• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 5, 2014] PSG Presents: Rise of The Phoenix -- A Phoenix Saga 7 Qualifier (Ann Arbor, MI)

Xatic

Smash Lord
Phoenix Saga Gaming brings you the first tournament of the PS7 Qualifying Circuit. This will run similarly the same as the APEX Qualifiers we've seen in the past but with more free reign on our end. The points you earn here will be used for seeding purposes at Phoenix Saga 7 on August 30th and 31st. These are mostly for seeding people we are not quite aware of yet. If you have any further questions about the points system and the qualifying circuit in general you are welcome to post it here in the thread and myself or Tech Chase will get back with you about it.

Points System:
1st place - 10 points
2nd place - 8 points
3rd place - 6 points
4th place - 4 points
5th place 2 points
7th place 1 point

Contact information:
Scott (Xatic) - (585) 698-5341
Derek (TechChase) - (248) 796-1479

Venue Information:
Mason Hall (room 1427)
419 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI

Parking:
Maynard Street Parking Garage is $1.20 and hour and is the closer of the two.
http://www.parkme.com/lot/93318/maynard-street-parking-garage-ann-arbor-mi

Liberty Square Parking is a little farther, but it only costs $3 for the whole day.
https://foursquare.com/v/liberty-square-parking-tally-hall/4ba4165cf964a520118038e3

Prices:

Venue: $5
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)
Project M Singles: $10
Project M Doubles: $10 ($5 per person)

Schedule:
Please Note: Registration Closes for events 15 minutes before they begin. No exceptions.

10:00am - Doors Open
11:00am - Registration Opens for Project M Doubles and Brawl Singles
12:30pm - Brawl Singles Bracket begins
1:30pm - Project M Doubles begins
4:00pm - Project M Singles Pools Wave 1 begins (if needed, if not insert straight bracket here instead)
4:30pm - Brawl Doubles begins
5:30pm - Project M Singles Pools Wave 2 begins (if needed)
7:00pm - Project M Singles Bracket Top 24 begins.
11:00pm - Project M Singles ends
11:59pm - Venue closes + Buffalo Wild Wings run begins :denzel:

Ruleset:

Brawl: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/

Project M: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/

We will be using the Apex 2014 ruleset for P:M WITH some little changes made (we're looking for a stagelist to use for PS7 so any feedback on this AFTER the tourney is much appreciated)

Project M Stagelist:

Starters:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Dreamland
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpicks:
Yoshi's Story (banned in doubles)
Fountain of Dreams (banned in doubles)
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Dracula's Castle

Since I took out a couple stages (Lylat, Skyloft, and PS1) We will be going back to the 2 stage ban per counterpick process. And instead of striking 1-2-2-1 for starting stage you instead strike 1-2-1. Ask me at the venue if you have any further questions about this.

*To be edited at a later date*

Last edited:

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
I'd agree with that other than I've always thought there shouldn't be 2 pokemon stadiums (to have to waste 2 bans on). But good stage list.

Xatic

Smash Lord
My first cutoff would probably be PS1 or Skyloft is that makes you feel better.

The transformations on PS1 are too awkward in PM and Skyloft has that one platform HELLA close to the blastzone.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I'll be teaming with Lordy. If he can't make it... Aaaaanther? Then I'll go for you SoulPech, but like... you know why. >>;

I'm about to get chewed out royally at work. This fits between Florida and another big weekend for me, so I don't even know if I'll get it off. This is gonna be nuts.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
I'm pretty sure I'm coming so someone should team with me.

:)

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'll try to go. I'll need to request a day off from, work, but I'll try. There's a high chance that I might not be able to this time, though

I must note that I'm also aiming to attend Matsuricon the week before PS7 this August, however.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
**** you too bro, you didn't even mention me and I body Super and Keifer, np. But I see how it is.
Doesn't mean much if you have a winning record, lol. I have winning records against both of them too. Plus,
I don't know who you are...
:/

(though i haven't played them since the last update and they beat me and carls the last time we fought, which I don't think will happen again :denzel:)

Last edited:

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
Looking forward to this. It'll be nice to come back and actually go to more tourneys again.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I was moreover confirmed for this than before, but since SoulPech can't go, I don't have a ride anymore.

Oh well. Good thing I checked this thread again.

Last edited:

Huntmang

Smash Rookie
I've never been to a tourney before, but a friend and I would love to come out to this one! Does anyone have a rough estimate of how many people typically come to these? As long as I'm not working I'm so there.

Top Bottom