• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Moveset Summaries

Metatitan

Smash Master
So I made one of these for yoshi, but it's still going through adjustments because a lot of yoshies (nonproshies, but still they have an equal say) are *****ing about me being too harsh on yoshi's worthless moves, such as egg roll, uthrow, and dash attack. So I'll start one here after i finish up the yoshi one. The good thing is I shouldn't face much complaining since we already know certain moves are completely useless :D.

Since it'd be too much of a hassle for me to find every single move thread, ill summarize her moveset based on my opinion and what I remember from the move threads and then we will discuss from there on.

Summaries

Jab: 3/10
Jiggs' jab is pretty terribad. It's not a true combo, its range is horrid and it doesn't do that much damage. That said, a single jab to grab can work sometimes since her grab range is orgasmic. You can jab lock with it, but there is no reliable way to set up a jab lock.

Dash Attack: 8/10
Her dash attack comes out fast. It is easily punished when shielded and pretty much is obvious when u want to hit with it (because a lot of jiggs users i see use it when they are desperate for the kill). It cant combo either. Despite this, it is an amazing KO move and does a nice chunk of damage. And since fair will probly be stale, this is her most reliable KO move aside from fair. It is one of her few good ground moves.

Tilts

F Tilt: 5/10
It's okay. You can end a combo with it after a landing bair. It can be a nice GTFO move. You can get a surprise KO here and there. That said, it really doesn't serve a strong purpose and it lacks in range.

D Tilt: -50/10
**** this move. **** it **** it **** it **** it **** it. It could have been so good too! Jiggs ducks while using it and it has high priority. It only hits for a few frames tho and is horrendously slower than it was in melee (mabey not but in melee it was at least useful). You can shield poke with it and mabey land in a DACUS because of it, but good luck hitting with such a piece of **** attack. **** you d tilt.

U Tilt: 8/10
By far her best tilt. It is fast, it has some disjoint in the back (i wish it was like snake's lol), it can combo, and it can kill. We need to use this tilt a lot more, its good lol. The only problem with it is its lack of range.

Smashes

F Smash: 5/10
**** Sakurai. This move was just fine in melee. Now its weaker and slower. A lot slower. Like as in its primarily used to punish rolls or spotdodges. But hey it kills at least :urg:

D Smash: 3/10
Um, this move is about as useless as D Tilt. Its really weak, slow, and has bad range. Its rated as a 3/10 because its probly her best taunt. I mean she twirls around, how badass is that?

U Smash: 8/10
A nice finisher and a great eater of spotdodges. It can be used with the DACUS and has great disjoint. And it does a nice amount of damage, which doesn't hurt. Overall just a great move.

Aerials

Fair: 10/10
Probably her best arial. Huge range, sex-kick properties, and huge KO potential. We do our best to not use this move so that we can get the ez KO. However reality says hi and we realize that we are going to be staling our fair quite a bit. Regardless it is just a plain amazing move.

Dair: 8/10
A great aerial. In fact all her aerials are great. But moving on, dair is probly her best OoS option aside from nair. It can combo into rest, grab, uptilt, lots of stuff :D. It does 16% too, how awesome is that!

Bair: 9/10
Jiggs' second best arial. It has the highest priority of her arials and is best described as a combo starter, approach, and overall a precise attack. It, like fair, WoP's, but in all honesty its a wannabe fair, fairs sex kick makes WoP so much better. But still this move is amazing, learn to use it or u will phail with jiggs. To avoid shieldgrabbing, DI away after u hit with this move.

Uair: 7/10
Average priority, mediocre range and an almost impossibility to use as an approach make this move seem like a turn off. However, it has a nice duration to it and comboes well, so eat up their airdodges with this attack! Best used in the air or after a bair has been landed.

Nair: 8/10
I love this move. It is her best OoS option and the sex kick comboes amazingly. However, its range is horrible and make it a terrible approach aside from a spotdodge happy opponent (but no good player is gonna spam spotdodging).

Specials

F Special(Pound): 10/10
Pound is amazing. IMO, it should only be used in three circumstances (which are quite common): recovering, ourprioritizing an opponent's approach, and punishing (laggy attacks, spotdodges, airdodges, anything that needs a good pounding :D). It should not be used as a direct approach because of its endlag. I love this moves priority tho, which sometimes make it tempting.

D Special(Rest): 7/10
Best used in a drill rest. You can learn to rest interupt as well, in all honesty only a rest OoS would be useful in this form. To learn all about rest, see veril's guide.

U Special(Sing): 2/10
Sing is only feasible for use in ledge canceled form. You can sing falco's illusion like tehrxxz0r did, but thats a one-in-a-million shot. Still hysterical when it happens tho :laugh:

Grabs

F Throw: 8/10
F throw is pretty self explanatory, u want your opponent chucked in front of u to position yourself better so u use it. It does a nice amount of damage; all her throws do the same amount. If they airdodge and its on stage, DACUS.

D Throw: 8/10
If u throw has too much knockback to help you in the situation, use d throw. Plus this throw is hysterical, u squish them with your noggin.

B Throw: 9/10
Her best throw, it positions them perfectly off the stage, which is where jigglypuff likes them.

U Throw: 8/10
If d throw has too little knockback for the situation, use this throw. That or u still have melee jiggs programmed into you.

N Throw(Pummeling): 10/10
Jiggs' pummels do 3% each hit. That's a lot. Characters like yoshi would splooge all over the wall for a pummel like that. Combine that with a great grab range and throws that all do 10% and you have a guaranteed 13% throw. At higher %'s you can have a 16% throw. Not to mention jiggs has some grab releases (check the grab release thread) so its nice to pummel once and then stop to get the air release :D.

Veril

Frame Savant
D-tilt only exists to beat out the nado. It can also shield poke. That is the entirety of this moves use.

Don't use sing in 1v1.

2 down. Start with f-air, its honestly the move most worth discussing (other than rest <3)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Don't use sing in 1v1.
Nonsense, I hit dojo's MK with Sing.

Also, a perfect ledge cancel sing (going low as possible and barley grabbing the ledge) will protect you from attacks. Most players will sheild when you do sing on the ledge, although doing a perfect ledge cancel sing can't possbily hit your opponents they will be wasting their sheilds. Do it multiple times in a row for their sheild to disintergrate.

I've been practicing my matchups with Vex and currently i'm working on snake. When I did ledge cancel sing he would always hit me with the u tilt or sheild, doing the perfect ledge canceld sing he couldn't hit me with his u tilt anymore and his sheild would deplete faster. Snake NEEDS his shield to protect himself from pound which is the one move he can't beat. If he sheilds it your screwd though. He couldn't pull out a grenade either because there would be enough time for me to notice and grab him instead.

MrEh

Smash Hero
If you do Sing low enough, Jiggs will snap to the ledge and the invincibility will protect from nearly everything.

PND

Smash Champion
I disagree with the aerial section. (Only section I read so far.)

Bair > Fair > Nair > Uair > Dair

Metatitan

Smash Master
Unfortunately that is incorrect, fair is a lot better than bair, its practically her only move with range. Fair has always been better than bair because of its range and sex kick.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
I also think Bair is better than Fair... but maybe that's just me

Metatitan

Smash Master
^
thats usually a misconception because people reserve their fair to KO with. whenever im playing a character that actually has range (aka any top tier character), i tend to hit with fair waaaaay more than bair. don't get me wrong, bair is great but fair has always been better than bair and unless something is done do bair in the next smash game, it always will be

Top Bottom