• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Funny, I just got an image in my brain of Nintendo doing Persona 5 villagers for the new Animal Crossing game like they did with LoZ and Splatoon in New Leaf. A fun thought.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Funny, I just got an image in my brain of Nintendo doing Persona 5 villagers for the new Animal Crossing game like they did with LoZ and Splatoon in New Leaf. A fun thought.
Well.. i guess both have kind of sim-like stuff going. But I think there's a lot more interesting crossovers than persona and animal crossing :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well.. i guess both have kind of sim-like stuff going. But I think there's a lot more interesting crossovers than persona and animal crossing :p
He's just thinking something that would make sense, is all. Hell, some of the PTs already wear animal masks.

It still beats putting Warioware's Ashley into random games that aren't Mario-related.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He's just saying it would make sense, is all. Hell, some of the PTs already wear animal masks.
No way, the villages are cute and clean, we dont need the phantom thieves. Unless youre saying tom nook needs to have his heart stolen? The greediness got to him? is that what youre saying?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No, no, no, nobody kills anyone in Animal Crossing, everybody is friends with each other. Well, Redd is more of a swindler than Tom Nook, but that's it. It would be funny and cute to see the PTs in animal forms to chat up villagers and visit towns. Nothing about there being battles.

If anything, for the longest time people thought that Isabelle shouldn't be in Smash Brothers, because she was claimed to be a pacifist and that she'd be killed in there. Yeah, obviously they were not in charge of who gets in or not.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont mind villagers that are ready to venture off into other stuff.
Just keep our cute villages cute :O

Here's an idea, extend the sim part of persona in the next one or a spin-off, and make it so you can farm and tend a land. And some crops get affected by something in the other realm so you have to go there and use personas to free your land from it.
Persona: Farm lands

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman

Here's an idea, extend the sim part of persona in the next one or a spin-off, and make it so you can farm and tend a land. And some crops get affected by something in the other realm so you have to go there and use personas to free your land from it.
A Rune Factory Persona game? I honestly really want to see that done now.

amageish

Smash Master

A Persona-themed gardening simulator? That's a great idea... You can make it a spin-off of Persona 5 and call it... Haruvest Moon!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

haha

ha

I'll, uh, show myself out.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
He's just thinking something that would make sense, is all. Hell, some of the PTs already wear animal masks.

It still beats putting Warioware's Ashley into random games that aren't Mario-related.
Cosplaying Ashley is a thing I rather like actually. Now that I think about it, Ashley could pull off a Joker cosplay very well...
No way, the villages are cute and clean, we dont need the phantom thieves. Unless youre saying tom nook needs to have his heart stolen? The greediness got to him? is that what youre saying?
Ganon can be a villager who lives in peace, so I see no reason why the opposite couldn't be true.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Cosplaying Ashley is a thing I rather like actually. Now that I think about it, Ashley could pull off a Joker cosplay very well...

Ganon can be a villager who lives in peace, so I see no reason why the opposite couldn't be true.
not my something meme. #notmyvillage
I guess.

I'm sure there's plenty of cool crossover ideas some companies are playing around with. hopefully some cool stuff.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I have no idea if it fits your idea of cool, but Darius X Persona would be nice.
That's funny i thought about another shootem up, i didnt know Darius was one. May be an obscure game?

I have played games that had shooter-sections in them, not everyone is a fan of them tho.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's funny i thought about another shootem up, i didnt know Darius was one. May be an obscure game?

I have played games that had shooter-sections in them, not everyone is a fan of them tho.
Not exactly obscure, it's been around for decades, though not many games recently. The latest one incorporated a lot of characters and ships from other IPs as guest DLC (including Space Harrier himself), so I think Persona might be one of the next courses of action for Taito to take.

Apart from that, don't know what else could work.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not exactly obscure, it's been around for decades, though not many games recently. The latest one incorporated a lot of characters and ships from other IPs as guest DLC (including Space Harrier himself), so I think Persona might be one of the next courses of action for Taito to take.
oh ok, that clears that up.
Were they from other companies? I wonder how much Atlus likes to put games like persona in other games (aside from smash)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
oh ok, that clears that up.
Were they from other companies? I wonder how much Atlus likes to put games like persona in other games (aside from smash)
Basically, yes. Here's a list:

Sega: Harrier, TRY-Z (Galaxy Force II), Opa Opa (Fantasy Zone)
CAVE: Delta Sword (Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu), Windia (Deathsmiles), Tiger Schwert (Ketsui)
Raizing: Wild Snail (Battle Garegga), Miyamoto (Mahou Daisakusen), Swordfish (Soukyugurentai)
Capcom: Mobilesuit a (Side Arms: Hyper Dyne), Tanikura F7 Saber (Varth), Gambler (Progear)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Kirby with joker's mask should be kool (and cute) to see.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'd bet we'll see news on P5R this weekend, perhaps even as early as Friday. The final episode of the Persona 5 Animation airs on March 23rd in Japan, which would be the 22nd for us.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I completely agree with this. There is enough information for them to reveal that could make up a short direct. From what they teased regarding 3.0 there seems to be something big in the works for that update, they could also go into detail about Joker's moveset like they did with some of the Smash 4 DLC and also reveal the character for challenger pack 2 so there is definitely no shortage of things to show off
yup, they can start featuring joker's moveset, then his finalsmash, then mementos, some of teh music, a brief look at persona sipirits, then home run contest, then a more indepth look at the stage builder, and bamf, they end teh direct with a reveal trailer of fighter number 2.

is a pretty solid direct if you ask me.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
yup, they can start featuring joker's moveset, then his finalsmash, then mementos, some of teh music, a brief look at persona sipirits, then home run contest, then a more indepth look at the stage builder, and bamf, they end teh direct with a reveal trailer of fighter number 2.

is a pretty solid direct if you ask me.
That's pretty much what I'm expecting. I just hope it happens as soon as possible. I want to have time to appreciate Joker's render, trailer, and pictures on the website before he comes out. But they'll probably just wait until the day he comes out and shadow drop him afterwards.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's pretty much what I'm expecting. I just hope it happens as soon as possible. I want to have time to appreciate Joker's render, trailer, and pictures on the website before he comes out. But they'll probably just wait until the day he comes out and shadow drop him afterwards.
I never expect the website staff to do anything logical or smart at this point. The most they can do is have the sense to wait until DLC rolls along.

That being said, I think we won't have much weeks left to wait.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
P5A? You meant to say Akechi Quota: The Show right?
Ugh don't even remind me...I am still pissed off they had him overshadow Futaba's presence during Sojiro's confidant.

Also reminds me how I don't want him as a Joker echo or whatever in this game.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Ugh don't even remind me...I am still pissed off they had him overshadow Futaba's presence during Sojiro's confidant.

Also reminds me how I don't want him as a Joker echo or whatever in this game.
Hold up, what's this about overshadowing Futaba? Does Akechi need to be taught a lesson?

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Hold up, what's this about overshadowing Futaba? Does Akechi need to be taught a lesson?
What I meant was that they dropped a lot of the moments Futaba had during Sojiro's confidant in favor of tying it to Akechi's backstory resulting in him and Joker having more scenes together than scenes featuring Joker, Futaba and Sojiro up until the end.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What I meant was that they dropped a lot of the moments Futaba had during Sojiro's confidant in favor of tying it to Akechi's backstory resulting in him and Joker having more scenes together than scenes featuring Joker, Futaba and Sojiro up until the end.
That's really dumb. Sojiro's confidant has nothing to do with Akechi.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
On the bright side, the P5 animation caused the P4 animation to be more appreciated.

Top Bottom