• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

judgment trial

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I'm just wondering... is there a certain percentage as to how many times you may get a number? and can you ever get the same number twice in a row?

I'd be willing to set up a trial, use judgment 1,000 times, and post results (out of extreme boredom) but I don't wanna waste time if someone's already done it.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I did this for melee. Don't waste your time. Jihinsius and I did extensive research and we tried everything from game timer affecting it, to the manner in which you attack with the hammer. I know it's a new game, but either way, there's likely no way to manipulate it, and will therefore end up being a monumental waste of time.

I did a grand total of 10,000 judgment hammers in my trials. don't wast your time like me lol

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well, I know they did it in melee. For the most part it was totally random, I remember something about 4s leading to 9s more often than other numbers, but that could just be sheer chance.

Sure, do the test, I'll be your best friend. They buffed GaW from melee, who is to say that they didn't give him an auto 9. That would be awesome.

Maybe like Lucario's Aura, he could get more 9s at higher damage...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I did this for melee. Don't waste your time. Jihinsius and I did extensive research and we tried everything from game timer affecting it, to the manner in which you attack with the hammer. I know it's a new game, but either way, there's likely no way to manipulate it, and will therefore end up being a monumental waste of time.

I did a grand total of 10,000 judgment hammers in my trials. don't wast your time like me lol
Beat me to it by a minute, but that doesn't make him right!

Lol, its really up to you, if you want to try it out just make sure that you understand that you may in fact be wasting your time!

ETA: I spaced there, sorry, meant to edit that in.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
4's did lead to 9's more often, but Jihinsius and I had conflicting beliefs on whether it was possible to get a 9 immediately in a match because he was hyper focused on the connection between gametimer and the results.

The only solid thing we really walked away with is that because the odds of consecutive 9's are astronomically low, you need to clear the hammer after a 9, and we discovered that out of 1000 times, you were mroe likely to get another 9 after doing two more hammers to clear it. to it would go 9->(random number)->(random number)->(higher chance of getting a 9)

Yeah by all means go for it. Maybe it will be different this time around. I traded in Brawl since you don't really need to practice at all to do well in tournaments or i would help lol

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
That's strange. In Melee, I got a lot of nines (seriously, I got one every other time....) but I didn't use it that often so could it be the number of uses in an extended period of time that causes the numbers to go to 9?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
We had a lot of consecutive 9's when you would get a 9, wait a good deal of time, and statistically we had the msot consecutive 9's this way. We may have had ONE back to back 9.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
well in brawl, it seems that certain things appear more consecutively at random times. pokeballs, assist trophies, and judgments. i don't think its supposed to be that way, but idk.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I agree. I've had many consecutively repeated pokeball pokemon / Assist Trophies.

I need an action replay for the wii. it was nice to really break down melee and learn everything about it.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
so far it seems that 9 (#) (#) 9 is occurring often...

awkward results so far are...

7-4-7-4-9, twice thats happened.

8-6-7-5-3-8-9... lol. 8 being closest in design to 0, i thought that was weird

nevershootme

Smash Master
another strange thing i've encountered was that if you have not used Judgement throughout the match and you use it on your last stock, it's a 9.. And this has occured about 6-8 times in a row in every match

it was weird, but my friend had thought of this theory and it somehow came true.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
So I was trying out WiFi again today and I sucked horribly. I was doing ditto G&W's and in one match, first stock, game starts, guy gets me to about 30%, judgement, it's a 9. Second match, first stock, game starts, gets me to around 50%, judgement, it's a 9 again.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
if anyone wants a funny replay of me getting a 9 ko in the first second of gameplay pm me. I might make it a GIF.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
its great. my gaw vs some scrubs rob at battlefield at this tourney in cleveland. we both rushforward and he hits the 9 in the first second of gameplay and it kills him. a classic

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
so far, 600 times in, results are
1- 63
2- 60
3- 68
4- 64
5- 72
6- 73
7- 73
8- 53
9- 74

it seems 8 is occurring slightly less times... and nine the most, another thing I didn't see coming.

this was all done below 50%. I'll do this 400 more times, then try 1000 times per 50% up to 150%

and so far, not a single number has appeared twice in a row.

Neb

Smash Lord
its great. my gaw vs some scrubs rob at battlefield at this tourney in cleveland. we both rushforward and he hits the 9 in the first second of gameplay and it kills him. a classic
I thought 9 only KO's at like 20-Up? Not at zero?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It's cool, but like you said impractical, more so in a game where camping is so prevalent it would be even more situational.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
I seem to get 9's more when I save it. Example: I'll get opponent down to one stock, then I'll down throw and roll chase (if they don't tech), throw a judgement, and more often than not, it's a nine. This is an observation, could be luck or a psychological thing. It would be great if we could just look at the Brawl source code and not have to do testing. :) Until something is found, I'm just going to throw judgements whenever my opponent is at medium damage (too low for fsmash/dsmash/upsmash kill) and makes some kind of mistake.

