• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs:nerfed or improved?

Hoboparty

Smash Apprentice
I would like to know if jiggs has gotten any better in Brawl. I've started to play puff in Melee and it seems she's amazing.

slowslow325

Smash Rookie
I have only seen topics that say what got better and what got worse it doesn't say if she is better or worse overall.

Give your opinion about whether she is better or worse. Me I don't have the game yet but from what I've seen she got a little worse. I HAVE NOT PLAYED YET

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is far superior to what she used to be...

1. She is larger [since you cannot CC atks now this isn't much of a nerf/and it increases the rest hitbox size]

2. Her rest is infinitly better in comparison to how it used to be [places a DoT on the opponent, and sends them straight up, and she wakes up faster]

3. Pound sends your opponent straight up, which allows for better Uair placement in contrast to melee where you had to move your *** inorder to follow up a spaced pound w/ a Bair >_>

4. She is even MORE floaty so her recovery is just that much better.

5. Her throws basically have the same trajectory as before..

6. The game mechanics were changed SO MUCH that Jiggs no longer has a fear of death @ 35% [one of the largest buffs.. even though other characters will outlive her, she still has a much increased match expectancy]

7. You can combo ALOT better w/ the Fair if you sweetspot it, and the like..

8. I said so

9. I said so

10. Mango and I both listen to Cascada gg

Good Day Sirs.

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
^^

Really? Awsome!...I can't wait to play as Jiggly!

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
People are claiming all sorts of things, especially that she sucks now that WoP was nerfed. Well, I don't really see how effective the nerf was, since she can still for all intents and purposes, WoP.

I think she's probably going to be better, for no other reason that she's got more outright kill moves, and she's probably going to be more based on combos again.

Mike87

Smash Ace
People are claiming all sorts of things, especially that she sucks now that WoP was nerfed. Well, I don't really see how effective the nerf was, since she can still for all intents and purposes, WoP.

I think she's probably going to be better, for no other reason that she's got more outright kill moves, and she's probably going to be more based on combos again.
What is WoP?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
WoP got nerfed? For all I know, it seems easier to do for me.

But then again, those people I do it against have no idea what DI is.

kutebabidear

Smash Rookie
Sydney Australia, fast internet. no items & s
personally i think she's IMPROVED.

I actually have the game, so I'm not making assumptions like most ppl here.

Most of my Melee death came from accidental suicides from Rollout, but now it's rare to die from Rollout as you can jump back up to the platform even after jiggly is off the screen in the bottom corner :chuckle:

As for rest... well it's kinda fair, I guess...considering no one dies at below 80% anyway.

infernovia

Smash Ace
Directional Influence. Basically, when you get slammed, you can kinda force your own trajectory just to make yourself harder to combo.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman

...Most of my Melee death came from accidental suicides from Rollout...
LOL, that tells me a lot. Seriously though, if her recovery is even better, and she is not quite as easy to kill at low %'s, then thats a big enough buff for me. :)

I've actually mained Jiggs in Melee, so I'll be very interested how she turns out in Brawl. She was much better in Melee than in Smash64, and it overall seems like she'll be even better now. :laugh:

TheStig

Smash Lord
LOL, that tells me a lot. Seriously though, if her recovery is even better, and she is not quite as easy to kill at low %'s, then thats a big enough buff for me. :)

I've actually mained Jiggs in Melee, so I'll be very interested how she turns out in Brawl. She was much better in Melee than in Smash64, and it overall seems like she'll be even better now. :laugh:
I think recovery is improved, but Jiggs still dies at low percentages. On the video thread, Jiggs gets killed by Kirby's upsmash at 75%. :(

quest2788

Smash Rookie
guys this may have been answered already, but how do you unlock jigglypuf. her and toon link are the last two characters i need

Platanos

Smash Cadet
Hopefully she was improved.

Almost every character in Brawl is, for me, fair game to main right now. I'll only decide who to main after I play it.

I would enjoy maining 'puff.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Jiggly seems less fluid as compared to Melee. I don't really know how to describe it, but Jiggly seemed easier for me to play in Melee. Brawl though, her fair has much better knockback, and the jump height and timing is going to need some adjustment. Overall, I think Jiggly will be better but needs practice to remaster/master.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
why they nerf jiggly? Theres nothing to nerf really. Her only move that would need it would be her db but thats hard enough to land.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well I know that her Down+B is totally nerfed. The effect of getting hit by rest is not being burned anymore. You will suffer from the flower that grows on your head, similar to when you get hit by a Lip's Stick.
I suppose that alone weakens the Puff.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Once again Rest was not Nerfed. I played the game and it is just as good. People just naturally live longer and you don't need combos anymore to pull it off due to its buff in range. And if their about 70% it should kill them thus letting you live. Which I think is pretty good.

