• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Republic Mafia: To Clarify, the Werewolves Won The Game. Here Marks a New Age in Activity Reform.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
z25 not putting his vote where his voice is, is scummy af

frozen should not be alive at this point
?

What are you talking about. I said all day yesterday maven was my play and I voted maven. I still want him gone today. I don’t think we should hammer right away though. I still want more activity from everyone. It would help us with Maven’s flip if he’s scum.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually wait, there’s five alive and 3 votes on maven. That’s hammer correct? Unless I’m missing something that’s still in play right?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
We'll find out in a few moments.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If rajam is WW and not Maven I’ll be pretty upset but I can call gg on them.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Yeah oh man I should NOT have cast a Maven vote so soon without discussion. I should have known the WW duo would hop on vote immediately if I possibly voted for a town. If he flips town then that's just it, it's over.

Maven89

Smash Master
Seriously, with my schedule and life I basically had time to scum and rarely reread and post, and my thought for most of the game was “god everything people are saying is stupid”

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Seriously, with my schedule and life I basically had time to scum and rarely reread and post, and my thought for most of the game was “god everything people are saying is stupid”
Honestly activity all around was trash making it very frustrating

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Seriously though all these flood of posts has me really confused right now.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin please come deliver the verdict

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Day 1: Brindol was lynched. They were the Town Seer.
Night 1: Tom was killed. They were a Mafia Goon.
Day 2: Lore was lynched. They were a Mafia Goon.
Night 2: #HBC | Mac was killed. They were a Vanilla Townie.
Day 3: #HBC | Red Ryu was lynched. They were a Vanilla Townie.
Night 3: KevinM was killed. They were a Mafia Goon.
Day 4: No Lynch occurs.
Night 4: Pythag was killed. They were a Vanilla Townie.
Day 5: Maven89 was lynched. They were a Vanilla Townie.
Day 5: Z25 and Raxxel were endgamed. They were both Vanilla Townies.
Day 5: FrozenFlame and Rajam win the game. They were both Werewolf Goons.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
**** why did maven have to screw with my head more.

Regardless I was still right about frozen and Kevin being scum so I’ll take it.

And we really really really need to have a discussion for the future of vanilla setup games/open setup games at the very least. Power roles ones I can let slide because it makes more sense for slow days there.

But the former really need to some work.

Regardless it was alright, fun at times, but me being tossed around metaphorically by scum and everyone wasn’t exactly super great.

Day one lynch and what slot got the seer role really screwed town over. Day 4 was especially disgusting and I hope to never see a day phase like that again

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Brindor was the right lynch, it just sucks he was town seer
I don’t disagree there. The day one lynch was bad because he was the seer. Which like I said was ****ty luck tbh.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
man, I was about to lose the game earlier by lynching maven, but missed the deadline cause I got caught up in work.

Really should've stuck on the Rajam hammer train, I got distracted with Kevin on Z25.
Then FF knocked me off the minute I found him suspect. RR was right about the Tom kill!

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Damn dudes how the hell could I've been a good lynch when I was the FREAKIN' sheriff :(

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Damn dudes how the hell could I've been a good lynch when I was the FREAKIN' sheriff :(
You did nothing that a good sheriff would do, dude. No scumhunting conversation whatsoever.

Anyway, dammit. I enabled that loss tbh, so my bad. Should've thought much better of voting Maven.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
GGs all! First and foremost a big shoutout to ma boy Rajam Rajam for being a solid af scum partner. Definitely one of the least stressful scum games Ive played thanks to him being able to handle himself well and not need really any partner intervention to keep the spotlight off him. We played a pretty non-aggressive minimalist strategy and I think it really worked out as sure we each had some heat on each of our slots but I legitimately think not a single player is this game was seriously entertaining FF/rajam as the scum team. Good **** homie had a lot of fun teaming up with ya!

Actually, might as well ask: did you kill Tom because you thought he was mafia?
no actually, at that point I didnt really have a strong read on anyone being non-WW scum so I recommended the Tom kill because he didnt get off to a strong start D1 and wanted to cut his slot off before he developed real connections and possibly redeemed himself with a strong D2 opening. Rajam agreed so we went with that. In retrospect we probably shouldve expected a possible scum flip there given the slot's lack of super meaningful effort D1
lmao bro I legit cant tell if youre still trolling us. Firstly, you literally didnt even defend yourself outside of whining "dont lynch me, you'll regret it!" which is WIFOM as ****. Then you didnt even think to CLAIM seer to try to atleast prevent town wasting a lynch on you. Chances are you would not have been counterclaimed and we wouldve had to pivot to another option. Granted you wouldve eaten a bullet N1, but at least then you wouldve tied my hands as scum and not given us an opporunity to curate the game the way we wanted because we'd essentially have to kill you N1 to not be misplaying since there are no protective roles in jungle republic. If you arent trolling and legit are confused why you were lynched feel free to ask more specific questions about how to actually appear pro town, because you were literally begging to be lynched based on how you were playing, it was one of the freest mislynches Ive ever been served up on D1.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa do we get access to deadroom and non-WW scum chat? Curious what went down. Also def feel free to open up WW chat. Not the most active chat but that way people can atleast see our rationale behind the kills

#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac sorry to betray you like that homie, you were too obvtown and I knew you were gonna flip on me if we both kept being wrong on slots, had to take you out before you went full on town jesus mode and while I was still in your good graces

Re: deadlines, I def apologize for not being more active but tbh as scum not driving discussion is playing to my wincon so /shrug

I do believe that the deadlines were too short here. I really dislike anything with less than 7 day deadlines because its like if you get busy one day you lose like 25% of an entire day phase just because of IRL johns. With longer day phases if you cant play for a full 24-36 hours at least thats more like 12% of the day instead. Shorter deadlines just increase the risk that someone getting busy completely tanks their activity that phase. Just my two cents. Also plurality lynch is hot garbage and even though rajam and I shouldve just won last phase by piling on Z25 Im kinda glad we didnt (which was literally just a result of me being stuck in court in the hours before deadline) because that **** wouldve felt like a ****in scam win. Definitely recommending we go back to majority only lynch for all future games

Also deadlines being set for like mid afternoon/early evening on weekends would be soooo much better for facilitating activity surges near deadline. 3 PM deadlines were so wack for me because I was legit always working

But anyway had a blast playing, ggs all looking forward to the next one!

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This being my first forum mafia game, there was absolutely a lot for me to have learned from here. I think my biggest shortcomings were lack of commitment to my own scum reads that was partially due to me not having faith that I knew what I was doing since I was noob-town, and reckless behavior. This was a blast though. I really hope I get to do this again, I would love to use what I've learned.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This being my first forum mafia game, there was absolutely a lot for me to have learned from here. I think my biggest shortcomings were lack of commitment to my own scum reads that was partially due to me not having faith that I knew what I was doing since I was noob-town, and reckless behavior. This was a blast though. I really hope I get to do this again, I would love to use what I've learned.
Raxxel. Don’t sweat it, you actually did pretty well for your first game. You managed to nail the two WWs like you noticed, and while you may have been easily swayed, that’s also pretty normal for your first game.

I have one piece of advice: be confident. You seemed to want to get approval from other players to make sure that you were right, when you don’t need to. Sure, it’s fine to ask somebody if they think you’re crazy or onto something, but if you have confidence in your reads, then you’re more likely to not get influenced by scum.

And hey, at least you didn’t do this:

나는 모든 Kary의 텍스트를 일관되게 영어로 번역하기 위해 귀찮아 질 수 없다.

투표 : Kary
By the way, as of now, I'm choosing not to lynch; don't see a valid reason as of now, as Kary isn't speaking 100% of her comments in Korean, and Marissa doesn't seem like scum. This doesn't mean that I'm not curious about what her role is in the game, because I very much am.
We already know that there is something strange about Marissa.

Do you have anything to add? Because it feels like you're taking a backseat in this game so far.
??? It's d1 were lynching someone and your vote needs to reflect the best lynch, otherwise start digging on someone.

Get off the fence, there's not enough room up there for all of us. If not maven my vote goes here
Game*

As in attempting to artificially increase the tension; notice how many more accusations happened tonight. It was bound to happen; the game is finally picking up pace and I can actually start playing. Kary just seemed to be singlehandedly trying to get her way with steering the accusations, quick to reflect anything that came her way.

Vote: Kary

Subject to change

Why should I not vote here?
In context, this is my first game here where I was playing super self-preservation on D1, not wanting to vote for anybody without somebody giving me a good argument, and overreacting to any pressure, before acting like it’s not a big deal.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Really cool to see WW's be decently active in their chat during Nights but not in the thread.

I get that it's playing to your wincon, but you guys really kinda helped ruin this game. Congrats on the win, but that was lame to watch.

GG everyone else.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really cool to see WW's be decently active in their chat during Nights but not in the thread.

I get that it's playing to your wincon, but you guys really kinda helped ruin this game. Congrats on the win, but that was lame to watch.

GG everyone else.
bro you really need to relax with this petty passive aggressive bull**** lmao

We were barely active in our chat, 2-3 messages back and forth each night phase at most. I was actually feeling bad that I wasnt being vocal enough to give rajam an expectation of what I was planning to do se he could adapt to it. Most of the activity came in that last night phase right after I dropped the ball on ending the game with a plurality scam because I felt really bad about throwing that hard

Also at day end for D3 I was arguably the most active player. I was the only one re-reading and actually posting ISO analysis

So yeah dont get it in your head that rajam and I were like 100% active at night phase and deliberately sandbagging in day phase. How the **** do you think we submitted an NK late if we were so active during night phase? Yeah ultimately everyone couldve been more active but it definitely was not just the WWs and our low activity was definitely not some intentional sandbagging like youre trying to make it out to be

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
what i coulda done better this game:

lynch Lore d1 - i shoulda presented a more convincing case to town on how obvscum Lore was. imagine we lynch Lore instead of the town seer d1 the game would have turned out way different. ngl i was pretty salty about how d1 was going and legit worried Town would actually ****in lynch me. Aside from the final brindor wagon, I was literally the biggest wagon that Day. Had Kevin decided to, dude coulda gotten me lynched making Mafia's life so much easier for the rest of the game.

focus more on WWs - after town seer died, i needed to recognize how lopsided the game became towards WW. The better play was to switch gears instead of trying to lynch Lore who I was pretty convinced was mafia.

not profess my town reads so openly - but not gonna rehash this point here.

I should have trusted my gut on z25 and Raxxle more - Their push on KevinM d2 was one of the few substanstial pushes made by town this game. but i was too hypefocused on the Lore situation and not properly considering other points as well as i shoulda been. also z25 dude, i think i was still salty about you jumping on my wagon d1. also idk why i had the impression you were a new player. Raxxle i think you played really well this game, esp for your first time. and yea i shoulda tried to see where ya were coming from on Kevin/FF/Rajam (but you shoulda been with me on Lore d1 too!)

shoulda trusted my early gut on Kevin - going into d2 i was pretty worried about a Lore/Tom/Kevin mafia team, and told myself that it'd be a scumtell if Kevin comes out tryna lynch anyone aside from Lore d2. I literally kept asking him how he ranked his lynch pool just to fish out whether he was committed to killing Lore. and I shoulda saw his weak z25 push for what it was, an attempt to divert a lynch off of Lore. unfortunately I was swayed by Kevin's inherently lovable nature; you can see me go out of my way to convince myself that Kevin's not mafia in my #553. but alas, despite seeing the signs, by the end of d2 I believed dude was town.

what town coulda done better this game:

not have brindol roll town seer

just play with more hutzpah. maybe I have a biased view on this, but I feel like townies were just sitting around passively waiting for **** to happen instead of actively going out and trying to get their scumspects lynched. There were so few wagons this game (and yes some of that was due to my over-centralization on Lore). Scum barely had any pressure on them ever. the more wagons town creates and the more pushes townies make, the more a scummer has to put themselves on the line, the more they have to make commitments, and the more likely that they'll potentially **** up and scumslip. I felt like the way we were playing made it super easy for scum to coast and push town in the directions they wanted. d4 was pitiful

as an addendum to that, it sucks that some of yall weren't around during key moments like right before d1 ended. if more of you were there, we maybe coulda swung to Lore instead of settling on Brindor

Police inactivity better. I still think coasting and inactivity is the #1 scumtell and in every single game town should just be prepared to lynch people on that basis alone.

anyway gg, it was fun to play as town again. hopefully next time i can actually be aligned with some of the homies instead of having em all tryna manipulate me =[

Top Bottom