• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
My bracket was brutal. I got Ally in pools (lost obvs, funny story about that one...), then in bracket, I lost to Holy first round, then beat Red X and lost to TO Joe. 17th place, only losing to people who placed top 8, and pretty much just playing MK dittos, despite the fact that Dawson was able to help me get competent at most other MUs. Funny stuff~

Doubles was cool though. Myself and Luke got 5th, mainly beating teams who upset other teams, losing to Ally/Holy and Tin Man/Doom. I also apparently did stuff in P:M too.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Grats Jake =)

Too bad Dawson couldn't have gone. People need to realize BC exists.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I'm sure Jake's attendance was enough, especially for Nova Scotia. Was happy to hear about who they beat in dubs.

With that said I am sad I couldn't go, it is what it is. Maybe next year when I'm not in school.

On that note I find the most messed up anime like you guys don't even know.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I watched it a bit when I was younger, I try not to start a series with more than 50 episodes because once I start I can't stop until I finish.

Might give it a go once I have a break from school.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
For whoever was interested in coming to my tourney:

I'd rather you guys lay off until the next tourney or something. These guys are most likely new, and are just here to have a bit of fun.
It'd be terrible to be so happy to (finally) come to a first-ever Chilliwack SSBB tourney, and then get destroyed by people that aren't even from Chilliwack.

I know it's sorta unfair in a way, but I'd rather these guys have fun at least for one tourney, and then you guys can do whatever you want.
If your heart still wants to go, I can't/won't stop you. I would just appreciate it if you guys don't come to the first ever tourney where it's usually full of fun and not getting destroyed.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hey way to think about others :)

Smashfests in Chilliwack would probably be cool too.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Hey way to think about others :)

Smashfests in Chilliwack would probably be cool too.
I'm sure we both know how our first tourney was like - I don't want that
I'm probably setting up smashfests after this tourney though

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I haven't played Brawl in a month nor do I play Wifi but I'll humour you.

4941-4261-6544

ScottvsTheWorld

Smash Rookie
I hear WiFi is the worst but it'd still be fun to play XD
All In Brawl is weird cause apparently I can live in Alabama Canada. derp

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Welp, good games! Had fun =)

I took your Wifi challenge, now time for my Offline challenge! Are you up for it?

ScottvsTheWorld

Smash Rookie
That was good! I was obviously pleased with the first few fights XD
But clearly Zelda ain't no damsel in distress!
I could definitely feel the difference in wifi -_-
Some of the trades might have been different but I'm sure the outcomes would've been the same.
I will gladly take any challenge >:)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Zelda is secretly good on Wifi.

Peach is the queen of trade in Melee, and the princess of trade in Brawl. =)

We'll have to set something up next week~

And yes, I have awful Wifi and you may have been the first person I Wifi'd this year...

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Jake, I think it's storytime.
So my pool was announced, and I learned I was in the same pool as this "Villager" guy, who turned out to be Ally. When I was getting ready to play one of my other pool sets, Ally asked me if I was going to use Yoshi on him. I hadn't touched the character since I arrived in Toronto and I had no intention of changing that, but I said "maybe" because non-committal answers are fun~ So I'm playing MK for my pools sets, and everything was going smoothly. Then, the time comes to play Ally.

He selects MK, and so do I. Now, I got the sense that he didn't agree with my choice, but I had done some MK dittos with some of the better MKs in attendance and held my own, so I felt like I might be able to do OK, even if winning the ditto seemed out of the question. We start the match, and it was going alright for the first 20 seconds or so...then he starts getting the hardest punishes on me in places that I have literally never had an MK perform on me before. Some of the situations that stood out to me were a point where I airdodged in an attempt to avoid the seemingly inevitable aerial follow-ups that most players would go for, only to realize he was there charging an Fsmash at my landing, and an offstage shuttle loop deep offstage where my experience had incorrectly taught me would be too far to reach without SDing. Ally completely dominated me, and I got 3-stocked.

A moment after the 1st game ends, we reach the character select screen. He leans forward, points at the TV screen...directly at the Yoshi icon. At this point, I really didn't have much of a choice...so I went to make my dumb Yoshi tag, he bans Castle Siege, and I take him to FD. I mainly recall all the things I was doing wrong in that match; my movement was sloppy, I was throwing out bad dash grabs, made poor decisions with down B, etc. But at least I remembered enough to get my grab release follow-ups most of the time, and I wound up taking him to last stock before losing. I learned my lesson, but I had a hard time accepting that my rusty Yoshi would do THAT much better than my MK after all this time...I still didn't use Yoshi in any of my tournament matches after that though.

tl;dr - I got exposed.

For whoever was interested in coming to my tourney:

I'd rather you guys lay off until the next tourney or something. These guys are most likely new, and are just here to have a bit of fun.
It'd be terrible to be so happy to (finally) come to a first-ever Chilliwack SSBB tourney, and then get destroyed by people that aren't even from Chilliwack.

I know it's sorta unfair in a way, but I'd rather these guys have fun at least for one tourney, and then you guys can do whatever you want.
If your heart still wants to go, I can't/won't stop you. I would just appreciate it if you guys don't come to the first ever tourney where it's usually full of fun and not getting destroyed.

I respect that decision completely. Again, I hope it goes well. =]

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha :p

He probably knows the MK matchup extremely well so he knows what to expect. You do have the element of surprise with Yoshi plus how often does anybody get to play one!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's exactly what it was. I just really wanted to put the days behind me where I would have to rely on my opponent's lack of MU experience to be able to have a chance of winning. >.> Though at the same time, I do want to win...sigh.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Lemme see if I can
EDIT: Online now, lez go ^-^

Maybe it's best if we could skype chat for better communication lol
If you need mine:

quan.c.nguyen

Might be johning but I hate WiFi

FuZyCHiKeN

Smash Rookie
Gawd I hate how my Wii doesn't want to work on my wifi -_-
That's it! Tomorrow Ima spend several hours messing around wit stuff until it works cuz I wanna play wit u guys >.<

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Gawd I hate how my Wii doesn't want to work on my wifi -_-
That's it! Tomorrow Ima spend several hours messing around wit stuff until it works cuz I wanna play wit u guys >.<
Doooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

My turn? 10chars!
Sorry I took up like an hour or 2 >.<

Fun games! though the lag was terrible, but your really good :p
Your Peach is mighty sexy
Yea my WiFi is pretty sketchy S:
Good stuff there though :o

On a general note, very nice games from both of you guys today ^-^
Looking forward to some more
And get used to wifi (:<

Top Bottom