• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 28, 2014] Cuse Town Beat Down - MELEE, PM, BRAWL (Syracuse)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Cloud City Comics and Toys
Shoppingtown Mall
3649 Erie Blvd E, Syracuse, NY 13214

10:00AM Doors Open
11:00AM signups
12:00PM Events Begin

Venue= $10 or $5 w/setup (3 off for TV and 2 off cube/wii)
Singles entry for each game = $5
Doubles* entry for each game = $10 per team

*Doubles events are contingent on minimum 6 teams​

SINGLES
1st: 45%
2nd: 25%
3rd:12.5%
4th: 7.5%
5th: 5%
5th: 5%

DOUBLES
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%​

RULES:
How to Play a Set

-Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind
-Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
-Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
-The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
-The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
-The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
-The next match is played.
-Repeat counterpicking until set ends.

MELEE
-General Rules
-Items are set to off
-Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
-Wobbling is legal. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed.
-Double Blind: If elected
-Contest Port Priority: If elected
-Neutral Start: If elected
-DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on ever.
-Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
-Forced Character Selection: Off
-Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
-Team Attack: ON
-Life Stealing is allowed
-If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.

Singles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
-Yoshi’s Story
-Fountain of Dreams
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Dream Land
Counterpick:
-Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
-Yoshi’s Story
-Pokemon Stadium
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Dream Land
Counterpick:
-DK 64

BRAWL
-1 Stocks
-3 Minute Time Limit
-Items set to “Off” and “None”
-Pause set to “Off”
-Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
-All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stage List
Starters
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Lylat Cruise
-Smashville
-Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
-Battleship Halberd
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Castle Siege

PROJECT M

-4 stock, 8 minutes.
-Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
-Items set to “off” and “none.”
-Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
-Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.
-Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
-For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
-Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.
-Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.
-If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
-If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
-Buffer set to off.
-Custom controls are allowed

Starters:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Dreamland (64)
-Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
-SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Dreamland (64)
-Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
-SSE: Jungle (doubles only)
-Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Lylat Cruise
-Wario Ware
-Green Hill Zone
-Skyloft
-Skyworld

Last edited:

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610
I am 100% interested. I might be able to go, would be amazing.

Loup

The Wolf
NNID
Frishy
3DS FC
0877-0305-4883
I'm totally going. But since I'm totally new to Smash tournaments do you think you explain a couple things to me?

1. What's the difference between Venue fee and let's just say, playing singles for melee and Pm?
2. If for example, I'm in multiple brackets at the same time, do we simply wait for me to finish my game in 1 bracket (Melee) and then proceed to play in the other bracket (brawl)?
3. Are all the events being held at the same time concurrently or will singles be held for doubles OR will something like Melee before PM?

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice
hmm i might show up it depends on if my bros from rochester are heading out to it anyone know if kid goggles is going

Last edited:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Hey guys, be sure to check out the smash pages for more info on who's going, and also to network with people in the area to coordinate rides or finding teammates:

Syracuse Smash Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/syracusesmash/

Event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/246246548898925/

Freshie, venue fee is for the building. After that it is your discretion to what events you wish to enter, not everyone plays every game. The running of the events is planned according to attendance, have no fear of matches coinciding, it is normal and we work our best to get the brackets running smoothly the entire day!

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Got work off, so I'll be down for PM and Brawl. Might be lookin' for a doubles partner for either. Likely bring a full setup as well, so long as nobody messes with it.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Its looking like 50+. Though its mostly in Melee and PM. We are doing 1stock brawl and I say we have mabye 10-15 for brawl. Most of the brawlers in our region will unfortunately not be in attendance.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok. It's 50/50 for me heading out here. I njust need help with one thing. I would need to be picked up from where the bus leaves me and driving back. it's a 13 min from the venue. Is anyone willing to help me out?

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610
How many people are you guys expecting for Project M? I'm hoping the bracket isn't too small.

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610
Also, what are the chances of this being streamed?
Because if we are streaming, I would love to commentate. I have experience commentating Netplay matches, so I at least know what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I decided I'm not going. Something else I gotta do. But I will love to come out here one day and play with the scene. Love going to new place to play instead of seeing the same old faces all the time. Keep me updated for the next event happening out here and I will make a trip

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610
So how many entrants did we end up having for PM singles exactly? I lost in loser's round 2, but I never got to find out how many people were actually signed up and I wanna know what place I was in.

Top Bottom