• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Jigglypuff Testing Grounds~

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff Testing Grounds

I take requests, so if you have anything you'd like tested, feel free to ask.

Table of Contents
I. Detailed Moveset Analysis
II. Attack Ranges
III. Rest KO Percents
IV. Info
V. Videos

I. Detailed Moveset Analysis

*DISCLAIMER: Ankoku's method, not mine.*

These tests basically measure how much knockback and launch speed each of Jigglypuff's attacks has.

This is how it was done. I would hit Mario with a move when he was at 0% and 300%, and calculate how much knockback was added for every 1%.

So;

Initial Power= How much knockback each move does when opponent is at 0%.
Power Growth= How much knockback is added at each percent.
Trajectory= The rough angle that the opponent is sent flying.

Moves generally KO at around 7000, give or take a couple hundred. (Depending on trajectory)

The KO Percents were calculated on a level 9 Mario in Training Mode on Final Destination.

Code:
Key:

[U]Initial Power[/U]
0-999 = Weak
1000-1999 = Decent
2000-2999 = Strong
3000-3999 = Amazing
4000+ = Magnificent

[U]Power Growth[/U]
0 = None
1-19 = Terrible
20-24 = Poor
25 = Average
26-29 = Decent
30-39 = Amazing
40+ = Magnificent

Jab (Punch)
Damage: 3%
Initial Power: Decent (566)
Power Growth: Terrible (~6)
Trajectory: 30°
KO Percent: 990%

Jab Combo (Punch 2)
Damage: 3%
Initial Power:Terrible (823)
Power Growth: Terrible (~6)
KO Percent: 946%

Dash Attack
Damage: 12%
Initial Power: Decent (1514)
Power Growth: Amazing (~33)
KO Percent: 149%

Tilts

Up-Tilt
Damage:9%
Initial Power: Strong (2279)
Power Growth: Decent (~28)
Trajectory: 90°
KO Percent: 126%

F-Tilt
Damage: 10%
Initial Power: Decent (1136)
Power Growth: Decent (~29)
KO Percent: 187%

D-tilt
Initial Power: Decent (1552)
Power Growth: Terrible (~9)
Trajectory: 195°
KO Percent: 509%

Smashes

Up-Smash (Front)
Damage: 13%
Initial Power: Decent (1710)
Power Growth: Amazing (~36)
KO Percent: 128%

Up-Smash (Back)
Damage: 15%
Initial Power: Decent (1860)
Power Growth: Magnificent (~40)
KO Percent: 110%

F-Smash
Damage: 16%
Initial Power: Decent (1660)
Power Growth: Magnificent (~44)
Trajectory: 35°
KO Percent: 110%

D-Smash
Initial Power: Decent (1754)
Power Growth: Poor (~22)
Trajectory: 180°
KO Percent: 199%

Aerials

U-Air
Damage: 9%
Initial Power: Decent (1792)
Power Growth: Decent (~26)
KO Percent: 170%

F-Air
Initial Power: Decent (2045)
Power Growth: Amazing (~36)
KO Percent: 122%

D-Air
Damage: 16%
Initial Power: Decent (1058)
Power Growth: None (0)
KO Percent: N/A

B-air
Initial Power: Decent (1221)
Power Growth: Amazing (~30)
KO Percent: 175%

N-Air
Initial Power: Decent (1435)
Power Growth: Decent (~26)
KO Percent: 195%

N-Air (Late Hit)
Damage: 6%
Initial Power: Decent (811)
Power Growth: Terrible (~13)
KO Percent: 424%

Specials

Rollout (Uncharged)
Damage: 13%
Initial Power: Strong (2032)
Power Growth: Amazing (~33)
KO Percent: 127%

Rollout (Charged)
Damage: 18%
Initial Power: Strong (2445)
Power Growth: Magnificent (~48)
Trajectory: 25°
KO Percent: 79%

Rest
Damage: 15%
Initial Power: Magnificent (4133)
Power Growth: Amazing (~30)
KO Percent: 67%

Pound
Damage: 11%
Initial Power: Strong (2377)
Power Growth: Poor (~23)
KO Percent: 166%

Throws

U-Throw
Initial Power: Magnificent (3752)
KO Percent: 259%

F-Throw
Initial Power: Amazing (3392)
Power Growth: Terrible (~5)
Trajectory: 45°
KO Percent: 700%

