• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@BKupa666: In Mario Super Sluggers, King K. Rool was one of the slowest runners in the whole game. For a character who would offer one of the strongest physical attack attributes, his walking speed would have to be quite sluggish. His running speed, on the other hand, could always be made to be decent.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
King K. Rool was also pretty sluggish in Donkey King: King of Swing. More specifically he had terrible jumping capabilities and moved slowly, but was the strongest character.

It's somewhat inverted in Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast. King K. Rool had high speed and weight stats but mediocre acceleration and handling, similar to a typical heavyweight in the Mario Kart series.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Makes sense.
It'd be pretty amusing to see expressions when people first see how fast he runs.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We already have a character with a really slow walking speed and a really fast running speed. Charizard

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If anything, I'd hope K. Rool's jumping ability from DKC translates into Smash, rather than his speed. One or the other might have to be dumbed down for balance purposes, but still...it would definitely boost him up that tier list, right?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Speaking of technical support tactics, I've seen K. Rool movesets where he uses his blunderbuss' flames to propel himself forward. It's an unorthodox twist on the usual running, for sure.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of technical support tactics, I've seen K. Rool movesets where he uses his blunderbuss' flames to propel himself forward. It's an unorthodox twist on the usual running, for sure.
Wouldn't that be more of a side special though? Basically, K. Rool would use his Blunderbuss to build up his momentum, damaging anyone who is in his path. For a price, however, the move is quite reckless, and leaves K. Rool helpless if he falls off a ledge.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I've been able to get hold of a decent K. Rool model, so I did up some size comparisons for him...

[collapse=Size Comparisons]
[/collapse]

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, I've been able to get hold of a decent K. Rool model, so I did up some size comparisons for him...

[collapse=Size Comparisons]
[/collapse]
That looks pretty good, but you really should have added King DDD for the sake of rounding out the heavy weights. Not essential, but my OCD self is just nit picking.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That looks pretty good, but you really should have added King DDD for the sake of rounding out the heavy weights. Not essential, but my OCD self is just nit picking.
Based on the T-Poses, Dedede is nowhere near as tall as Bowser and Donkey Kong.

Anyway, because I see K. Rool being one of the biggest playable characters, he has to be around the same size level as Bowser and Donkey Kong. However, because those two are pretty much hunched over, I may have made K. Rool too big. On the flipside, judging by his Mario Super Sluggers model, K. Rool's legs aren't very long.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh my...where did you dig up that model? That's almost exactly how K. Rool ought to appear in SSB4 (my nitpicky self wants him to have a tail and larger crown, but shrug).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh my...where did you dig up that model? That's almost exactly how K. Rool ought to appear in SSB4 (my nitpicky self wants him to have a tail and larger crown, but shrug).
GBC released a King K. Rool model import, which goes over Classic Wario. I merely borrowed the model to do the size comparisons.

However, the model appears to be flawed, as K. Rool's legs really aren't very long. I also may have made him too big, as Bowser and Donkey Kong are hunched over, despite looking very tall in their T-Pose stances.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's with the random aztec themed outfit?

I know it's from the baseball game.

It's just out there.

There is an aztec temple-like thing you fight him in DKC 2. But still

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The length of K. Rool's legs aren't really of importance. They're rather long in his Melee trophy model, and when you comapre Diddy's Brawl model to his DKC appearance, his legs are slightly longer, allowing him to have more range on his kicking attacks.

K. Rool's baseball outfit was made because his regular appearance, with a long cape and dragging tail, were too difficult to animate properly.

This model for K. Rool is absolutely awesome! Thanks for sharing, M&SG!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, it still sort of fits, with his many multiple personalities, but it is still kinda odd...

Nice model, MSG! Maybe add it to the OP, BKupa?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@BKupa666: No problem, but I still think I might've made K. Rool too big; he doesn't hunch over like Bowser after all.

D

Deleted member

Nonsense, it wouldn't hurt to have a couple characters taller than Bowser.
It's not like Bowser is the limit. I mean, DK was the largest character in Smash until Bowser showed up.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I do think that Bowser should remain the heaviest character (his weight should be buffed from Brawl, IMO), but that K. Rool and Ridley could both become larger, albeit slightly lighter characters.

K. Rool has to stay large enough to still appear threatening when placed next to DK.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, the whole Aztec thing may mean Nintendo are finally getting his character

D

Deleted member

The "Aztec" look would have fit DKCR...so, let's say there is a DKCR2, and K. Rool is in it, would he look like that?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The "Aztec" look would have fit DKCR...so, let's say there is a DKCR2, and K. Rool is in it, would he look like that?
Since DKCR1 was more or less a remake of DKC without Kremlins, maybe DKCR2 would be a more or less remake of DKC2

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think Retro has the competence to handle designing their own characters, or else their original ones from DKCR would have been much more memorable. They used what I call 'Dreamworks humor': by this, I mean that they put thoroughly out-of-place, random characters into DKCR, such as the flag-waving pig, and expected them to be funny or beloved simply because of their randomness. Dreamworks makes similar jokes in their films, having the Despicable Me villain shooting random sea creatures from guns, for example.

I would expect K. Rool to keep his classic design in a sequel, or not appear at all. At this point, a sequel will have Kremlings, Tikis, or a random new enemy force...unless K. Rool appears in Smash, of course, upon which the former is a lock to return.

My dream costume would have him dress as an emperor, leading a Roman-esque force of gladiator Kremlings. K. Roolius would be his name, kicking (existing) tails would be his game.

D

Deleted member

Sadly, I don't think he will have any aliases anymore, considering what Cranky said in DK64 about him quitting that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
And yet in the same game, he became King Krushaaaaa K. Rool.

Hopefully the Count Olaf of the Kremlings hasn't exhausted his wardrobe just yet.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Always liked that Konquistador K. Rool fan design.

There should be a Japanesey DKC with Sun WuKONG and some kind of... Shogun K. Rool. Katana K. Rool?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Always liked that Konquistador K. Rool fan design.

There should be a Japanesey DKC with Sun WuKONG and some kind of... Shogun K. Rool. Katana K. Rool?
If it was Journey to the West DKC, I'd seriously think K. Rool would be Zhu Bajie

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do think that Bowser should remain the heaviest character (his weight should be buffed from Brawl, IMO), but that K. Rool and Ridley could both become larger, albeit slightly lighter characters.

K. Rool has to stay large enough to still appear threatening when placed next to DK.
Based on the Brawl attributes, Bowser's weight is 120, beating DK's 116.

Anyway, I'd probably get a good laugh in if K. Rool managed to get a weight attribute of around 124. After all, he's shown to be slightly taller than Bowser, and is quite big as well.

D

Deleted member

Do we even know if Diddy Kong's return to the series was inspired by Smash? I feel as Diddy Kong would have returned regardless of whenever or not he appeared in Smash.

And in regards to weight, I'm not sure if he should be as heavy as people want him to be, given that fat weight less than muscle and King K. Rool in comparison to Bowser is fat.

@BKupa666: Dreamwork movies, while okay, are pretty forgettable. Really don't like how they force humor into their stories. I'd like to see more movies like Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron made

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do we even know if Diddy Kong's return to the series was inspired by Smash? I feel as Diddy Kong would have returned regardless of whenever or not he appeared in Smash.

And in regards to weight, I'm not sure if he should be as heavy as people want him to be, given that fat weight less than muscle and King K. Rool in comparison to Bowser is fat.

@BKupa666: Dreamwork movies, while okay, are pretty forgettable. Really don't like how they force humor into their stories. I'd like to see more movies like Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron made
Pretty sure it was, Mostly because I wouldn't imagine him being in a DKC with the peanut popgun and jetpack if he hadn't.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know what might be funny, but random? Kowboy K. Rool. Lasso, pistol, a horse that can barely hold him...and then no one would want Sheriff :troll:

Just a random K. Rool thought.

Top Bottom