EDIT: After reading judgement stats- This could be because you have a 1 in 7 chance of pulling a 9 on the first and second pull (if first isn't a 9) because you can't get a 1 or 2 on first pull of a stock. This is great info. You also can't get a 9, a number, and then a 9 in a given stock. So once you get a 9, and you have time, you should hammer twice to "refresh" it. That risks you getting 12%, but it's worth it in my opinion if you play a good defensive game and careful offensive game throughout. Honestly, you aren't going to use the hammer more than 9 times in a match, so chances are you are going to get a 1 once, slim chance of twice. So this is how I'll play. :)

dead_cell

Smash Cadet
Nah, why don't you go to training mode and pull a nine at zero damage, they won't die.
lol, it was jk. nvm tho. i dont see why you guys dont just go on the gaw sticky and read the judge dynamics. it is quite insightful and i use it to make calculated guesses of what number i will get. :gw:

IronSquirrel891

Smash Apprentice
I had a buddy who said his friend had found a sequence of moves that always leads to the nine hammer.
I figured he was just bull****ting me, but does anyone think there might actually be sequences of moves that make nine more likely?

It's just a shot in the dark honestly. Ill ask his friend should I ever actually talk to him, but its probably a fruitless task.
As its just flat out, an unreasonable thing to test.

i'd try to help with that if I could even USE Game and Watch on my copy of brawl without the game ****ing up..

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
I had a buddy who said his friend had found a sequence of moves that always leads to the nine hammer.
I figured he was just bull****ting me, but does anyone think there might actually be sequences of moves that make nine more likely?

It's just a shot in the dark honestly. Ill ask his friend should I ever actually talk to him, but its probably a fruitless task.
As its just flat out, an unreasonable thing to test.

i'd try to help with that if I could even USE Game and Watch on my copy of brawl without the game ****ing up..
actually yes, and for me, it's judgment, just after certain numbers, but how I assume you guys are testing it is by just doing the move over and over, not hitting anybody

I've tried it on some people, on final D, in Brawl not melee, and so far here's what I've come up with:

hitting a person with 2, they trip, do judgment IMMEDIATELY after, and about 65% of the time I got a 9

hitting a person with 5, right after the last shock (done on low damages) you dash up to were they would land (oh and on light weight characters) and do judgment right there, and 95% of the time it hit them

hitting a person with 8 on low damage, they go up, and while coming down soon as they are right in front of you, do judgment, 95% of the time I got 4, which send you diagonally, and not too far. dash, jump, and do judgment, 95% of the time i did this i got a 9

again, i did this on light weight characters

hitting them with 7, eating the apple immediately, take a SLIGHT pause, dash, do judgement, 95% of the time I got 9 (side note, they slide about the distance of bowser's length after getting hit by 7)

Now, I'm not sure if it only worked on my wii, i haven't spent more than a couple hours on this, on light weight characters so far because of how far they go after each attack, so go ahead and try it if you want, not guaranteed the same results, but just curious if it works

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
actually yes, and for me, it's judgment, just after certain numbers, but how I assume you guys are testing it is by just doing the move over and over, not hitting anybody

I've tried it on some people, on final D, in Brawl not melee, and so far here's what I've come up with:

hitting a person with 2, they trip, do judgment IMMEDIATELY after, and about 65% of the time I got a 9

hitting a person with 5, right after the last shock (done on low damages) you dash up to were they would land (oh and on light weight characters) and do judgment right there, and 95% of the time it hit them

hitting a person with 8 on low damage, they go up, and while coming down soon as they are right in front of you, do judgment, 95% of the time I got 4, which send you diagonally, and not too far. dash, jump, and do judgment, 95% of the time i did this i got a 9

again, i did this on light weight characters

hitting them with 7, eating the apple immediately, take a SLIGHT pause, dash, do judgement, 95% of the time I got 9 (side note, they slide about the distance of bowser's length after getting hit by 7)

Now, I'm not sure if it only worked on my wii, i haven't spent more than a couple hours on this, on light weight characters so far because of how far they go after each attack, so go ahead and try it if you want, not guaranteed the same results, but just curious if it works
nope, tried it at someone elses house, waaay harder to get it.... yea just dont waste your time XD

Top Bottom