D-Throw
Initial Power: Amazing (3516)
Trajectory: 80°
KO Percent: 307%

B-Throw
Initial Power: Amazing (3063)
Power Growth: Terrible (~7)
KO Percent: 464%

II. Attack Ranges (Greatest to Least)

Ground

1.) Rollout
2.) F-smash
3.) Pound
4.) D-tilt
5.) F-tilt
6.) D-smash
7.) Jab 2
8.) Jab 1
9.) U-smash
10.) U-tilt

Air

1.) Pound
2.) B-air
3.) F-air
4.) N-air
5.) D-air
6.) U-air

III. Rest KO Percents

Nimkip said:
The following characters can be KO'd by Jigg's rest starting from said percentage.

I Used a CP in Training mode on Final Destination.

Characters are listed by percentage from highest to lowest.

All Characters included.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DeDeDe - 87%

Snake - 83%

Donkey Kong - 80%

Captain Falcon - 79%

Ike - 77%

Ganondorf - 76%

Bowser - 75%

Link - 75%

Wolf - 73%

Charizard - 72%

Wario - 72%

Yoshi - 71%

ROB - 70%

Ivysaur - 70%

Samus - 69%

Lucario - 68%

Pit - 68%

Sonic - 68%

Marth - 67%

Luigi - 67%

Mario - 67%

Diddy Kong - 66%

Ness - 66%

Falco - 65%

Lucas - 65%

Toon Link - 65%

Ice Climbers - 63%

Pikachu - 62%

Pikmin and Olimar - 62%

Peach - 61%

Zero Suit Samus - 61%

Zelda - 60%

Sheik - 59%

Meta Knight - 59%

Kirby - 59%

Fox - 58%

Mr. Game and Watch - 57%

Squirtle - 54%

Jigglypuff - 52%

As of late, a test was also done with rest that involved DI and the following results were achieved.
Bowyer said:
So I figured out all the percents that people live until with DI and an attack and its listed in order from dieing first to last:

Jiggs 57%
Metaknight 64%
Sheik 64%
Zelda 65%
Fox 65%
Peach 66%a
Olimar 67%
ZSamus 69%
GW 69%
Y. Link 70%
Lucas 70%
Squirtle 70%
Falco 70%
Kirby 71%
Diddy 71%
Luigi 72%
Pit 73%
Lucario 73%
Rob 75%
Yoshi 77%
Sonic 77%
Charizard 78%
Wario 78%
Wolf 79%
Samus 80%
Mario 81%
Marth 81%
Bowser 81%
Pika 83%
Ivysaur 85%
IC's 86%
C. Falcon 88%
DDD 93%
Ganon 94%
Ike 97%
Link 98%
DK 100%
Snake 103%

*Note 1: Air dodging made the difference about 0-1% of the death percent, an attack is most likely always better to use when you get set back hard enough to die.

*Note 2: Heavier characters do not always die last over the top. There are many other factors such as falling speed, nature of the move used (not all moves cut momentum equally), differences in ability to DI (I don't know if this exist), and other things I don't know about.

*Note 3: While I tested these percents multiple times and such, there is still some possibility of error. There may be a better move to cancel out momentum with any given rested character, and its possible that my timings were off. As far as the timings go, the difference between starting a dair a couple frames apart could mean the difference between ganon dieing at 85% or living at 93%. Generally the hit stun finishes when they are close to the top of the screen but I couldn't tell an exact time when the hit stun wore out so I just mashed an attack over and over again and sometimes the move came out a couple frames sooner than other times. If someone finds out that a character can live longer than what I posted, please mention it.
IV. Info

• If you grab someone besides lucas ness and luigi and a few other characters and let them release horizontally its the exact distance of a roll of jigglypuff. That means that you can Grab, beat beat beat beat, let go and roll to rest. They can jump or run away before you can rest but some people with long ranges(like ike)somtimes start to charge a foward smash.

Sadly it doesn't work on snake too well. His legs are a bit too skinny.

Its great for mind games and if you start to memorize the distance between you and your opponent for the tech to work it becomes VERY useful.

So this tech isn't only for grab, roll rests. Just plain roll to rests. Try it out.
    -Glick

• I also discovered that tapping rollout next to a ledge is a decently quick way to grab a ledge except if they grab the ledge first you will fall to your death, unless your on a stage with water or a huge lower portion. I know this will get you killed on FD but I've used it on other stages. Its nice when they see you haven't jumped off to ledge grab. Tricky. Mind games only, and its situational.
    -Glick
  • OH and Kings nair backwards to rest still works with big characters. It just works better in melee because everyones heavier.
    -Glick
  • I also forgot silent pounds. If you ever noticed if you pound too close to the ground jigglypuff sticks to the ground and pounds but there is no sound. Its not very useful but I've had people run into the hitboxes because they didn't realize I pounded.
    -Glick

Stages Jigglypuff can fly under

These are all the stages Jigglypuff can fly under, and how many jumps it takes with pound, and without pound:

BattleField: 2 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 3 Jumps

Final Destination: 3 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 4 Jumps

Delphino Plaza (Main Platform): 1 Pound, 1 Jump; 2 Jumps

Norfair (Main Platform): 1 Pound, 1 Jump; 2 Jumps

Frigate Orpheon 1: 2 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 3 Jumps

Frigate Orpheon 2: 2 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 4 Jumps

Meta Knight's Ship: 2 Pounds, 1 Jump; 2 Jumps

Lylat Cruise: 2 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 2 Jumps

Smashville: 2 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 3 Jumps

Skyworld: 2 Pounds, 1 Jump; 2 Jumps

Projectiles Pound Out-Prioritizes

Mario's Fireballs and F.L.U.D.D.

Link's Arrows and Boomerang.

Samus' Uncharged shot, Homing Missiles and Charged Missiles.

Pikachu's Jolt.

G&W's Sausages.

Luigi's Fireballs.

Diddy's Peanuts.

Zelda's Din's Fire.

Sheik's Needles.

Pit's Arrows.

Charizard's Flamethrower and Rock Smash.

Squirtle's Water Gun.

Ivysaur's Razor Leaf.

Peach's Turnips.

Yoshi's Eggs.

Ness' PK fire and PK thunder.

Lucario's Baby Aura Sphere and Charged Aura Sphere when less than 90%.

Bowser's Flame Breath.

Toon Link's Arrows and Boomerang.

R.O.B.'s Gyro.

Olimar's Pikmin Toss (Will usually kill).

Lucas' PK Fire and PK Thunder

Projectiles Pound Will Not Out-Prioritize

Link's Bomb.

Samus' Charged Shot and Bombs.

Ness' PK Flash.

Fox's Laser.

Lucario's Charged Aura Sphere past 90%.

Toon Link's Bombs.

Wolf's Laser.

R.O.B.'s Laser.

Lucas' PK Flash.

V. Videos

Jigglypuff Can Wall Cling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6qjMzVaeXQ

Green Greens just got that much better for Jiggles.

Everything is explained in the video, but feel free to ask any questions.

Jigglypuff ISJR

It had to be done.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HIOX9Nnq9No

For more info on ISJR, go here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173119

Jigglypuff Footstool Double Jab Lock

Please practise this!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nOLuUHJVHaU

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Ankoku's method, not mine.
hmm, I may know that guy (he's in my sig, lol)

Here some stuff:

Nimkip said:
The following characters can be KO'd by Jigg's rest starting from said percentage.

I Used a CP in Training mode on Final Destination.

Characters are listed by percentage from highest to lowest.

All Characters included.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DeDeDe - 87%

Snake - 83%

Donkey Kong - 80%

Captain Falcon - 79%

Ike - 77%

Ganondorf - 76%

Bowser - 75%

Link - 75%

Wolf - 73%

Charizard - 72%

Wario - 72%

Yoshi - 71%

ROB - 70%

Ivysaur - 70%

Samus - 69%

Lucario - 68%

Pit - 68%

Sonic - 68%

Marth - 67%

Luigi - 67%

Mario - 67%

Diddy Kong - 66%

Ness - 66%

Falco - 65%

Lucas - 65%

Toon Link - 65%

Ice Climbers - 63%

Pikachu - 62%

Pikmin and Olimar - 62%

Peach - 61%

Zero Suit Samus - 61%

Zelda - 60%

Sheik - 59%

Meta Knight - 59%

Kirby - 59%

Fox - 58%

Mr. Game and Watch - 57%

Squirtle - 54%

Jigglypuff - 52%

As of late, a test was also done with rest that involved DI and the following results were achieved.

Bowyer said:
So I figured out all the percents that people live until with DI and an attack and its listed in order from dieing first to last:

Jiggs 57%
Metaknight 64%
Sheik 64%
Zelda 65%
Fox 65%
Peach 66%a
Olimar 67%
ZSamus 69%
GW 69%
Y. Link 70%
Lucas 70%
Squirtle 70%
Falco 70%
Kirby 71%
Diddy 71%
Luigi 72%
Pit 73%
Lucario 73%
Rob 75%
Yoshi 77%
Sonic 77%
Charizard 78%
Wario 78%
Wolf 79%
Samus 80%
Mario 81%
Marth 81%
Bowser 81%
Pika 83%
Ivysaur 85%
IC's 86%
C. Falcon 88%
DDD 93%
Ganon 94%
Ike 97%
Link 98%
DK 100%
Snake 103%

*Note 1: Air dodging made the difference about 0-1% of the death percent, an attack is most likely always better to use when you get set back hard enough to die.

*Note 2: Heavier characters do not always die last over the top. There are many other factors such as falling speed, nature of the move used (not all moves cut momentum equally), differences in ability to DI (I don't know if this exist), and other things I don't know about.

*Note 3: While I tested these percents multiple times and such, there is still some possibility of error. There may be a better move to cancel out momentum with any given rested character, and its possible that my timings were off. As far as the timings go, the difference between starting a dair a couple frames apart could mean the difference between ganon dieing at 85% or living at 93%. Generally the hit stun finishes when they are close to the top of the screen but I couldn't tell an exact time when the hit stun wore out so I just mashed an attack over and over again and sometimes the move came out a couple frames sooner than other times. If someone finds out that a character can live longer than what I posted, please mention it.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Could you make a video of Jigglypuff's SJR aerials? You made a video of it with Lucario, so I figured you could do it with Jiggs as well :)

Ulevo

Smash Master
Awesome, I love the information. I toy around sometimes in training mode. If I find anything interesting, I'll let you know. :)

Glick

Smash Lord
I was going to make another thread about this but:

If you grab someone besides lucas ness and luigi and a few other characters and let them release horizontally its the exact distance of a roll of jigglypuff. That means that you can Grab, beat beat beat beat, let go and roll to rest. They can jump or run away before you can rest but some people with long ranges(like ike)somtimes start to charge a foward smash.

I'm starting to master this roll to rest thing but It would be helpful for you to create a list of characters it can be done on.

Sadly it doesn't work on snake too well. His legs are a bit too skinny.

Its great for mind games and if you start to memorize the distance between you and your opponent for the tech to work it becomes VERY useful.

So this tech isn't only for grab, roll rests. Just plain roll to rests. Try it out.
--------

I also discovered that tapping rollout next to a ledge is a decently quick way to grab a ledge except if they grab the ledge first you will fall to your death, unless your on a stage with water or a huge lower portion. I know this will get you killed on FD but I've used it on other stages. Its nice when they see you haven't jumped off to ledge grab. Tricky. Mind games only, and its situational.
---

So there you have it guys. Thats all the stuff I've discovered with jigglypuff. I feel like I just gave away my babies, even though its not much, I discovered all this stuff on my own.

Feel free to do testing on this.

OH and Kings nair backwards to rest still works with big characters. It just works better in melee because everyones heavier.

EDIT: I also forgot silent pounds. If you ever noticed if you pound too close to the ground jigglypuff sticks to the ground and pounds but there is no sound. Its not very useful but I've had people run into the hitboxes because they didn't realize I pounded.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
hahah I posted an old topic explaining my love for Roll to rest but it got thrashed and forgotten :(

great info! help out my match up thread if you can sometime!

Glick

Smash Lord
I always knew about ISJR but I never thought it could be done with jigglypuff. I don't think its too useful, but it is interesting if applied.

Glick

Smash Lord
ISJR could potentially be useful. If basically allows you to stay in the air infinitely, but it's extremely difficult to do.
I guess I can agree to that.
It is extremely hard to do. I can't wait to see someone play a whole match without landing.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Oh wow!

This is very unexpected! Thank you SamuraiPanda and thank you Bowyer! You won't regret it!

I've found a minor glitch that I have recorded and will try to get on YouTube tomorrow.

And if there's anything anyone wants me to test, I'd be happy to. ^-^

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
ISJR can actually be pretty useful for Jigglypuff, if it can be done on jumps other than just the second. The thing is, it doesn't just give you an extra jump, it resets the jump counter, meaning, it would give you all of your jumps back. You wouldn't need to do it constantly, only near the end of your jumps. But can it be used on other jumps than just the second?

I was doing some testing myself, and though it didn't turn out, I think I should share it anyways. I was testing to see if canceling an opponent's dash-cancel slide with sing could have any use, but it does seem to.

As most of us know, you can cancel a dash attack into an upsmash, keeping the momentum from the dash and you start sliding along the ground. Well, if sing affects a character as they are using a dash attack or another attack with good momentum, they will fall asleep and slide along the ground.

I thought of two possible uses for this: using it defensively, and using it to make someone fall of the edge of a stage, asleep.

Now, defensively it doesn't do much. Even if you start getting good at timing it, there is still about a 50% sing won't hit someone slidedashing towards you. If you miss, then you are left wide open. Even if you do hit them they end up far away, so it becomes hard to counter attack.

So, next I tested some of the properties of the sleep effect. Firstly, if a sleeping character is on a platform and if breaks/disappears, they will instantly wake up. Even if you use an attack like Water gun that only pushes, they will just wake up when they are off the stage. When dash canceling, you can't fall off the ledge; you just stop at the edge, meaning the opponent will not fall off the edge. It can be used on walk-off stages to kill, but no walkoff stage is considered a CP stage, so ya.

So all-in-all, this was a bust.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
But can it be used on other jumps than just the second?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. You don't need to do aerials for any of the jumps but the fifth (mid-air) to ISJR and reset your jump count. So, you could jump up, do do four mid-air jumps, and do an aerial on the fifth, and ISJR.

---

I'm bored. Is there anything anyone wants me to test?

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I'm not quite sure what you mean. You don't need to do aerials for any of the jumps but the fifth (mid-air) to ISJR and reset your jump count. So, you could jump up, do do four mid-air jumps, and do an aerial on the fifth, and ISJR.

---

I'm bored. Is there anything anyone wants me to test?
Ya, that's what I meant. That's awesome, but I'm still having trouble doing it at all. Do you have any tips?

Well, I guess you can test out unusual rest set-ups (like dtilt>rest that I heard of once) or the stages Jigglypuff can fly under and in how many jumps it takes (using pound of course).

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Ya, that's what I meant. That's awesome, but I'm still having trouble doing it at all. Do you have any tips?
First thing's first, go here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173119

The way that I do it is I first practice in Training Mode in 1/4 speed, then try to move on to 1/2, and eventually, normal speed. I still can't get it consistently; In fact, I get it like 1 time out of 10. This technique is not really vital, so don't beat yourself up if you can't get it down.

Well, I guess you can test out unusual rest set-ups (like dtilt>rest that I heard of once) or the stages Jigglypuff can fly under and in how many jumps it takes (using pound of course).
Yay! Something to test!

Well, about the rest set-ups, none of the tilts really work, especially not d-tilt. D-tilt has way too much cool-down lag. F-tilt and u-tilt work much better, but still are 100% escapable. I mentioned this in the Discussion topic, but you can do a running grab and dangle someone off the ledge, and pummel them to do a grab release, and they will fall off the ledge. You can then run off the ledge and intercept them with an aerial or a rest.

Stages Jigglypuff can fly under

These are all the stages Jigglypuff can fly under, and how many jumps it takes with pound, and without pound:

BattleField: 2 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 3 Jumps

Final Destination: 3 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 4 Jumps

Delphino Plaza (Main Platform): 1 Pound, 1 Jump; 2 Jumps

Norfair (Main Platform): 1 Pound, 1 Jump; 2 Jumps

Frigate Orpheon 1: 2 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 3 Jumps

Frigate Orpheon 2: 2 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 4 Jumps

Meta Knight's Ship: 2 Pounds, 1 Jump; 2 Jumps

Lylat Cruise: 2 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 2 Jumps

Smashville: 2 Pounds, 2 Jumps; 3 Jumps

Skyworld: 2 Pounds, 1 Jump; 2 Jumps

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
What are the projectiles that Jigglypuff can cancel out with Pound? lol Kinda useless since you can just float over them, but I know you're bored =P

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
What are the projectiles that Jigglypuff can cancel out with Pound? lol Kinda useless since you can just float over them, but I know you're bored =P
Projectiles Pound Out-Prioritizes

Mario's Fireballs and F.L.U.D.D.

Link's Arrows and Boomerang.

Samus' Uncharged shot, Homing Missiles and Charged Missiles.

Pikachu's Jolt.

G&W's Sausages.

Luigi's Fireballs.

Diddy's Peanuts.

Zelda's Din's Fire.

Sheik's Needles.

Pit's Arrows.

Charizard's Flamethrower and Rock Smash.

Squirtle's Water Gun.

Ivysaur's Razor Leaf.

Peach's Turnips.

Yoshi's Eggs.

Lucario's Baby Aura Sphere and Fully Charged Aura Sphere up to 90%.

Ness' PK fire and PK thunder.

Bowser's Flame Breath.

Toon Link's Arrows and Boomerang.

R.O.B.'s Gyro.

Olimar's Pikmin Toss (Will usually kill).

Lucas' PK Fire and PK Thunder

Projectiles Pound Will Not Out-Prioritize

Link's Bomb.

Samus' Charged Shot and Bombs.

Fox's Laser.

Ness' PK Flash.

Lucario's Fully Charged Aura Sphere past 90%.

Toon Link's Bombs.

Wolf's Laser.

R.O.B.'s Laser.

Lucas' PK Flash.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
What about the projectiles Nair out-prioritize? I know it out-prioritizes Samus' charge shots in Melee (How I lost :( ), but I have no idea about Brawl.

Glick

Smash Lord
What I'm about to talk about is kinda hard to explain. So I was in training mode and I was thinking of new possibility's for rest and I thought of something.

Many people press shield when on the ledge do that roll onto stage recovery thing. I figured if I could find some type of measurement for it I could measure how far they roll in so you can rest them. You'll have to play some mind games.

I'm trying to use the arrows on FD but that will only take me so far. Since every game isn't played on FD. I think that everyone should go into training mode and do it with the characters they play the most.

But from what I see most of the roll on stage recovery's are within the same 4 distances.

On the first arrow(from the ledge), between the first and second arrow, on the second arrow, and a step behind the second arrow.

If anybody thinks they can come with a better measurement system, maybe using jigglypuffs themselves as the measurement would be a better idea, be my guest.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I see what you mean, Glick. I thought about this for awhile, and it may work if you have really good prediction. Otherwise, I don't suggest trying this at all unless you WANT to get punished =P

You can also Rest them as they jump off the ledge (via pressing jump while on the ledge lol), but this is a little harder to do. If they decide to attack from the ledge (via pressing an attack button while on the ledge), you could either jump, air dodge and Rest them in their lag OR spotdodge and Rest. Again, don't try it unless you are daring xD

Glick

Smash Lord
Yeah, I see what you mean, Glick. I thought about this for awhile, and it may work if you have really good prediction. Otherwise, I don't suggest trying this at all unless you WANT to get punished =P

You can also Rest them as they jump off the ledge (via pressing jump while on the ledge lol), but this is a little harder to do. If they decide to attack from the ledge (via pressing an attack button while on the ledge), you could either jump, air dodge and Rest them in their lag OR spotdodge and Rest. Again, don't try it unless you are daring xD
Well it really isn't that much a risky move if you know the measurements. Its a sure hit if your in the right place. they are completely vulnerable. I've done it on DKs but looking back It could have been risky since I didn't know the EXACT distance.

ALSO: Some moves like marios dair keep you trapped for a bit. I've rested while in this trap and gotten easy KO's. I've done it to pit too. thats what he gets for being so gay.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
As have I tehr. I rested a MK at a tournament during his jab. The crowd was like "wtf? Where did that Rest come from?" :laugh:

Too bad I lost :(

Top Bottom