1,500th post

Jadin Xquire

Smash Cadet
Hello

I actually have the game, so I'm not making assumptions like most ppl here.

Most of my Melee death came from accidental suicides from Rollout, but now it's rare to die from Rollout as you can jump back up to the platform even after jiggly is off the screen in the bottom corner :chuckle:

As for rest... well it's kinda fair, I guess...considering no one dies at below 80% anyway.

It is actually the same as in melee in comparison. In brawl on avg a char will die from 150%- 250% and her rest connecting is 80% or higher.

In melee people die around 100% or higher and her rest is about 20% to 50%. In ratio its the same. She has not got nerfed at all. She is actually better. In water stages if she rest then lands in water she wakes up automatically. Broken!!

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Whoever said rest is BETTER...it kills at such higher percentages now, I don't see how it's viable. Yes, it tags a flower on their head, and she may wake up a little quicker, but what's the point of a kill move that leaves you vulnerable for 4-5 seconds if you still have to hand out 60% damage before using it?

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
lol at the above post
What's so LOL about my post?

In Melee, you could grab a falco at 0%, throw him up and Rest him, and if you weren't dead center on the stage, you had a potential kill on your hands, so the wake-up time for rest wasn't a huge issue.

You're not going to get that kill in Brawl.

Jadin Xquire

Smash Cadet
What's so LOL about my post?

In Melee, you could grab a falco at 0%, throw him up and Rest him, and if you weren't dead center on the stage, you had a potential kill on your hands, so the wake-up time for rest wasn't a huge issue.

You're not going to get that kill in Brawl.
Thats if the falco player has horrible DI. A good fast fall player will take about 50% to 60% to kill even if the fast faller is DI super good. In ratio it is the same. In brawl it takes longer to kill any of the character. Around minimum %150 to kill with regular hits to opponent (Which is not likely because of DI and if the opponent is air dodging multiple times to get back to the state. If you didnt know a char can do any move after an air dodge) to 300%. If you look at this in ratio 80%(for a rest) in brawl is a lot like 30% to 40% in melee. If you havent played the game I suggest playing first then commenting and if you have played brawl then play as her and test my theory and go back and play melee with puff and compare. You will see that it is about the same. Example 1/2 = 50/100. There are different numbers but in actual reality it equals out. (Melee is the 1/2 and Brawl is the 50/100 in the example.) She didnt get nerfed at all. She is about the same or better. She got buffed.

Athos

Smash Cadet
I played her today and I was pleasantly surprised. I remember listening to the podcast and hearing SP talk about how bad and pathetic she was; but I was owning my friend right and left. Hell I even pull out some rest combos. Yes she's nerfed from melee; but honestly so is everyone; I think you can still be pretty dang competitive with her.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I played her today and I was pleasantly surprised. I remember listening to the podcast and hearing SP talk about how bad and pathetic she was; but I was owning my friend right and left. Hell I even pull out some rest combos. Yes she's nerfed from melee; but honestly so is everyone; I think you can still be pretty dang competitive with her.
What podcast? Please tell me.

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
Got to play Jiggs today, friggin' finally....

Overall, I'd say Jiggs has actually improved slightly. The only thing I absolutely hate about her in brawl is that rest just doesn't kill like it used to.

Combo'ing seems to be just as easy, if not easier (in my opinion). Got off a few good walls against friends, so I'm happy that the WoP is still there to use and abuse =P.

Her being a bit harder to kill is definitely a plus.

Overall, good stuff Jiggs (Or should I say Biggs?).

Jadin Xquire

Smash Cadet
Got to play Jiggs today, friggin' finally....

Overall, I'd say Jiggs has actually improved slightly. The only thing I absolutely hate about her in brawl is that rest just doesn't kill like it used to.

Combo'ing seems to be just as easy, if not easier (in my opinion). Got off a few good walls against friends, so I'm happy that the WoP is still there to use and abuse =P.

Her being a bit harder to kill is definitely a plus.

Overall, good stuff Jiggs (Or should I say Biggs?).
Actually I found out that in the settings Gravity can be affected from medium to Heavy. If the gravity is put on Heavy then it feels like melee again. Everyone is faster and the game is faster so for those who hate brawl because of the speed then You would have to go the special brawl section to change the gravity settings. Every char is easier to kill like in melee.

KillaBunneh

Smash Rookie
How about roll, other than the fact that the recovery is better, but didnt it get faster and stronger!! I use roll all the time especially during ffa

Top Bottom