• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just switched to MK

camstar57

Smash Rookie
any tips for the new MK main? im currently training for a match against my friends Ike. everyone I know says it's a garrunteed win for Ike, should i be really worried about this matchup or not?.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Check the stickies.....

EDIT: The MK-Ike Match-up is heavily in MK's favor. Read the match-up thread.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
any tips for the new MK main? im currently training for a match against my friends Ike. everyone I know says it's a garrunteed win for Ike, should i be really worried about this matchup or not?.
Depends who the Ike is, and how nooby you are.. :p

The matchup is in your favor, however a better opponent will still be able to beat you. :lick:

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
If you're playing Metaknight, there's no guaranteed win for anybody (except a guaranteed win for you on some occasions.)

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
On beginner level Ike really can be a pain.

So 2 general tips against Ike:
a) Take no risks, dont run into his attacks - his attacks are slow, so you should use the time window after he missed.
b) This time window you often should use for throws. Throws are a pain for Ike. He cannot shield or counter them - and if you get him in the air, it is generally easier for you.

Top Bottom