• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff's DASC

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Something that deserves more attention by us in particular.

Video demo - Dash Attack Shield Cancel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54mPByImY0
Jigglypuff wrecks s*** around 5:42

Dash attack a shielding player off an edge and input any attack for an almost laggless buffer. This is an easy setup for rest, or WoP.

It's been called situational, but it can happen a few times a match. You just have to force it... kind of.

Dash attacking a shielding player is a bad idea if you do it out in the open, but if you attempt it near an edge they won't be able to do anything once they get knocked off. If your opponent shields the attack, it can't hurt to input rest during the shield stun because the attack could buffer if you hit them right.

-Inputing a b-air or a f-air when DASC'ing off the stage puts you and your opponent in the perfect position for a WoP.
-Shieldstun + Rest = Combo. (Great setup.)
-Inputing d-air puts you in the perfect position for a drill rest.
-Depending on how your opponent reacts, you may be able to tech chase with a half charged rollout.
-Pound shield break possibilities.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Nobody really shields right next to the edge. It's really situational.
If you charge them with an obvious dash attack near the edge they might shield it, so it may happen more than you think.

Still not something you can do on the fly though, but something you can set up.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I dunno. It's an option you should always look out for. The only stage you can really pull it off on is stages like Delfino, where the platform is big enough for a dash attack, and still have land under it. You're never going to pull off a DASC on the main part of the stage on a competent opponent.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I dunno. It's an option you should always look out for. The only stage you can really pull it off on is stages like Delfino, where the platform is big enough for a dash attack, and still have land under it. You're never going to pull off a DASC on the main part of the stage on a competent opponent.
Never? Maybe not as often as on a platform but it's cirtainly possible. A lot of fighting takes place near the edge.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Aren't they likely to spotdodge instead, and if you buffer a rest you'll be left wide open.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Aren't they likely to spotdodge instead, and if you buffer a rest you'll be left wide open.
If you don't hit their shield you simply don't procede with rest.

Also, a DASC is way too fast for an opponent to air dodge out of. Rest comes out in 2 frames and F-air sweetspot comes out in 8-9. Shield stun and human reflext make it impossible.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
*wishes people didnt read into comments a lot, and asterisks after an asterisked statement*

_Keno_

Smash Lord
heys guys, why is it called the "dash attack" shield cancel if it can be done with any ground move that moves you forward? Including falco's f-smash, link's f-smash, and probably jigg's fsmash. Just wondering.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
heys guys, why is it called the "dash attack" shield cancel if it can be done with any ground move that moves you forward? Including falco's f-smash, link's f-smash, and probably jigg's fsmash. Just wondering.
Dash attacks are universal in the sense that they move the character forward a substantial amount. I see no issue in using a Forward Smash in lieu of Dash Attack aside from the shield knockback.

Veril

Frame Savant
This works with any move with forward momentum if you are moving towards the edge. Calling it dash-attack canceling is misleading. Sheild-assisted ledge canceling is much more accurate and that's what I've been calling it for the last 2 months or so.

I like to do this with Jiggs DACUS, f-smash, d-smash if I'm against the edge, and dash-canceled moves (B+). The higher shieldstun makes this happen waaaaay more often and more realistic. It isn't practical in vBrawl at all.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I have dial up so I can watch the movie, takes too long.

But wouldn't DASC rest KO you as well? The video I DID see of DASC has the user falling off WITH the opponent and attacking. So rest would put you to sleep off the stage no?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Response time!

No I meant won't they spotdodge instead of shield.
Yes, and I did answer that:

If you don't hit their shield (they spot dodge) you simply don't procede with rest.
This works with any move with forward momentum if you are moving towards the edge. Calling it dash-attack canceling is misleading. Sheild-assisted ledge canceling is much more accurate and that's what I've been calling it for the last 2 months or so.

I like to do this with Jiggs DACUS, f-smash, d-smash if I'm against the edge, and dash-canceled moves (B+). The higher shieldstun makes this happen waaaaay more often and more realistic. It isn't practical in vBrawl at all.
I didn't discover or name it, so mehh.

I notice a theme in your posts >.<
Each one mentions different versions of brawl in some way.

Just throwing that out there man. :)

But wouldn't DASC rest KO you as well? The video I DID see of DASC has the user falling off WITH the opponent and attacking. So rest would put you to sleep off the stage no?
If you want to use rest, do it off the edge of a platform and not the edge of the stage.

Top Bottom