• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
While people speak of rest.... I'm excited for her b-air.. and her new design..looks great!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Oh hi

guess who's back, guess who's here

that's right, it's the one and only STEF

so funny story, you know how Nintendo of Canada sent me a copy of smash 4 a week ago? the first thing i did was unlock all the characters, got it done in about an hour or so

however, I was under NDA not to mention any unlockable characters on social media or to the general public

that's right, I was officially banned by Nintendo from trolling about jigglypuff, i had to finally shut up about this character

nintendo gave me a game and they got me to do instantly what smashboards has been trying to get me to do for 3 years

hi guys

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
She's much better than Brawl, b-air and u-tilt are great killers, they fixed her priority mostly and gave her some range back (b-air, f-tilt, u-tilt etc. ) Pound is a bit different and doesn't move you as much, but it still has it's great hitbox. D-air has improved and feels more like smash64 d-air (meaning many hits connect) but I can't find any reliable follow ups, seems you need to space it or you can get punished if you use it and end on the ground. Also this match was lulz, it's day 1 wifi rubbish but that sing bait was hilarious at the end xD

Not seeing her being Melee status but her days of being unable to kill are over! :D

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff was my main back in the day, for Smash 64. In Melee she was awesome. In Brawl... god damn. In this game it seems like she's not going to be much better, but I'd welcome it if she was.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
once youve mained puff in brawl, youve hit rock bottom, every improvement seems god tier

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Jigglypuff was my main back in the day, for Smash 64. In Melee she was awesome. In Brawl... god damn. In this game it seems like she's not going to be much better, but I'd welcome it if she was.
Yeah. This one feels more like Smash 64 Jigglypuff to me right now, and she was mediocre in that game but she could still put in work in the hands of the right person (*cough Isai cough*). This is day 1, she's at least playable. And yeah true dat, any buff really is throwing a bone at us- the ones who put up with CrippledPuff in Brawl.

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
So I've heard news of the japanese that already made a tier list for each characters:

THIS IS SUCH BULL****!
Welp, thing could be about the controls for the 3DS version being kinda sucky.
So hey, we'll wait for the WiiU version to hit the markets.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I actively play 64, melee, and brawl, this puff doesn't feel like any of the others to me

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Is this a good or bad thing, because honestly, back air sold me on Jigglypuff being fun to play in this game
Neither really, puff is either my main or my secondary in every smash (including PM which I don't play often). Dunno why, I play her in every game but very little of her stuff transfers from game to game, but I can still manage.

As opposed to dedede (who I can't play to save my life in smash 4 but he's my brawl main) and peach (who I can't use in any game besides brawl because float cancel and custom control johns) and kirby (LOL I KEEP TRYING TO APPROACH WITH NAIR IN BRAWL, THIS AINT 64 BREH)

Puff is just a fun character

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
So I've heard news of the japanese that already made a tier list for each characters:

THIS IS SUCH BULL****!
Welp, thing could be about the controls for the 3DS version being kinda sucky.
So hey, we'll wait for the WiiU version to hit the markets.
I saw that. That's cool and all, but let's be real: has a day 1 tier list ever been 100% accurate? People are going to discover stuff, develop new techs, strategies- and this is going to change up a bit. For example, ya'all remember when Kirby was A tier when Brawl first came out then he dropped to H tier by the end of the game's lifespan? Yeah...

Her b-air is so easy to land and strong... she can now use other moves like her tilts so she won't have to worry about stale moves. Honestly, IDC where she lands on the tier list... what's important to me is she's at least usable and FUN. This is why I play smash- for FUN! No more scrapping for a KO like in Brawl. Lawl we're so deprived here. >_>

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Hey everyone, I'm going to my state regional tomorrow for melee and smash 4. The smash 4 tournament will start around 1pm pst, and should have a fair amount of stream time. If you guys are interested in some higher level Puff play, check out the stream and keep an eye out for me! :) I might not make it on stream or into the finals, since Washington state has a ton of great players and anything is possible with a new game, but hopefully I'll get at least a couple games in.

here's the link: http://www.twitch.tv/62bitgaming
about 1pm pacific or later

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Hey everyone, I'm going to my state regional tomorrow for melee and smash 4. The smash 4 tournament will start around 1pm pst, and should have a fair amount of stream time. If you guys are interested in some higher level Puff play, check out the stream and keep an eye out for me! :) I might not make it on stream or into the finals, since Washington state has a ton of great players and anything is possible with a new game, but hopefully I'll get at least a couple games in.

here's the link: http://www.twitch.tv/62bitgaming
about 1pm pacific or later
Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Puff's eyes in this game freak me out.
She gets angry when she attacks, she has a lot more expression this time around. I like her new look and her red hat and glasses alt... is that a reference to pokemon trainer X/Ys Serena? Speaking of pokemon x/y I had this happen to me today lol:

irony is fun. That Jigglypuff wanted to play some Smash 4.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So I don't normally like Jigglypuff at all in Smash, but oh my god I love her in this. She just feels so good to play as. The way she hits, the power she has and rest not sucking is just soooo nice. Also the amount of #getrekt i just inflicted on this Dedede made me like her even more. I might have her as secondary.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I got my melee bair and my brawl fair Aww yeee

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So during the Japanese release I thought puff was good but I'd need the Wii U version for her to be my best, thought she was unplayable.

