• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just another one of the "possibilities": Ragna the Bloodedge for Smash Ultimate!

amageish

Smash Master
I have a quick question in regards to BBTAG: what is the situation on the datamined announcer sounds, specifically these?

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019...acters-including-2-series-not-currently-game/
100% of the characters added via the 2.0 update are in those files, including the 2 series that were unannounced when the files were discovered. That said, it seems unlikely that every character who has an announcer file prepared for them will be made playable. It's more likely they just wanted to be prepared. I would be skeptical about the idea of anyone not in the files becoming playable though (RIP Penny).

I don't know much about Celica(I do know Terumi hates her, but Terumi isn't in BBTAG), so what do you expect from her interactions?
I mean, she is kind of trope-y as a character (headstrong and always willing to help others, which will probably lead to her being a reoccuring ally in the story), but I want to see how people react to Minerva. I imagine that the Persona crowd will assume that the giant personification of a Roman goddess she is summoning is, well, a persona. She may also talk to Aigis about it, given how they have the Greek vs Roman versions of the same goddess.

Yeah, I liked the chosen characters as well. I would've loved to see more RWBY representation, but I am 100% fine with just having Neo for now. I can't wait to see what they do with the villains.
Yeah, the way they were introduced makes me think they may have some sort of uneasy alliance that leads to the next story arc occuring. I'm pretty hyped to see what happens.

As far as RWBY reps go, I'd be content with just Pyrrah or Nora. They're two of my favorite characters from the show and they'd be really fun to use in a fighting game. I mean, a Thor-like character with a hammer/grenade launcher combo is great.

I'm digging the direction BBTag is going though and the new mechanics seem interesting. It made me want to pick up the game again. Also, Elizabeth, Hilda, and Adachi? Nice. I main Hilda and Wagner in UNIST, so I finally have an Under Night character in this game I actually use. As for the BlazBlue reps, Susanoo and Celica make sense. I would have liked Izanami (there's a lot of antagonists in this batch of characters), but there's always next time.
Both very good choices! I'm definitely betting on Pyrrah being next as far as RWBY goes, assuming they don't continue to double-down on villains.

I'm really happy about the DLC selection too! I hope we get to see the Izanagi-users and Izanami interact some day soon, but this is still fantastic for now.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mean, she is kind of trope-y as a character (headstrong and always willing to help others, which will probably lead to her being a reoccuring ally in the story), but I want to see how people react to Minerva. I imagine that the Persona crowd will assume that the giant personification of a Roman goddess she is summoning is, well, a persona. She may also talk to Aigis about it, given how they have the Greek vs Roman versions of the same goddess.
With what little I know, I can imagine them also playing off her whole healing thing.
Yeah, the way they were introduced makes me think they may have some sort of uneasy alliance that leads to the next story arc occuring. I'm pretty hyped to see what happens.
And you know from past discussion how much I would love that. Curious how they will handle Adachi's characterization in this however, considering what he was like in Ultimax. Really hope the Akatsuki Blitzkampf villains can get in on it when they eventually show up.
Both very good choices! I'm definitely betting on Pyrrah being next as far as RWBY goes, assuming they don't continue to double-down on villains.

I'm really happy about the DLC selection too! I hope we get to see Adachi and Izanami interact some day soon, but this is still fantastic for now.
And if they do double down on villains, then it would likely be Cinder. Wonder if it would be pre or post V3 Cinder, as Neo is very clearly post V3(One of her outro's even has her shifting to her new look in late V6).

That would be great to see, though it would hinge on how they would explain Izanami in the context of the crossover.

amageish

Smash Master
With what little I know, I can imagine them also playing off her whole healing thing.
Definitely. She can also join Yukiko in the healing moves squad.

And you know from past discussion how much I would love that. Curious how they will handle Adachi's characterization in this however, considering what he was like in Ultimax. Really hope the Akatsuki Blitzkampf villains can get in on it when they eventually show up.
Yeah, totally agreed. I feel like he'll be fun to see, given his commentary in the trailer itself. I guess Blitztank and Neo are currently the supporting villains, with Cinder and Perfecti turning up later (if they continue to add story content). It will be interesting to see people interact with the literal Nazis.

And if they do double down on villains, then it would likely be Cinder. Wonder if it would be pre or post V3 Cinder, as Neo is very clearly post V3(One of her outro's even has her shifting to her new look in late V6).
I would assume post-V3, but that would be harder to explain canonically given how Cinder can, you know, speak. It would be interesting seeing a comedy take on Cinder/Neo post-V3 talking to team RWBY from pre-V1. I would expect a lot of arm puns.

That would be great to see, though it would hinge on how they would explain Izanami in the context of the crossover.
That is also true. I'm guessing something vague to explain it away haha.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I don't know much about Celica(I do know Terumi hates her, but Terumi isn't in BBTAG), so what do you expect from her interactions?
Let's see:

Jubei is her brother in law, so they're going to have friendly banter, and they might bring up Nine or the past.

She can be as wholesome and innocent as Tao, so their banter will be dumb fun. Tao is a cat like Celica's brother.

You know who else is a cat? Blake.

Ruby will love Celica's 'weapon'. More so than usual since it is sentient.

Mika gets lost easily; Celica is also hilariously bad at directions. The game will point this out when the two are paired together.

Nine is her overprotective older sister, so Nine is going to be the cool older sibling when they're on teams. Nine will also break character around Celica, similar to how she does with Jubei.

Rachel loves Ragna like Celica does. Rachel will either pity her (doubly so since Celica is a Chronophantasma) or treat her with respect (well, as much respect as Rachel can give).

1/3 of Platinum's soul was good friends with Celica; when they win, Trinity will take over and reminisce about the good times.

In a weird cosmic sort of way Jin is like an adopted son to Celica. Hakumen is Jin (Kinda. It's complicated). Expect special dialogue.

She has a mutual connection with Sector 7, so they'll be special dialogue with Makoto and Tager.

She's going to act motherly around Ragna, Jin, and Noel. Especially Ragna.

Orie has the whole nun vibe going on; Celica was literally a nun. They're going to have a special bond.

Heart has a clumsy tripping attack just like Celica does. They're both overly pure, too. Power of love.

While she isn't ditzy or clumsy like Heart and Celica, Yumi also has the innocent maiden thing going on. They'll click.

Aigis and Labrys will be able to understand Minerva, a seemingly soulless automaton that's actually alive that Celica can somehow communicate with even though Minerva doesn't speak.

Elizabeth will take an interest in her. They're both friendly, cheery, fun-loving younger sisters who love the protagonist in their respective series.

Hilda can be sadistic like Celica's sister Nine, but (like Celica) she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Hilda also does things like play with model trains (has hidden depths), and is surprisingly chill for an antagonist. In both of their respective games, Nine, Celica, and Hilda are all also absurdly powerful (but in different ways; Celica doesn't fight, for example). All three will have chemistry. Celica is the type to bring out Hilda's less villainous side.

Adachi will hate her guts.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Definitely. She can also join Yukiko in the healing moves squad.
What about Elizebeth?
Yeah, totally agreed. I feel like he'll be fun to see, given his commentary in the trailer itself. I guess Blitztank and Neo are currently the supporting villains, with Cinder and Perfecti turning up later (if they continue to add story content). It will be interesting to see people interact with the literal Nazis.
Let's not forget that both of those supporting villains have traitorous tendencies, especially towards those who they served in their original series(Neo has not betrayed Cinder as of yet, but I think most of us are expecting it considering her theme and other hints). While I do think BBTAG will mainly try to put the whole Nazi thing in the background, I kinda like the idea of one of the villains from a world where the Nazis were a thing to pull a Joker on this topic.

(Yeah, I know no one in this game is American, but you get my point)
I would assume post-V3, but that would be harder to explain canonically given how Cinder can, you know, speak. It would be interesting seeing a comedy take on Cinder/Neo post-V3 talking to team RWBY from pre-V1. I would expect a lot of arm puns.
I almost think they would choose a time frame based off Cinder's look. In BBTAG the RWBY characters seem to inherit there most iconic look at the time, but this is a very difficult distinction to make with Cinder de to how many different looks she has had. I will say though, Pre V3 Ruby running onto post V3 Cinder would be both the most hilarious/terrifying thing they could do with this concept.
Let's see:

Jubei is her brother in law, so they're going to have friendly banter, and they might bring up Nine or the past.

She can be as wholesome and innocent as Tao, so their banter will be dumb fun. Tao is a cat like Celica's brother.

You know who else is a cat? Blake.

Ruby will love Celica's 'weapon'. More so than usual since it is sentient.

Mika gets lost easily; Celica is also hilariously bad at directions. The game will point this out when the two are paired together.

Nine is her overprotective older sister, so Nine is going to be the cool older sibling when they're on teams. Nine will also break character around Celica, similar to how she does with Jubei.

Rachel loves Ragna like Celica does. Rachel will either pity her (doubly so since Celica is a Chronophantasma) or treat her with respect (well, as much respect as Rachel can give).

1/3 of Platinum's soul was good friends with Celica; when they win, Trinity will take over and reminisce about the good times.

In a weird cosmic sort of way Jin is like an adopted son to Celica. Hakumen is Jin (Kinda. It's complicated). Expect special dialogue.

She has a mutual connection with Sector 7, so they'll be special dialogue with Makoto and Tager.

She's going to act motherly around Ragna, Jin, and Noel. Especially Ragna.

Orie has the whole nun vibe going on; Celica was literally a nun. They're going to have a special bond.

Heart has a clumsy tripping attack just like Celica does. They're both overly pure, too. Power of love.

While she isn't ditzy or clumsy like Heart and Celica, Yumi also has the innocent maiden thing going on. They'll click.

Aigis and Labrys will be able to understand Minerva, a seemingly soulless automaton that's actually alive that Celica can somehow communicate with even though Minerva doesn't speak.

Elizabeth will take an interest in her. They're both friendly, cheery, fun-loving younger sisters who love the protagonist in their respective series.

Hilda can be sadistic like Celica's sister Nine, but (like Celica) she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Hilda also does things like play with model trains (has hidden depths), and is surprisingly chill for an antagonist. In both of their respective games, Nine, Celica, and Hilda are all also absurdly powerful (but in different ways; Celica doesn't fight, for example). All three will have chemistry. Celica is the type to bring out Hilda's less villainous side.

Adachi will hate her guts.
This was some fun predictions, but my brain hurts from trying to keep track of all of these connections. Seriously, the story of BB without context is bizarre.

amageish

Smash Master
What about Elizebeth?
Right! Hadn't thought of that. She can also join the squad.

Let's not forget that both of those supporting villains have traitorous tendencies, especially towards those who they served in their original series(Neo has not betrayed Cinder as of yet, but I think most of us are expecting it considering her theme and other hints). While I do think BBTAG will mainly try to put the whole Nazi thing in the background, I kinda like the idea of one of the villains from a world where the Nazis were a thing to pull a Joker on this topic.

(Yeah, I know no one in this game is American, but you get my point)
True. Neo and Tank may become good guys in BBTAG, though I'm not sure how effectively they will communicate that... I guess Blitztank can talk for the both of them, slowly and mechanically...

That would be hilarious. Nazis have (in?)famously turned up in the Persona universe before, so Adachi can provide the historical insight haha.

I almost think they would choose a time frame based off Cinder's look. In BBTAG the RWBY characters seem to inherit there most iconic look at the time, but this is a very difficult distinction to make with Cinder de to how many different looks she has had. I will say though, Pre V3 Ruby running onto post V3 Cinder would be both the most hilarious/terrifying thing they could do with this concept.
That is a good point... I'd probably go with pre-V3 Cinder as the more famous design, but the more complex current design is definitely cooler. Also, yeah, it would be some A+ fanservice to casually be breaking the canon and confusing everyone about the timeline.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
True. Neo and Tank may become good guys in BBTAG, though I'm not sure how effectively they will communicate that... I guess Blitztank can talk for the both of them, slowly and mechanically...

That would be hilarious. Nazis have (in?)famously turned up in the Persona universe before, so Adachi can provide the historical insight haha.
I don't think they would become full time good guys, but they certainly would work with their own interests above everything else. Interesting thing, I did see Blitztank have a victory quote after the match, but it just seemed to be the same kanji over and over. I wonder what it means. I hope people start translating the interactions shown in the streams, especially now that subtitles are a thing. From what I saw, it appears Neo and Hilda have an interaction.

Adachi ditching the bad guys because of Nazis being in the group would be hilarious.

Anyway, I am really curious how they are going to use Susanoo in BBTAG. It makes sense to add him over Terumi from a gameplay perspective, but it's still getting into some pretty big BB developments. From my limited perspective, I could see some interactions between him and Hazama, Jubei, Hakumen, Celica, and Yosuke.

amageish

Smash Master
I don't think they would become full time good guys, but they certainly would work with their own interests above everything else. Interesting thing, I did see Blitztank have a victory quote after the match, but it just seemed to be the same kanji over and over. I wonder what it means. I hope people start translating the interactions shown in the streams, especially now that subtitles are a thing. From what I saw, it appears Neo and Hilda have an interaction.
That makes sense, yeah. And oh. Interesting! Maybe he has metallic mutterings, in addition to occasional words? A translation of that would be great for sure. I did see that Neo/Hilda interacted, so that is cool. People seem very amused by the "..." response.

Adachi ditching the bad guys because of Nazis being in the group would be hilarious.
[The Investigation Team rushes in]
Yu: We're here to put an end to your scheme Adachi!
Adachi: Wha? Oh, I gave that up a couple hours ago. Did you know the tank has a ****ing human trapped inside of it? That's some twisted ****. Anyway, have fun with the punching, kiddos. Best of luck saving the multiverse or whatever.
[Adachi walks away]

Anyway, I am really curious how they are going to use Susanoo in BBTAG. It makes sense to add him over Terumi from a gameplay perspective, but it's still getting into some pretty big BB developments. From my limited perspective, I could see some interactions between him and Hazama, Jubei, Hakumen, Celica, and Yosuke.
Yeah, I do wonder how they will treat him. Actually, all of the villains have some pretty in-depth lore behind them, so it may require some exposition in the story...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That makes sense, yeah. And oh. Interesting! Maybe he has metallic mutterings, in addition to occasional words? A translation of that would be great for sure. I did see that Neo/Hilda interacted, so that is cool. People seem very amused by the "..." response.
That would make sense, especiall since he wasn't all that talkative even when he started to rebel. And as for the Neo dialogue, what did people expect? I guess actually typing up the silence is funnier than not typing up anything at all.
[The Investigation Team rushes in]
Yu: We're here to put an end to your scheme Adachi!
Adachi: Wha? Oh, I gave that up a couple hours ago. Did you know the tank has a ****ing human trapped inside of it? That's some twisted ****. Anyway, have fun with the punching, kiddos. Best of luck saving the multiverse or whatever.
[Adachi walks away]
You know, Adachi would actually dislike that fact about Blitztank, considering his philosophy both before and after his defeat. He is all about following his own personal games for enjoyment, so the idea of being forced into a state of being that is likely constantly painful and has little free will would disgust him.
Yeah, I do wonder how they will treat him. Actually, all of the villains have some pretty in-depth lore behind them, so it may require some exposition in the story...
Sure, but I don't think they have the same pain as being an advanced form of a character that is not even in the game, who in himself was another version of a character that is in the game. It's really weird, especially when one of the intros has Terumi combining with Susanoo.

amageish

Smash Master
That would make sense, especiall since he wasn't all that talkative even when he started to rebel. And as for the Neo dialogue, what did people expect? I guess actually typing up the silence is funnier than not typing up anything at all.
Well, we'll see what happens. And, yeah, I don't know, but I guess it is entertaining. I do find it funny how people are effectively laughing at the punchline of the joke without the context, as Hilda is probably saying something that she expects Neo to respond to...

You know, Adachi would actually dislike that fact about Blitztank, considering his philosophy both before and after his defeat. He is all about following his own personal games for enjoyment, so the idea of being forced into a state of being that is likely constantly painful and has little free will would disgust him.
True! He's much more anarchy and much less Nazi.

Sure, but I don't think they have the same pain as being an advanced form of a character that is not even in the game, who in himself was another version of a character that is in the game. It's really weird, especially when one of the intros has Terumi combining with Susanoo.
I didn't notice that introduction. Yeah, uh, that'll be a pain and a half to explain. Best of luck with that, ArcSys.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Susanoo is Terumi's real name and the unit housing his spirit is his original body. His true most powerful form makes more sense to have over another human-like vessel. Simply put, Yuki Terumi is actually Susanoo.

From a story standpoint, it makes sense to have Hazama and Susanoo more than Hazama and Terumi. Especially when Hazama is a separate entity no longer connected to Terumi/Susanoo.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Susanoo is Terumi's real name and the unit housing his spirit is his original body. His true most powerful form makes more sense to have over another human-like vessel. Simply put, Yuki Terumi is actually Susanoo.

From a story standpoint, it makes sense to have Hazama and Susanoo more than Hazama and Terumi. Especially when Hazama is a separate entity no longer connected to Terumi/Susanoo.
I get that, but it is still a bit weird to skip the middle ground and go strait for the conclusion.

And again, ArkSys is probably going to find some way to put him in the story, despite how insane that may seem. Then again, they might have him appear though some illusionary scenario rather than have Terumi actually kill Hakumen and become Susanoo.

amageish

Smash Master

Here's what reports to be a bunch of the interactions for BBTAG! Yay!

Tank seems to be missing entirely, which is pretty sad. Even if he has little to say, you'd expect people would at least be interested in acknowledging the oddity that is fighting alongside a literal tank. Neo is a social butterfly in comparison, in spite of her also not being very talkactive.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Here's what reports to be a bunch of the interactions for BBTAG! Yay!

Tank seems to be missing entirely, which is pretty sad. Even if he has little to say, you'd expect people would at least be interested in acknowledging the oddity that is fighting alongside a literal tank. Neo is a social butterfly in comparison, in spite of her also not being very talkactive.
Guess it probably has something to do with it's lack of emoting, something Neo has down very well. Will say, an interaction that jumped out at me right away is Ruby and Adachi, but that might be because I have the feeling that people manipulating Ruby will happen quite a bit as the story progresses, as Hazama has already done that in episode RWBY. That sort of thing seems to line right up with Adachi, especially since only the Persona cast knows of his misdeeds as of now.

Also, Naoto/Naoto interactions are a thing and I am pleased.

amageish

Smash Master
Guess it probably has something to do with it's lack of emoting, something Neo has down very well. Will say, an interaction that jumped out at me right away is Ruby and Adachi, but that might be because I have the feeling that people manipulating Ruby will happen quite a bit as the story progresses, as Hazama has already done that in episode RWBY. That sort of thing seems to line right up with Adachi, especially since only the Persona cast knows of his misdeeds as of now.

Also, Naoto/Naoto interactions are a thing and I am pleased.
True. Neo apparently even starts the interaction with Rachel, which makes me think she may provoke people into talking just by staring at them. Adachi/Ruby is interesting, though I don't recall the story mode team-ups necessarily effecting the regular game win quotes? I do agree that a plotline like that seems likely for the story mode regardless. Chie and Neo is a fun team-up too - it could be for an ice cream food joke, I suppose?

Naoto/Naoto is the most obligatory out of all of these. Yumi and Weiss makes me happy too, as the ice queens.

Elizabeth seems short on interactions, but I assume these are just from watching VODs and there are more then listed.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
While it's by no means a 100% accurate opinion of the BBTAG community as a whole, I found these BBTAG request polls rather interesting.

Thoughts on the top characters voted for each series?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
While it's by no means a 100% accurate opinion of the BBTAG community as a whole, I found these BBTAG request polls rather interesting.

First of all, that's a lot of Senran Kagura characters. I've never played those games, so I don't know how popular it is, but I guess it means something.

Secondly,
I would just like to point out that at least three of those characters are dead. Not that that's gonna stop them from being added, just thought I'd point that out.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
First of all, that's a lot of Senran Kagura characters. I've never played those games, so I don't know how popular it is, but I guess it means something.

Secondly,
I would just like to point out that at least three of those characters are dead. Not that that's gonna stop them from being added, just thought I'd point that out.
I don't know much about Senran Kagura, but the have huge rosters, especially as the cast expanded. Kinda makes sense.

Of course, but that in itself is a big reason as to why people want them in the game. Heck, the top 2 are both dead character.

