles. And technically, the DK Land boss battles are also different. That's mostly DK Land 3, though, DK Land 1 and 2 are mostly the same as DKC 1 and 2.

K. Rool could easily get his recovery moved based on DKC3. He could even draw on the electrical attacks from DKC3, perhaps using that little button of his to shoot electric beams. I actually like the idea of him being able to mix and match his different attacks; shooting kannonballs that land on the ground then shooting electricity into the kannonballs that damages players who approach them.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Similarly, most people believed Chrom was a shoo-in long before the Gematsu leak happened. Hardly anyone questioned his inclusion, and the leak just cemented that belief.

Then it turned out that another Fire Emblem character, one that almost no one considered as a possibility due to arbitrary reasons, made it in instead, and that the arbitrary reasons people used to argue why said character wouldn't be included were nothing more than arbitrary reasons.
I for one always pointed out at Chrom had no chance due to the inability to be unique, and said that Lucina would be more likely (due to being at least female). And I got flamed at HARD. Sakurai literally said the same thing as me lol.

I don't know about that, other than the hair twirl and what not, I just see her being more of a clone of Diddy but I'd be fine with her inclusion too. K. Rool on the other hand, he's got all kinds of moves that could easily be mixed in.
I don't really get that. It's not as if she plays anything like Diddy in her native games. They're very different. And there's an entire moveset that can be built around her hair, a tool that no other character uses in Smash. Not to mention the possibility of her guitar, bubble gum, animal buddies and other such things that neither Diddy nor DK use.

Of course K. Rool has the ability to be VERY unique too. It just irks me when people say that Dixie can't be unique.

IMO they both deserve to be in, and they should both be 100% unique characters. I don't like people bashing Dixie :(.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Exactly. The point is so arbitrarily stupid. I've seen that several times before. "The Kremlings were just including for being DK's iconic enemies. That doesn't hint at K. Rool at all." Then they proceed to say "K. Rool is irrelevant, he was cut from the series."

Apparently Kremlings are the exception here. Its also ironic, because people make the same arbitrary excuses about Ridley. Ridley is the only exception to the norm. Ridley wasn't deconfirmed directly like every other deconfirmation. "Nope, Ridley's the exception, doesn't matter." Bowser and Ganondorf are always bosses, and are often quite big in their original appearances. They can be resized just fine. "Nope, can't happen with Ridley, he's the only exception."

As far as I'm concerned, they have this set mindset and it doesn't matter what evidence you throw at them, its always the same thing. They just don't believe the character will be playable, so they come up with excuses (most of which are arbitrary, do not make sense, and do not add up) and use them as excuses to justify their thinking.
Personally, I don't put much stock in ideas for why certain characters can't be playable unless there is substantial evidence to back it up. Claims like "K. Rool can't get in because he's not relevant/recent" does not have much, if any, evidence backing it up; on the contrary, there are a number of examples that are contrary to this claim. Most of these, however, are labeled as exceptions to the rule by those who support that argument, even though there really isn't anything suggesting that such a rule exists to begin with.

Kickback

Smash Cadet
Strange I can't remember 2 x 4 or wallrus face beeing in 5 DK games as the antagonist, do you? Seriously do people not know what criterias there are to being a series main antagonist?

Also I have to strongly disagree that Dixie has better move potential then K.rool unless you count making s*** up as potential which is fine both DK and Diddy have a move that isn't cannon to the games

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I for one always pointed out at Chrom had no chance due to the inability to be unique, and said that Lucina would be more likely (due to being at least female). And I got flamed at HARD. Sakurai literally said the same thing as me lol.

I don't really get that. It's not as if she plays anything like Diddy in her native games. They're very different. And there's an entire moveset that can be built around her hair, a tool that no other character uses in Smash. Not to mention the possibility of her guitar, bubble gum, animal buddies and other such things that neither Diddy nor DK use.

Of course K. Rool has the ability to be VERY unique too. It just irks me when people say that Dixie can't be unique.

IMO they both deserve to be in, and they should both be 100% unique characters. I don't like people bashing Dixie :(.
Yeah, even though I want K. Rool more, I have to keep defending Dixie as well. Dixie is more than capable of becoming a very unique character. The main issue is... she's also capable of becoming a semiclone (she'd looked wretched as a direct clone), so I always try and keep an open mind about that. K. Rool would look wretched as a clone or semiclone.

In any case, K. Rool and Dixie, as I've stated for a long time, both very well round out the DK cast. As far as I'm concerned, we should have both, and we wouldn't need anything more from DK after that. (A few items and AT's would be nice, but if we got K. Rool and Dixie I wouldn't care.)

Also I have to strongly disagree that Dixie has better move potential then K.rool unless you count making s*** up as potential which is fine both DK and Diddy have a move that isn't cannon to the games
She definitely doesn't have better, but the fact is that she's got an entirely unique gimmick/feature exclusive to her, and that's her ponytail whirl. That's her most iconic attribute, and is the thing that differentiates her from literally any other potential character except Bayoneta (well, I'm pretty sure she has a major gimmick where she can transform her hair and crap), who has literally no chance of being playable anyway.

K. Rool's defining attribute is he's insane, and is a very tricky character. He's always trying to fool you and fake out dying or tricking players into falling into his traps, hence why he'd be perfect to fill in the niche of a trap-based character.

Strange I can't remember 2 x 4 or wallrus face beeing in 5 DK games as the antagonist, do you? Seriously do people not know what criterias there are to being a series main antagonist?
I love how people fail to remember that Donkey Kong Land 1-3 are entirely different games from Donkey Kong Country 1-3. That's 6, then there's 64, 7, and if you count spinoffs you can also add in Barrel Blast, King of Swing, and Jungle Climber. That's 10 games where K. Rool appears as the main antagonist, and he's even in the Donkey Konga games as a rival. Or you could say 9 games where he's the main antagonist, since technically Barrel Blast doesn't have a story.

Anyway, I know you realize this, I'm just commenting that you missed a few games. :p

Last edited:

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Personally, I don't put much stock in ideas for why certain characters can't be playable unless there is substantial evidence to back it up. Claims like "K. Rool can't get in because he's not relevant/recent" does not have much, if any, evidence backing it up; on the contrary, there are a number of examples that are contrary to this claim. Most of these, however, are labeled as exceptions to the rule by those who support that argument, even though there really isn't anything suggesting that such a rule exists to begin with.
Exactly. It's just biased people who simply don't want K.Rool in Smash who claim that. To be fair though, we really haven't gotten that much evidence that K.Rool is in either, just little teases at best. I just wish that Sakurai would have a PoTD that at least confirms him either as a trophy, boss, or playable to put the whole thing to rest.

Kickback

Smash Cadet
I see the land series more as ports of their original snes counter parts yes there are diffrences but not to warrent it as a entierly diffrent game (same goes for the gba games). As for the spinoff titles not really games I played so didn't really think of them but I guess we could count them as well

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I think we can all agree the main reason why people support Dixie is because she appeared on some random leak and because she was supposed to appear back in Brawl (as a tag-team with Diddy, if I'm not mistaken).

But we have no evidence at all pointing towards her for Sm4sh apart from those stupid fake leaks that do absolutely no good. Yet we have evidence pointing towards K. Rool's inclusion.

Also, refusing to believe K. Rool isn't an important character not only for DK, but for Nintendo, is completely absurd. As the main antagonist of the fourth biggest Nintendo series, K. Rool is relevant. No matter how you look at it, he just is.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I see the land series more as ports of their original snes counter parts yes there are diffrences but not to warrent it as a entierly diffrent game (same goes for the gba games). As for the spinoff titles not really games I played so didn't really think of them but I guess we could count them as well
Just like the Super Mario Land games, the Donkey Kong Land games are completely different games. You "see" them as ports, but they've got completely different stories and completely different stages. Donkey Kong Land 2 is the only game that even shares the same stage names, but regardless the stages in Donkey Kong Land 2 are completely different.

The GBA remakes of DKC1-3 are actual enhances ports. DKL1-3, however, are different games entirely.

I think we can all agree the main reason why people support Dixie is because she appeared on some random leak and because she was supposed to appear back in Brawl (as a tag-team with Diddy, if I'm not mistaken).

But we have no evidence at all pointing towards her for Sm4sh apart from those stupid fake leaks that do absolutely no good. Yet we have evidence pointing towards K. Rool's inclusion.

Also, refusing to believe K. Rool isn't an important character not only for DK, but for Nintendo, is completely absurd. As the main antagonist of the fourth biggest Nintendo series, K. Rool is relevant. No matter how you look at it, he just is.
We've got POSSIBLE evidence and teases for K. Rool. The only actual real evidence for K. Rool is the Kremlings, which is a HUGE boon in his favor. Nothing at all for Dixie whatsoever, though. That's the issue. Granted, I would not be surprised if Johnknight's speculation turns out accurate and we did get both, but there's more actual evidence and teasing at K. Rool than Dixie. K. Rool being playable would also explain lack of DK stages--they'd be a dead giveaway for K. Rool being playable.

