• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I’m still scared (and excited) about Mr Sakurai Presents Sephiroth tomorrow as Ryu Hayabusa uses a Katana as well and would fit the Mii’s coming along with Sephiroth, however if he doesn’t show up tomorrow then he would pretty much be guaranteed a fighter

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I hope Ryu Hayabusa gets in as a fighter, we already have Yuri Kozukata as the only Koei Tecmo rep in terms of being in battles and I think he is the last major NES icon next to Bill Rizer, seriously needs to happen!View attachment 294264
Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins) is another NES icon too.

My reaction to Yuri (Fatal Frame) assist trophy was something along the lines of "I'm sorry, Yuri earned her exclusion. Obscure 3rd party characters like her have no place on the roster at all!"

I’m still scared (and excited) about Mr Sakurai Presents Sephiroth tomorrow as Ryu Hayabusa uses a Katana as well and would fit the Mii’s coming along with Sephiroth, however if he doesn’t show up tomorrow then he would pretty much be guaranteed a fighter
If Hayabusa does get a mii costume, we might get Kasumi instead. And Hayabusa could be for all mii fighter types.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins) is another NES icon too.

My reaction to Yuri (Fatal Frame) assist trophy was something along the lines of "I'm sorry, Yuri earned her exclusion. Obscure 3rd party characters like her have no place on the roster at all!"

If Hayabusa does get a mii costume, we might get Kasumi instead. And Hayabusa could be another deluxe mii costume.
Square Enix content is all that has shown up with Square Enix characters, and that's proven consistent between Smash 4 and Ultimate. You guys don't have to worry about tomorrow like Geno, 2B, or even Crono fans do

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Square Enix content is all that has shown up with Square Enix characters, and that's proven consistent between Smash 4 and Ultimate. You guys don't have to worry about tomorrow like Geno, 2B, or even Crono fans do
We actually did get a Bomberman mii costume that was released with Steve (Minecraft).

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Bomberman is Konami property, not Square Enix. You missed what I said
I'm aware of that. But Bomberman and Steve aren't owned by the same company so that's why we might still get some non-Square Enix mii costumes with Sephiroth.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wouldn't Byleth fall in that same category? I mean its only purpose was pretty much just an attempt by Nintendo to promote Three Houses and if I'm not mistaken, Sakurai even apologized on the character's reveal stream, which kinda implies even he wasn't in favor.
Honestly, I think Byleth was Nintendo's call and not Sakurai. They knew another Fire Emblem rep's inclusion would **** a good number of people off but they did it anyway probably to promote Three Houses.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Just trust that Nintendo actually thought of Koei Tecmo for a fighter in the pass. I trust that they didn't just completely forget about them and their partnerships. Even if Hayabusa was a Mii costume, I'd expect it coming with another Koei Tecmo rep if it comes down to that. I'd be completly baffled if we go the entire second pass with no rep for them. Already was for the first one. Hopefully not for the second one.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Just trust that Nintendo actually thought of Koei Tecmo for a fighter in the pass. I trust that they didn't just completely forget about them and their partnerships. Even if Hayabusa was a Mii costume, I'd expect it coming with another Koei Tecmo rep if it comes down to that. I'd be completly baffled if we go the entire second pass with no rep for them. Already was for the first one. Hopefully not for the second one.
That's why I would suspect that Kasumi is secretly playable, if Hayabusa gets a mii costume.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
That's why I would suspect that Kasumi is secretly playable, if Hayabusa gets a mii costume.
After the Mai Shiranui debacle and not even bothering to change her appearance to CERO's standards just for her to appear in Smash as a background character, I'm not so sure about this.

MattX20

Smash Hero
After the Mai Shiranui debacle and not even bothering to change her appearance to CERO's standards just for her to appear in Smash as a background character, I'm not so sure about this.
Kasumi's outfit from the top at least is a lot less revealing than Mai. That, and there is her appearances from Ninja Gaiden and DOA6 if it still doesn't work.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Kasumi's outfit from the top at least is a lot less revealing than Mai. That, and there is her appearances from Ninja Gaiden and DOA6 if it still doesn't work.
I would prefer Kasumi's design from Dead or Alive 6. If she makes it in, we might be able to finally see Kasumi use her sword.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Ok I read all of these comments and a few things to note:
1.) I agree with the fact that Square Enix costumes were the majority for Square Characters when the Mii Costumes came up, however that doesn’t mean other Mii Costumes can show up during the presentation so there’s that.
2.) If Ryu Hayabusa shows up as a Mii Costume in Sephiroth’s presentation then that most definitely means there will be no Koei Tecmo rep in this Fighters Pass, they would almost certainly not put a Koei Tecmo Mii costume in another companies character unless they were not getting a rep. If it happens where there is no Hayabusa Mii costume tomorrow but Kasumi shows up as the Koei Tecmo rep and the costume is released there, then that would make sense but if it’s just Ryu Hayabusa as a Mii Costume tomorrow then that means that this is the only Koei Tecmo representation in this pass, that’s it and that would piss me off.
3.) For the lol’s yes Kasumi’s design would most certainly be from DEAD OR ALIVE 6 as that is the most appropriate one
4.) I’d like to trust that Nintendo thought of Koei Tecmo and their partnerships together but in the end of the day it’s Nintendo’s decision on who they want to add to Smash or not and if they just gave them a Mii Costume then honestly that would be a major diss to Koei Tecmo considering how much they’ve helped Nintendo with Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and more, you’d think that they should give them a playable rep and not something as demeaning as a Mii Costume
UPDATE: Sephiroth might be coming with only two Mii Costumes, if that’s true then it will be looking good for Ryu Hayabusa https://twitter.com/genospapa/status/1339430877726613504?s=21

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
OH MY GOD! COULD IT ACTUALLY BE RYU HAYABUSA!? IT MAKES SENSE, NINJA GAIDEN TRIOLOGY IS SUPPOSEDLY RELEASING IN MARCH THE SAME TIME AS THE NEXT AMIIBO’S AND THE AMIIBO’S RELEASE ALWAYS COINCIDE WITH A NEW CHARACTER, IF HE WASN’T A COSTUME HERE, THEN IS IT HAPPENEING?!?! IS HE NEXT!?!?! PLEASE BE PLAYABLE!!
1A25B3C9-F0C3-4CF1-B027-E54140D91E5D.jpeg

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Still think Ryu Hayabusa is very likely for this pass. Probably not the very next character, but I think he's in.

No Koei content in Smash at all in terms of spirits for their other franchises, Koei developed Fire Emblem Three Houses and Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, Ninja Gaiden is on Nintendo Switch Online, etc. Not to mention he's never had a Mii outfit before so we don't have to fear something like that returning.

As far as I can tell he's probably the frontrunner for the pass. As much as I want some other characters like Crash or a Capcom rep, etc...I think Ryu currently fares the best.

D

Deleted member

Wait some of you guys were actually worried of the possibility of Hayabusa, a character owned by Koei-Tecmo, being a part of the Mii Costume lineup from Sephiroth, a character owned by Square Enix which is the company that only added content relating to them when Hero dropped?

That really wasn't anything to worry about. Square Enix seem very hands on with how they want their content presented, so there was no real possibility of a Mii Costume lineup featuring costumes outside of their own properties coming with Seph.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Ninja Gaiden games are notoriously difficult, you think Ryu Hayabusa would go through all that just to become a Mii costume? I don't think so! Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Ultimate!!!

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm betting on him being either the next reveal or just after that, but not the last character of the pass.
I'm confident in his chances.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Well this actually made me wonder... Yes, we got a remix for Vampire Killer, but the version from Castlevania Judgement was used in the trailer for some reason...

Just because the game was bad doesn't mean the music was. Besides, what other versions of 4-2 could they choose from?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm betting on him being either the next reveal or just after that, but not the last character of the pass.
I'm confident in his chances.
Something tells me that the timing means that he HAS to be next. I dunno, maybe that’s just me but I don’t feel like Hayabusa is an E3 reveal which is what CP10 would line up to be so CP9 would be his main shot at getting in I feel. It would also make sense if he released close to the rumored release of the Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy which is March.

I know releases don’t usually like up with games but I could see it happening for this one if NGST is really happening. So we won’t have to much longer to wait, hopefully. March/April is a pretty easy wait I feel.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I don't think we should easily preclude from thinking Hayabusa could be a E3 reveal. There were rumors of a new Ninja Gaiden coming to the Xbox Series and that could easily coincide with a Hayabusa reveal if both were revealed at E3 2021. He could also be the last fighter in this second pass because nothing states that the last reveal has to be a mega hype-inducing one. Remember Corrin at the end of Smash 4's DLC run? What about Byleth at the end of Fighters Pass Vol. 1? Not trying to downplay Ryu himself but he could still easily be one of the next 3 reveals no matter the circumstances.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Just because the game was bad doesn't mean the music was. Besides, what other versions of 4-2 could they choose from?
I think you're misunderstanding me. I think that's a fantastic version of Vampire Killer. I actually like it better than the remix they gave us for Ultimate. I just thought it was curious that they didn't use said remix for Simon's trailer. I really like that version of Unbreakable Determination too, and I'm hoping they'll use it, unless they make a really amazing remix anyway.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I think you're misunderstanding me. I think that's a fantastic version of Vampire Killer. I actually like it better than the remix they gave us for Ultimate. I just thought it was curious that they didn't use said remix for Simon's trailer. I really like that version of Unbreakable Determination too, and I'm hoping they'll use it, unless they make a really amazing remix anyway.
Oh! My mistake then.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I do want to talk about what we all WANT to see in terms of Spirits, Stages, and Music though. I’m curious to y’all’s opinions on that.

Top Bottom