• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I might just be optimistic, but she seems to have very good air mobility and speed compared many other characters. This might make her really good at feigning approaches (and effectively dash dancing in the air).

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Hamayama unlocked jiggs but didn't play as her afterwards at all.

And, being a COM, didn't use sing or rest.

It's just that I've seen every one of puff's moves used at least once except for Sing so I don't know if it's unchanged or not. (It's probably still there since sing is such a staple move of Puff's, but it might have different properties)

Luminario

Smash Lord
Hamayama unlocked jiggs but didn't play as her afterwards at all.

And, being a COM, didn't use sing or rest.

It's just that I've seen every one of puff's moves used at least once except for Sing so I don't know if it's unchanged or not. (It's probably still there since sing is such a staple move of Puff's, but it might have different properties)
I saw sing being used and it let her get a free attack but they were already waking up as the attack landed. The effects looked a bit nicer for it but it does the same thing.

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
http://www.twitch.tv/yushako/b/567716278

At 1:02:15, Rest star KOs a Kirby in training mode at 60%. No DI there, of course, but on the other hand Rest might have been able to KO at less damage unless Yushako just happened to hit exactly the necessary damage.

Between that and her 4% pummel, the lesson is don't get close to Smash 4 Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
http://www.twitch.tv/yushako/b/567716278

At 1:02:15, Rest star KOs a Kirby in training mode at 60%. No DI there, of course, but on the other hand Rest might have been able to KO at less damage unless Yushako just happened to hit exactly the necessary damage.

Between that and her 4% pummel, the lesson is don't get close to Smash 4 Jigglypuff.
Nice!! Thanks!

So Rest seems pretty awesome in Smash 4! (Well Rest is always awesome, just not in Brawl cus it was too weak to kill until they are already in normal kill % and therefore almost never worth it).

Rest does 20 damage, and then does 35 (!) flower damage! Wow! Once again I'm really impressed by the design/balance in this Smash! In Brawl, it did 15 + 27 damage.

Rest launches Kirby very close to the point before you go offscreen at only 17%. It may be very possible that even with DI, Kirby can die to Rest at 30-40%, and almost surely by 50% it will be a guaranteed kill. That is around the strength of Melee's Rest!!! (Still depends on exact power confirmation as well as depending on where you use Rest in Melee since Rest still launches upwards like it did in Brawl and not diagonally like in Melee).

Rest seems easier to hit now as well! He was able to dash into a Rest. Correct me if wrong but jiggs couldn't do this in previous smashes, and this will really create more opportunities to use it.

I also notice that it may be the case that she sleeps shorter. When Kirby is launched at 17% and comes back down, Jigglypuff is already almost awake! Though of course this is hard to tell, I am only comparing it to videos of Brawl right now. It will also depend on how early you can jump/fast fall and reach Jigglypuff after being hit with Rest. However, with her rest doing a total of 55 damage, it's looking like trading damage can be a very good strategy. It would be a 55 damage to ~20-30 trade for most characters, and maybe ~40 at worst if there are some attacks like Rock Smash that do a ridiculous amount like in Brawl. Hurray, now Rest has more uses than simply to kill, and without being as impractical as the Brawl Rest!

REST IS AWESOME! **** YES!

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
OMG REST HITBOX IS HUGE

Not to mention buffed kill power, buffed damage initially and through the flower, shorter rest recovery AND smash 4 having much more combo potential than Brawl.

There goes the last of my worries. Get used to seeing me on these boards cause I'm maining the hell out of Puff! :D

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
OMG REST HITBOX IS HUGE

Not to mention buffed kill power, buffed damage initially and through the flower, shorter rest recovery AND smash 4 having much more combo potential than Brawl.

There goes the last of my worries. Get used to seeing me on these boards cause I'm maining the hell out of Puff! :D
**** yes! I really like playing Jiggs but it's just hard to enjoy it in Brawl when she's one of the worst characters and doesn't even have a good Rest (since it's one of her most fun moves!) that you can have fun with. Will be definitely playing her as a secondary or main!

Last edited:

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
OMG REST HITBOX IS HUGE

yeahhhhhhhh im on ur side AMP IT UP PUFF!!!!!!!!!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Some of Puff's custom moves were just shown off on stream.

Her first Sing customization is a slower sing that deals 4% damage per tick and has a little knockback, her second one has a huge range but is god-awfully slow, it deals 2% per tick and reverses the opponent. Both options don't seem to be very good at all.

A Rest customization was also shown off, it instantly throws her high into the air (as in higher than Mega Man's Up-B), but makes the hit a lot weaker (had to go up to 120% to KO Captain Falcon.) You can't grab the ledge after you fall asleep, so I'm not sure what the use is. Streamer hadn't unlocked her second customization.