I am particularly interested in the Akatsuki Blitzkampf poll, as I went into deep research about the series not long after its reveal in BBTAG. Kanae being number 1 makes sense with her unique attributes and Perfecti seemed like a general favorite, but I was surprised by Anonym being number 2. I guess being a gun nun makes you rather popular. A shame she isn't mentioned in the name leak and that, in-story,
she is being possessed by Mycale and became Perfecti. That's also why Mycale isn't mentioned in the leak and a character called Kati is, as Kati is the body that Mycale originally possessed before moving to Anonym.

Last edited:

Mordrehr

Smash Rookie

1st to 3rd for BlazBlue is super understandable and I'd love them all. Very glad to see that Bullet, who was my vote, is the runner-up too, especially after those three. Rise being 1st for Persona makes a lot of sense and I'd really like her in to complete IT. Sho being 2nd makes me super happy too since I voted for him in the poll. Wagner being first in the UNI poll makes a lot of sense too being she's one of the most popular characters that are yet to be added, plus rounding out the Licht Kreis would be very nice. Top 3 for AH I absolutely agree with. Same with SK. I don't really have too solid of a history with the others so I'm neutral with them.

A load of my favourites were ranked high so I'm very happy with the poll results. BBTAG community has taste lol

D

Deleted member

As part of FGC and one who knows a bit of Blazblue, I'm definitely supporting. Also Arc Sys needs a rep!

amageish

Smash Master

Overall, I'm actually kind of surprised? I'll spoiler my full thoughts to avoid clogging the thread though.

BlazBlue: I like these choices, though I am kind of surprised Bullet is in fourth. I'm not too attached to her myself, but her fans are very vocal and seem to be everywhere. I imagine BB is and will continue to be the main focus of BBTAG, given how... well... it's in the name.

Persona: You can tell this is an English poll because Marie is so low haha. I'm glad to see Rise on top. I feel like, ignoring shadow characters and possibly Ken/Koromaru if they never go for puppet characters, Persona is pretty likely to get its full cast in BBTAG (if BBTAG continues to get consistent support). It's a brand that has solid recognition and P5A will have new P5 characters, so I don't think including the full 3/4 cast (minus Fuuka and the P3MC/FeMC) in BBTAG would risk people passing on P5A in favour of BBTAG.

Under Night: I don't think I've heard much about anyone beyond Wagner or Hilda in terms of fan demand, but I'm very happy to see Phonon that high up. Like with Persona, I think we could see this roster being finished off via DLC, possible expection of Chaos. It does have a new game coming out next year, but I feel like most people who would get Under Night will also get BBTAG DLC with Under Night.

RWBY: Welcome to the start of "People Will Be Sad if the Announcer Leaks Are Right!" franchises. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as these are the characters people would be hyped by and not the characters people reasonably expect, but having no Ren or Emerald is kind of hilarious. As is Qrow, a character not in the leaks, coming in third. Adam and Pyrrha coming in first and second doesn't surprise me though. Penny not making the list at all surprises me, but also I feel like a lot of her fans have given up due to the lack of a datamined name and the presence of so many robotic waifus already.

Arcana Heart: I've only played this game a couple times, so I'm not really qualified to comment. Konoha and Mei-Fang are not in the leak, but they aren't in the top three at least. As AH only requires sprites to be redrawn, versus recreated completely from scratch, I could see it getting more characters once Persona and Under-Night start running out.

Senran Kagura: Any reason that they got 15 characters when the others were limited to 10? Interesting... Anyway, Asuka strikes me as the most likely DLC character overall, given how she's the only currently-missing protagonist. Katsuragi, Ikagura, Daidoji, Yomi, Minori, Ryona, and Leo are all missing from the datamine, unfortunately. Yozakura, Yagyu, Ryobi, and Hibari are all missing from this list while being in the datamine - which is kind of impressive when you consider it's a top 15.

Akatsuki Blitzkampf: I assume that people looked at the datamine and said "I'm having nun of this," given how Anonym is here and Fritz, Da Wei, En-Ein, and Kati aren't. I find it interesting Kanae is number one over Perfecti, given our journey in the Kasumi thread from "this character seems generic" to "this character seems very interesting."

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Overall, I'm actually kind of surprised? I'll spoiler my full thoughts to avoid clogging the thread though.

BlazBlue: I like these choices, though I am kind of surprised Bullet is in fourth. I'm not too attached to her myself, but her fans are very vocal and seem to be everywhere. I imagine BB is and will continue to be the main focus of BBTAG, given how... well... it's in the name.

Persona: You can tell this is an English poll because Marie is so low haha. I'm glad to see Rise on top. I feel like, ignoring shadow characters and possibly Ken/Koromaru if they never go for puppet characters, Persona is pretty likely to get its full cast in BBTAG (if BBTAG continues to get consistent support). It's a brand that has solid recognition and P5A will have new P5 characters, so I don't think including the full 3/4 cast (minus Fuuka and the P3MC/FeMC) in BBTAG would risk people passing on P5A in favour of BBTAG.

Under Night: I don't think I've heard much about anyone beyond Wagner or Hilda in terms of fan demand, but I'm very happy to see Phonon that high up. Like with Persona, I think we could see this roster being finished off via DLC, possible expection of Chaos. It does have a new game coming out next year, but I feel like most people who would get Under Night will also get BBTAG DLC with Under Night.

RWBY: Welcome to the start of "People Will Be Sad if the Announcer Leaks Are Right!" franchises. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as these are the characters people would be hyped by and not the characters people reasonably expect, but having no Ren or Emerald is kind of hilarious. As is Qrow, a character not in the leaks, coming in third. Adam and Pyrrha coming in first and second doesn't surprise me though. Penny not making the list at all surprises me, but also I feel like a lot of her fans have given up due to the lack of a datamined name and the presence of so many robotic waifus already.

Arcana Heart: I've only played this game a couple times, so I'm not really qualified to comment. Konoha and Mei-Fang are not in the leak, but they aren't in the top three at least. As AH only requires sprites to be redrawn, versus recreated completely from scratch, I could see it getting more characters once Persona and Under-Night start running out.

Senran Kagura: Any reason that they got 15 characters when the others were limited to 10? Interesting... Anyway, Asuka strikes me as the most likely DLC character overall, given how she's the only currently-missing protagonist. Katsuragi, Ikagura, Daidoji, Yomi, Minori, Ryona, and Leo are all missing from the datamine, unfortunately. Yozakura, Yagyu, Ryobi, and Hibari are all missing from this list while being in the datamine - which is kind of impressive when you consider it's a top 15.

Akatsuki Blitzkampf: I assume that people looked at the datamine and said "I'm having nun of this," given how Anonym is here and Fritz, Da Wei, En-Ein, and Kati aren't. I find it interesting Kanae is number one over Perfecti, given our journey in the Kasumi thread from "this character seems generic" to "this character seems very interesting."
Response time.

BlazBlue: I think the desire to see her and Yang interact is strong, but that is from my very RWBY based perspective. The biggest things of note to me is Terumi beinf first(Clearly Susanoo did not deter his fans), Kagura being second(Take a guess what his interactions wiould be like), and Hibiki being as low as he is(I heard a lot of clamor for him, so it surprised me).

Persona: It all feels rather expected.

Under Night: With what Adachi did in regard to being from a newer game in the series, characters from the new Under Night wouldn't be totally out of the question. Of course, the announcer datamine doesn't have any new characters from that game, so it probably isn't happening anytime soon.

RWBY: Ren would be in the game not because anyone really was dying for him, but because JNPR would need all of it's members and/or Nora was added. Emerald getting mentioned over Mercury is still weird to me. I don't think the RWBY community didn't really take the announcer leak into account when voting(Otherwise Qrow wouldn't be as high as he is), so I think Penny is just a case of a character getting overshadowed in certain regards.

Arcana Heart: I don't know anything about this.

Senran Kagura: If I were to guess about the increased number, it probably came down to variety of votes. I could see this series being a bit more split on votes compared to the others.

Akatsuki Blitzkampf: I am just going to assume Anonym being so high is a result of her giving a similarly ridiculous impression as Blitztank, though at a more human level. IT seems many people voted for Kana on account of her unique gameplay(The thing that won us over on her in the Kasumi thread) and design. Waifus and all.

Overall, while I think people know of the leak, I don't think it mattered as much for this poll, as not everyone is as deep in speculation as we are.

Last edited:

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Hey guys. Just a friendly reminder, there is now a Twitter account dedicated to support Ragna’s Smash Bros. inclusion! Give it a follow when you got the time! Link is here:

https://twitter.com/RagnaSmash

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So I noticed on this poll that some of the games represented don't have as many characters as others. Blazblue, RWBY, Arcana Heart, and ESPECIALLY Senran Kagura seem to have enough characters to last awhile. Meanwhile, Persona, Under Night, and Akatsuki Blitzkampf can't even make ten. Do those three games not have as many characters to pick from?

This sort of leads to my next question: assuming they decide to add more franchises even after this update, what could they add? I've heard Skullgirls get thrown around a bit, but I don't know many specifics about it, only that the people who made it (but apparently don't own it) are working on Indivisible (which looks really good, BTW). Other than that, I got nothing.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So I noticed on this poll that some of the games represented don't have as many characters as others. Blazblue, RWBY, Arcana Heart, and ESPECIALLY Senran Kagura seem to have enough characters to last awhile. Meanwhile, Persona, Under Night, and Akatsuki Blitzkampf can't even make ten. Do those three games not have as many characters to pick from?

This sort of leads to my next question: assuming they decide to add more franchises even after this update, what could they add? I've heard Skullgirls get thrown around a bit, but I don't know many specifics about it, only that the people who made it (but apparently don't own it) are working on Indivisible (which looks really good, BTW). Other than that, I got nothing.
They have plenty more characters, it's just that the person making the poll decideied it was not worth going farther down than what they decided. Hilariously, there is more than a few characters that were in the announcer datamine that don't show up on some of these polls, as well characters on these polls not being in the datamine.

Edit: Also, the person who did the poll released a list of ranking of the most popular voted characters(How each series top 3 ranked). Not sure how accurate it is, considering the voting was all on a series by series basis so it's very likely people voted for multiple characters on this list, but whatever.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
A little off topic, but if BBTag ever added another franchise, I'm hoping it's Koihime Enbu. It's basically if Samurai Shodown had a baby with Arcana Hearts, and Hakumen taught that baby how to fight. The game's unique mechanic is called the Hougeki combo system. If you land a fatal counterhit, you can juggle your opponent in the air; hougekis easily allow players to come up with their own combos because there are multiple ways to launch opponents in the air, and you can chain them together any way you want. Very few fighting games feel as satisfying to land combos than this one, IMO.

Though the main reason I'm hoping it'd get into BBTag is because I want at least one of these two songs in the game:

Anyway, more on topic, I just realized that Smash would be Ragna's first (non-Chibi) 3D appearance.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If there is any series I expect to be added eventually, it would be Melty Blood. It has a similar advantage to Akatsuki Blitzkampf with Eltnum being in Under Night.
The fact that she is one of the names listed also helps, though no one else from her games are there.

amageish

Smash Master
Response time.

BlazBlue: I think the desire to see her and Yang interact is strong, but that is from my very RWBY based perspective. The biggest things of note to me is Terumi beinf first(Clearly Susanoo did not deter his fans), Kagura being second(Take a guess what his interactions wiould be like), and Hibiki being as low as he is(I heard a lot of clamor for him, so it surprised me).

Persona: It all feels rather expected.

Under Night: With what Adachi did in regard to being from a newer game in the series, characters from the new Under Night wouldn't be totally out of the question. Of course, the announcer datamine doesn't have any new characters from that game, so it probably isn't happening anytime soon.

RWBY: Ren would be in the game not because anyone really was dying for him, but because JNPR would need all of it's members and/or Nora was added. Emerald getting mentioned over Mercury is still weird to me. I don't think the RWBY community didn't really take the announcer leak into account when voting(Otherwise Qrow wouldn't be as high as he is), so I think Penny is just a case of a character getting overshadowed in certain regards.

Arcana Heart: I don't know anything about this.

Senran Kagura: If I were to guess about the increased number, it probably came down to variety of votes. I could see this series being a bit more split on votes compared to the others.

Akatsuki Blitzkampf: I am just going to assume Anonym being so high is a result of her giving a similarly ridiculous impression as Blitztank, though at a more human level. IT seems many people voted for Kana on account of her unique gameplay(The thing that won us over on her in the Kasumi thread) and design. Waifus and all.

Overall, while I think people know of the leak, I don't think it mattered as much for this poll, as not everyone is as deep in speculation as we are.
BlazBlue: True, but also I think she's just a popular waifu. Hibiki being as low as he is also surprised me, but in retrospective I hadn't heard much clamor for him insomuch as I've heard 1-2 people refer to clamor for him I myself have not witnessed. Terumi being the most-wanted in spite of Susanoo does show a solid amount of resilience.

Persona: Agreed. I feel like saying any Persona character is likely is a bit trite at this point. We'll probably get it.

Under Night: They could add in the new characters from the upcoming game, but I don't know if that's especially likely. I do think they could add everyone from Late[est] though.

RWBY: True. Ren is wanted because not having all of JNPR would be weird and less on his own terms, but still. It's funny in an amusing way for him to be MIA. I don't think most people took the leak into account, RWBY especially, but I have seen a lot of debates about the practicality of adding Penny with the Greek Letter squad from BB already existing and feel like those have spread out?

Senran Kagura: True. It's a game well-suited for Waifu Wars.

Blitzkampf: Yeah, I agree with Anonym being more of a meme pick. Kana having unique gameplay is fun at least, yes...

Assuming we stick only to characters who have already been playable in previous games, then I believe Persona and Under Night are effectively out of characters besides the ones listed (ignoring alternate forms of the some characters). Blitzkampf has plenty more though, so I have no idea what happened with it's survey results that led to that.

As for new franchises, I realistically have to agree with EarlTamm about Melty Blood. If they're talking to Type-Moon, then I could see them working on getting the Fate/ license at the same time.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
BlazBlue: True, but also I think she's just a popular waifu. Hibiki being as low as he is also surprised me, but in retrospective I hadn't heard much clamor for him insomuch as I've heard 1-2 people refer to clamor for him I myself have not witnessed. Terumi being the most-wanted in spite of Susanoo does show a solid amount of resilience.

Persona: Agreed. I feel like saying any Persona character is likely is a bit trite at this point. We'll probably get it.

Under Night: They could add in the new characters from the upcoming game, but I don't know if that's especially likely. I do think they could add everyone from Late[est] though.

RWBY: True. Ren is wanted because not having all of JNPR would be weird and less on his own terms, but still. It's funny in an amusing way for him to be MIA. I don't think most people took the leak into account, RWBY especially, but I have seen a lot of debates about the practicality of adding Penny with the Greek Letter squad from BB already existing and feel like those have spread out?

Senran Kagura: True. It's a game well-suited for Waifu Wars.

Blitzkampf: Yeah, I agree with Anonym being more of a meme pick. Kana having unique gameplay is fun at least, yes...
BlazBlue: I guess I can say the same, but I have never been that deep into BlazBlue in the first place. Either that or Neo having that one Hibiki move really damaged his support, but Terumi is still powering through despite having two version of himself in the game, so I doubt that.

Under Night: Yeah, I could see them getting everyone before even trying to put in someone from the latest game.

RWBY: Doesn't help that Ren has a semblance that doesn't have much application in combat against things that are not Grimm(Maybe it could pull some advantage against Terumi story wise, but certainly not in gameplay). And yeah, the amount of robot girls with floating blade weapons we have already had certainly restricts Penny to the point of it not really being worth it to add her.

Blitzkampf: Female grapplers like her aren't so common, so it makes sense she would catch much attention.

Assuming we stick only to characters who have already been playable in previous games, then I believe Persona and Under Night are effectively out of characters besides the ones listed (ignoring alternate forms of the some characters). Blitzkampf has plenty more though, so I have no idea what happened with it's survey results that led to that.

As for new franchises, I realistically have to agree with EarlTamm about Melty Blood. If they're talking to Type-Moon, then I could see them working on getting the Fate/ license at the same time.
I think it was a case of there not being enough votes for the other characters to justify putting them on the list in their mind. The most popular list they put out had the AB characters votes listed as 70~ and 2 50~'s, putting them at rank 18, 20 and 21. For all we know, the characters not mentioned could've had votes near the single digits. It's not like the Es-Eins characters are exactly popular or well known, and the original AB characters not listed don't exactly stand out much either, at least from an outside perspective.

I do agree that Fate is another probably choice.

KatKit

Smash Lord
My favorite Senran characters are Daidoji, Renka, and Miyabi, but Homura seems the most likely because she already has been in a 2D fighting game (with Heart Aino, no less), so it'd be easier to incorporate her:

amageish

Smash Master
Anyway, more on topic, I just realized that Smash would be Ragna's first (non-Chibi) 3D appearance.
True! That also reminds me of BlayzBloo: Super Melee Brawlers Battle Royale's existence, which is... uh... a thing.

BlazBlue: I guess I can say the same, but I have never been that deep into BlazBlue in the first place. Either that or Neo having that one Hibiki move really damaged his support, but Terumi is still powering through despite having two version of himself in the game, so I doubt that.

Under Night: Yeah, I could see them getting everyone before even trying to put in someone from the latest game.

RWBY: Doesn't help that Ren has a semblance that doesn't have much application in combat against things that are not Grimm(Maybe it could pull some advantage against Terumi story wise, but certainly not in gameplay). And yeah, the amount of robot girls with floating blade weapons we have already had certainly restricts Penny to the point of it not really being worth it to add her.

Blitzkampf: Female grapplers like her aren't so common, so it makes sense she would catch much attention.
BlazBlue: Yeah... I'm guessing it may have been more a Koefficient hope, as I don't think that Neo's singular move would damage his support any more then Celica would Rise's.

Under Night: I think so, at least...

RWBY: They will have to be creative with a few RWBY movesets, but I suppose Ren is one of the more challenging ones. Yeah, Penny's similarities to other characters would be amazing for story and interactions; not amazing for gameplay.

Blitzkampf: Agreed!

I think it was a case of there not being enough votes for the other characters to justify putting them on the list in their mind. The most popular list they put out had the AB characters votes listed as 70~ and 2 50~'s, putting them at rank 18, 20 and 21. For all we know, the characters not mentioned could've had votes near the single digits. It's not like the Es-Eins characters are exactly popular or well known, and the original AB characters not listed don't exactly stand out much either, at least from an outside perspective.

I do agree that Fate is another probably choice.
Yeah, here's the conclusion for anyone who is curious.

Congrats to Rise for winning. I am impressed how two entire franchises had all of their characters place lower then a character not in the datamine...

That is definitely fair. I still haven't seen gameplay of all the Es-Eins characters, so I am not surprised they didn't make it in.

Fate/ would be a good way to pull people into the game, though I imagine the licensing fees would be comparatively-high.

My favorite Senran characters are Daidoji, Renka, and Miyabi, but Homura seems the most likely because she already has been in a 2D fighting game (with Heart Aino, no less), so it'd be easier to incorporate her:
I think Asuka is probably the most likely next as she was the portagonist for a long time, but I could see Homura in third as she's a pretty big character too. I don't see why ArcSys would get Nitroplus' permission to reuse her sprite from Blasterz when they could just make their own though?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If there is any series I expect to be added eventually, it would be Melty Blood. It has a similar advantage to Akatsuki Blitzkampf with Eltnum being in Under Night.
The fact that she is one of the names listed also helps, though no one else from her games are there.
Don't you mean no one else from her games are there... YET?

Then again, I don't know how this data stuff works, so what do I know?

Mordrehr

Smash Rookie
The only problem with that is the fact she’s referred to as Eltnum and not Sion Eltnam Atlasia. I am to believe Type Moon owns the rights to her though, so if they do give the get go for Eltnum they could very well allow for other MB characters too like Arcueid. I’d be all for that and with an 8th franchise will probably come a 9th since I believe Mori has said before he wants to make a full diamond.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder what Susanoo is going to sound like in English, as well as who he is going to be voiced by. There are multiple ways they could go.

Mordrehr

Smash Rookie
You know, I wonder what Susanoo is going to sound like in English, as well as who he is going to be voiced by. There are multiple ways they could go.
I'd assume Doug Erholtz with the same voice filter they use for Hakumen. He'd just be calmer in comparison to Terumi. Someone completely different plays Susanoo in the Japanese version but I really don't wanna have one of the Terumi Gang voiced in English and it not being Doug Erholtz. I love his voice.

Top Bottom