• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkje

Smash Lord
I find this rather funny
jeffz0r is all like : this is going to be the best tourney ever because I have the moste international guys . but they need to arrange housing thereselfs ^^ so I think the half of them won't come -_-

Luma

Smash Lord
yes man, i dont understand that point of u jeffy

why dont u just make a list who can house and who need housing? (or just one of them)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Well too bad then. People had to arrange housing themselves for XTC3 too and I don't remember anyone complaining about that. If people can't get housing (which I find hard to imagine) or are too lazy to find housing, then they shouldn't come at all :/

Luma

Smash Lord
ok
u dont know any dutchies, no one answered in the topic, and the host is an idiot.
how to get a place to sleep then?

and wtf? u shouldnt talk about lazy ppl, u are to lazy to help ppl who need housing -.-"

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
ok
u dont know any dutchies, no one answered in the topic, and the host is an idiot.
how to get a place to sleep then?

and wtf? u shouldnt talk about lazy ppl, u are to lazy to help ppl who need housing -.-"
STFU, I didn't count on this many foreigners when I started the planning for this. I can't be held responsible for housing everyone, I'm doing enough as it is. And if you find me an idiot, then **** off and don't come >_>

Down A

Smash Journeyman
@prosmasher tim

I could probably house you. I live in Utrecht, it's in a city next to where the tourney is held.
It's 1 trainstation(30 min.) away and from there it's just a couple of minutes to my place.
Only i should note i'm just a poor little student who lives in a studenthouse in a single small room. For you this means that you'll have to sleep on the floor as i can't really offer anything better.

i don't really know you that well but at least i've seen/talked/played you before(new order) and know i'm not letting some complete lunatic into my house, and i was allready planning to house 1 or 2 people.
So, if you're interested, just pm me, you're welcome.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, Jeffzor, he's right. It's your responsibility to help out and make sure the dutchies that are actually able to house people come out and say so =)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Well, for the people who contact me, sure I'll try to find housing. But if someone is too lazy to make any effort at all, they shouldn't expect any help from my side either. That's all I'm saying :/

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Dave housed many people himself at XTC3 and it IS indeed your responsibility to at least get some housing list organised. You DON'T have to house everyone yourself, but you really need to help foreigners get housing, especially the guys who don't know many Dutchies. Getting all defensive and rude is not the way.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I'm housing about 10 foreigners myself, which is good enough I think.
And like I said, I'll help the foreigners to get housing if they ask me. But I'm not contacting every foreigners on the list to check if they need help finding housing or not.
When you visit a tournament abroad, it's completely normal I think, to find housing yourself, and don't let it completely depend on the host. I didn't count on Helios to house me before and after ROS3 (I'm not saying he couldn't, I'm just saying you shouldn't autimatically count on the host), I made sure I found some myself.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Well, I'm not completely sure, but I'll give it a try since people (read ''Marc'') insist :/

Thomaz should be able to house people, since he originally would house Aniolas, though I'm housing him now.
Faab is probably housing Doraki, at least Doraki asked him, so maybe he can house more
Down A, shoe, Sparkie009 and TheGreenMachine might be able to house people.
ZN-Freak can house probably 2 people.

LPU and Jody (Metalazo) unfortunately can't house people (they live the closest)

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thaaaat's better!
See, if you say "remember to arrange housing yourself", and then expect people to ask you for help finding a place to stay, I'm not surprised everyone's "being lazy". You basically told them not to ask you XD

Kirby Squad

Smash Lord
Well too bad then. People had to arrange housing themselves for XTC3 too and I don't remember anyone complaining about that. If people can't get housing (which I find hard to imagine) or are too lazy to find housing, then they shouldn't come at all :/
I had almost all the foreigners at my place so you might wanna give another tourney as a sample.... JD, Baxon and CJ were the only ones not staying at my place.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Thaaaat's better!
See, if you say "remember to arrange housing yourself", and then expect people to ask you for help finding a place to stay, I'm not surprised everyone's "being lazy". You basically told them not to ask you XD
...Which would mean they should ask others.

I had almost all the foreigners at my place so you might wanna give another tourney as a sample.... JD, Baxon and CJ were the only ones not staying at my place.
Would you house them all if over 30 foreigners were coming? XD

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I don't find it anything more then normal then to arrange housing yourself if you're travelling abroad. No offence to those who are trying to get housing, but those who don't care and expect me to arrange it for them, well, they're lazy >_>

The point is, by ''remember to arrange housing yourself'' I'm just saying, don't count on me to find it for you. All I can do for people is suggest someone to contact, which I hadn't the decided to do yet, when I changed that topic title.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
this is getting annoying, this conversation about housing !
seriously, there's NO NEED to say it in the topic's title jeff, as you said, it's NORMAL to try to find housing for yourself when you're travelling abroad. I've always done it, except when it's specified that the tournament will last for 4 days and that we can sleep in the venue.
I think you had no need to specify the housing issue on the topic's title, because as Helios said, it might have confused people... yeah some people can't read between lines, and they'll interpret what you wrote about housing in a way you CAN'T imagine... and that's scary. never had the impression that people don't seem to understand fully what you say or write? it happens to me all the time. people misunderstand things because they don't know their own language that well... it's even worse if the language is not a person's native language. the confusions can be crazy !
now, I never said that you should take care of housing, but you can organize it somehow, which is your duty as a tournament holder, right?
for my personnal situation, I'd say that jeff is being extremely kind to house me and the other frenchies I bring with me, so thank you jeff ! ^^

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Well I never thought about it that way. But if you really think people might interpretate (how do you spell that in English XD) the title wrong, I changed it now.

Linkje

Smash Lord
Well, I'm not completely sure, but I'll give it a try since people (read ''Marc'') insist :/

Thomaz should be able to house people, since he originally would house Aniolas, though I'm housing him now.
Faab is probably housing Doraki, at least Doraki asked him, so maybe he can house more
Down A, shoe, Sparkie009 and TheGreenMachine might be able to house people.
ZN-Freak can house probably 2 people.

LPU and Jody (Metalazo) unfortunately can't house people (they live the closest)
Omdat Lpu niet bestaat en jody gestikt is in een mini cooper

SexyMeth

Smash Cadet
what kirby squad says

but i got the plastic version
its all like: .......pink and plastic

im getting the amsterdam version next week @ my barbie dealer he give's me free latex barbie clothe's (cant w8)

Player Pink

Smash Apprentice
omg that's scary. And saying that fox has an 'advantage' over peach because she can't catch him when he's running away and shooting lasers..... that's the most inane argument i've ever heard. That only works if the peach if ******** and even IF it works... lasers aren't going to kill him. Peach vs Fox on DL64 has a BIG advantage for peach. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom