• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
The Bowser Jr. Alt thing isn't happening. Sakurai isn't stupid enough to only allow one person to play as Bowser Jr. This isn't Mario Kart. It's Smash Bros.
In one of leaked photos there is a Larry Koopa in the clown car pic which means that has a good possibility of happening. I know a lot of people have already crossed of the great King K Rool, but Sakurai still has some surprises for us yet. He won't let a leak get him down especially if that isn't all the characters as I expect it isn't.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
In one of leaked photos there is a Larry Koopa in the clown car pic which means that has a good possibility of happening. I know a lot of people have already crossed of the great King K Rool, but Sakurai still has some surprises for us yet. He won't let a leak get him down especially if that isn't all the characters as I expect it isn't.
Yeah, I don't see how that leaked trophy means anything. At least to me anyway.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Because he's a Mario character, who recently was in Mario Kart 8? I don't know. Why did they have Ayumi and Donbe and Hikari trophies in melee?
None of the Koopalings have used the Clown Car before, yet Larry is inexplicably in one in his trophy, which leans towards him being a Bowser Jr. alt, as Jr. does fly in the car.

Why are we talking about Koopas in the Kremling thread anyway? We might not get K. Rool but that's no reason to go off-topic.
Our support will never falter.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
None of the Koopalings have used the Clown Car before, yet Larry is inexplicably in one in his trophy, which leans towards him being a Bowser Jr. alt, as Jr. does fly in the car.

Why are we talking about Koopas in the Kremling thread anyway? We might not get K. Rool but that's no reason to go off-topic.
I believe they do in NSMB2. But we were talking about them because of the leak saying Dixie is playable is supported by today's POTD and the Koopalings. This leak has Dixie over the King, and that's why we were talking about it.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

Yeah it's mainly the legitimacy of the leak we were questioning.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
You know, even with all these leaks and the whatnot, something just doesn't seem right. I just don't see how Samurai says that he looks for uniqueness when choosing newcomers, yet chooses Dixie over K. Rool. Robin over Chrom only adds to this.

I also just don't understand why Dixie would ever be chosen over him. The only reason I could see would be promotion for TF. But if that was the case, then why not reveal her around that time instead of Mac? Plus, we already have Diddy to promote TF so that wouldn't even be necessary.

And on 1 final note, was that list (the one with Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo) confirmed fake?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
You know, even with all these leaks and the whatnot, something just doesn't seem right. I just don't see how Samurai says that he looks for uniqueness when choosing newcomers, yet chooses Dixie over K. Rool. Robin over Chrom only adds to this.

I also just don't understand why Dixie would ever be chosen over him. The only reason I could see would be promotion for TF. But if that was the case, then why not reveal her around that time instead of Mac? Plus, we already have Diddy to promote TF so that wouldn't even be necessary.

And on 1 final note, was that list (the one with Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo) confirmed fake?
Yes, the list was confirmed fake.

And yes, I must agree that if Sakurai wants uniqueness, K. Rool is a waaaay better choice than Dixie. I have nothing against her, but I think K. Rool is more important for the series, despite being kinda forgotten.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

And yes, I must agree that if Sakurai wants uniqueness, K. Rool is a waaaay better choice than Dixie. I have nothing against her, but I think K. Rool is more important for the series, despite being kinda forgotten.
I think it's clear he has'nt been kinda forgotten if so many people have requested him for this game and complained about him not being in the new dkc games

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I think it's clear he has'nt been kinda forgotten if so many people have requested him for this game and complained about him not being in the new dkc games
I meant by Nintendo. Although I recently saw a picture* of a Tropical Freeze rock with a striking resemblance to K. Rool, so maybe he's not that forgotten. Of course, we fans haven't forgotten him, and that's why he's the most requested Nintendo newcomer for Sm4sh.

