• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just another one of the "possibilities": Ragna the Bloodedge for Smash Ultimate!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This is certainly a sign of some sort for ArkSys reps.

Could mean something, could mean nothing, but at the very least it showcases that ArkSys is involved with Smash now.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Ya think they might do something for evo Japan besides the really crap prize for first place? Like a Ragna reveal?

Edit: to clarify I mean the SSBU first place prize.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ya think they might do something for evo Japan besides the really crap prize for first place? Like a Ragna reveal?

Edit: to clarify I mean the SSBU first place prize.
Doubt it, considering Nintendo's history with such events.

amageish

Smash Master
Spirits are a good sign! We haven't gotten a Marvelous or Koei rep, in spite of them having spirits, but it's nice to see Nintendo and ArcSys are playing nice regardless. It's also kind of well-timed given how ArcSys's 8bit crossover game and platformer fighter is coming out soon-ish in Japan.

I expect a reveal of whatever the future of BBTAG DLC will be. I don't think there will be Smash news at EVO Japan.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Spirits are a good sign! We haven't gotten a Marvelous or Koei rep, in spite of them having spirits, but it's nice to see Nintendo and ArcSys are playing nice regardless. It's also kind of well-timed given how ArcSys's 8bit crossover game and platformer fighter is coming out soon-ish in Japan.
It's better than nothing, but I forget what Marvelous and Koei gave us. Probably worth comparing their Smash candidates to what ArkSys has, as I feel the company is in an interesting position.

amageish

Smash Master
It's better than nothing, but I forget what Marvelous and Koei gave us. Probably worth comparing their Smash candidates to what ArkSys has, as I feel the company is in an interesting position.
Koei co-owns Fatal Frame (or Project Zero, depending on where you are) with Nintendo, so they had a co-owned property in Smash from the beginning - a similar situation to ATLUS co-owning Tokyo Mirage Sessions and getting Tsubasa as a spirit. Marvelous owns Daemon X Machina, which Nintendo localized/published for them outside of Japan, possibly against Nintendo's better judgement given the reviews it got.

Koei obviously has Ryu Hayabusa as a major request, in addition to characters from Dead or Alive, Dynasty Warriors (though that would mean historical figures in Smash, which would be odd), Nioh, and Atelier. Marvelous has IPs like Senran Kagura, Story of Seasons (formerly known as Harvest Moon in the west), Rune Factory, and a lot of other random smaller IPs.

Hey, we've got ATLUS, ArcSys, and Marvelous spirits... Just need French Bread (and technically Rooster Teeth, but that's not happening) spirits to make a BBTAG Spirit battle in Smash!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Koei co-owns Fatal Frame (or Project Zero, depending on where you are) with Nintendo, so they had a co-owned property in Smash from the beginning - a similar situation to ATLUS co-owning Tokyo Mirage Sessions and getting Tsubasa as a spirit. Marvelous owns Daemon X Machina, which Nintendo localized/published for them outside of Japan, possibly against Nintendo's better judgement given the reviews it got.

Koei obviously has Ryu Hayabusa as a major request, in addition to characters from Dead or Alive, Dynasty Warriors (though that would mean historical figures in Smash, which would be odd), Nioh, and Atelier. Marvelous has IPs like Senran Kagura, Story of Seasons (formerly known as Harvest Moon in the west), Rune Factory, and a lot of other random smaller IPs.

Hey, we've got ATLUS, ArcSys, and Marvelous spirits... Just need French Bread (and technically Rooster Teeth, but that's not happening) spirits to make a BBTAG Spirit battle in Smash!
Is it weird I kinda wish RWBY was a video game series? Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but I feel like it would better as a video game than as a webseries.

Anyway, Ragna has one less competitor, so that's nice. Feel bad for Kunio fans, though.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Honestly, River City spirits means Nintendo and Arc System Works has discussed and negotiated stuff to some capacity. With what, whether it's just spirits or a full blown character we don't know but that is a big step up compared to other companies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Certainly some rep possibilities(Mostly on the Koei side), but I do wonder how the whole fighting game rep angle will effect things. I feel like fighting games are something Sakurai wants to keep representing in Smash, so a character from an ArkSys fighter could fill that desire while adding something new. I could easily be wrong though, as Byleth showcased where these sort of assumptions can lead to.

amageish

Smash Master
Is it weird I kinda wish RWBY was a video game series? Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but I feel like it would better as a video game than as a webseries.
I do recall seeing a weird amount of support for RWBY in Smash when Jon Cartwright was doing his big twitter thread on potential female Smash newcomers. The franchise is seemingly often thought of as more of a gaming thing then an anime thing...