However, after having the American version out and getting a good enough time in the lab and learning tech, I can now proudly say that Jigglypuff is currently my best character on Smash 3DS, and will be even stronger on the Wii U.

With that said, I'm going to be showing up at the Hitbox arena tournament tomorrow, so look out for a Jigglypuff!

www.twitch.tv/smash_24

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
How do you even unlock her?, I've been playing all day and I got everyone except ROB and Jigglypuff, I keep playing classic and still nothing D;

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
How do you even unlock her?, I've been playing all day and I got everyone except ROB and Jigglypuff, I keep playing classic and still nothing D;
I believe you have to play classic with all the pokemon.

Imo a much easier way is just playing 120 vs matches, that will get you everyone. Set the stock to 1 and SD 120 times.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I did 120 1-stock vs matches with cpus and just fastfell off the side as dedede

Skymin50

Smash Cadet
So why play..well, Jigglypuff? She seems weak with little to no KO potential but she looks like a BLAST. How would one get into her?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
So why play..well, Jigglypuff? She seems weak with little to no KO potential but she looks like a BLAST. How would one get into her?
You sure you still not playing Brawl?! She kills VERY well in this game... you must be staling b-air like crazy

Last edited:

Skymin50

Smash Cadet
You sure you still not playing Brawl?! She kills VERY well in this game... you must be staling b-air like crazy
I haven't really tried her at all, but she just -looks- a little weak.

Does she play like Kirby? I play a bit of him so I might be able to adapt that.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

argh I just typed up a long response and the forum did some maintenance so here's tl;dr version:

This is coming from someone who mained kirby and 2nd Jiggz in Brawl...

At a glance, Kirby and Jiggz both have similar jumps and, a few similar moves but they don't play the same. It should be easy to learn one if you know the other though. Jigglypuff can be played more aggressively if needed than Kirby, and also has a much better air and approach game with far superior mobility. She is slower on the ground though, so because of this you will be spending more time in the air than playing a ground game than Kirby, but Jigglypuff received some buffs to her ground game, while Kirby got some nerfs....

IMHO, Kirby now feels out classed by Jigglypuff. He got some really unfortunate nerfs such as combo follow ups on grabs, nerfs on the range of b-air, f-tilt, etc. He already has a poor approach game so now he'll have to work even harder to build damage at lower %s. At least u-tilt is still good.

Jigglypuff can actually approach, has much better air game than Kirby and now can kill easily with it. She also has a decent ground game this time around- they gave her frame data and hitboxes a facelift- notably jab, u-tilt, f-tilt even d-tilt come out much faster.

They gave kirby a better drill and u-smash but the combo and range nerf is pretty bad, he really didn't deserve those nerfs. I would recommend using Puff for sure in this game if you like Kirby.

And trust me, Jigglypuff is Jigglybuff in this game- not weak at all...

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
listen guys, you really need to stop liking my posts, they're not good

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071

I find kirby and puff dont play even remotely similarly in any smash game

I mained one and secondaried the other in every game (except melee because lol kirby)

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
OK thanks guys, I have finally unlocked her, I'm so happy! she's so good in this game!~ I was playing some For Glory matches against a Pit but he kept kicking my ass, there were some close matches but more often than not I made stupid mistakes that ended up killing me, how would you guys approach a match against Pit with Jigglypuff?

Doroco

Smash Cadet
i found a another puff in for glory mode, our match was 3 minutes of floating around looking cute, many sings were used

Also the expression on jigglypuffs face during down throw is beautiful

TheAppleFreak

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheAppleFreak
I was playing a match against the CPUs earlier today, and found a bug with Puff. I can't remember the circumstances leading up to it (and I didn't save the replay, aaugh!), but it was Puff dittos against a random CPU, and I got a rest that killed. When the CPU Puff spawned back in, she had 60% damage without me even doing anything. I tried hitting it a few times, and it accumulated as would be expected, and when I got the next kill it still started with 60% damage. I tried SDing, and I spawned at a normal 0%.

It was on Battlefield, 3 stocks, against a Lv 9 random CPU. I haven't been able to replicate it since.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I was playing a match against the CPUs earlier today, and found a bug with Puff. I can't remember the circumstances leading up to it (and I didn't save the replay, aaugh!), but it was Puff dittos against a random CPU, and I got a rest that killed. When the CPU Puff spawned back in, she had 60% damage without me even doing anything. I tried hitting it a few times, and it accumulated as would be expected, and when I got the next kill it still started with 60% damage. I tried SDing, and I spawned at a normal 0%.

It was on Battlefield, 3 stocks, against a Lv 9 random CPU. I haven't been able to replicate it since.
It could have been handicapped.

TealPlatypus

Smash Cadet
I'm a bit disappointed that Jigglypuff doesn't make a sound when she gets hit. It makes her seem so lifeless compared to some of the other characters. What happened to the "JIGGALEE!" sound she would make when she got launched in Melee? And what makes this even more aggravating is the fact that Purin, Japanese Jigglypuff, does make sounds when she gets hit. Did NoA just get lazy? :\

Top Bottom