• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Yep, Jigglypuff is confirmed to be fairy type, along with Gardevoir, Marrill, and two new pokemon.

I probably wouldn't mind a new side special move or something.

Now, this more then anything makes me wanna see Jiggs back. She's pot potential for something new and cool to rep the newest pokemon which would be awesome and would probably get the naysayers a bit.

I always loved playing as Jiggs for fun too, I can only hope that random ear looking things is her XD

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably alone on this but I kinda want her to be a starter this time around, her and Luigi are the only ones of the original 12 who haven't been starters and have always been unlockable, I think it'd be nice if she had that kind of prominence though I doubt it

Wigglytuff ★

Smash Cadet
I'm probably alone on this but I kinda want her to be a starter this time around, her and Luigi are the only ones of the original 12 who haven't been starters and have always been unlockable, I think it'd be nice if she had that kind of prominence though I doubt it
See, I sort of disagree. I like that you have to work for Jigglypuff. It makes him more special

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I pray she returns....and I think she will.

I hope they fix her some of her moves to be more effective. The singing thing is so useless in that the players always wake up before she stops singing. :|

I think like with Game&Watch's percentage thing, and Peach randomly pulling out an item with down b, that Jiggly's singing move should have a "luck" factor for how long the person sleeps.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Some fat ugly b**** on twitter is spamming sakurai messages tell him to cut Jigglypuff and Toonlink. Thank god Sakurai only knows its name as "Purin".

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
All I can say is: Please come back and be decent at the very least. I felt so empty knowing I couldn't use her effectively anymore in Brawl after more than 10 years maining it!

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
I would really like to see Jigglypuff with some new specials and Final Smash since pretty much none of those were good in Brawl, which is a shame considering Rest was like the best move in Melee. Sleep is Jigglypuff's characteristic move but Rollout can easily be replaced by a new Fairy-type move.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I believe they're going to remove rest. Most casuals don't understand the move at all, finding it to be useless and stupid, and it's too difficult to balance a move like that. (Melee is an example of when the move is made really good, Brawl is an example of it being made poorly. Frightening vs. near useless.)

Despite that, I believe ssb64 did a great job with rest and I would love to see the move return.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Moonblast (a Fairy move from Gen.6) sounds like an awesome Final Smash for Jigglypuff.

I have no idea what it does, or if Jiggs can learn it. But... it just sounds like it fits.

Moon... Blast. Moon... Blast. sounds like what you'd expect from Skull Kid. :p

The Sword of Demise

Smash Rookie
What i dont understand is that he sayys that there will be roster cuts due to the 3ds' software limitations bbut if they are not compatibble then why the hell would you restrict the other version i think sakurai might just be lazy

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
What i dont understand is that he sayys that there will be roster cuts due to the 3ds' software limitations bbut if they are not compatibble then why the hell would you restrict the other version i think sakurai might just be lazy
Melee being objectively the best game in the series had a roster severely 'cut down' from Brawl. They could just take melee's lineup and swap out Pichu and Roy for Oli/Wiifit/Mega/Villager/Pit/Geno and I'm pretty sure everyone would be happy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Melee being objectively the best game in the series had a roster severely 'cut down' from Brawl. They could just take melee's lineup and swap out Pichu and Roy for Oli/Wiifit/Mega/Villager/Pit/Geno and I'm pretty sure everyone would be happy.

That better be sarcasm...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Some fat ugly b**** on twitter is spamming sakurai messages tell him to cut Jigglypuff and Toonlink. Thank god Sakurai only knows its name as "Purin".
Because this one person would affect his decision.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This post made me cry... There's just absolutely nothing right about it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I fear for the Puff. But if there's ever a moment to spice her up a bit, it's now with the whole new fairy-type she has gotten. I wouldn't mind seeing Rollout canned for a fairy-type that can be used in Smash. I hate the idea of cutting anyone, especially those with unique movesets. There's nobody in the game that plays like Jiggs so I don't see why it should go ahead of characters such as Falco who don't offer anything different.

Sing needs a massive buff, and Rest needs to go back to it's Melee 'self' if/when she comes back though.

The Sword of Demise

Smash Rookie
I honestly didnt use jigglypuff in melee because i didnt try to be good until i got brawl but when i wwent back and used jiggles i see what ive missed

And honestly if anyone of the original cast should gtfo it should be luigi

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
None of them should leave, ever. Especially not Luigi, one of the most iconic Nintendo faces. Like it or not, Jiggs is probably bottom of the list when it comes to finalising the roster (heck, she was in Brawl) which worries me.

The Sword of Demise

Smash Rookie
I understand that but you cant deny that he is the original clone character and a character that is completely unique such as jigglypuff shouldnt be scrapped for a character that is not much more than a costume change

I guess it would make more sense to scrap toon link or falco

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Luigi is vastly different from Mario, and has been becoming more and more unique since their debut in smash 64. In Brawl, their play-styles are incredibly unique, and many of their once shared moves have spread out into newer and unique move sets for each character.

And if you were to expect Luigi getting the boot during the 'Year of Luigi,' you're sadly mistaken.

The Sword of Demise

Smash Rookie
Okay in recent years luigi has become his own character but in the original you cannot say he wasnt a clone im not saying i hate luigi im just saying that for me personally jigglypuff is a character i want in smash more. And even though its called the year of luigi doesnt make everything hes in not a mario game .

