• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just noticed something on Wolf's update

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
On Wolf's Update, one might think that Sakurai would mention that he is the final character, but it is not mentioned at all... could this be a hint towards something he might have potentially lied about and what we have all been hoping for... don't hold your breaths but this may be a slight sign! :chuckle:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
No, don't go reading into it. The reason VVolf wasn't mentioned as the final character is because he doesn't have to be the final character you unlock. You could make pre-Wigglytuff or Gannondorf (ha! Take that, Smashboards!) the last character you unlock depending on how you play.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
No, don't go reading into it. The reason VVolf wasn't mentioned as the final character is because he doesn't have to be the final character you unlock. You could make pre-Wigglytuff or Gannondorf (ha! Take that, Smashboards!) the last character you unlock depending on how you play.
Even so, it's the last character to be updated on the Dojo, there are no more characters from the game disc, so I would expect him to say something about him being the final character to be updated...

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Exactly. That really bugged me. I mean, nevermind the sheer lack of a clever name (Fire F0x, Fire Falc0, Fire W0lf?!) but there's no fire!!

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
If you're suggesting additional characters or updates of any kind via download, let me stop you right there. The Wii doesn't have the space available for large-scale game patches. It was never intended to be able to do that, and Brawl will not do that. The Wii's already-limited storage space is reserved for Wii System Updates, save file storage, and Virtual Console.

There won't be downloadable content, it just couldn't happen.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so its an April Fool's Joke?God ****it SWF!!! So if I say, Toon Link, Wolf, Mario, Ike, ect, they will have different names?

EDIT

Yep, their names change....

benefluence

Smash Rookie
mario, luigi, peach, bowser
donkey kong, diddy kong, yoshi, wario
link zelda/sheik, toon link, ganondorf
samus/zamus, ice climbers, pit, captain falcon
kirby, dedede, meta knight, olimar
fox, falco, wolf, rob
pikachu, lucario, pokemon trainer (charizard, ivysaur, squirtle) jigglypuff
marth, ike, ness, lucas,
snake, sonic, game & watch,

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it. Wolf is definately last.

EDIT: the hell? Oh never mind.

Which one makes the giant landmaster thing?

EDIT2: Nevermind again, found it >_<

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
If you're suggesting additional characters or updates of any kind via download, let me stop you right there. The Wii doesn't have the space available for large-scale game patches. It was never intended to be able to do that, and Brawl will not do that. The Wii's already-limited storage space is reserved for Wii System Updates, save file storage, and Virtual Console.

There won't be downloadable content, it just couldn't happen.
OBJECTION!

The Wii was announced to take advantage of DLC at GDC. GHIII also confirmed DLC songs, which range up to 30mb...

ALso, there are more updates till April 14th, so who knows...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
He said the Dojo would only stay open until March 31st, so he has already said that this one is the final update. Anyone with half a brain can tell that he's the final character.
Actually, updates continue until April 14. You'll find that notice on the Smash Bros. website.

bceagles

Smash Cadet
hmm, a twist! j's and k's, though, everyone. I really, really don't think this Sakurai guy of which you speak would lie to us about dlc- thats just cruel. I wouldn't be surprised if they snuck in landmaster, though.

Top Bottom