• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Animal Research Facility Break or some variation.

Also, there's like no Japanese cooking style/authentic food that starts with L.

Asa

Smash Hero
sushi

there's a player that would like a ride, if you coulud provide one. he lives in richmond and could meet at a skytrain stop. is that possible?

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Totally ok. The ride back is probably not ok. Tell him to meet at Brighouse Station tomorrow sometime between 10:10 to 10:30 am. Please give me his # so I can give him an exact time tomorrow morning.

Asa

Smash Hero
ok that's fine. would you mind travelling back with this new guy? he's a little nervous about going out on his own

here's his number btw

Jason(R.O.B./MK main): 604 218 289

Asa

Smash Hero
i changed the number, sam

604 218 289

what time would you like to pick him up?

Kantrip

Kantplay
fsmash, gyro can be pretty decent at a higher percent, same with fair...usmash is too hard to land in my opinion, making it a pretty unreliable killmove.
Alright, sounds good.

Can you think of any team combos? I'm usually bad at that.

Asa

Smash Hero
kantrip

just focus on spacing yourselves so that you can followup each other's attacks, punishing landings and whatnot

if you've got somone sandwiched, rob's fair looks like a good choice, as does nair for frame traps

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I'm thinking from what I know of ROB's playstyle, we may want to do a back-to-back kind of thing in the centre of the stage. Or something where he's facing away from me when he wants to fire gyros and lasers and stuff.

_X_D_R__X__

Something like this where "X"s are enemies and "D" is Diddy and "R" is ROB, or

__D_X__R__X__

Something like this, so that we're sandwiching one enemy while ROB also has someone on the outside to shoot stuff at.

:shrug:

Drake12

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm thinking from what I know of ROB's playstyle, we may want to do a back-to-back kind of thing in the centre of the stage. Or something where he's facing away from me when he wants to fire gyros and lasers and stuff.

_X_D_R__X__

Something like this where "X"s are enemies and "D" is Diddy and "R" is ROB, or

__D_X__R__X__

Something like this, so that we're sandwiching one enemy while ROB also has someone on the outside to shoot stuff at.

:shrug:
Basically, I can hold my own pretty well...if we wanna try for situations to get your bananas out in the open. Diddy Kong I'm guessing isn't that good in 2v1s and excels in 1v1s...yes?

Asa

Smash Hero
kantrip, the second setup looks ideal

you want to be sandwiching someone as much as possible, while baiting the other person to try to get in and help his partner

and diddy kong is one of the best 2v1'ers lol

Drake12

Smash Ace
and diddy kong is one of the best 2v1'ers lol
Shows what I know about Diddy :/

After a second look, I agree with Asa. __D_X__R__X__ would allow an easier opportunity for naners(right?), and if you can hit em towards me then Rob's huge hitbox on his nair would work out well.

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Landon, how would you like me to contact you about strategy? I thought of some nice team combos that I think will **** Snake

Edit: I think they work on everyone, but they **** Snake especially

Asa

Smash Hero
sushi, did you call jason? if not could you answer my questions so i could relay them to him?

you can contact landon via fb or msn, but he's not available atm.

Drake12

Smash Ace
lol NS stage works too, but i dont like half the stages xD
Gimmicks would be nice, but 1 stock is kinda a turnoff IMO. Funky stage list? 2 stock bo5? Heck, I'd even be up for double random or minus :p
Whatever would float your boat.
Is Bundtcake coming? I have no clue what kind of turnout to expect. What about breez?

Asa

Smash Hero
did you put a 1 at the beginning of the phone number?

@ drake - yes he said he was done w/ tournies after phoenix

1 604 218 2899 try again sam

Asa

Smash Hero
you tried that number and it didn't work?

what's your number i'll have him call you

Top Bottom