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You can't get rid of Sing, it's an important element for Jigglypuff!'s character Sadly it's not in battle...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
IMO give Jiggs the ability to 1HKO with rest.
Only if it's hard to time the move. I'd give Sing a buff and make it risqué like Rest. I like how Jiggs is a risky character to use but if your gamble pays off you should be rewarded.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
This post made me cry... There's just absolutely nothing right about it.
So you're saying Brawl was a better game than Melee? That tripping was a good idea, metaknight was balanced, and 0.1 times gravity is A-ok?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So you're saying Brawl was a better game than Melee? That tripping was a good idea, metaknight was balanced, and 0.1 times gravity is A-ok?
You don't seem to be very keen on accepting other people's opinions. I played Melee 7 years straight, but when Brawl came out I never looked back (except in regards to Jigglypuff ironically who was butchered in Brawl.) Yes, it has flaws, but damn it if Melee doesn't have that too, people just seem to have forgotten or have chosen to forget them. And I feel sorry for you if tripping is enough to ruin a game for you.

But anyways, that wasn't the point of my post, I was pointing out how ignorant it was to say that Melee was objectively the best game when it comes down to simple preferences, just like everything else, and that the proposed roster you had in mind was absolutely horrific. Melee's roster was nowhere near as good as a Nintendo All Stars roster should be, so going backwards to that but with a few added sprinkles is in no way a feasible idea.

Sorry to respond with such a negative tone, but you sure aren't making your case better yourself.

Either way, this is the Jigglypuff thread, why on earth should we discuss this in this thread? I say we let it rest.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
You don't seem to be very keen on accepting other people's opinions. I played Melee 7 years straight, but when Brawl came out I never looked back (except in regards to Jigglypuff ironically who was butchered in Brawl.) Yes, it has flaws, but damn it if Melee doesn't have that too, people just seem to have forgotten or have chosen to forget them. And I feel sorry for you if tripping is enough to ruin a game for you.

But anyways, that wasn't the point of my post, I was pointing out how ignorant it was to say that Melee was objectively the best game when it comes down to simple preferences, just like everything else, and that the proposed roster you had in mind was absolutely horrific. Melee's roster was nowhere near as good as a Nintendo All Stars roster should be, so going backwards to that but with a few added sprinkles is in no way a feasible idea.

Sorry to respond with such a negative tone, but you sure aren't making your case better yourself.

Either way, this is the Jigglypuff thread, why on earth should we discuss this in this thread? I say we let it rest.
As for why this is here, I am not the one who brought up that there would be roster cuts. Which directly leads to a discussion of roster size. Which pretty much squarely puts the size in terms of melee - brawl on a gradient(more than the first, less than the second). And since several non-melee characters were already confirmed(mega, villager, etc), the wiggleroom is little. So yes, if Sakurai is to be at all believed, that is going to be VERY close to the roster we get. All there's room for on a roster to fit the 3DS is melee + 'sprinkles.'

Melee had next to no flaws, especially when compared to brawl. There's a reason one of them topped the charts and had competitive longevity over a decade and the other one was shunned by the majority of the community and removed from all serious competition. But if you wanna try and list melee flaws, go ahead...unless you're trying to argue that wavedashing was a flaw...

But yes, a mechanic in which you have a chance to instantly lose a life every time you try to move IS in fact enough to ruin the game for me. And for a lot of others as well. But it wasn't just that, there were hundreds of other crippling problems in the game as well.

As for not accepting opinions, it's a laughable irony as always for one such as you to say. When someone like me gives their opinion and is instantly harped on for it by you. Just...laughable. As for "objectively," it is. Anyone who thinks brawl is better...is wrong. It's a fact. Or they're just trying to be a hipster since melee, being the better one, is far more popular. It's like a colorblind person saying the sky is orange. They may believe it, but they are wrong.

I now give you permission to get the last word to "win" this debate. Since you seem to have a lot riding on that. And I'm done responding in this thread to a self-important wall of stubbornness and closed ears.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
When you say stuff like this, you're bound to get a fair share of hate. "Everybody" would most certainly not be happy with what you proposed, even if you would be.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Jiggs was fun in 64 and Melee, but she is starting to grow a bit bland to me. I am not sure if I would mind her leaving.

She could be made a little less stale.

Forward Smash could be rollout. And the new B move could be Jiggs puffing herself up into a big ball. Release of B makes her fly around like a deflating balloon which has some directional control.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Only if it's hard to time the move. I'd give Sing a buff and make it risqué like Rest. I like how Jiggs is a risky character to use but if your gamble pays off you should be rewarded.

I think you meant "Risky," haha. Risque is something...completely different. :laugh:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ah yes, I did!

But who wouldn't want something more risqué? :smirk:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Samus is so 2008...or something

Year of the Puff

Reznor

work in progress
so what do you guys think Jiggs chances are I think they are kind of in the middle

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'd say they are pretty high. She has seniority and a Smash game without her would feel empty.

Reznor

work in progress
I'd say they are pretty high. She has seniority and a Smash game without her would feel empty.
for some reason people think her chances are low because she was "low priority" which I think is just an excuse
she is one of the original 12 she must always be in smash

Top Bottom