Certainly some rep possibilities(Mostly on the Koei side), but I do wonder how the whole fighting game rep angle will effect things. I feel like fighting games are something Sakurai wants to keep representing in Smash, so a character from an ArkSys fighter could fill that desire while adding something new. I could easily be wrong though, as Byleth showcased where these sort of assumptions can lead to.
I mean, obviously Dead or Alive (and kind of Senran Kagura) also are major fighting game franchises, but it would be interesting to see an anime fighter get a rep from Smash if it happens. Though, yeah, let's not take it as confirmed just quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite yet haha.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I do recall seeing a weird amount of support for RWBY in Smash when Jon Cartwright was doing his big twitter thread on potential female Smash newcomers. The franchise is seemingly often thought of as more of a gaming thing then an anime thing...
I wish RWBY was a video game, because then Ruby Rose would be eligible for Smash. And that'd be sick.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think the reason RWBY feels so video game like is because of how much was inspired by video games that Monty liked. I mean, I am sure several of us can note certain things in RWBY that call to mind BlazBlue.

My only hope for a RWBY nod in Smash is a Ragna alt. That is the topest tier to hope for.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Count me in for wanting Ragna in Smash. With all the fighting game characters in this game (Ryu, Ken and Terry): I feel like an "anime fighter" rep (which is sometimes considered a subgenre of its own) should be next in order to pay tribute to that category. And well with ArcSys being considered THE anime fighters company in modern times, I can see Ragna or Sol being chosen especially if the Kunio spirits suggest Nintendo and ArcSys have been going through negotiations.

Though personally I would prefer Ragna more, even if Sol possibly getting in won't be anything bad (seeing as Ragna is already in a crossover). Though among the two: Who do you think has the "bigger" chances?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Count me in for wanting Ragna in Smash. With all the fighting game characters in this game (Ryu, Ken and Terry): I feel like an "anime fighter" rep (which is sometimes considered a subgenre of its own) should be next in order to pay tribute to that category. And well with ArcSys being considered THE anime fighters company in modern times, I can see Ragna or Sol being chosen especially if the Kunio spirits suggest Nintendo and ArcSys have been going through negotiations.

Though personally I would prefer Ragna more, even if Sol possibly getting in won't be anything bad (seeing as Ragna is already in a crossover). Though among the two: Who do you think has the "bigger" chances?
That's a difficult question. Guilty Gear was definitely ArkSys's notable fighter and is quite popular now, but it was gone for quite a long while because of legal reasons. Because of that, BlazBlue became it's successor and made a legacy of its own. On the basis of series, it's kinda hard to decide. Getting into the characters specifically also isn't a cakewalk.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
That's a difficult questiom. Guilty Gear was definitely ArkSys's notable fighter and is quite popular now, but it was gone for quite a long while because of legal reasons. Because of that, BlazBlue became it's successor and made a legacy of its own. On the basis of series, it's kinda hard to decide. Getting into the characters specifically also isn't a cakewalk.
Wait, what legal issues with Guilty Gear? This is the first time I'm hearing it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Wait, what legal issues with Guilty Gear? This is the first time I'm hearing it.
I am not too knowledgeable about it, but because of matters of ownership ArkSys couldn't make Guilty Gear games anymore, leading to the creation of BlazBlue as a successor. Obviously, that did eventually get sorted out.

Last edited:

Mordrehr

Smash Rookie
This is certainly a sign of some sort for ArkSys reps.

Could mean something, could mean nothing, but at the very least it showcases that ArkSys is involved with Smash now.
Could be a sign, could not be. Like BernkastalWitch said, to get the Kunio-kun spirits in some talks would have had to taken place but those talks could have only been about these spirits. Really hope it was more than that though ArcSys deserve a rep imo

In general, I would think that Sol would have more of a chance than Ragna considering Guilty Gear was what put ArcSys on the map for quality fighting games and Sakurai likes to focus on legacy stuff. But who knows, Sakurai could be a secret fan of BlazBlue and we just don't know it lol.

