• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
The ballot option has been removed from the EU countries as well.

At least something's actually happening, though I suspect we'll be hearing more info during the week, hopefully before the weekend.

Though that's just me speculating, and I'm an optimistic kind of fellow :p.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Out of interest, I'm going to consider which of Bowser's moves I think can be ported over to K. Rool, just to see if the "Bowser clone" concept is indeed valid.

Neutral-b - K. Rool doesn't breathe fire. That's just silly.
Side-b - I can see K. Rool doing a body slam, but it'd be a pretty unimaginative depiction of his girth.
Up-b - K. Rool doesn't spin, nor does he have a shell to retreat into.
Down-b - This makes sense and he does do a ground-pound in DK64, but it'd be equally unimaginative.

Jab - I can see this, because K. Rool is a boxer in DK64. Even so, he never punches, even as a boxer.
F-tilt - See above.
U-tilt - Possible since he has claws, might make a good anti-air.
D-tilt - Possible for similar reasons, fits his sneaky, underhanded nature.
F-smash - I can't see K. Rool doing a dropkick. Not with those stubby legs.
U-smash - Why is K. Rool hitting people with his cape?
D-smash - Same reasons as up-b, he doesn't have a shell.
N-air - I guess I can see it? I still think the "body slam" pose from DKC would be better.
F-air - Very possible, I can see K. Rool doing a claw swipe.
B-air - Mid-air dropkick is still silly due to tiny legs.
U-air - A headbutt would work, especially with the krown.
D-air - Short of K. Rool doing a ground-pound, this is just silly.

Pummel - I guess I can see K. Rool biting people? He isn't that feral, he's more underhanded than he is savage.
F-throw - A pretty generic throw, but I can see it happening.
B-throw - This is possible, but still kinda dull.
U-throw - Still doesn't have a shell.
D-throw - Still doesn't breathe fire.

So yeah I can't see it happening.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Out of interest, I'm going to consider which of Bowser's moves I think can be ported over to K. Rool, just to see if the "Bowser clone" concept is indeed valid.

Side-b - I can see K. Rool doing a body slam, but it'd be a pretty unimaginative depiction of his girth.
Down-b - This makes sense and he does do a ground-pound in DK64, but it'd be equally unimaginative.

Jab - I can see this, because K. Rool is a boxer in DK64. Even so, he never punches, even as a boxer.
F-tilt - See above.
N-air - I guess I can see it? I still think the "body slam" pose from DKC would be better.

Pummel - I guess I can see K. Rool biting people? He isn't that feral, he's more underhanded than he is savage.

Yup, exactly. The only areas I can really see any overlap at all are the odd tilt or air attack, but King K. Rool's physique and Special department would set him so far apart in every way possible from Bowser that it would be like calling Shulk and Link clones because they both possess a sword. Physically, there are simply many things that Bowser is capable of doing that King K. Rool could not, and vies versa, and King K. Rool would have a very projectile heavy arsenal, something Bowser pretty much completely lacks.

Last edited:

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
well the smash bros ballots have now ended and i'm being very excited for King K.Rool to be picked from the results list if it happens *prays for him* please let it be king k.rool i know it'll be other characters but i want king k.rool to finally make an appearance for Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wait a minute, the Tiki Buzz thing isn't a real stage, just a placeholder, false alarm everyone.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So, here's a list of rumored characters;

Shovel Knight
Bandana Dee
Shantae

I originally thought that the final character would be Wolf, but something made me think different, in the files is a directory for a new stage, this stage is called "Tiki Buzz", now when researching what this could be, I found one result, Tiki Buzz is directly related to the enemy found in DKCR, so with that being the case, it's possible that the King may be on his way. Thoughts?
Honestly

We are not getting 2 3rd partys from the ballot

As for the king

I assure you i believe the king is coming because of the ballot votes, high evidence that he has the most votes out of all newcomers.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Honestly

We are not getting 2 3rd partys from the ballot

As for the king

I assure you i believe the king is coming because of the ballot votes, high evidence that he has the most votes out of all newcomers.
Sorry, I may've made a mistake involving the Tiki Buzz stage, it was most likely just a placeholder. Sorry.

Furret24

Smash Master

F-tilt - See above.

14 of 22 are possible. While he can't be a clone, he could be a semi-clone.

Due to his vast amounts of moveset potential however, I doubt they would take this route.
:gawmelee:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sorry, I may've made a mistake involving the Tiki Buzz stage, it was most likely just a placeholder. Sorry.
Doesn't matter.

Did you not here what i said?

I said i believe are king/captain is coming because hes most likely to have the most votes out of all newcomers.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Doesn't matter.

Did you not here what i said?

I said i believe are king/captain is coming because hes most likely to have the most votes out of all newcomers.
I'm telling you, there is no ballot "winner", having a vast amount of votes doesn't make a character inevitable. However popularity is a deciding factor. It's possible Tiki Buzz could be a stage, although it's most likely just a placeholder for another stage. Then again, Melee did have a Goomba stage. Hm...

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

F-tilt - See above.

Good analysis. Even with the option to share things like generic punches (because whatddya know, generic punches are such a rare commodity in Smash), a lot of those moves aren't the most sensible things for K. Rool to do. He'd only be doing them if you went out of your way to put them in his moveset; the more natural moves for him to perform with his body involves his belly, cape or crown instead of his shorter limbs.

The "K. Rool is a clone" thing tends to come from half-hearted snark that doesn't stand up to scrutiny or kneejerk reactions to try to put K. Rool on a level playing field with other characters anyway.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
However I do want to know what all of you think of "Tiki Buzz", could it be a stage or a placeholder, could K. Rool or Dixie come with it, please, if there's any thoughts than I'd love to know.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Next project. (They're all in a photo-booth)
K. Rool with some other Smash waifus.

Just a bit of fun! (Rate me on Lucina, pls. Anime is NOT my forte.)

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman

Looks pretty amazing as usual; Lucina seems good to me so far.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Oh man, I am laughing so hard at Lucina's expression right now that you wouldn't believe it. :laugh: That is fantastic, please, please don't change a thing!

I can't believe that an anime-like style is not your forte, looking at that. ;)

Anyway, I can't wait to see this one finished. It's putting me in mind of one of the images from when Dedede's return was revealed (which also cracked me up, because it's got a real "Hey, look at me! I'm with other royals! I really am real royalty! Honest!" vibe to it).

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Personally, I think Dixie will wind up with the same fate as the Inklings: They both have great potential, and good fanbases, but they are relevant enough to be saved for a greater hype factor for Smash 5. There's going to have to be some conserved momentum, and this ballot is being used for the future and the present. With K.Rool we've brought him back from the brink of oblivion, and that is definitely something to be rewarded with his choice as DLC establishing his return to the DKC franchise, while Dixie already returning means that she can wait. Add to that while I think there will definitely be a female Ballot character, I think it's likely to be extremely unique, at the least humanoid, and either from an un-repped or barely repped franchise.

Also, with that criteria, I would say an Indie character is not impossible, but would have to have some pretty high standards, and one of them is having an established legacy, which honestly Shovel Knight doesn't have, he has a single game with about 300,000 sales on Nintendo systems, which is smaller than even the niche first party characters getting in. While Shantae has 3 games and greater sales(still smaller than Nintendo characters, but the stronger relationship). Honestly both are unlikely, but I really wanted to put out some full thoughts on this.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
And that reminds me of this. :p

(Not mine! I borrowed it from someone's signature because it's so great. :laugh:)
Brilliant. :D

Edit:
K. Rool's all like, "perfect"
Lucina's like "who the heck are you?"
I'm trying to capture the personalities/styles of the characters a little.

Lucina's all wtf? (the straight-woman of the skit)
Rosalina is...Rosalina I guess. (I've never known her to emote really)
And Palutena is being happy-go-lucky in the back (the only one one beside K. Rool who's enjoying herself.)

I'm trying to push King K. Rool as a new waifu. ;)

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
However I do want to know what all of you think of "Tiki Buzz", could it be a stage or a placeholder, could K. Rool or Dixie come with it, please, if there's any thoughts than I'd love to know.
it may not be a stage but it could be a clue to whats coming. I think sakurai purposely named these files because they know that people hack into these of things. but who knows

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Rosalina is...Rosalina I guess. (I've never known her to emote really)
Rosalina always comes off as seeming positively disinterested, to me! :laugh: (She isn't one of my favourite characters, I admit, so this tends to irritate me a bit in Mario Kart 7, especially since she's almost always the one chosen to be the cheating-AI. :p)

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
A part of me is glad that Smash speculation is coming to an end, but a part of me is gonna be kinda lost without something to obsess over. My life is pretty chaotic recently now that I'm a dad, student, and worker. Smash speculation gives me a brief respite from the aforementioned chaos. If K. Rool gets in then I'll have nothing else to fight for in Smash. First world problems amirite?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Personally, I'm glad it's over. I just hope we find out the results very soon. I just need some closure.

Sink or swim I'll definitely miss this thread, though. I wouldn't have stayed nearly as long otherwise.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Personally, I'm glad it's over. I just hope we find out the results very soon. I just need some closure.

Sink or swim I'll definitely miss this thread, though. I wouldn't have stayed nearly as long otherwise.
Honestly, I'm glad it's all over, too.

I want to move on to having even more fun with the game, now - and continuing to hang out with you all, too, of course!

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
check this out
King K.Rool:*showing sakurai my face look* Imbecile! i don't like Failure - do you know what happens to Failures?
Sakurai:*G...Gulp..*
King K.Rool:*hits the chair* i've waited too long for this. you will make me become a playable DLC character from the ballot sakurai or i'll blow up your home with my blast o matic machine

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Here's a question. What will become of this thread if K. Rool is konfirmed?
Best case scenario if K. Rool is confirmed as playable in DLC, either they will just plunk this social into K. Rool's hypothetical character subforum and act as the social for that thread, or they'll just lock it and the Kutthroats will pick up and move over to K. Rool's hypothetical character subforum and we make a new social thread. The latter seems more likely because this thread is more than half way to max pages (2000 I believe).

Edit: I'd rather they just move this thread over to the subforum and rebrand it as K. Rool's social, there is a lot of history in this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom