• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggly's shield broken = Instant Death from 0%

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if its a glitch or what, but as Jigglypuff, if you hold down the shield till it breaks, you fly off the map instantly.

Furthermore, we did a test where I would shield until it was partially depleted and had marth do neutral B (shield breaker) and it also resulted in instant death from 0%.

An uncharged shield breaker took his full shield down to almost nothing but didnt kill him.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Old. It happened in the 64 version and in Melee and is therefore intentional. But thanks for confirming it. :)

heytallman

CTALL
I remember when I first found this on my own in Melee. I didn't know that this existed, and I was playing at a friends house. For some weird reason we had items on. My friend had a fan and was hitting me, so I shielded. Somehow my shield broke, killing me, and taking my last stock. It sucked.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I remember when I first found this on my own in Melee. I didn't know that this existed, and I was playing at a friends house. For some weird reason we had items on. My friend had a fan and was hitting me, so I shielded. Somehow my shield broke, killing me, and taking my last stock. It sucked.
Try getting your shield broken in tournament play.

It's the worst feeling in the world.

Baconater

Smash Cadet
if you go to hyrule and break your shield in the cave you get ANTIGRAVITY JIGGS

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you know what else might be a surprise to you is if you charge G&W's bucket with pk flashes and use it and the person shields... g&w will instantly fly off to the side and die. pretty funny

DrunkenSphere

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately jiggs shield when broken does kill her in open space. Fortunatly for Jiggs players, her sheild is still the biggest and cushions for grabs nicely.

Atsu

Smash Ace
It's pretty hard to get your Shiled Broken on any character (Of course, I wouldn't know about Brawl since I have never played it). I main Jigglypuff on Melee and I don't use any of those "advanced" techniques except for L-Canceling (Aka I shield a lot). But until I heard about this, I have never had my shield broken.

On-Topic: But I guess it's just simple physics. But would this apply to Kirby too? (Probably not since it hasn't been mentioned)

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately jiggs shield when broken does kill her in open space. Fortunatly for Jiggs players, her sheild is still the biggest and cushions for grabs nicely.
Isn't Yoshi's shield the most durable?

Oh yeah, and ever since I knew this (2003) I started panicking and jumping off the floor when my shield got alarmingly small.

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
i was playing the last event in melee as jiggs and i had killed giga bowser twice and mewtwo and gannandowrf were dead. i tried to do a down b missed. i recovered just in time to get hit by a giga bowser bomb. i sheided and it poped and i went strait up and died.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
I always found that rather stupid, but then again Jiggs weighs under 10lb

Arashi

Smash Cadet
Did she die automatically in the first SSB? I know she did in Melee. It kind of makes sense, since she's a balloon pokemon, she just pops. POP!

I love Jiggly!

Bluerockworld

Smash Apprentice
Jiggs also stays going in the air for a while! I did it in target test to see when it stops, and it was like 20 seconds later she then fell and then was dizzy T_T was that really neccessary?

rtmcs1017

Smash Cadet
Try getting your shield broken in tournament play.

It's the worst feeling in the world.
That has GOT to suck. My friend main's Jiggy and is a total beast with her. Another friend of mine overuses the shield constantly and tried using Jiggy because he argued that she's a cheap character (ROFL) but ended up getting one life'd because his shield broke 3 times in a row.

Good times.

S0FT

Smash Ace
Lollz at "Me and my friends did some tests" OLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD NEWS

Thats why in melee when a jiggs missed a rest. I would time it so just as my charge b was fully charged and about to hit the jiggs, the jiggs would just be waking up and have just enough time to sheild, its funny cause they would usally sheild.............

whale king

Smash Rookie
this happened in melee so whats different about it? because i really don't know? if they fixed it that would be good but thats stupid how they didn't.

Dragnil

Smash Cadet
this trick can be useful though, like in melee when you had to escape from brinstar, if you put her in the right place she would fly about halfway up it.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
Lollz at "Me and my friends did some tests" OLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD NEWS
Sorry for not being aware of every single **** things known in the world.

Its true that this was always part of jiggly. It also means better get hit than get your shield broken in open space.

Doval

Smash Lord
Isn't Yoshi's shield the most durable?
All shields last the same (though how long it takes for a shield to start exposing part of your bodies is a completely different issue.) Well, I believe Yoshi's lasts 1 frame longer but really, who cares about that?

Ween

Smash Cadet
lol Polostick's sig. I switched to Internet Explorer to see if it would change and it did

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Does anyone know WHY this happens? Like does it have something to do with one of Jiggly's moves in the pokemon games or the anime?

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Did she die automatically in the first SSB? I know she did in Melee.
its been this way since melee.
Its been this way since the first SSB game for the N64. And yes, she automatically dies in that game as well. It has always been this way for Jigglypuff, and they continued it into Brawl.

Please tell me this is a joke thread lol
Go try it out sometime. It is very real. If Jigglypuff's shield is broken, she dies instantly.

Top Bottom