• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

just some questions

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
so first off
i was just messing around with roy and a thought crossed my mind
can you use his up out of shield like you would samus?

secondly
since roys dtilt is so sexy would it make him usefull in teams
dtilt>knee?

basically

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
1) If you wanted to, you could. However, Blazer is i9, Screw Attack is i4 (i9 meaning impact frame comes out on frame 9, i like my 3d fighting termonology).

So, realistically, shieldgrabbing is faster than blazer.

2) If you could protect yourself and not get *****, sure. I say that cause for you to theoretically pull this off enough to make a difference, you'd have to be on point alot, and roy doesnt have much to do vs alot of character (such as sheik). Granted, not having alot for Roy usually translates to d.tilt anyway. I get the feeling it'd be pretty hard for your partner to land a knee after your d.tilt on reaction. That sounds like one of the craziest hitconfirms to look for in a fighting game. XD

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
still, it should be noted that reverse blazer out of shield is one of the only ways to trick a jiggs.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Doesn't it kill like... Pichu or Game and Watch or Kirby too? It's weight based, right?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, its weight based. I think it can kill kirby/G&W on stages with low ceilings like Yoshi's or Green greens. You can kill Mewtwo if you hit him with it on a platform =]

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
XD this was a random experiment, but at the top platform of Yoshi's Island you can reverse blazer kill a lot of heavier characters, like Mewtwo, Pikachu, and even the spacies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it's ready wierld and wieght doesn't have anything to do with it and even if you used up B till it's weak and used it on a j -puff that is CCing it will still murder j-puff right then and there, but you could use it on pichu at 40% and it would't kill him

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I don't know go find out ******. Good thing I use Marth :p

Really? Was that necessary? I'm sure he asked because perhaps he's not THAT experienced with the idea. Also, Marth's Dtilt really couldn't accomplish something so sexy.

To answer your question, It IS possible. I've done it, and I've seen it done before. It's a matter of team chemistry....like any real sexy team combo. I've done it to the point where I got both opponents with Dtilt and then my friend came in and Knee'd.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I don't know, you should go find out you ******. It's a good thing that I use Marth :p

Edit: And the old mod, Sintenal, isn't modding these boards anymore.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
dtilt>knee? thats nothing, my friend and i used to be beast at 2v2s. falco+roy, dtilt>spin blossom nut smash(dair).

but now he quit melee for tf2. its so sad (crying smiley)

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
he still plays melee, but rarely.

and for reverse up b on jiggs, it should be used to punish failed naps and *maybe* tech chases. wat i do is the DED meteor to set up for the tech.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i've done mid air side b to reverse upb. marths do this also sometimes. what do you guys think about this set up?

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
The only problem is that Puff has a lot more air maneuverability and since the first hit of DED has no stun time, you'd be in prime position to get hit with an aerial before you recovered.

Top Bottom