With Guilty Gear Strive coming out, Arc System Works could try to push Sol into Smash for advertising but I'm not entirely confident GGST could even run on the Switch considering the graphical fidelity and how far Strive is going in the visual department. That could potentially hurt Sol's chances as well as the fact both Xrd games are also not available on Switch. Meanwhile, the latest version of the BB mainline games as well as BBTAG 2.0 releasing recently could potentially steer an ArcSys slot in Ragna's favour.

Back in the 1990/2000s, ArcSys did contract work for companies like Sega and, the people who had the rights to Guilty Gear, Sammy Corporation before they were able to publish their own games. Sammy merged with Sega and then the rights were with Sega. Then I think 2011, ArcSys bought the rights back from them and now here we are.

It's nice to see some posts again in the Ragna thread as well as some new faces. Very cool

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If any of you are interested, they're rating Ragna's chances of being DLC on the Rate Their Chances thread. Although I should probably mention that they're also rating Sol Badguy, so there may be a bit of a debate going on, if the Geno and Sora day is any indicator...

amageish

Smash Master
If any of you are interested, they're rating Ragna's chances of being DLC on the Rate Their Chances thread. Although I should probably mention that they're also rating Sol Badguy, so there may be a bit of a debate going on, if the Geno and Sora day is any indicator...
The results are interesting thus far!

I'm not super shocked that Sol is being rated higher on average, but I do find a lot of the logic behind said higher ratings to be kind of funny? I mean, multiple people seem unaware of the fact that Sol does, in fact, also wield a sword. Sol being older doesn't mean that much when, like, Joker happened? I mean, it's fine to want Sol more and he definitely could get in over Ragna, but I find it funny how many people treat Sol as a lock and Ragna as irrelevant.

KillerCage

Smash Master
The results are interesting thus far!

I'm not super shocked that Sol is being rated higher on average, but I do find a lot of the logic behind said higher ratings to be kind of funny? I mean, multiple people seem unaware of the fact that Sol does, in fact, also wield a sword. Sol being older doesn't mean that much when, like, Joker happened? I mean, it's fine to want Sol more and he definitely could get in over Ragna, but I find it funny how many people treat Sol as a lock and Ragna as irrelevant.
I did get that impression too.
The Newcomer thread was more receptive to the idea Ragna getting in over Sol, but not by much.
Apparently Gulity Gear and Blazblue have five games each on Nintendo systems.
I do find it funny that people conveniently forget that Ragna "sword" is actually a scythe that folds into a sword.

amageish

Smash Master
I did get that impression too.
The Newcomer thread was more receptive to the idea Ragna getting in over Sol, but not by much.
Apparently Gulity Gear and Blazblue have five games each on Nintendo systems.
I do find it funny that people conveniently forget that Ragna "sword" is actually a scythe that folds into a sword.
Well, that's good to know. I'm glad it isn't seen as a clean sweep by everyone...

True! They both have had roughly equal Nintendo presences, though BlazBlue has had more exclusives (not that all of those exclusives were, like, actually good).

Yeah, definitely. I mean, I get that a lot of the ratings haven't done research beyond a google images search, but it's still funny that Sol's technically-a-sword looks enough like not-a-sword that people say it isn't one, while Ranga's technically-not-a-sword looks enough like a sword that people say it is one.

I'd honestly be fine with either Sol or Ragna, but I'd hardly say it is a easy bet about which one would happen first.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Objectively speaking, Ragna should be the one to happen first. Design be damned, his base mechanic, Soul Eater, brings life stealing into Smash moreso than the completely limited way it already is in currently. Currently, Robin is the only character that steals life. Meanwhile, Sol's main gimmick, Dragon Install, is already Joker's main gimmick. Summoning Arsene literally has almost exactly the same implications as Dragon Install does. Soul Eater alone already makes Ragna a more interesting character mechanically.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Sol Badguy should be the one to happen first, as he was the start of the anime fighter genre. Guilty Gear opened the door for the existence of BlazBlue, Under Night and so on, so it would make sense for him to be first, similarly to how Ryu was the first character for traditional fighters. Dragon Install is only one of the things he'd bring to the table, and even then, it is functionally different to Arsene. Roman Cancels would be the main hype mechanic he'd bring to the table (not to say Dragon Install wouldn't be ****in' awesome, because it would).

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Sol Badguy should be the one to happen first, as he was the start of the anime fighter genre. Guilty Gear opened the door for the existence of BlazBlue, Under Night and so on, so it would make sense for him to be first, similarly to how Ryu was the first character for traditional fighters. Dragon Install is only one of the things he'd bring to the table, and even then, it is functionally different to Arsene. Roman Cancels would be the main hype mechanic he'd bring to the table (not to say Dragon Install wouldn't be ****in' awesome, because it would).
Sorry I just literally cannot agree. Roman cancels in the context of smash have zero way of working in a good way just because of how Smash is. Notice how I never said Ragna should have rapids? Yeah. So that more or less leaves Sol's gimmick as being either meter(yeah no) or Dragon Install.

Also, as we get more and more specific about "milestones", they stop being very convincing. The FGC outside Capcom is already extremely small-scale for what it is, and the AFGC is only even more small scale. There's just zero argument for "Sol SHOULD be in over Ragna" because at the end of the day, that's not going to end up mattering.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I just literally cannot agree. Roman cancels in the context of smash have zero way of working in a good way just because of how Smash is. Notice how I never said Ragna should have rapids? Yeah. So that more or less leaves Sol's gimmick as being either meter(yeah no) or Dragon Install.

Also, as we get more and more specific about "milestones", they stop being very convincing. The FGC outside Capcom is already extremely small-scale for what it is, and the AFGC is only even more small scale. There's just zero argument for "Sol SHOULD be in over Ragna" because at the end of the day, that's not going to end up mattering.
It's not that Ragna shouldn't get in, it's just that, similar to Ryu being in before Terry was, I think it's best for Sol to get in before Ragna. And Roman Cancels could definitely work, not sure what's convinced you otherwise. And the way he builds up meter would be a welcome change compared to what Joker has.

ElenoreBR

Smash Rookie
I don't think that's necessarily the case, i think sometimes popularity and wider appeal count for more than legacy, for example we had a Final Fantasy rep before a Dragon Quest rep, and they picked a Persona rep instead of a Shin Megami Tensei rep.

But even when considering that i think it's hard to predict who would be the ASW rep, Guilty Gear is certainly more popular than Blazblue in the west, but i don't know if that's the case in Japan.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I just recently got into Blazblue, and I've come to say that I definitely support a potential rep from the series, be it Ragna, Noel, or someone out of left field.

Also, if Ragna gets in, we get to hear him shout "INFERNO DIVIDER" in Smash, which is a win by itself. Kek.

But seriously, I support Ragna. He'd represent a side of fighting games that Ryu, Ken, and Terry lack. He'd probably be very fun and unique while still being balanced too. The lifesteal might be a little strong in a game like Smash, but it's not like we don't already have characters who can heal (:ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultrobin:), so I'm sure it'll be fine.

BTW, other DLC characters have had their own special gimmicks, so do you think Ragna might get something like that too? I was thinking they might incorporate the heat gauge and have distortion drives as super moves, similar to Terry's (with the exception that you can't spam them, obviously). They also might be able to give him counter assault and crush trigger, depending on how far they want to go. Regardless, it's an interesting topic to speculate about.

Last edited:

Mordrehr

Smash Rookie
I just recently got into Blazblue, and I've come to say that I definitely support a potential rep from the series, be it Ragna, Noel, or someone out of left field.

Also, if Ragna gets in, we get to hear him shout "INFERNO DIVIDER" in Smash, which is a win by itself. Kek.

But seriously, I support Ragna. He'd represent a side of fighting games that Ryu, Ken, and Terry lack. He'd probably be very fun and unique while still being balanced too. The lifesteal might be a little strong in a game like Smash, but it's not like we don't already have characters who can heal (:ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultrobin:), so I'm sure it'll be fine.

BTW, other DLC characters have had their own special gimmicks, so do you think Ragna might get something like that too? I was thinking they might incorporate the heat gauge and have distortion drives as super moves, similar to Terry's (with the exception that you can't spam them, obviously). They also might be able to give him counter assault and crush trigger, depending on how far they want to go. Regardless, it's an interesting topic to speculate about.
Soul Eater would have to be a necessity for Ragna since that is his drive/main gimmick in BlazBlue. I think they could make him lighter than usual to balance it out. Not only that, but it'd remain faithful to the character since Ragna has always had a low health amount in the games, but his drive makes his potential health huge. Making it so he can get knocked away easily but also have the chance to recover from that loss would make him an exciting character to play imo. I don't think it'd be too overpowered were they to follow that line of thinking. I personally think this will be the main mechanic if Ragna was to ever get into Smash Bros.

As for the heat gauge, I would imagine they would most likely skip that since it'd be way to complex for a single mechanic with all it's different uses (Rapid Cancels, Crush Triggers, etc) as well as the UI would be too small to keep track of within combat. I believe he might still recieve his Distortion Drives though, but whether that would be enabled through the Smash ball and have it like Ryu/Ken wherein he lets out Carnage Scissors when far away or Devoured by Darkness up close or it works like Terry and at some point he gains the ability to unleash those moves. The only problem with the latter is that with his Drive, he would have a hard time reaching that point so it would be kind of counter-intuitive to do so. Perhaps they will incorporate the heat gauge but instead of it going to 100 and having many different uses, it fills up once and allows the use of a single Distortion Drive. That could work instead.

This is also why I don't see Sol Badguy working in general if we were to get an ArcSys rep because of how the Tension Gauge works in GG and Guilty Gear doesn't necessarily have a gimmick button. Sol's gimmick being Dragon Install would be very similar to how Joker operates and, while I'm sure he'd be a fun character in and of himself, I would assume Nintendo would like to create whole new mechanics/gimmicks for each new character as we have had so far.

As for Crush Trigger, I could see them incorporating that as one of his Smash attacks. It would act like it does in BlazBlue wherein you can charge it for a longer period to inflict more hitstun on hit and more shield damage on shield, promoting more mixup opportunities wherein the enemy has to stay on their toes as to not get their shield depleted and if they are baiting into rolling and get hit, they eat a lot of damage and are in a combo for longer due to CT's effects. That may be a bit too overpowered at that point though. I do not see Counter Assault making it into the game however.

Also hearing Patrick Seitz screaming his Ragna lines in Smash would definitely be a highlight of the character lol.

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I was thinking that his soul eater could probably work well for Smash attacks. 5D could be Forward Smash, 6D could be Up Smash, and 2D could be Down Smash. As for j.D, I was thinking that that could possibly be his neutral special, albeit only while in the air. On the ground his neutral special would probably be Dead Spike. Likewise, I could probably see his side special being either Hell's Fang or Gauntlet Hades depending on whether he's grounded or in the air (I know Gauntlet Hades can be used on the ground too, but I'm trying to predict what Sakurai might do). Alternatively, they may make Hell's Fang a forward special and Gauntlet Hades a back special, which also seems reasonable. His Down Special could be Blood Scythe, although I could also see Not Over Yet being incorporated in some way. Up Special would of course be Inferno Divider. And of course, any move with a followup could simply have it performed by pressing the button again. Straight Punch and Axe Kick could be decided between by pressing either the normal or special button.

I don't know if he'd have command inputs or not, but if he did, they would probably have to either leave out one move, or alternatively make the normal and special buttons perform different actions for each command input. So I guess, 236B for Dead Spike, 236A for Hell's Fang, 214B for Blood Scythe, 214A for Gauntlet Hades, and 623A/B for Inferno Divider. Although this isn't entirely accurate to BB, it seems like something Sakurai might do. Although let's be real. Nobody can really predict what he'll do.

Also, do you think he would have an airdash? It's a feature that Smash hasn't really seen before and I'm unsure if they would add something like that just for one character. But it could certainly be interesting.

Last edited:

ElenoreBR

Smash Rookie
Airdashes are a staple of Blazblue's subgenre, that is even called "airdashers" by a lot of people, so it would be a must have.

But i think Blood Kain, alongside Soul Eater, would probably end up being his main gimmick. I could also see them going with the Calamity Trigger/Continuum Shift version of BK where it drained his health to make different from other power up mechanics.

Last edited:

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
I'm in the midst of working on a Ragna moveset concept after having already put together a moveset concept for Sol sometime last year (which I ended up revising after both the Terry reveal and Venus's front page article), and a couple of thoughts:

The Tension gauge for Sol or the Heat gauge for Ragna could probably be doable as-is, since multiple characters have horizontal meters (Robin and Hero come to mind), plus both the Heat and Tension gauges are usually segmented and iirc are also color-coded depending on how much you have built up. On top of that, I think a lot of typical anime fighter mechanics (air dashes, chainable normals, maybe super jumps) would stand out enough in the context of Smash for either character to be unique with just those (though Ragna having Soul Eater would also set him apart a bit more). Chaining normals into each other isn't really a thing in official Smash games unless you count jab combos (note that I say "official" because PM Lucario exists).

That said, if they did want to avoid having a horizontal meter, Ragna could work with a meter mechanic modeled after BBTAG, complete with the weird crescent-shaped Skill Gauge. No rapid cancels and none of the defense mechanics, but he could have EX specials or Distortion Skills like in BBTAG.

Also, what are y'all's thoughts on what his specials would be? Dead Spike as neutral special, Hell's Fang as grounded side-special, air dash as aerial side-special, and Inferno Divider as up-special seem like no-brainers, but I'm not sure what else to go with.

Maybe Blood Scythe or Gauntlet Hades as down-special? Crush Trigger as a grounded down-special and Nightmare Edge as an aerial down-special? Just Crush Trigger as down-special both on the ground and in the air? Maybe Gauntlet Hades as a back-special *and* one of the other ideas as a down-special? One of the biggest issues I've run into when trying to figure out which specials to include is, uh

it's all qcbs.png

The best solution I have so far is either:
A) have Crush trigger as dspecial,
B) take the Terry route and have Hell's Fang as a QCF and don't have a motion version of Dead Spike, or
C) do both and put his QCB move on back-special

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The best solution I have so far is either:
A) have Crush trigger as dspecial,
B) take the Terry route and have Hell's Fang as a QCF and don't have a motion version of Dead Spike, or
C) do both and put his QCB move on back-special
I'd say Option C would be best, but mostly because I wanna see the "back-special" thing Terry introduced done with more characters.

Also, because Blood Scythe is a cool lookin' move.

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
I was gonna go with Gauntlet Hades (both because I'm kinda looking to BBTAG for an idea of what a "simplified" version of Ragna might look like, and because I'm a sucker for rekkas) but Blood Scythe could work.

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I was gonna go with Gauntlet Hades (both because I'm kinda looking to BBTAG for an idea of what a "simplified" version of Ragna might look like, and because I'm a sucker for rekkas) but Blood Scythe could work.
Ooooh, you make a good point with the rekka. Smash is sorely lacking in such moves.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I just finished making my Ragna moveset.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O9mQC6n0xGGa0eD9IFobTWHUVAsYtnpYLWSUb25eqbs/edit?usp=sharing

I'm actually very surprised that I managed to fit almost all of Ragna's moves into it. The only glaring omissions are the followups to Inferno Divider, and Blood Kain. For the former, that was on purpose, since I felt that spiking the opponent with Axe Kick or just killing them outright with Straight Punch would be a little too strong, considering that Inferno Divider would be pretty easy to combo into in a game like Smash. As for the latter, however, I just couldn't properly decide how I wanted it to be implemented. In the end I decided to just not use it, since I thought the moveset was already interesting enough without it.

I was also torn on using Blood Scythe and Nightmare Edge. I knew I wanted one of them to be Down Air and the other to be Down Special, but I couldn't decide properly. I eventually decided on using Nightmare Edge for Down Special, due to its followup, making it more similar to his other specials. Also, its primary use in BlazBlue is as an aerial combo ender, which I felt suited a special more, due to him being able to cancel some normals into specials.

I think that adding all of the features of the Heat Gauge might have been a little too much, but if you want to, you can just pretend that that feature doesn't exist. It doesn't affect the rest of the moveset at all.

In hindsight, I may have made his throws a little too good (Forward Throw in particular), but I don't know how I would change them without making it seem less faithful to his actual throws in BlazBlue. At the very least I didn't give him an airthrow (lol).

Anyway, thoughts?

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sadly, it appears that ArcSys has no plans for a BBTAG version 3.0, meaning that the game is done. On the one hand, some of those series had glaring omissions in their rosters (i.e. not everyone from the Investigation Team was brought back). On the other hand, that means Team Blue is free to work on something new, maybe even the next Blazblue game.

Top Bottom