Naturally, it would kinda make sense. Even if they were both in, who do they tease and hint at? The more popular and more requested one, naturally. But we can't say either way, and there's still the chance he's not in. Even if he's not in, though, it doesn't make the arguments we provide by comparing the Kremlings to K. Rool any less valid.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

I agree with you. Dixie doesn't deserve to be bashed. She is a well-deserving character too, but K. Rool is a little more deserving in my eyes. It would be sooo satisfying to get both of them in.

I don't support Dixie because she appeared on some random leak or whatever. I support her because she has good potential to have a unique moveset and plus she is deserving as well. I just want K. Rool in first or have both in as well.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Kutthroats, I have evidence corroborating @ Johnknight1 Johnknight1 's theory. This was posted in the Krystal thread:

So among the new info from the latest Famitsu magazine was a list of every character officially revealed so far. And believe it or not...it's a problem.

Notice how they're in the same order as the leaked CSS? If they're using that order elsewhere...it really hurts the odds of them being willing to rearrange the CSS, meaning that any unknown newcomers would have to fit within it.

That actually doesn't hurt our chances much...but there's something else to consider that I brought up a while back.

Let's assume Star Fox or Pokemon had one character yet to be revealed. R.O.B. would move down a spot, with just barely enough room to fit (since we can clearly see the second-lowest row has room for only one more character as-is). It'd be an unusual move, since it'd separate retro characters R.O.B. and DHD, but not out of the question considering how Mr. Game & Watch is way off in the middle of nowhere on the top right.

Let's say they did want to keep them together, though, or that we had two newcomers from Star Fox and Pokemon combined...or perhaps a character from one or the other and then Bandana Dee, forcing Little Mac to slide down a row. Regardless of the reason, R.O.B. and DHD would both move down a row...and overcrowd the second-lowest row. Someone would have to move down...which raises another question: would they be willing to separate the clones into two rows?

If not, they'd all go to the bottom row...which would present other problems. The bottom row has room for four more squares, so they'd fit...but it'd leave the bottom row with one more square than the row above it, an aesthetically awkward move they might not be willing to do.

There's also something else to take into account...where would the Mii Fighters' square go when customizations were on? The menu screenshot we saw was presumably for customizing--one option to create a Mii Fighter, the other to pick alternate specials and equipment for characters. Wouldn't there need to be a way to select the Mii Fighters from the CSS, at the very least for if you wanted to play against a computer-controlled one? Because if so...they'd make more sense to be right next to random, which would fill the bottom row and leave a gap on each side of the second-lowest row that'd look just as bad. They could add the Mii Fighters' square to the second-lowest row, next to the Wii Fit Trainer, but it wouldn't make quite as much sense to put the game's create-a-character anywhere but last.

So unless Nintendo throws another curveball at us and turns out to be willing to rearrange the CSS after all, or will at least rearrange more characters that are their franchise's sole reps than just G-Dub, or somehow adds another column...it'd be very hard for there to be more newcomers. The good news is, Krystal would plausibly work...but she'd be up against the likes of Wolf, Sceptile, and freaking Mewtwo.
Nevermind the pessimism in the comment itself, LOOK AT THE FIRST IMAGE.

Ok. Now look at the leaked image, very carefully.

Exact same order of characters, correct? Oh, wait, something's not quite right... In the image up top...

Lucina is next to Robin by the Fire Emblem characters.

This seals the deal for me, guys. I think the roster is going to expand into 10 columns to fit the clones by their respective franchises. This would also mean that the roster has to reorganize, but it hasn't reorganized YET, so there's probably several characters still missing, which also would shove all the Pokemon characters down because they can't fit on the same line anymore. We're looking at another Melee situation here, guys.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Pointing to newcomers and deeming them "relevant" =/= Your personal definition for "relevance" was a factor in deciding the roster, with or without K. Rool

Also, popular characters not becoming playable doesn't mean the most ******** reasons used against them were correct...detractors can be right for the wrong reasons. Like, Little Mac missing out wouldn't mean "he's too boring," Palutena missing out wouldn't mean "she's too overpowered," Mewtwo missing out wouldn't mean "he's a Greninja and Lucario clone," Ridley missing out wouldn't mean "he's too big," etc, etc.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I honestly could see the two of them be the final trailer.
It would be hype for old fans and new fans, it would break the tradition of the types of characters we have seen, it would be immense fan service, and it still would be a start at what more we would see for 'what is to come,' while indication of those two characters would probably be downloadable characters (as I imagine it would be a trailer at midnight, or just after Japanese launch, or just before American launch).

It would also reunite fans very well- the separation we have seen amid the Dixie/K Rool divide, much less the Dk Newcomer/no newcomer divide, is very upsetting.
Particularly as they are characters no one could really dispute, short of "marioverse OMG" except Nintendo = Mario, therefore, Mario could be half the cast and it would be fine.

In all honesty, as joyous as I would be to see Dixie and KRool in animated HD--
All the trailers have been decent, sure... except for Shulk's, he deserved much better... but none of the Trailer's have been catered to long term Nintendo fans, older fans, and I think this says a lot about the fact that the trailers never were supposed to. I think we will see a different marketing technique applied for the Nintendo Mainstays whom we all wanted in the entire time, the ones who need no introduction, the ones who hyped themselves into the game. Sure, trailers would be fun, but they may be a waste of time and money- when the characters inclusions would advertise themselves. I think the hype three, even characters like DHD, or Isaac, or possible others, could be included and not be given trailers because they are secret and undetectable. Switching up marketing tactics at this point would also be a brilliant gimmick for the Wii U.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I honestly could see the two of them be the final trailer.
It would be hype for old fans and new fans, it would break the tradition of the types of characters we have seen, it would be immense fan service, and it still would be a start at what more we would see for 'what is to come,' while indication of those two characters would probably be downloadable characters (as I imagine it would be a trailer at midnight, or just after Japanese launch, or just before American launch).

It would also reunite fans very well- the separation we have seen amid the Dixie/K Rool divide, much less the Dk Newcomer/no newcomer divide, is very upsetting.
Particularly as they are characters no one could really dispute, short of "marioverse OMG" except Nintendo = Mario, therefore, Mario could be half the cast and it would be fine.

In all honesty, as joyous as I would be to see Dixie and KRool in animated HD--
All the trailers have been decent, sure... except for Shulk's, he deserved much better... but none of the Trailer's have been catered to long term Nintendo fans, older fans, and I think this says a lot about the fact that the trailers never were supposed to. I think we will see a different marketing technique applied for the Nintendo Mainstays whom we all wanted in the entire time, the ones who need no introduction, the ones who hyped themselves into the game. Sure, trailers would be fun, but they may be a waste of time and money- when the characters inclusions would advertise themselves. I think the hype three, even characters like DHD, or Isaac, or possible others, could be included and not be given trailers because they are secret and undetectable. Switching up marketing tactics at this point would also be a brilliant gimmick for the Wii U
If we were to get one new franchise trailer to promote the Japanese launch, a DK trailer with both K. Rool and Dixie would probably be the #1 choice. If it featured multiple franchises together I could see the Big 3 announced, but I can't see Ridley getting announced for the Japanese launch unless its a "Big 3" trailer.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Was this really an argument? Because Ganondorf is basically a god, and he was a disaster in Brawl.
Yes it was, I heard people saying Palutena would be too overpowered long before she was announced.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Kutthroats, I have evidence corroborating @ Johnknight1 Johnknight1 's theory. This was posted in the Krystal thread:

Exact same order of characters, correct? Oh, wait, something's not quite right... In the image up top...

This seals the deal for me, guys. I think the roster is going to expand into 10 columns to fit the clones by their respective franchises. This would also mean that the roster has to reorganize, but it hasn't reorganized YET, so there's probably several characters still missing, which also would shove all the Pokemon characters down because they can't fit on the same line anymore. We're looking at another Melee situation here, guys.
Just to play Devil's Advocate, if the clones are going to end up with their respective series, then why are they put together in a group like that to begin with? And what if Lucina was just grouped with the other Fire Emblem characters in that magazine due to no other clones being revealed yet, thus forcing them to group her with her series to keep her from just being all alone?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I don't think that necessarily means that the roster will split into ten columns, but I've been stating it is just as likely as unlikely anyway.
To me, the bigger PROOF, which others can claim is not proof if they like, is that the board is still in pieces.
Shulk is the most out of place character on the board- the characters are in no clear order- which, they need not be, but Pokemon being in the middle of the board is what is jarring to me. I am aware saying my aesthetic versus Sakurai's is not an argument most can comply to, so I do not argue it, but it certainly is enough to sway me, since it has been accurate... all the other times, so far.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just to play Devil's Advocate, if the clones are going to end up with their respective series, then why are they put together in a group like that to begin with? And what if Lucina was just grouped with the other Fire Emblem characters in that magazine due to no other clones being revealed yet, thus forcing them to group her with her series to keep her from just being all alone?
Because at the time Lucina doesn't fit up by the other characters. They're going to make the franchises stick together whenever possible. Remember Melee? Unlockable characters appeared at the bottom, but when certain characters unlocked, they shifted around. The other issue is, why is Lucina the only exception in this picture?

I don't think that necessarily means that the roster will split into ten columns, but I've been stating it is just as likely as unlikely anyway.
To me, the bigger PROOF, which others can claim is not proof if they like, is that the board is still in pieces.
Shulk is the most out of place character on the board- the characters are in no clear order- which, they need not be, but Pokemon being in the middle of the board is what is jarring to me. I am aware saying my aesthetic versus Sakurai's is not an argument most can comply to, so I do not argue it, but it certainly is enough to sway me, since it has been accurate... all the other times, so far.
Agreed. I think the Pokemon will appear on the left side when the roster is complete.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
EVERYONE! Turn on your Wii U's

Did you guys see the new sales going on the Nintendo Zone for the Super Smash month? DK is in the last week.
Im' not sure if this indicates we may have an extra character reveal by then, but I wonder what DK games they will have for sale for the DK portion. I think it will be more than DKCR and DKCTF. I bet this is where we finally get DKC!!!!!!!!!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Did you guys see the new sales going on the Nintendo Zone for the Super Smash month? DK is in the last week.
Im' not sure if this indicates we may have an extra character reveal by then, but I wonder what DK games they will have for sale for the DK portion. I think it will be more than DKCR and DKCTF. I bet this is where we finally get DKC!!!!!!!!!
Here's hoping! I mean, I can't think of anything else. (Maybe it also means a DK trailer :D).

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Another something I did on mii-verse which basically sums up how I feel about this game so far but hopefully the last reveal trailer will change my mind by then.
zlCfzSZqZqgKKV5Spc.png

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A trailer after the game would already be out? At least in Japan, I mean.
Oh, when's the last week? I don't have a Wii U yet. I think a DK trailer is possible for a launch trailer, and if we did get one, there'd be no doubt in my mind Nintendo would cash in on it and announce Donkey Kong Land 1-3 for the west and perhaps even DKC1-3 GBA (they probably don't have the license to use Rare's name in the originals) for Virtual Console, which is also why they're waiting so late for the DK sale. They need more DK games before they can have a sale.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

They already had a "character sale" for DK last year and the only games that were on sale were the NES versions of Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. In other words, don't get your hopes up.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It seems like Sakurai is included.
>Greninja debuted 1 year ago.
>Lucina debuted 2 years ago.
>Robin debuted 2 years ago (the Avatar character in Fire Emblem is probably about 20 years old; I dunno for sure).
>Dark Pit debuted 2 years ago.
>Shulk debuted 4 years ago.
>Wii Fit Trainer debuted 7 years ago.
>Rosalina & Luma debuted 7 years ago.
>Mii Fighters debuted 8 years ago (I counted them as Miis; I also counted all the Miis as 1 for this).
>Bowser Jr. debuted 12 years ago (the Clown Car debuted 24 years ago; the Koopalings debuted 26 years ago).
>Villager debuted 13 years ago.
>Mega Man debuted 27 years ago.
>Palutena debuted 28 years ago.
>Duck Hunt debuted 29 years ago.
>Little Mac debuted 30 years ago.
>Pac-Man debuted 34 years ago.

206 years total for 15 newcomers. That rounds out to the average character being 14 years old.

Sans the 2 clone newcomers and it is 202 years total for 13 newcomers. That rounds out to the average being 16 years old.

K. Rool debuted 20 years ago, which isn't far from the average. He would fit PERFECTLY between Villager and Mega Man.

Add in that later unlocked characters are usually older.

In Melee the last unlocks were Roy, Marth, Dr. Mario, and G&W. There were 3 older newcomers older than 10 years old at the time and 1 newer newcomer. In Brawl ROB, G&W, Sonic, and Wolf were the last unlocked newcomers; all 4 of them were older than 10 years old at the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom