• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

just went to a tourney for some friendlies *vids*

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Well to start things off i had a fun time i didn't do a melee tourney i just went there to train and do some friendlies and i did good from what ppl said. im getting reconized in ga a little b/c ppl r asking my name and what not so any ways i was only able to recored 2 matches of my link b/c i hated the bad quality my cam was showing.

monkeyx4(link) vs Tosty (dr.mario)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brwBcV3a2c0

monkeyx4(link) vs fox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhKPy6dNIDs&feature=channel

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
come to pound. you'll get to play links like mee :D
we'll change link's placing on the tier list!! we're tryna get a mass horde of links to come to pound lol

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
come to pound. you'll get to play links like mee :D
we'll change link's placing on the tier list!! we're tryna get a mass horde of links to come to pound lol
Sry dude i would like to come but pound 4 for singles r 35 bucks >.> i only have 6 bucks to my name ;_; plus im busy those days.. have fun place high for link

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Sigh havin doubts about my link i might go to fox or falco cuz ive been maining fox since 64

Zodiac

Smash Master
My first tournament all link went pretty good, I got second, but that was local. I've never gone all link in tournament that was actually hard to win.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Try not to be so fast to be blaming the losses on your main. It's really easy to do, especially looking at the tier list, (I've done it a lot) but really, do you really perform better with other characters? So many times, I've switched out from Link because I became scared of a match up. I'd even switch to a character who arguably has the advantage and then lose worse than when I was Link. It is a possibility that Link may not be the character for you, but be careful about your decision.

Another thing though... Melee tournaments are 1000x harder than Brawl tournaments. Reason being is because scrubs don't play Melee anymore. They stick with whatever is the newest thing on the block, so you may feel like you are just terrible at the game, when you are actually fairly good. I felt like I was trash at the last tournament I went to, but I later looked at the tournament roster... they were all really well known players from my area, so I finally got over feeling sucky at Melee.

Just remember to always keep learning. It's all the little things you figure out in this game that get you ahead. :p

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
i put up 2 vids check me out sry about the quality

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I wouldn't punish fox's fire fox with d-air when n-air usually works just as well, in fact better because it gimps at low percents.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
I wouldn't punish fox's fire fox with d-air when n-air usually works just as well, in fact better because it gimps at low percents.
yea usally i CC dtilt spike or nair it just b/c i was hyped lol

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
lol use ANY move. don't listen to him.
Dash attack, forward tilt, down tilt, nair, dair, bair, edgehog, downsmash, up-B.
mann link's got this matchup in the bag

Top Bottom