• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

jyk

Ridley5000

Smash Apprentice
wat is the reason for this enemy? it is so simple of an enemy, but u cant defeat it.
so technically, if tabuu sent an army of jyks against the characters, they would lose and vice versa

Splice

Smash Hero
they would lose and vice versa? So does that mean that everyone would lose?
The reason for the enemy is to make the game harder and a little more interesting, duh!

Ange

Smash Lord
Pretty much all platform-games have obstacles that are undefeatable.

They basically need to be there, cause if all enemies was in one way or another defeatable, the game would be more non-challenging.

So I say, live with it.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Jyks aren't event that much of an obstacle imo. It's just an enemy and have to accept it.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I always jump towards them while airdodging.
Not that hard, they're not that even good at killing...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The defeatable Cymuls are far more annoying imo.

But yea, spot on: Jyks are obstacles, not really enemies, like Gordos in Kirby, or spikes in many games...

And no, if the SSE sent only Jyks, they wouldn't win, cause Jyks are easy to dodge and only stationary. Do they even move? I forgot.

labrand7

Smash Cadet
jyk are moving/non moving obstacles
but i just wonder why they put it in different elements?
it is still the same though

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I really hate those flying things with swords that sometimes throw their swords at you. They deal SO MUCH damage and have solid knockback x_X"

And when they appear, they laugh because they're about to cut you to pieces. "Ho! Ho! Ho!"

Ange

Smash Lord
Yea, thought so... like up and down and left and right, eh?
Yeah, more or less the standard paths.

but i just wonder why they put it in different elements?
it is still the same though
They have different elements to fit in with the stage, like the Glire/Glice/Glunder family.
I cant really say theyre all the same thing. Since there is a Flame, Zap and Hydro type of the Jyk, they could more of less deal different amout of damage, but Im not sure.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
I really hate those flying things with swords that sometimes throw their swords at you. They deal SO MUCH damage and have solid knockback x_X"

And when they appear, they laugh because they're about to cut you to pieces. "Ho! Ho! Ho!"
Ah, Santa's murderous toys. Wrong enemy.

Ridley5000

Smash Apprentice
They have different elements to fit in with the stage, like the Glire/Glice/Glunder family.
I cant really say theyre all the same thing. Since there is a Flame, Zap and Hydro type of the Jyk, they could more of less deal different amout of damage, but Im not sure.
i dont think there are hydro types

can u get trophies fo each element though

Ange

Smash Lord
i dont think there are hydro types

can u get trophies fo each element though
There are, look up Smashwiki. They cause electric damage, however.

Nope. There is only one trophy of the Jyk (Hydro type), which is obtained by clearing Boss Battles with 20 characters.

Top Bottom