So far the customizations aren't too impressive, hopefully the remaining Rest customization is a Melee-esque one.

Last edited:

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
Any news on the unlock method for Jigglypuff other than 120 vs matches?

EDIT:
Jigglypuff - Beat Classic Mode on 7.0 difficulty or higher with a Pokemon character.
And another
Jigglypuff is from beating Classic with a character who has custom moves assigned.
Source: Reddit

I think the customization method is a lot more likely.

Last edited:

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Hey Jigglypuff fans, this isn't really on topic for our favorite pink puff, but I've got 2 Eshop codes left for the 3DS Demo :). Who needs one?

Edit: They're all gone now. Everyone will have access to the demo the 19th, though!

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
OMG REST HITBOX IS HUGE

oh my sweet jiggly jesus puff

lets go

Hey Jigglypuff fans, this isn't really on topic for our favorite pink puff, but I've got 2 Eshop codes left for the 3DS Demo :). Who needs one?
Eshop demo codes? Wat u mean?

Last edited:

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
oh my sweet jiggly jesus puff

lets go

Eshop demo codes? Wat u mean?
Like. Nintendo gave Club Platinum members a few demo codes for Smash bros' demo, one for them and a few to give away. I've got one left over now, so would you like it? :p

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Im so ready to make Jigglypuff the best character in this game lets go.

Im too hyped right now guys I seriously am

Last edited:

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
It's ludicrous to me that I put that much time into a bottom tier character. Made my spacing pretty incredible but really. I still main her in Melee but I'm so glad that I can actually play her in the new installment. I hope we can get better footage of her soon.

Laniv

Smash Champion
OMG REST HITBOX IS HUGE

Oh sweet Arceus, it's happening.

I love the Jigglybuffs.
Fixed.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yay for the jigglypuff buffs. And so cute as well! This is all so amazing! I just can't wait to play as her. She may not be my main, but my god I'd love to play her casually. <3

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
I'm so glad that Jigglypuff has been buffed, especially Rest! I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but does anyone know what happens with Jiggly's shield breaks?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Aah okay, thanks. Kind of disappointing but expected.
I think its just part of tradition really.

That sucks. I wasn't really expecting a different mechanic for her but with shields supposedly being easier to break, Jigglypuff has to be a lot more careful now.
I dunno, she generally had a better shield than most other characters in Brawl. Besides, if she had a normal shield break she'd still die anyways from the punishment her opponent would give her. It's hardly a thing to be worried about imo.

Spirst

I dunno, she generally had a better shield than most other characters in Brawl. Besides, if she had a normal shield break she'd still die anyways from the punishment her opponent would give her. It's hardly a thing to be worried about imo.
Yeah, that's true enough. Something like a fully charged smash is still a less certain KO than a shieldbreak KO though but yeah, it's not too big a deal.

Either way, I'm glad she's received buffs. Maybe I missed it, but any word on her alts?

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
That sucks. I wasn't really expecting a different mechanic for her but with shields supposedly being easier to break, Jigglypuff has to be a lot more careful now.
It's never been a problem for Puff because she's almost never actually on the ground. She also generally has a strong shield for her size, and shields don't really seem all that easy to break now, they're just easier to break than Brawl, where it was nearly impossible to break shields unless you're Marth.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
May the puff rise for battle.

Joking aside, Glad to see Jiggs back. I hope to try her out this game.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Hey guys it seems like Jigglypuff's dair has a knockback on the last hit just like the new jabs and multihit attacks.

This means that the traditional dair into rest combo doesn't seem to work, or perhaps it can still work if you dair and land on the ground before it finishes and are able to land a rest?

But it won't be really a problem, since you can do other things into rest now. It's just that it would be a little sad if it's really goodbye to dair -> rest X) Not that I was ever able to do that combo reliably anyways, haha

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Hey guys it seems like Jigglypuff's dair has a knockback on the last hit just like the new jabs and multihit attacks.

This means that the traditional dair into rest combo doesn't seem to work, or perhaps it can still work if you dair and land on the ground before it finishes and are able to land a rest?

But it won't be really a problem, since you can do other things into rest now. It's just that it would be a little sad if it's really goodbye to dair -> rest X) Not that I was ever able to do that combo reliably anyways, haha

Hmmm, maybe it's possible to autocancel dair before the last hit? Or you could move away so that hit doesn't connect. All theoretical but you never know haha

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
still shocked no one made video showcasing Jigg's custom moves. the wait is killing me!

Top Bottom