*Here is the picture:

Stay strong, Kutthroats! K. Rool is most likely in! As Shulk would say, I'm really feeling it!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
#LeakWasMarketing #ALeakWasInevitable

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman

Good. Hope still lives on (still don't understand why we have Kutthroats abandoning ship already). If this is the case, and since it was confirmed that the leaked roster wasn't the final roster, I still have faith in Sakurai to give us our King.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I meant by Nintendo. Although I recently saw a picture* of a Tropical Freeze rock with a striking resemblance to K. Rool, so maybe he's not that forgotten. Of course, we fans haven't forgotten him, and that's why he's the most requested Nintendo newcomer for Sm4sh.

*Here is the picture:

Stay strong, Kutthroats! K. Rool is most likely in! As Shulk would say, I'm really feeling it!
Retro said that it was coincidence.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The eye rock just looks too much like an eye. The fact that it then has what looks like lids above it. That ain't no coincidence.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The eye rock just looks too much like an eye. The fact that it then has what looks like lids above it. That ain't no coincidence.
Also the rocks that resemble teeth, the dirt that looks like the top of the mouth and the rock that resembles a nostril. Not to mention the bananas that look like a crown.

It was made like that on purpose.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It'd just be so weird to see every other majorly requested Smash character except for King K. Rool though is another thing that urks me about so much push for Dixie Kong. I've stated many times I'd be happy to see Dixie Kong in (And honestly really want her and the King), but then if Ridley and Mewtwo do get in (which is still very likely), then King K. Rool is the only one of the hype three to not be in, the most requested Smash newcomer not in, and is the only one of the top 7 characters total for Smash not in when Shulk, Palutena, Little Mac, and Mega Man are definitely in with the likelihood of Ridley and Mewtwo being playable as well. That just seems wrong, and if Sakurai was willing to go that far for friend requests, surely he'd consider the last major one who has potential as a unique character to appease the fans and make a unique heavyweight newcomer.

I mean really, is there any reason to leave King K. Rool out of the game at this point? The answer is no if you were wondering ;)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It'd just be so weird to see every other majorly requested Smash character except for King K. Rool though is another thing that urks me about so much push for Dixie Kong. I've stated many times I'd be happy to see Dixie Kong in (And honestly really want her and the King), but then if Ridley and Mewtwo do get in (which is still very likely), then King K. Rool is the only one of the hype three to not be in, the most requested Smash newcomer not in, and is the only one of the top 7 characters total for Smash not in when Shulk, Palutena, Little Mac, and Mega Man are definitely in with the likelihood of Ridley and Mewtwo being playable as well. That just seems wrong, and if Sakurai was willing to go that far for friend requests, surely he'd consider the last major one who has potential as a unique character to appease the fans and make a unique heavyweight newcomer.

I mean really, is there any reason to leave King K. Rool out of the game at this point? The answer is no if you were wondering ;)
Exactly. That's honestly why I still think K. Rool is in, I think all the leaks throwing out "Dixie Kong" are only doing it because she appeared in Tropical Freeze. It honestly makes no sense to leave out King K. Rool if Ridley and Mewtwo both make it in, especially since he's the most wanted and requested NINTENDO newcomer (he's not the most requested newcomer, Mega Man was, but Mega Man is third-party, making K. Rool the most wanted/requested Nintendo newcomer).

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Just a theory of course, but perhaps the reason K. Rool hasn't appeared in any legit (and pseudo legit) leaks is because he's the hardest/last character to be unlocked, and none of the leakers found him at the time when they gave out their information.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Just a theory of course, but perhaps the reason K. Rool hasn't appeared in any legit (and pseudo legit) leaks is because he's the hardest/last character to be unlocked, and none of the leakers found him at the time when they gave out their information.
Or because none of the leaks with the remaining characters is legit.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Or there are different builds of the game and leakers claiming to have seen Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, etc. are just lying. I honestly think that's more likely. :p

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Or there are different builds of the game and leakers claiming to have seen Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, etc. are just lying. I honestly think that's more likely. :p
I was referencing more the image leak which is legit. But yes, any and all text leaks can never hold much definitive info.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I wouldn't say that's likely, but it's very possible. Wolf was the last/hardest character to unlock in Brawl, so who knows?

Exactly. That's honestly why I still think K. Rool is in, I think all the leaks throwing out "Dixie Kong" are only doing it because she appeared in Tropical Freeze. It honestly makes no sense to leave out King K. Rool if Ridley and Mewtwo both make it in, especially since he's the most wanted and requested NINTENDO newcomer (he's not the most requested newcomer, Mega Man was, but Mega Man is third-party, making K. Rool the most wanted/requested Nintendo newcomer).
I'll admit that it's a little hard to remain optimistic about K. Rool's chances when it's clear that so many others on Smashboards have completely given up on him after the leaks. But, logically speaking, there's not much reason for K. Rool not to be included. He may not have appeared in recent games, but that hasn't stopped other characters from appearing in Smash before (Pokemon Trainer comes to mind), and he has some pretty huge popularity on his side. I know popularity isn't everything, but considering that we're dealing with the same guy that went out of his way to add third party characters due to overwhelming fan demand, I'd say that adding in one of the most popular requests for an actual Nintendo character would be fairly easy in comparison, even if said character hasn't appeared in awhile.

Despite all that's happened, I think K. Rool is still in the running. I won't deny that he could be excluded, but I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic about his chances. I wish you all the best of luck.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wouldn't say that's likely, but it's very possible. Wolf was the last/hardest character to unlock in Brawl, so who knows?

I'll admit that it's a little hard to remain optimistic about K. Rool's chances when it's clear that so many others on Smashboards have completely given up on him after the leaks. But, logically speaking, there's not much reason for K. Rool not to be included. He may not have appeared in recent games, but that hasn't stopped other characters from appearing in Smash before (Pokemon Trainer comes to mind), and he has some pretty huge popularity on his side. I know popularity isn't everything, but considering that we're dealing with the same guy that went out of his way to add third party characters due to overwhelming fan demand, I'd say that adding in one of the most popular requests for an actual Nintendo character would be fairly easy in comparison, even if said character hasn't appeared in awhile.

Despite all that's happened, I think K. Rool is still in the running. I won't deny that he could be excluded, but I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic about his chances. I wish you all the best of luck.
I fully agree. I also agree that its highly unlikely that K. Rool simply wasn't unlocked, if anything I think he's just not available in that specific build of the game.

The major fact here is: Duck Hunt and Dr. Mario are in. Technically, Dr. Mario is a veteran, but there's honestly not much reason to bring him back, and Duck Hunt kills the notion of us only getting "modern" or "recent" characters. There's nothing at all related to Tropical Freeze, so its a safe assumption that Sakurai would not have taken it into account at all when planning the game. Why, then, would Dixie Kong get priority over King K. Rool? It makes more logical sense for them to both be in, rather than JUST Dixie Kong.

But of course, I am cautiously optimistic, but frankly I think K. Rool is definitely still in the running.

Kickback

Smash Cadet

I wouldn't worry about other smash board members giving up on King K. Rool as alot of users are yes men that jump ship from charecter to charecter to be part of the winning team . A real suporter stands by their team/charecter no matter win or lose. I Still find it refreshing that there hasen't been any Tropical Freeze content shown as it still keeps King K. more likely than Dixie. kremlings 1 ponytails 0

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wouldn't worry about other smash board members giving up on King K. Rool as alot of users are yes men that jump ship from charecter to charecter to be part of the winning team . A real suporter stands by their team/charecter no matter win or lose. I Still find it refreshing that there hasen't been any Tropical Freeze content shown as it still keeps King K. more likely than Dixie. kremlings 1 ponytails 0
Honestly, I still think its more likely we get BOTH of them than just Dixie Kong. If we were to get one, it'd probably be K. Rool.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Honestly, I still think its more likely we get BOTH of them than just Dixie Kong. If we were to get one, it'd probably be K. Rool.
Someone did come up with an idea if we had a trailer similar to Robin's. We get a popular character of a franchise who is a clone (Dixie) and another character from the same franchise who is the "real" new rep for the franchise (K. Rool). I wouldn't mind it even though I hate clones. As long as K. Rool gets in, I'll take anything I can get.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My fellow Kremlings, do not falter. We have 7 days left (not counting weekends) to tough out. May our Krooked King Grace the Battlefield with his presence.

Kickback

Smash Cadet
I'm just saying that currently K.rool is more likely then Dixie( I'm fully aware that that can change at any moment) or that we get both is also a option

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Someone did come up with an idea if we had a trailer similar to Robin's. We get a popular character of a franchise who is a clone (Dixie) and another character from the same franchise who is the "real" new rep for the franchise (K. Rool). I wouldn't mind it even though I hate clones. As long as K. Rool gets in, I'll take anything I can get.
Here's the thing with Dixie Kong, and clones in this game in general.

Something someone else noticed. No clones are added without other newcomers being added from that franchise as well. So far, there's no exceptions in this game. The only clones are from franchises already getting new reps. Dixie Kong could be original, but its far more likely she's a semiclone of Diddy Kong or a cross clone of Diddy and DK.

EDIT: And another thing of note, I really think Bowser Jr. might be a cross clone of Diddy Kong and K. Rool, with a few of his own moves.

I'm just saying that currently K.rool is more likely then Dixie( I'm fully aware that that can change at any moment) or that we get both is also a option
I agree. Most other people don't because apparently text leaks are always 100% accurate and they can't possibly be spouting off the usual mumbo jumbo everyone says and Tropical Freeze totally affected Sakurai's decision to add Dixie without K. Rool, yeah.

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Im all for K rool but how in the world do people honestly think K Rool has a better chance then Dixie?

Dixie was planned for brawl. K Rool wasn't. And we know the history behind characters once planned and didnt make it and then are in the next game

Dixie was in Tropical Freeze. K Rool wasn't.

Dixie would take substantially less work then K Rool since she would most likely be a clone.

Dixie is far more likely then K rool(Even though i would love both of them to be in)

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Im all for K rool but how in the world do people honestly think K Rool has a better chance then Dixie?

Dixie was planned for brawl. K Rool wasn't. And we know the history behind characters once planned and didnt make it and then are in the next game

Dixie would take substantially less work then K Rool since she would most likely be a clone.

Dixie is far more likely then K rool(Even though i would love both of them to be in)
Despite there being many clones in Smash, Sakurai hates lazily making characters. Dixie doesn't have much potential for a moveset at all IMO and since we already have quite a few clones confirmed thanks to the leak, I don't think Sakurai wants to put in anymore. Besides, if we go by your theory, we should be getting Toon Zelda and the Plusle/Minun tag team right?:p

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Dixie was planned to be a tag team with Diddy Kong.

Tropical Freeze is not getting represented in Smash Bros. Sakurai had no idea it was in development. He could've contacted Retro, but clearly he didn't.

Dixie taking substantially less work than K. Rool is actually moreso a hint at getting both of them. All clones / semiclones in this game are only added to franchises that already got a fully original rep as well. Dixie would be the sole exception.

Sorry, none of the arguments stack up. King K. Rool is more important to the DK franchise than Dixie Kong, has more major appearances in the franchise than Dixie Kong, has only taken a hiatus from the franchise ONCE (Dixie has taken a hiatus TWICE), Dixie has not played any major roles in any DK games prior to Tropical Freeze since DKC3 while K. Rool has continued to be the main antagonist of the franchise and in all spinoffs, and King K. Rool isn't just extremely popular... he's the MOST REQUESTED NINTENDO NEWCOMER PERIOD.

Honestly, I think its far more likely to get both K. Rool and Dixie as a semiclone than just Dixie Kong.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, I've been doing some... uh... "roster math", like Shadow Math, but smarter.

[collapse="First, compare the Melee starting roster to the Melee final roster"]

The top and middle rows go from 7 character icon slots long to 9 character icon slots long, while the bottom row goes from 5 question mark box slots long to 7 characters icon slots long.

That's a 2 character icon slot growth per row, or 6 character icons total for 6 "unexpected" characters.

Some say this could be the clone case, but I think my next point my prove this potentially wrong...[/collapse]
[collapse="Now look at the starting Brawl roster vs. the Brawl final roster."]

The top 2 rows start out 8 character icon slots long each to 9 character icon slots long each. The 3rd row (the bottom row on the top picture) goes from 6 character icon slots (including the random) to 9.

Meanwhile the 4th row wasn't even in the Brawl starting roster, but it grows out to be 9 character icon slots as well.

So literally, we gained 2 icon slots total from the top 2 rows, 3 character icon slots from the 3rd row, and all 9 character icon slots on the bottom row.[/collapse]
That means the roster went from 24 character icon slots to 36 character icons slots, or 50%.

With Melee it grew 32% roughly, counting the 5 question mark boxes. If you take out the 5 question mark boxes, it grew roughly 79%.

If we did that approximately numbers, if we applied that growth from 37 icons in Smash 4 (the starting amount of Smash 3DS' roster is 1 greater than it is in Brawl; the 37 icons are all the starters [obviously with no transformations] minus the Mii Fighters plus the random icon box), it would be:

-For the 32% in Melee (the smallest growth) counting the question mark boxes it would be 48.84 icons. That rounds out to 47 characters, excluding the 3 Mii Fighters, or 50 characters total (round either way, hopefully up). That's less than what is already confirmed, so that's debunked, lol!!!

-For the 79% in Melee (the largest growth) not counting the question mark boxes it would be 66.23 icons. That is 65.23 characters, excluding the 3 Mii Fighters, or 68.23 characters total (round either way, hopefully up, although a GIGANTIC amount, lol!!!).

-For the 50% growth in Brawl (the middle growth) it would be 55.5 icons. That is 54.5 characters, excluded the 3 Mii Fighters, or 57.5 characters total (round that up either way, hopefully up).

Either way between those last two (because the first one is dead) that ranges from "WOW THAT'S A LOT" to "HOLY CRAP I'M DROOLING AND I CAN'T STOP!!! I JUST FLOODED MY ENTIRE CITY AND I DON'T EVEN CARE!!!!"

But I'm going to assume that math is not as relevant as the row stuff. I will now craft a theory based off just the minimalist 1 vertical column opening up (because I assume some characters, specifically the Chorus Kids/Men and the Ice Climbers, will be held off until Smash WiiU), which would give us a max of 60 character icons, or 59 characters total.

Either way, given how the roster in Melee moves (Luigi is one of those question mark boxes and moves to the top row once Dr. Mario is unlocked), I think it's safe to say that Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit will likewise do the same thing.

With with all that said, here's the starting roster for Smash 4:

As it stands, we have 6 rows. the top 4 rows all have 8 characters, while row has 5 characters plus the random icon.

There are 36 characters, or 37 total icons.

Now let's look how it works when all the confirmed characters are unlocked...

So here is what happened:
The top 4 horizontal row grew by 1, and now have 9 characters. The 5th row grew by 3, and the 6th row was added, and it grew in 4 characters and 1 random button, or 5 slots total.

In terms of characters, however, things changed.
-In Row 1, the unlocking of Bowser Jr. and Wario bump down DK and Diddy. This obviously infers there are more Donkey Kong franchise playable characters.
-In Row 2, obviously DK and Diddy have slid down a row. Next, Pit and Palutena went down a row. Additionally, Little Mac went up a row. It is obvious that this is because Dark Pit will be added when the rows expands, which also infers the rows expand a second time (just like in Melee).
-In Row 3, obviously Pit and Palutena moved down (and Dark Pit will be there when the row expands). We got the 3 Fire Emblem characters, and obviously Lucina will go up with the row expands. Rounding it out are the 3 Kirby characters and Little Mac. Obviously when Lucina and Dark Pit go up and the rows expand, Little Mac goes down a row. Fox additionally got slid down as more characters were unlocked, again, inferring Dark Pit and Lucina if we didn't already know they were playable.
-In Row 4, Fox came down based on the previous row evidence, while Falco was unlocked. The Pokémon slide over, and Jigglypuff was unlocked. Captain Falcon, the Villager, The Wii Fit Trainer, and Olimar all go down a row. The Duck Hunt Dog and ROB were unlocked.
-In Row 5, Ness, Captain Falcon, Villager, The Wii Fit Trainer, and Olimar moved down. Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina were unlocked and added. Shulk, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, and the Random Icon all moved down.
-Row 6 was added. The previous Row 5 became Row 6.

(excuse the side icons; those are alt outfits)

I think the biggest reason the roster will grow horizontally by one icon per row is because of how the Donkey Kong characters moved down, and why the Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem characters are set where they are.

I theorize that:
1. The horizontal rows will increase to 10. I say this because Dr. Mario will "go up" to the top row like Luigi did in Melee, or how Diddy went from row 1 to row 2 in Brawl.
2. This means that the top 5 rows will have 10 characters.
3. Lucina and Dark Pit will go up with their franchises.
4. The bottom (6th) row will have at least one more character. I don't think it will be the Chorus Kids or the Ice Climbers (I think they'll be DLC or on Smash WiiU)

So if we go by this, the logic is set:
Row 1:
The top row is as is, except Dr. Mario is up there. He's either to the left or right of Wario, but definitely to the right of G&W.

Row 2: The second row would have The Metroid franchise characters move down, as Ridley is almost a for sure thing. That clears up two spots. Seeing as how the only characters on this row are Donkey Kong, Zelda, and Little Mac from Punch-Out!!, I think we can agree one of the following presumptions are.
-1: At least 1 of the 2 new characters on this row are Donkey Kong newcomers (either K. Rool or Dixie). We are GUARANTEED either K. Rool or Dixie.
-2: Potentially both of these 2 characters on this row are Donkey Kong newcomers (so K. Rool AND Dixie).
-3: Zelda could get one newcomer (likely Impa with a super outside chance of Toon Zelda or Tetra), however, this is up in the air.
-4: We could get a confirmed character moving up (namely Little Mac), but this is STRONGLY doubtful.
-5: Samus and Zero Suit Samus are CLEARLY moving down a row.
-6: Little Mac is clearly moving up, either in between the Donkey Kong and Zelda characters (because the 1st Punch-Out!! game came out before the 1st Zelda game), or at the very end of the roster.

Row 3:
1. Since Samus and Zero Suit move down, that clearly de facto confirms Ridley.
2. With Pit and Palutena moved down, Dark Pit is clearly going to be added.
3. Lucina will move up.
4. With Samus and Zero Suit Samus moved down, Ridley, Dark Pit, and Lucina added, and Little Mac moved up, let's do the math. 2 + 3 = 5. 5 - 1 = 4. That's 4 more characters.
5. With that logic, and how we are gaining one roster slot horizontally, that means we are 3 characters over. That means Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight all will move down to Row 4.

Row 4:
1. Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight all are now moved down a Row.
2. Fox, Falco, Duck Hunt Dog, and R.O.B. all remain on the row.
3. All the Pokémon move down a row.
4. This means we got 7 characters out of 10 left. We can theorize who this is.
-1: IMO I think Wolf is going to be late game unlockable character, just like he was in Brawl. I wouldn't call him a lock, but I say there is a distinct possibility of it. So that's 8.
-2: If Lucas is in, Ness and Lucas will move up to this row, making it 10.
-3: Even if Lucas isn't in, Ness may still move up.
-4: We might get a retro character instead of Lucas. I think it would almost definitely be Mach Rider, but Sukapon is also a distinct possibility. The Excite Biker, Andy, The Balloon Fighter, Chibi-Robo, and Ray MK could additionally happen, although those are long shots.

Row 5:
1. There's plenty of room for Mewtwo, because that's happening. That's 6 characters right there.
2. Captain Falcon and Ness will either be on this Row or Row 4.
3. Villager, Olimar, and The Wii Fit Trainer will either remain on this row or move down to Row 6.
4. Lots of newer characters (like 1998-on) could go in this row or the next row.

Row 6:
1. Shulk, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, and the Random icon will stay there, but we're at least getting another character.

All of this I think is "proof" that based on just even the roster layout there is a AT WORST 75% chance K. Rool is playable. AT WORST!!!

===

Here is one of 2 finalized version of a mock roster I made. I have 1 more finalized, and 3 that I am working on finalizing (note: I stuck with the minimalist amount)

Top Bottom