• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Sorry to say that I am probably not going to be attending. I guess with grey cup and American thanksgiving flights to Vancouver are booked completely. :(

:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aww that's too bad :(

Guess there's always next time! I actually wanted to see who would win between you and Dawson :p

Good thing food is timeless and endless :)

Oh yeah, I might skip doubles since Metrotown is so close and Black Friday sales are everywhere.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah I am guessing it's all about thanksgiving, as Vancouver is an international hub of an airport.

I am still gonna give it a chance though... Gonna sit like 7 hours at the airport if needed. I'll get a lot of school work done lol.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I still have hope! I've gotten on flights that were oversold before. Last time I went to vancouver my mom said there was like no way I'd get on, and I did. Sometimes I just get super lucky.

Jason!

Smash Lord
Luke just take some fake guns and plant them into bags headed for that plane and you should get seats no problem.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Got stopped at an airport once.

Guy put on some rubber gloves and brought out some tweezers.

Scared the **** out of me.

My B-ball coach making gestures with his hands didn't help at all.

Starkiller2

Smash Cadet
Good news, bad news

Good news: I am officially confirmed to be there tomorrow!

Bad news: My friend has gotten sick and won't be able to make it:(. So if anyone wants to be my doubles partner that would be appreciated!

btw do i need to bring RCA cables for my wii or a component cable?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The RCA would great, component cables aren't necessary. =]

On that note, don't forget to bring set-ups everybody, both for Brawl and Project M! Any hacks should be limited to menu screens, music, and infinite replays. No stage/character textures please!

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hope you find a plane!

Argh I'm so mad... BCIT teachers are going on strike on Wednesday. I don't want to miss my Wednesday classes :(

SKidd

Smash Master
yooooo hype

also *** u jake i put so much time into my textures

well not really
more my music

but **** you jake

oh and i have infinite replay for what its worth
so games on my wii can be uploaded if they get to dawson eventually

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Get hype I am coming
I actually did a fist pump in the computer lab just now.

Hey guys, not going to the tourney tmr. Glhf tmr!
Sorry to hear that. Next time!

helllllls yes =)

text me when you land
And me too obvs.

yooooo hype

also *** u jake i put so much time into my textures

well not really
more my music

but **** you jake

oh and i have infinite replay for what its worth
so games on my wii can be uploaded if they get to dawson eventually
Sorry, but thanks. =]

Also, I have come to the realization that if I can get a hold of a pile of those $2 SD cards from XS Cargo from a page ago, I'll have pretty much everything we need to get the National Replay Project running for our tournament. This allows us to set up a way to save and upload literally every singles match from the tournament by providing a streamlined way of identifying every replay, getting all the replays in one place (this is where the SD cards come in), and uploading them to a shared resource accessible to a team of uploaders who then upload the replays to a community YouTube channel. For more details, check out this thread.

This does require some degree of community cooperation; you can no longer just pick whichever set-up you want to play on when you know who you're playing, because I have to keep track of which set-up each set is played on, and people need to be mindful to save sets to the SD card specifically. Because of this and the fact that I don't have the necessary SD cards yet, we won't be doing this for tomorrow. I do plan on starting this for the next monthly I run, which will most likely be in January.

:005:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Real talk I could make a hackless package and it would just be infinite replay.

You could use it on every wii without infinite replay on it already.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
y'allz r hack h8ers. You need to learn to live with the jank.

Can't come, Antibiotics didn't work fast enough.

Only reason I joined P:M team is so I could force my creations upon you guys. One day you will use some of my stuff.

Top Bottom