• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Matchup #3: Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wait? When did Dedede was able to limit our recovery options, especially since he is 4 times slower in the air? Why also do you forward that we simply rely on our armour as our primary method of Recovery?

Also for KO'ing, Nair > Footstool wont work, Fair gets countered badly by Pivot grabs, and his other methods are either countered by pivots also, or pain hard to hit with. Rest is good, yes, but since you are going to be the one approaching most of the time, it's not something that will happen often. What do you have left?

Really though, you guys are accusing us as being anecdotal? You guys need to look at yourselves!

Seriously! You guys forward the most impractical ideas to counter techniques that are just plain inpossible to do in practice. Alex still forwards Rising Pounds as a reliable Anti-Pivot grab technique despite the flaws I have constantly listed where you will be punished from it, and using Rest to counter every direct move Yoshi has? Seriously? I am not denying that it's false, but do you know how much reflexes you need for it, especially the fact that screwing up once will result in death?

And after all of that, you still haven't figured out a way to get past Yoshi's Pivot/Usmash defence, or even acknowledge it at all, considering this is the one thing that you need to focus on the most in this matchup.

I have my reasons to criticize the players you people you play against. Scala is simply not good, "Roomate who play Yoshi" is just that, and I have no idea who this Retlaf guy is, but from the descriptions you have listed, he does not seem to know how to DJAD at all, or even DJAD period.

PND

Smash Champion
I was ready to abandon this topic, but you just insinuated that, in all likelihood, the best Yoshi player in EC Canada doesn't know how to ****ing airdodge? Get over yourself.

Seriously. WTF. I mentioned earlier that "to get around a DJAD you jump backwards and rising pound." Guess what? It's been tested. It works. But lol, anecdotal, right?

If you guys can use "prediction" to know where we're jumping when you egg us (which we have no answer to, right? lol, what, what do those shoulder buttons do again?) we can use "prediction" to measure the line Yoshi's going to be moving in. It's not ****ing hard.

GET OVER YOURSELF, GET OVER YOUR MAIN. STOP. POSTING.

Onxy

Smash Lord
It seems like there is a lot of explaining on HOW character "A" beats character "B," instead of explaining what the actual advantages and disadvantages are, between them.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
As for alex saying i said u thought it was even... I never said that lol. And yes im sure jiggs can get through pivot defense by falling pound or something but its not that reliable (answering for any jiggs main trying to use pound as some magic card).
Wow you guys need to learn how to read. Its official, I hate the Yoshi boards. I said Mmac said it was 60-40 Yoshi, I got a PM from Burntsocks a while ago saying the same numbers, and Metatitan said 55-45. None are even, some are close to even. Seriously, I am getting this thread locked. This is just a flame war and its because a lot of Yoshi users either:

A) Don't know how to read
B) Insist on posting stuff without any verification and no facts (Yes sir orion, that is you).

There are a fair number of Yoshi users who are fine but seriously....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom